logo

Cash for Laptops
Price Scam & Damaged Laptop
3. (38 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
4. (41 mins ago)
Cancellation of Tickets

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

COX Communications, Pittsburg, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - Poor internet connection and customer service

COX Communications Contacts & Informations

COX Communications

Posted:    llong

Poor internet connection and customer service

Cox Communications
Pittsburg, Kansas
www.cox.com
This company has the worst customer service possible.

I schedule an transfer of service 1-2 months in advance, left to go to the store, had my mother in law waiting to answer the door. Supposedly, the tech claims he showed up knocked on the door, and left. No note, nothing! I call re-schedule.

The tech shows up, I query him about the previous missed appt, he says he walked around the house and it was going to be a big install and they don't normally do those on Saturday..so it sound to me like he did not really want to do it so he did not really try too hard to knock at the door.

Cable gets Installed, within the next few days the cable stops working. I call wait on the phone for 30 minutes. They can't even find an account for me. It is lost, say they will call back shorty, never call back. I call again get it resolved.

In the next week or so... Internet stops working, call, wait an hour on the phone for help, get someone who can't help, they "transfer" me to another tech, I wait again for an hour - on my cell phone! totally wasting minutes. I ask for a credit. They say I can't be given one. I ask for a manager, I tells me I don't deserve one. I finally get some type of $25 credit.

Nice, my cable has not worked 100%, my internet stops working ( I work from home - its my life blood - they say i'm not losing any money because i can just use a neighbors wireless connection - hmmm...why should i even bother paying for what i get anyhow, right?), i waste hours on the phone trying to resolve any problem i have...

in the end....

Very poor customer service every time i have ever called... except when they were trying to get me to become a customer!
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008 by   Chris 0 Votes
In the past 4 days, I have called Cox 4 times due to no phone, internet or cable service.

During the first call, their excuse was that service was out in my area.

Three days later my phone and internet service went out. So I called and they said that service was fine in my area. They tried to fix it over the phone but couldn't. So they said they would try to send a tech. About 15 minutes later the cable went out so I called again. They said they were still trying to get a tech to my house but they weren't sure if they could. A tech arrived but by that time all service was working.

Later in the evening, no internet service again. When I called, they said they couldn't sent a tech for 3 days. I spoke with a supervisor who was positively rude.

This morning, still no internet. I called once again to see if a tech could come out sooner. This time they said that there is an outage in my area and a tech is working on it.

I don't think Cox Communications has any idea what they are doing. But they do know how to say that there is an outage in the again. Don't even try to get a reduction to your bill because you don't have service and have to waste your cell phone minutes calling them. They must have the worst customer service in history
 17th of Oct, 2008 by   Jackson Tabby 0 Votes
Cox Internet is absolutely disastrous! In some parts of the Fairfax County, VA Cox has a monopoly over the Internet services. Basically, its Internet is worse than a free dial-up! In addition, Cox is routinely overbiling and its business/customer department is rude, at least. Boycott Cox services!!!
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   E. 0 Votes
Worst service ever. Cox came to "upgrade" the lines outside my entire apartment as well as those for the individual units...after that my analog no longer worked, so I decided to go ahead and order digital. Picked up my digital cable box only to have it not work...after many phone calls they realized they recently did repairs on the outside and inside lines to my apartment building and that this was the likely source of my problems. After a visit from a rep it turned out it was the outside line, which it took them 2.5 weeks to fix...I still experienced minor-to-moderate problems and called only to be told that it might be the inside line which they just "upgraded." Even though the "upgrade" was just done I was informed that I would be charged for fixing any of the lines. When I told the rep. that this was clearly a result of the line upgrade, I was told "sorry, but you'll still be charged." Scandalous. To date, any time there are issues with the HD channels, I'm told that it's the broadcaster's fault...each time, for each channel. They're terrible; go with FIOS or satellite, even TimeWarner, if you can.

3 Ways to Clean Up Your Credit History