logo

Nokia Uk Mobile Promo
Fake lottery
2. (39 mins ago)
Debonair Dogos
Debonair Dogos PUPPY MILL ALERT! Debonair Dogos debonairdogos.tripod.com , www.dogo.net , debonairdogo.tripod.com www.debonairdogoargentinos.com
3. (39 mins ago)
Makeover Essentials
scam, corrupt
4. (50 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
Do not purchase from these guys
5. (1 hr 27 mins ago)
Keranique
Rude customer representive

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cooking Club of America Complaints & Reviews - All they want is your money and to screw up your credit!

Cooking Club of America Contacts & Informations

Cooking Club of America

Posted:    Chrystal Lenee' Houston

All they want is your money and to screw up your credit!

I, first of all would like to say that I am appalled at how this so called business is ran. I am an extremely unhappy customer. I no longer want to be affiliated with anything involving the COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA. I have wrote several times trying to cancel my membership with the COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA.

I've wrote letters, I've attempted to get the phone number and I've also attempted to communicate with the COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA via e-mail, but yet no response in fact this company continues to send me bills, unwanted cookbooks and magazines. I know that me writing my complaint to the world will not resolve my problem, however if i can save someone else's credit or waisted time even attempting to deal with this company this complaint has served some purpose. God is my witness I wish I never knew of a COOKING CLUB OF AMERICA. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY AND TO SCREW UP YOUR CREDIT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AMERICA.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2007 by   Ruth H. Warten 0 Votes
Today I received a bill for a 24 month Membership at $24 from the "The Cooking Club of America". They told me that I was way overdue and if I don't send a check by 7/16/07, they will give it to a collection company and cancel my membership. I never applied for membership. I think I asked for more information and consequently had to give them the address. I've gotten a couple of magazines, but this is the first bill.
 29th of Jun, 2007 by   Jennifer Nguyen 0 Votes
I have never heard of this club before and out of no where I was billed for a magazine subscription from Cooking Club of America... that i have never subscribed for. I don't care what you do but the CEO of Cooking Club of America better cancel this for me.
 11th of Sep, 2007 by   Kimberly Haeger 0 Votes
I'm very disgusted with Cooking Club of America. I received mail from them to join this wonderful club and start cooking like a gourmet. Well, let me tell you I sent them $24.00 for my membership dues and I haven't gotten anything yet. They were suppose to send me a cocoa lover's collection and a grater. I was also suppose to have a magazine subscription to Cooking Pleasures Magazine. I haven't received anything at all. They robbed me of my $24.00 and I received nothing in return. I'm totally fed up with this company. I'm just thankful that all I lost was $24.00. I've called and spoke to several employees of this shady company and still gotten no where. I've heard all their lame promises about shipping me the free grater and cocoa collection for joining the club and my magazine subscription will begin soon. I sent a check in the amount of $24.00 way back on April 25th, 2007 and haven't received anything. I absolutely don't want anything to do with Cooking Club of America. They're rip off artists.
 15th of Sep, 2007 by   Trish Vowels 0 Votes
When I complained, as a fairly new customer, for not getting the services promised, they cancelled my membership (they said "as I requested"). The $100. coupons is a farce! I am now trying to get back my $24. membership money. I will NEVER join a club like this again. The crafts club is the same, probably the same company!
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   Angela Bruns 0 Votes
I signed up for the membership trial in Jan of '06 and then sent the $24.00 for a one-year membership with the option to cancel at any time. After that one-year and never received any of the gifts, etc that was promised, other than a pad of paper a cheep maganet and a pasta measure, I decided to cancel. I sent them written notification that I wanted to cancel in Jan of '07. This past weekend 9/15/07 I recieved a collection notice from RMCB Collection Agency stating that I owe $301.00. I immediately tried to contact the Cooking Club of America to inquiry and couldn't get any contact information through their site. I then looked them up on Free 411 and found 888-850-8202. When I called the number it sent me through several prompts entering the Pin # and then giving me options to pay or simply stating that I have canceled this membership. I of course selected the option stating that this membership was canceled and the automative system said that it would be noted and that due to the high volume calls that I need to call back tomorrow. What is that all about!!!! It then gave me a customer service e-mail address memberservices@cookingclub.com where I sent an e-mail pertaining to this same issue and demanded immediate response or that I would seek legal advise and report them to the BBB. This Cooking Club of America is a total scam!!!!!!!
 22nd of Sep, 2007 by   Loretta Morris 0 Votes
I have been a member of the cooking Club of America for a while now. For one, all of their contact info has been on everything they have ever sent me. Secondly, I absolutely love the quality of the products. Their cook book series is among my favorites and I refer to it often. I have never once had an issue with this company. They have done exactly what they claimed each and every time. I sent in the reply sheet claiming my cocoa collection and grater and recieved both promptly. I filled out the form online to become a product tester and have received free products. The only thing I was not thrilled with twas the $100 in coupons. You are sent coupons $10 at a time. The coupons are chosen from a list you pick out. I would imagine some home worker stuffs the envelopes with the coupons. However, there are 100s of dollars in coupons in my newspaper every month and I very rarely use more that two or three dollars worth. It is not the main product of the club. It is simply a small added bonus.

Perhaps the difference in satisfaction levels has to do with how well the membership literature was read.
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by   Mabelle Pou 0 Votes
Hi, I signed up with with Cooking Club of America and paid them $24.00 for a two year membership and was suppose to get a grater and a Cocoa Flavors delight. Well to date I have not received anything. They took my money over one month ago. I tried to call but get a recording to call back during business hours and I was calling during business hours. Please have someone respond to my e-mail from your company. Thanks you! Mabelle Pou
 8th of Oct, 2007 by   fiona barnett 0 Votes
I have been a member of Cooking Club of America for almost 4years and have never had any problems with the club. I have received everything as promised. I have purchased items from them that I absolutely love. Whenever I call the 888 number I always speak with a live representative who are always very pleasant and helpful. I got through to the number just this morning.I have nothing but praise for this company and have recommended them to friends and family.

I hope you all get your complaints taken care of though. They are definitely NOT A SCAM! I dont work for them I am just a loyal customer who has had a wonderful experience with them. I am also a life member.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Clifton Deward 0 Votes
Below is a letter I sent to CCOA on October 12, 2007. As yet, I have not received a response. Like all of you, I am throughly outraged as to the way this company operates. It should be shut down for fraud. You may use my letter as a template to craft your own if needed.

This letter is to complain about the way you treat your “Members”. Cooking Club of America has misrepresented itself. This was supposed to be a member’s only club about the passion of cooking. Yet you treat your members as a captive group in which you can send unsolicited items without the prior approval of members, and expect them to either purchase or return the item. This has happened to me several times and I have instructed you in the past not to continue to do this, yet you still send me items that, quite frankly, have nothing to do with the culinary arts, just some overpriced trinket or calendar.
Consistently I have returned these unsolicited items the same day I receive them yet each time I receive a notice three weeks later asking for payment. I am tired of it. According to Maryland law, any unsolicited item received is considered a gift and payment cannot be collected by the sender. It is not the obligation of the receiver to return the item, even if there is a postage paid return label provided. This is to discourage companies from doing the very same thing you are doing.
I expected a much higher level of focus on cooking than trying to sell an array of gadgets, overpriced mixers, skillets, electric pans and steamers. The Cooking Club of America is nothing more than a rouse for selling merchandise than collaboration of their members and their passion for cooking.

There are vast numbers of disappointed members according to postings on the internet. You are well known, but it’s not flattering. Many have experienced no responses from written inquires, e-mails to customer service, receiving notices from collection agencies for lack of payment even though the items had been returned.

I am upset at the way you conduct your business. Even though I am a Life Member, I am requesting to be removed from your membership list. I do not want to receive your magazine, offers, or any unsolicited “try before you buy” offers, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. I will state again that if I receive an unsolicited item, it will be considered a gift. It will not be returned and no payment will be made. You have been served.
 9th of Nov, 2007 by   teri j 0 Votes
You can call 1-888-850-8202 to cancel. If you got the time to wait to talk to someone. Hey I just got through. I sent back everything and told them that I had also cancelled. They said the would cancel today and to disregard any billing from here on out. I hope it really works this time!
 27th of Nov, 2007 by   virginia cox 0 Votes
I have been a member of ccoa for several years. I have always received everything as promised from this company. I have been satisfied with everything but one item. Its amazing to me that some people have had problems. I have never had the kind of problems these people describe.
 6th of Dec, 2007 by   Tammy Goecks 0 Votes
I have never had a problem with the Cooking Club. I am a lifetime member and have been with them since the beginning, have always gotten everything they promised and will always get the magazine for the rest of my life. I have never had any problems that any of you have described. I'm wondering if we're all talking about the same company.
 12th of Dec, 2007 by   James B. Olsen 0 Votes
I couldn't agree more with all the articles here, Is there nothing we can do is this america or what ? who owns this company the oil companys. I am outraged that this kind of thing can continue to operate, where are the people we elect into our government to protect us from vilians like cooking club and handyman clubs of WHAT AMERICA I have now been turned over to colection for there lousy $24.00 guess what you can't get rid of that once you have been turned over it's there to stay. someone needs to hang those bastards from the higest tree. if some politician wants to score some point before the election he or she should be looking for our votes by solving this kind of thing.
 29th of Dec, 2007 by   guylewis 0 Votes
i did not order anything.
do not send bills

guy lewis
 6th of Jan, 2008 by   Sari Mononen 0 Votes
I also did the 24$ two year subscribson with the "company". Everything was fine at first , got the magazines just fine, but then the free gifts arrived. Cheese graider, what a joke, pasta mesure (peace of plastic), I can do that with my own hands, when I need to cook spaghetti. If you get the coco lovers colections, don't drink it. Mine probably was in some wearehouse for years, it was so stale. Now my broblem is that they started to send me a renewal notices allready, when I still have one more year to go.They can have it, I am done. If they sends me the magazines, that's fine by me, I pay for it. Thank GOOD I did not use a creditcard...
 12th of Jan, 2008 by   courtney highfield 0 Votes
This is a HUGE joke.. i dont even remember signing up for this and i got got a bill in the mail toda.. thats not gonnna happen.. and def. Not after reading everyone else's experiences.. and i have been on the hold call thing for 20 minutes trying to cancel.. this is crazy..
 21st of Jan, 2008 by   joann dudgeon 0 Votes
I just went to your website memberserices@cookingclub.com and guess what I found all the sex services you would ever want. I didn't click on because I didn't want to vomit. All I wanted to do was to complete a product test profile as instructed on page 60 of the Dec./Jan. issue of cooking pleasures magazine. Please remove all this filth from your website. THANK YOU!
 7th of Feb, 2008 by   Rose Smith 0 Votes
The Cook book, You Deserve Dessert!,
It has an ingredient called for 1(7oz)jar of marshmallow creme. But it doesn't tell you what to do with it or when and where to use it. This reciepe is a good one, unfortunately it is missing something.
I would like to know more about it.
rose
 21st of Feb, 2008 by   Mary Linn 0 Votes
I'm getting the runaround by you & cooking club.

Why haven't you answered?

I can't seem to get anyone to answer me.

My complant is that rthe password you gave me doesn't work!!! Do I need one ever time I try to log-on??

Disturbed & confused!!?
 24th of Feb, 2008 by   Sigrid 0 Votes
I've been a member for less than 1 year, it cost me $24. I received a cookbook and I was pretty excited about it because it was a very good one, only to read that it would cost me more to have it. I sent it back and was not billed for it. I receive the magazine on time, but the $100 in coupons is frustrating. I get more savings by searching the local newspaper and on line. I did receive coupons once, and it was as promised, $10.00 plus a coupon to make up for the return postage. I submitted in October 2007 again, but have not received my second round of coupons. I have no idea what happened and I don't expect I'll see the coupons either. Other than that the membership is ok but I don't think I will renew it when the time comes. I appreciate seeing all the feedback regarding CCOA.

Jury Duty Scam