logo

Uniblue "Registry Booster"
market/phishing scam
4. (17 mins ago)
Jimmy Buffetts
Awful food and unhappy staff
5. (18 mins ago)
Green Dot MoneyPak
Stolen Money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

convergent, Wixom, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Collection letter past-due PayPal account

convergent Contacts & Informations

PO Box 1022
Wixom, Michigan
Phone: 1-866-291-6364
erspay.com
We received up collections letter stating that we owed $703.81 for a past-due PayPal account. We have not had a PayPal account and over two years and this raised a flag. I called the 1866 number and a lady answered, saying "hello" and I asked her if this is convergent. She said yes that I explained to her. I do not have an account with PayPal. She proceeded to ask me for convergence count #. I gave her the account number. T – 65468680. She then proceeded to ask me for this, so security number and I said "why would I give you my Social Security number when I do not have an account with you" she said then please disregard this letter! This is a identity theft ring trying to get your Social Security number. Please do not provide anyone with your Social Security number unless it is the phone number on the back of your credit card! I submitted a copy of the documents so please read them carefully to see how complex this ring is.

Good luck people

convergent

Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Feb, 2013 by   Usagi Jojo 0 Votes
Thank You for this warning. I went online to the website and it said I owed $540 and in the letter I received it said I only owed $177...I have not used paypal since 2005. And I only used it once to pay for an item on ebay. I'm glad I found this site.
 19th of Nov, 2013 by   alicia9938 0 Votes
This company is a 3rd party debt collection company that buys up old debts that the original creditors have written off. Often times, they do not have the correct information and are outside of the statue of limitations for reporting on your credit report. If it is not on your credit report, DO NOT attempt to settle this debt with convergent unless they can verify information about the original debt but also do not help them. Do not give them former addresses, your ss#, or any other information. If they are in fact able to verify the debt and you really want to pay them, make sure you wait until you get a pay for delete in writing. Do NOT do any of this over the phone, but rather get a paper trail via USPS certified mail or set up an e-mail account just for verifying this debt. Good luck, and let's get the bottom feeders out of business!

How to Save Even if Missed Cash for Appliance Clunkers