logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Diet ultimo
no response to cancel further products
2. (4 mins ago)
TRADELINES TO BOOST CREDIT SCORES
Todd stockton of highlands ranch colorado ripped me off !
3. (15 mins ago)
didnt solve my problem

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Convenience Store, Jacksonville, Florida Complaints & Reviews - President Obama hanging at Shell Gas Station

Convenience Store Contacts & Informations

Convenience Store

Posted: 2012-11-03 by    G. McKenzie

President Obama hanging at Shell Gas Station

Daily's
Bay Meadows Rd
Jacksonville, Florida
There are pictures of President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden being hung from a noose in a Shell Gas station. These pictures are circulating on the Internet, as well as being forwarded through texts on cell phones. These pictures are very offensive, especially to black people. I feel it is very racist, especially with them choosing a noose. I am asking that we will stand together to boycott all Shell Gas Stations, by not spending anymore money with you, as well as marching and protesting, unless this is removed immediately. At the least!!! Remember people... " IF WE DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING, WE'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING"!!!
I am not buying this BS of some people defending this disgraceful act by saying if it was intended to be racist, then they wouldn't have Joe Biden hanging beside him. I say that is just what it sounds like, BS!!! Only a racist person would even try to defend this. After all this nation has been through fighting race, why else would you still defend something like this? Why wouldn't you be as furious as me. Black people were once trained to be physically strong, and mentally weak. Not anymore. Today black people are both mentally and physically, just as strong as anyone else. An "equal", like it or not.
The moral of the story is; Shell organization, are you prepared to be labeled by the immature action of one store owner's personal beliefs. Is it worth it? Just in case you support this, let me say this to you... Money is green, whether it is a black, white, Mexican, Asian, Chinese, or Japanese person is spending it... It is still green. As much as I would prefer to fuel at Shell, it is just not worth me having to hold my head down, as I am giving you my hard earned money.
G. McKenzie

Convenience Store

Comments United States Gas Stations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2012 by   Fatboy40 -4 Votes
Shell Gas Stations are owned and operated by independent owners I myself and my step father are Black Americans that own a Shell Station and we are in no way condoning these actions by this idiot! I'm pretty sure once She'll gets a hold of these guy he will be stripped of his corporate sponsorship! Don't judge all Shell Stations by this idiot!
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   TheszEyz -1 Votes
Well, as an African-American owner of an independent Shell Station, what are you doing to assist in having this removed? Have you reached out to your contacts within the Shell division, or are you just trying to cover for what belongs to you and your family? ThaŠµ's what's wrong with us, as a people, and as strugglers in the world. We get what we want, and then to hell with the struggles of anyone else. I and many like me, will even boycott your store because branding is big business, and when the brand tolerates such foolishness, we don't care if Dr. King owns one, it's boycotted until change comes.
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   TheszEyz -1 Votes
So, FatBoy40, what are you and your family doing to downplay this outrageous acts from one of your colleagues in the ownership business? Have you reached out to your contacts at Shell? No? Why not? Because you don't care, so long as it's not rocking your boat. Well, guess what? It does rock your boat; simply because every Shell station will be boycotted, regardless of who owns it. We are after branding, not the fact that African-American you owns it. If you're so against it, you have as much power as any of us to do something about it, rather than just trying to cover your own interests.
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   njrealist -2 Votes
Hundreds of thousands of other people in NJ have also been without power for the past 5 days. PSE&G has well over a thousand repair personnel working around the clock to restore power.

At least you still have a roof over your head; so many of our fellow NJ residents have lost EVERYTHING and you are whining about it taking more time than you would like to have electricity?

I just had to throw out hundreds of dollars of food too, because like you I haven't had power since Monday.

This was the worst storm to hit our area in modern history and you are bitching about being a little uncomfortable with no electricity? Get some perspective.
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   Mydude +2 Votes
Wow this is poorly written!
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   Gambit-DC 0 Votes
How about you simply boycott the offending Shell Station? Blaming Shell for the actions of an individual is stupid. Now if you can provide a company Email tell them to do it I take it all back.
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   Dtakkar -2 Votes
The only way to get things done by any corporation is to hit them in the pocket. We need to stick together and show Shell that we will not stand for this. Stop the money flow and they will listen. If you own a Shell Gas station you already have a direct line to the executives to be heard. So I am asking you to do and say something to get those idiots to take down that mess. Hopefully that owner will loose his rights to own or operate another gas station in America!
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   Brenda* 0 Votes
Obama should be impeached for the bungle in Benghazi.
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   WHOSYOURDADDYNOW +1 Votes
IT'S PHOTOSHOPPED EVERYONE. THIS ISN'T REAL!!!
 4th of Nov, 2012 by   1 Outlaw -1 Votes
President Obama have done a lot of things that I may not agree with, but nothing any different than than the other 40 some presidents.Blacks was given the right to vote in 1866.The only choice was white presidents. Why are there so many complaints about the one black president in Americas history. Nobody had much to say abt all errors or wrong things the others presidents did. .It is crazy for America to be so racially divided over dumb stuff. I'm no longer a big supporter for Obama, but I don't agree with this kind of treatment to anyone. I want to know what Shell is going to do abt the owner of this store in Florida allowing or insinuating that President Obama should be hung? Shell should pull their franchise. I hope they will at least do that.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   A. Malone 0 Votes
I agree that this particular, independently owned Shell station should be boycotted for this insensitive and clearly angry act. Please keep in mind that Shell stations are independently owned and operated. Please do not penalize all Shell stations for the actions of one, clearly misguided, and ignorant owner.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   Obama Girl -1 Votes
Grow up you ignorant folks! This is 2012! The lynching days are over! God has a plan for all yall ignit folks! Yall straight up trippin'...he's not going anywhere till God says so! God Bless America! :)
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   Brenda* +1 Votes
Good grief, spare the outrage. Hanging political effigies has a long history. Many past presidents have done it also. It has nothing to do with race.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   crystaleek +1 Votes
This clearly had nothing to do with Shell. This was a truck driver's stunt that he was pulling protesting the murders in this country. Please fact check before you react! We lower ourselves to their levels when we just jump off the handle and say whatever comes to our minds based off one picture. It makes you assume...you all know what that means. It is photoshopped as well. Look closer people, man! God bless you all, but please start to think before reacting. We can be intelligent, decent, professional human beings if we really wanted to.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   diva1979 +2 Votes
Please check the facts before you believe what you see. Those images are real, but had nothing to do with the Shell Gas Company, nor was it in Texas. This picture was taken in North Carolina, by someone trying to make a statement, and he happened to be parked outside a Shell gas station. If you look closely enough, you can see that there are other "dolls" hanging as well, President Obama was not the only one. Whatever his reasons, I feel this was uncalled for, and he could have gotten his point across a different way; however, it is election day tomorrow... My question is, "Does this in any way affect your vote?"
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   QUEEN SB -1 Votes
This is really sad that some people are ignorant, prejudice, and just small minded. It is a very racist act, that should be taken as a threat toward our president and vice president. This is the very reason why all americans should exercise their voting rights! PRESIDENT OBAMA IS BLACK AND HE IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE USA!!! GET OVER IT!!! QUEEN "B"
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   having 0 Votes
If anyone should have had a rope around their neck it should have been BUSH!!! But oh I forgot white is right...It was OK for him too lie, cheat, create, a war and kill hundred of soldiers.
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   Brenda* +1 Votes
^ There were effigies of Bush and Cheney hung.
 6th of Nov, 2012 by   John213 -2 Votes
This is the reason why racism will never die. Idiots still using hatred words, dumb ass people who think that a noose doesn't represent racism. If white people suffered as much of a tragedy as any other race has they would understand. But you will never understand the mindset of what it is being black in America. To always hear someone get over the past that was 100 years ago. How can you forget when you still have wounds from your grandparents that haven't healed and is past down from generation to generation. Families who were separated and women who had to take care of white women babies instead of their own or men who were treated next to nothing. White people will never understand, but God does and there is such a thing called KARMA. White racist people reincarnated as black people.. Gotta love it.
 6th of Nov, 2012 by   Brenda* +2 Votes
"But you will never understand the mindset of what it is being black in America. To always hear someone get over the past that was 100 years ago. How can you forget when you still have wounds from your grandparents that haven't healed and is past down from generation to generation. Families who were separated and women who had to take care of white women babies instead of their own or men who were treated next to nothing. White people will never understand" - And neither will you John. It wasn't your experience.

eBooks - Now at the Library!

Latest Groups