logo

Publix Spring Water
Publix Spring Water Smelled & Tasted Bad
3. (7 mins ago)
Clark Shoes
Stitching coming apart on both clogs
4. (14 mins ago)
Unemployment Benefits

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Consumer Direct Warranty, Redding, California Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and cheating

Consumer Direct Warranty Contacts & Informations

Consumer Direct Warranty

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating

Consumer Direct Warranty
Po Box 492727
Redding, California
consumerdirectwarranty.com
I purchased this warranty in good faith it would be there when i needed it. I was assured by the sales rep (Ryan Kamin) it was all inclusive and asked questions regarding transmission and 4 wheel drive specifically. Well, one month later; when my o/d light began to flash (Ford Explorer) I brought it right to transmission shop as the owner's manual specified. After them telling the mechanic to pull tranny and fax report; they denied the claim. Their reason? Parts were 'worn' - as of this writing, they are refusing to send adjuster to look at it and it is in dispute resolution now. I am going to the attorney general and better business bureau... it will not stop here... but BEWARE... DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY!!!
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   Greg Tuttle +1 Votes
What happened as a result? It happened to me. Any recorse or resolution?
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   David Elizondo +1 Votes
Broken gears in transmission @ 60k miles, no loss of oil, no abuse, submit all info & was denied. Reason claim denied: Worn parts in transmission caused the gears to break, not there fault. $3800.00 Repair
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   Cheryl +1 Votes
I agree and am going through a nightmare so similar to yours. I will be submitting a complaint and letter of complaint to the business bureau and Attorney General. This warranty is so quick to take your money and not support you when you need tham.

This is my second claim disapproved by this warranty.

Broken down Soldier in Texas.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   MHW +1 Votes
I signed up for this warranty but pulled out before the 30 day cancellation period was over after reading the policy which had way too many loopholes. Then they send me a notice falsely claiming I had not signed the Cancellation/Refund Policy form and enclosed a blank form. Now the 30 days have past and they're going to make me fight to get my refund. I have a copy of my original SIGNED form however and I have proof from the post office that they received it in time. I'm just fighting for my refund, and when I read those posts on this blog it makes me furious to see what these guys get away with. Let's not let them get away with it. I will take this up with the Attorney general and the BBB.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   MHW +1 Votes
PS (see post above) BTW my wife is an attorney. A very very good one!
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   Miamigold +1 Votes
EXTENDED AUTO WARRANTY SCAMS! & TELEMARKETERS

CONSUMER DIRECT WARRANTY SERVICES
800-209-3755 866-225-9177

CONSUMER ALERT!

BEING AN AUTOMOTIVE GURU AND BEING IN THE INDUSTRY I WILL SAY THAT PLEASE SAVE
YOUR MONEY AND BE SMART.

CONSUMER DIRECT WARRANTY SERVICES
AND THEIR TELEMARKETERS ARE A FRAUD! AND SCAMMERS! THEY ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION BY MANY STATE ATTORNEYS AND STILL CONTINUE TO COMMITT TOTAL MISREPRESENTATION AND “STALLING TECHNIQUES” TO AVOID PAYING CLAIMS AN INDUSTRY STANDARD.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   dexicanmeije +2 Votes
Is there any way out of it? I did this because they told me my car's manufacturer warranty was expired only to come to find out that that's not the case...They are double billing me too. How do you get out of this?
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   SD plus 3 +1 Votes
I am also having the same problem. This is not a real warranty. Your car would have to explode before they would pay for anything. Any problems that you have with your car, the part(s) that is causing the problems has to literally be broken (in pieces) before they will replace it. If the part(s) is only worn, you are on your own. Then you are responsible for paying the repair shop the labor of removing and reinstalling the worn out part. They tell you that you can take your car to any repair shop but the repair shops don't even want to deal with this warranty company. They tell you right off the back that they will not pay! Don't buy it!!!
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   SD plus 3 +1 Votes
I don't know how they got an "A-" rating with the BBB. Something is strange about that.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   dpd4333 +1 Votes
According to the guy at the transmission shop I go to, they get that rating by "joining" the BBB. That involves them paying the BBB. He found out because he is an awesome transmission shop owner and could not understand why his rating was a "C" with absolutely no complaints and being in business for over 15 years. that is when he found out he would have to pay them to raise his rating. They call it "joining" the BBB. It is shady and a scam. I have dealt with the BBB in the past and they are a scam also. They back up their paying companies who are "members" and don't care what happened to you or how the service was.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   jjquick12 +1 Votes
I am about to put in my first claim in the morning.. Any suggestions or tips for me?

The mech said it is some type of "knuckle" or lip inside the engine that is making it knock and run funny. After reading all of your stories I have to admit that I am a little nervous. If you have any helpful suggestions please post them
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   ADiaz +1 Votes
I am also having a problem with them. I canceled my policy before the 30 days (by mail and fax) and followed all directions as posted in there Cancellation/Refund Policy, mailed their product with USPS tracking. They are now saying that they never received the product. They don't want to refund my money back. I have copies of the signed cancellation policy and proof that they have received there product way before 30 days. I'm now fighting my refund and when I read the posts on the blog it also make me so furious to see how people like them are still in business. I'm also taking this up with the BBB.
WHAT! the got an "A" from BBB, that better not be true!!!
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   DASKU +1 Votes
I bought this from AA Auto Protection Warranty.
Consumer Direct Warranty Service, CDWS aka http://renewableautocare.com/contactus.html renewable autocare.
This company is a scam.
My engine got damaged by covered component but they said it's not lubricated component. It is! They don't cover any incidental and consequential damages either. Meaning, if something else got damaged as a result of failed covered part they won't cover it. And the part has to be broken or cracked for them to pay for anything.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   bgy +1 Votes
if you give direct buy yor bank account when you start the contract, you are a loser like me. they took 2 time the amount $3, 879 and i been trying to get my money back for over 3 months, they told me it was a mistake and we will send you the money. i'm about to call the FBI to close them down and send all to prison.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   J101 0 Votes
ANY GOOD EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN CONPANIES OUT THERE ? ANYONE ?
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   MARIETA 0 Votes
I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO FROM DIRECT BUY WARRANTY. I PURCHASED THE INSURANCE FROM THEM. 3 MONTHS LATER I HAD TO TAKE THE CAR TO THE SHOP, AND THEY DROPPED ME WITHOUT EVEN SPEAKING TO ME OR ASKING ME OR TELLING ME THAT THEY WILL NOT COVER ANYTHING FROM THE ESTIMATE. STAY AWAY FROM DIRECT BUY WARRANTY LOCATED IN NEW JERSEY. THEY ARE HORRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   passion3 +1 Votes
I filed a claim for a simple repair after 4 months of having the warranty, its been a month the poor MK still not paid and is calling me everyday... first they said they need a copy of the registration, then they said they want pictures of the car... GOD COULD ONLY HELP U if you have claim ...

the repair is under $500.00 and they are giving me the run around so good luck with anything bigger.
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   Nadine22 0 Votes
My father, a senior citizen, was ripped off by Consumer Direct, with the selling company being Fidelity Automotive Solutions. All the same things as said before. Major rip off. I am going to the local ABC station to expose them. Anyone out there should do the same. The TV gets the word out, if you sue them (which I support as well), the word does not get out as much as it does on ABC.

Please complain to your local ABC news station, they actually get things done.
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   rosa braxton 0 Votes
i to have the same complain they will not fix my car it has been a week now they will not answer the phone an should be open we need expose themrenewableautocare.com. can any one help me with this
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   mark matijak 0 Votes
Add me to the list of customers who think that this is a rip-off company. I too am a little miffed at the BBB. They can not be trusted eather

Tax Hacks: 5 Smart Uses for Your Tax Refund