logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (30 mins ago)
Milleniumgallery.co.uk
Impossible to contact the seller and get any info about order
2. (33 mins ago)
Reliance NetConnect plus
to deactivate the net connection
3. (34 mins ago)

Posted:    Ron

Fraudulent company

ConstructionDeal.com
constructiondeal.com
Just like another contractor in Ranch Cordova, Ca, I was sold one year unlimited job leads by this company. After just 6 months they sent a very deceptive e-mail entitled important account information.' The e-mail outlined a new service they were providing for their contractors. Having prepaid for a year I assumed the company was honest and would honor our contract for one year. I soon realized that I was no longer receiving any leads and to add insult to injury the company had charged my credit card without my authorization for additional services. Assuming it was a simple mistake, I contacted the company and they informed me that they had decided to change their service and since I had not acted within 30 days of their change I was out of luck for any refund.

I have disputed the charge to my credit card, but the fact that they thought they could unilaterally change the service agreement and start charging my credit card is CRIMINAL. I am sure they think that the small dollar amounts that they have cheated me and probably hundreds of other contractors is not enough for anyone to take action, but to me it is the principle of the thing.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE----THEY ARE UNETHICAL AND DECEPTIVE!!!
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Apr, 2009 by   ConstructionDeal.com 0 Votes
From the website, in the Terms of Service that you agreed to, is the following:

"Changes to the Service or Terms

ConstructionDeal.com may from time to time without notice change, add, or remove certain features of our service or change the terms of this Agreement. If you are dissatisfied with any such changes to the service or this Agreement, you may immediately cancel your Account by contacting ConstructionDeal.com (at support@constractiondeal.com)."

By changing our service for contractors, we were able to develop new methods at bringing contractors more jobs and only jobs that they perform in their area. We also eliminated the contractor who signs up for every single job category even though they don't perform those jobs. Also, with the unlimited leads, contractors were reviewing the leads, but because they were unlimited they did not contact the homeowners.

The service is now more focused and aligned to help the contractor and the homeowner. We're sorry you had trouble with the change, but not everyone likes change so it's understandable.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   Hill Engineers 0 Votes
The same thing happened to us (A/E firm in Mass.). We paid for a one year unlimited service with a certain dollar amount per lead we wanted to follow up. They did provide one good lead, but then the next time we went to use the service they said we had to pay up a minimum amount ($200) to be "kept on account." That is they unilaterally changed the terms of the contract. We complained to the BBB. They have agreed to give us a pro-rated refund, but as of this date we have not recevied it. I advise others not to use this service.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   Kathi Ann P. 0 Votes
We used the service to find contractors and was lead to a conman that used the site to perpertrate scams on home owners. When we told the company they were being used for criminal purposes the customer service representative said it was not their problem. We intend to tell the State Attorneys in California. If craigslist has to act when criminal activity is in progress then this site has to. We are also filing complaints with any organization or site that will listen. Oh the contractor is Neil Wolfe of Neil construction in Aurora Ohio that is close to Cleveland. I am also telling people not to use this unethical site.
 19th of Nov, 2009 by   samg11 0 Votes
Hello Everyone, My name is Sam and I manager the member services Department.

---Kathi Ann, we do take all complaints very seriously. You spoke with Chris in regards to the contractor and we suspended Neil Wolfe's account the same day you called. We will not refer contractors that have ripped off any project owner, ever.

---Hill Engineers, the refund was processed 10-30-2009 at 12:58 PM. At the time of your post the refund was already issued. You did not pay for an unlimited service, you paid for a pay per lead service plan. We still offer the pay per lead plan with the exception of pre-deposited funds. Thank you for the compliment on the lead, we have many more and if you give the service a chance I am sure we can make your company money. I would also like to waive your $89.95 yearly fee as a courtesy.

We take our reputation very seriously and we are available to answer any questions at 866-663-4711 or we can be reached by email at support@constructiondeal.com. Kindest Regards, The ConstructionDeal.com Team
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   V'DOE 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. I WAS TOLD NOT TO JOIN AND NOW I SEE WHY. I SIGNED UP AND NEVER RECEIVED ANY LEADS, SO I CONTACTED COUSTOMER SERVICE TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THEY SAID THINGS ARE SLOW; THATS' FUNNY, BECAUSE THE OTHER REFERRAL COMPANIES HAVE JOBS ALMOST EVERY WEEK . I ASKED THEM TO REFUND MY MONEY(SINCE I HAVE NOT USED ANY OF THE FUNDS) THEY SAID WHY DONT' I LEAVE AT LEAST 35.00 ON THE ACCOUNT SO WHEN A LEAD COMES THROUGH I CAN PURCHASE, I WAS A LITTLE SKEPTICAL BUT I SAID YES TO MY REGRET. THEY CAME UP WITH A BOUGUS LEAD AND TRIED TO CHARGE ME . AFTER I CONFRONTED THEM THEY RELUCTANLLY AGREED. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS COMPAY TO ANYONE, I SHOULD HAVE LISTEN TO THE OTHER CONTRACTORS. BAAAAAAAAAD COIMPANY. CHEATERS IN THIS BAD ECONOMY. LIARS.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   allysonj 0 Votes
I received a bogus lead 2 weeks ago for a job in Fontana and since I didn't file a dispute within the 10 day period, I am obligated to pay for the lead. Then 5 days ago I received another lead, this one in Idyllwild. I decided to call Construction Deal to cancel my service and I asked them to drop the $30.00 charge for the Idyllwild lead since I didn't call the client and I wanted to cancel. I was informed that BOTH leads were charged to my credit card and could not be refunded. I do not recommend this service to anyone.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   cdhope4 0 Votes
I think this awful that this happens to us all the time .. I reg with contractor support and its the same kind of company as this one . It is designed to ripp us off... DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
 28th of May, 2011 by   Rnodzo 0 Votes
My complaint wasn't the idea that they have the upper hand to rip us contractors off referral wise but rather they had minimal requirements to become a player. Any fly by night, work out of their stationwagon contractor can bid jobs amongst us lagitimate businessmen. We can't compete against those bids so i say let the small time guys deal with this scam until they run out of money..
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   Jorden S 0 Votes
I am dealing with a similar situation with CONSTRUCTIONDEAL.COM, and I have asked my bank to take care of it. It has been and continues to be a nuisance that I wish I did not engage in and I believe we as consumers will need to be far more diligent in who we do and do not trust in this quickly evolving social media world.

I have a partner who spends close to $8, 000 a month in Google adds with great success.

I had a few url's registered with GoDaddy and they auto renewed without my realizing it. I called GoDaddy and informed them that I did not want them to renew these url’s again. GoDaddy asked if I was using them and offered to refund my money in full for the "mis-understanding". They refunded me my money on the spot no questioned asked and I will definitely do business with them again.

I believe good companies will continue to float to the top based on customer services and personal attention even if we never do really communicate and others will fall short.

I have chosen not to work with this company (CONSTRUCTIONDEAL.COM) and trust they will not attempt to charge my account again.

Best Regards and good luck to all in teh building industry...Jorden S.
 15th of Mar, 2012 by   Dks8865 +1 Votes
I joined constructiondeal.com in Dec 2011. To date I have not gotten a legitimate referal, I paid a $200 deposit with the promise of the first 3 referals to be free of charge. Of the first 7 leads none were even a valid lead, wrong # or wrong name, the customer never even contacted them. I was credited a few, then I was charged another $200, which I spent 4 plus hours on the phone to be refunded $164. After this I wanted to try and get my $236 worth of leads and constructiondeal.com wanted me to deposit $600 for unlimited leads, which I did not do, or fall for the scam. I was getting leads for patio installation and window repair, which I do neither, and they were 4-5 hours for my home base. Their excuse was that I did not have my settings correct, which is a load of crap. I had my settings only for the state of SC and a 100 mile radius. I have not gotten my referals refunded, once again they had excuses. Either disputed it to soon or to late, as of this past week they told me that they would credit me the bad leads but I needed to pay another $200 because my funds were depleted. I am a member of 2 other services and they are producing real and legitimate leads. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CONSTRUCTIONDEAL.COM, they are a fraud.
Anyone that would like to get more info is welcome to email me at coastalcarolina@yahoo.com
Thanks Darren Scott
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   Valdas +1 Votes
This company sucks!!!
We got ripped for our hard earned money. They send us leads that we NEVER COULD GET A CONTACT WITH!!! ALL LEADS WERE FAKE!!!
I was trying to tell them over and over that we were not able to reach the contacts, and they still kept on charging us. After canceling our account we still had $195 in my account but they refused paying it to us.
Construction Deal are only interested in cheating the contractors.
CONTRACTORS STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
 15th of May, 2012 by   Best Rate Painting +1 Votes
This company is a BIG Fraud. Do not do business with them, I submitted money in escrow for them to submit paint leads to me. All of the leads were frauds. They sent me disconnected phone numbers and one lead the woman had alzheimer's. The People called had no idea why I was calling. The company claims that no matter what type of lead they give you it is considered a lead. You must pay for the lead. They claim they will submit you another lead to replace the bad lead but guess what, they send you another bad lead. This goes on and on until you are ripped off of all your money. They use up all your money with fraudulent leads. This company should be ashamed and should not be in business.
 26th of May, 2012 by   John k sc +1 Votes
Wow, glade I looked here as I keep getting emails from this co.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   Firstfinished +1 Votes
Thank you for your posts!
Ill save my money and time.
Sincerely, Mike Imai
Firstfinished Carpenters & Contractors,

22nd of Jun, 2012 by   Platford +1 Votes
I was sold a bunch of lies by Francesca at Constructiondeal.com. I was told there were a bunch of commercial general contracting jobs available for referrals. I was also told that if I was unhappy I could get a refund of my money. I have been calling for a month and they always need a superviser to call me back. Nobody ever calls back. They refuse to issue a refund and keep trying to convince me it will get better. All I want is my money back and to not deal with this any longer.
Kris
Platford Corporation
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   BEMCO +1 Votes
These guys are not legit. I gave my deposit and have not received any real leads from them I even got a lead customers name "John Doe" I could not believe it I called the customer and no one answered I left a msg. and no return call. The thing is they take your cash and when you dispute the lead they give you a lead credit. So I called and told them I wanted to cancel and they told me they would talk to the marketing dept about the quality of the leads. I agreed to stay. My biggest mistake. The next day I got 2 leads and they charged my card another $300.00. I spent 2 hours on the phone but they refused to return the 300 they would only give back 293.00. because the other was a lead credit and they do not refund cash for the leads only credit. THIS COMPANY IS A RIP OFF PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM EVER ALL LEADS ARE BOGUS OUT OF 20 LEADS NONE WHERE ANY GOOD!!!
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   Laura SoCal +1 Votes
This company is a fraud! Their leads are phoney and a waste of money. They send out refferals for work not related to my business and try to blame me for not correctly setting my account preferences. Total nonsense! I have no use for this company and warn you to stay clear of these thieves. it is not worth your hard earn money to give ConstructionDeal your trust in helping you get leads.
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   GibbyJC +1 Votes
Costly mistake dealing with this constructiondeals.com. Put $1000 on account but told them I did not leads "assigned" to my account. First time I tryed to contact a lead I recieved a message that there were no funds in the account. Mind you I had not contacted one lead. After much effort finally found out that after 30 days they automatically activate the auto refferal feature. They stole $1000 and now I am left trying to see if there is any way to get some of my money back. Please Do Not spend your hard earned dollars trying to get lead from consturctiondeals.com. You will get ripped off. Bad company, Bad customer service, Good liars, Good cheats.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by   GibbyJC +1 Votes
UPDATE - Got a call back from Daneillo a customer service rep for constructiondeal.com offering to credit back $261 dollars and put us on $9.99 per month plan that does not automatically turn on the auto refferals. Told him that his is totally unacceptable and that I find their practices deceptive and unscrupulous. I want nothing further to do with this company. If you read the rest of the complaint's on this page you will find theey all have a similar ring to them. If you hve had a similar problem with constructiondeal.com please feel free to contact me.
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   paul alvarez 0 Votes
I have had similar deceptive and unscrupulous practices placed upon me and my family. They are unethical and I believe collectively we should put a permanent stop to them by filing a civil action suit and closing down their site!!! In this economy with many people struggling to make ends meet the world does not need a company that suckers people of their hard earned money.

Lottery Fraud