logo

Sean Bradley Scammer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Comwave Telecom Complaints & Reviews - Fed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service!

Comwave Telecom Contacts & Informations

Comwave Telecom

Posted:    Valerie

Fed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service!

I had this company's VOIP service for three months, and got fed up with the dropped and missed calls and overall lousy service, so I canceled the service.

They wouldn't give me any instructions on where and how to return their telephony modem, then they charged over $250 to my credit card for the modem without my permission. I called their customer service again and they finally gave me a shipping address. I was told if I returned their modem right away they'd reimburse the $250 to my card and also reimburse me for the cost of the shipping - but only if I used "Standard Ground" shipping method, which is not traceable. I was also asked to fax them the Canada Post receipt as proof I shipped the modem, which I did. I shipped the modem to the address Comwave gave me. Now Comwave can't find my modem (they lost it in their warehouse, or maybe gave me the wrong address?) and they are refusing to remove the charge from my card, even though they told me they did get my faxed receipt. I've had to file formal complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the Toronto Star, and my credit card company to try and get the money back that they stole from me. I'm still waiting for my money. By all means, avoid these lying rip-off artists, or you'll be paying for your mistake later, as I'm doing!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jan, 2007 by   Alex 0 Votes
Thanks for the heads up. I will NOT be dealing with this company. I guess they lure you in with the ads that specify telephone service for a year for $ 150in Toronto and then they draw you out with their lack of service, terrible customer service and finally ripping you off when trying to cancel and return their over-priced equipment. Buyer beware.
 28th of Jan, 2007 by   Alex 0 Votes
From power-coder.net which has been deleted but picked up by Google cache. I think this record needs to be kept alive. The accusations are important for people considering Comwave's services.

Avoid Comwave like the plague!

By: Wally Lawless (Wally) 2006.10.04
This is a head's up to anybody who is thinking about signing up with Comwave for their VOIP service. I have been a customer of theirs since June of 2005 (1.5 years) and until recently had been generally satisfied with the service they provided. There were a couple of instances of dropped calls, but nothing terribly bad.

That all changed just over a month ago. During the entire final weekend of August my iPhone refused to make or receive any calls. I was unable to get through to Technical Support on numerous attempts. I would wait on hold for 10+ minutes before the call was dropped.

On August 30th I received an e-mail from the president of Comwave apologizing for a botched upgrade, at the time I thought it was a nice gesture. That was until the problems that were apologized for never actually went away.

I started to hear from friends of mine that they were having difficulties getting through to us, they would call our number and get a busy signal right away. They would sometimes get through on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Under normal circumstances they should have at least been forwarded to my voicemail so that I would know that I had missed some calls, this was not the case. I attempted to contact Technical Support again, I waited on hold twice for more than 20 minutes before my call was dropped.

Shortly after this started I began having intermittent troubles making calls out, when I picked up my phone I would get a busy signal, that doesn’t seem right does it? I was starting to get really angry about the whole situation so I dedicated an entire Tuesday night to trying to get on the phone with somebody at the company. On my first attempt I waited on hold for 22 minutes before getting through to a technician. I explained all my problems and we did some basic troubleshooting to make sure there were no problems with my Internet connection, which there wasn’t. I then reluctantly installed their remote control application so that the technician could look at my settings himself. While he was in control of my computer the phone got disconnected, noticing that he was still moving my mouse around I opened up notepad and informed him that the line had been dropped and gave him two (non-VOIP) phone numbers to call me back on. I never received a call and about 5 minutes later the technician disconnected the remote session. Not one to give up, I called right back, waited on hold for 20+ minutes again, but finally got another technician on the phone. I went through the whole spiel again (apparently my previous technician did not make any notes on my account) and finally the technician gave up and said he would have to elevate a support request to figure out what was going on. Apparently this means that a higher level technician would look into my problem and get back to me within 24 hours.

So much for that. Two days later I had not received a call so I got back on the phone again, this time getting through in a surprisingly quick 5 minutes. When the technician pulled up my account he said there was no record of the elevated support request that I informed him about. Trying to be helpful, he insisted that we go through the entire support process again. Another 10 minutes of him poking around in the iPhone settings and he agreed that there needs to be another elevated support request entered.

I let him do this, and got his name this time, Leonard, as he assured me that it was entered on my account. It’s been a week since that call, my friends still say that they have to call 3+ times to reach me after getting a busy signal. I called back this morning from work mentioning my history to the operator who then informed me that they cannot troubleshoot my problem unless I am at home with access to the iPhone. I tried to explain that these steps had all been tried before but got nowhere, she did however offer to schedule a time for a technician to call me at home so that I wouldn’t have to wait on hold. I agreed to that and we booked the call for between 5:00 and 5:30 EST (I made sure), I also gave them my cell phone number in case they were unable to get through.

The current time is 6:46 EST (just for consistency), and I have still not received the call. I just got off the phone with somebody in Customer Service (since I don’t have any reason to trust the tech support people anymore), who said my only course of action was for him to schedule the next available technician to call me when they get off the phone. After waiting 35 minutes I received a call from a technician, his only recommendation was to do a factory reset on the iPhone and waiting a day or so to see if the problem goes away. Not exactly what I would call helpful…

I am going to be switching to Cogeco ‘s Digital Phone Service tonight, hoping that they can install it soon. My next challenge will be to try to wrestle my $50 deposit from the incompetent hands of the people over at Comwave.

Comments

I don't trust VoIP services right now. I do some tech support for a company that offers VoIP and they have loads of call issues. I think they are still years away before perfecting it. Until that day, I think I'll stick with a regular land line.

Don

Such issues are relative to the type of equipments been used also

Pat

I signed up with Comwave long distance. It's a company full of crap. Their integrity is questionable. I am being invoiced a different rate than agreed with Comwave.

Sri

I will never go to VOIP service with any company after this big headache company "COMWAVE". I never ever recommend "COMWAVE" to any person living on earth. "COMWAVE" service is zero level. Their technology is very poor. No one knows how to solve phone problems. Be careful when you sign agreement with this company "COMWAVE". They are very trick people. They don't provide excellent service. Instead they charge lot of money from your Credit card. They cheat people. I had a conversation with COMWAVE officer and he misunderstood what I said and disconnect my phone line without knowing me. When I call back those bad people to give my connection back instead they extend my service contract by one more year forcibly. That guy instantly charged from my credit card for that year. This is really harassing the customers. Day by day they will loose their customers. I am really unhappy with this. So be careful. COMEWAVE rules and policies are very tricky and very troublesome in future. Do not go for COMWAVE service. It is cheaper but you are wasting your money. Because with COMWAVE phone line it is very difficult for someone to call you. Other party always get "CIRCUIT BUSY" message. If you get "COMWAVE SERVICE" definitely patient will dye. Because you can't reach 911. Once again do not take COMWAVE service. Even if you pay more money get good service like Bell, Rogers, Primus ...etc. They are very respectful companies. Do not go for cheaper service like "COMWWAVE". Even their their sound clarity is also not good. My recommendation is not to go with "COMWAVE". Be careful with "COMWAVE".

Have joined Comwave in July during a promotion they had on St.Clair Salsa festival where they promised a $20 bonus at activation and lowest rates for $1/mnth , The service was NEVER activated, every time I was trying to use it I was getting a message that service was not activated but I WAS CHARGED EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

I called back about the problem and a VERY cocky CSR hung up on me after saying that my service is active, called back and another CSR told me that service was never active because I need to make a $50 deposit !?

I asked how come that nobody told me about this charge and she replied that the note in my account was recent, 5 minutes ago, that my credit check was not good and I have to give them $50.
1. I NEVER authorized a credit check
2. I have good credit
3. They just used this excuse to explain why they steal money from me, not much $1/mth but if could do that I'll go to jail but they can steal no problem.
I asked for cancellation of my account and contacted the Credit Card company but they can't do anything because I preauthorized the charge and suggested to sue them...like I'm going to lose my time like that for 5$.

Instead I'm going to tell everybody about my "great" experience and this way hel my fellow consumer to avoid traps like this.

John

Do not go for COMWAVE. All of COMWAVE advertisements are tricky. There bring a buddy offer is really fool the people. If you have brain or educated think three four times before join with COMWAVE. All the COMWAVE advertisements are marketing tricks to fool the people. Be careful!!! COMWAVE is very cheaper. But there is hole in it. Think about first. Dont go behind there long term marketing strategies or tricks. Once they grip you, you will loose all of your money and you don't get proper service.

You can file a complaint at:

1. Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/welcome.htm

2. Better Business Bureaus
www.bbbmwo.ca

3. Ontario Ministry of Government Services
www.cbs.gov.on.ca/compform/english/complaint.asp

4. www.publiccomplaints.org
 15th of Feb, 2007 by   parag 0 Votes
Comwave sucks... Never trust this company... their CSR is worst in the world. Thanks for giving sites to file complain against them. If someone knows their contact numbers (not listed on their web site) and email IDs or Fax, please send me.
 26th of Jun, 2007 by   Tom Seaver 0 Votes
1) Comwave hardware WILL NOT WORK in the USA on the Verizon network. Comwave tech support is clueless on this ans can not help...

2) Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE return hardware to comwave WITHOUT a written receipt. This is a $250 mistake.
 30th of Oct, 2007 by   Nat 0 Votes
I haven't even got it hooked up yet and there is already a ton of problems.They didn't inform me of payment options.Only two ways to pay apparently.. credit card or automatic debt from a checking account.Funny though when I could access my account info right there for all to see it says send your cheque payable to blah blah blah and make sure your account number is on the cheque.They bill ahead so as I see it , It is basically pay as you go.Or pay ahead.Funny though.. my service isn't even up and running yet and they have already billed my credit card.They told me they are having a glitch in their system and to try again tomorrow.. which is today. What have I done? And because I have no phone I can't call them and there is no on-line support for me.
 13th of Nov, 2007 by   John 0 Votes
I signed up with the long distance service, the quality sucks. I wanted to cancel, but my hundred calls were declined without any explanation. Trust me, not to use the any services provided by Comwave.
 8th of May, 2008 by   Ruth Wang 0 Votes
Do not ever order Comwave iphone service! Quality sucks, lousy service, and they do not do what they said. Comwave is cheating and fooling customers!
 21st of May, 2008 by   JOE 0 Votes
Comwave traps people by 1st giving them free minutes but if you do not like the service, they tells you LOOK at the FINE PRINT you are automatically in for ONE YEAY and U HAVE TO PAY 99 cents per month. OR we will charge on your VISA $240 all together And even after that year is expired they would NOT cancel your account or so called membership! I am a victim of COMWAVE.
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   mehul 0 Votes
I am also using comwave long distance service.
and it is observed that they have some kind of setting in there system so that you will be charged on an average 10 % to 20 % more minutes then the real billing minutes. means if u talk for 20 mins they will charge for @25 mins.

when i discussed with my other friends who are using comwave service and then they started to keep exact tract of there account they also discovered same problem that they are charging 10 to 15% more minutes then the actual talk time.

COMWAVE is a well organised cheating company.

Move away from COMWAVE ASAP because they have ur credit card details and they are no more in your control.

Make your plan to move away from COMWAVE otherwise you will have to pay for that too...
 22nd of Jul, 2008 by   Suresh 0 Votes
I signed two year contract, and I was waiting to the end of the term to get out of the crapy phone. When I called in July they said the contract has been extended to another one year and if you want to cancel I have to pay $200 as fine. I spoke to the manger and she said the same thing. I asked her what is the benefit that you are going to have unhappy customer, and her reply was this is something you have to discuss with the management. But how the hell I can contact those management people? They don't have any e-mail addresses. I f you can't contact through the e-mail the communication is worthless. They know and purposed they are doing it. My advise to the people whoever wants go for Comwave please stay away from Cowave for the god sake.
NO NO NO COMWAVE PLEASE!!!
 10th of Nov, 2008 by   jd hancock 0 Votes
I saw an ad tonight for the Comwave service. Curious, I went to their website only to find I have to provide my SIN and drivers License #s. At first I suspected some sort of phishing scam, but it seems they are just a crappy company! Thankfully I have at least half a brain and looked into this company a little further! Thanks for the heads up folks!
 31st of Jan, 2009 by   susan 0 Votes
comwave's new invention of re-stocking fee will rip you off your security deposit. so just throw away the unit, you will not get any money back anyways. if you ship, you have to pay postage.

contact ybarzakay@comwave.net for more of his cheating ideas.
contact number seems 416-663-9700
fax: 416-736-3151
 31st of Jan, 2009 by   susan +1 Votes
collecting interest of law suit against Comwave
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   teon +1 Votes
comwave is a big scam. All ripped off consumers should come up with a class action lawsuit against comwave.
 31st of May, 2009 by   rashid65 0 Votes
yes all of this is true, they really over charging everybody unless you ask themto put you on billing verification! A good advice for all the true muslims whos belive in allah! 80% of they customer base is muslim comwave owned buy jewish people make sur do not take service from them!!!
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   jack 0 Votes
I also HATE Comwave TRAPPING thing too which should be caught by feds as illegal. Any fine prints should be legally declared in seller's ads. It took me over a year to be FREE of their trap. Even $1/month is a TRAP regardless use or don’t use services. But even after a year, their so called Customer Service refused to take me OFF the $1/month hook saying we cannot do anything BUT an account closing specialist will call you. So It took an extra $1 and he called but tried to convince me to continue paying him $1/month! I told him $1/month may be nothing for me BUT I know if you have 50, 000 customers trapped in that fine print for a YEAR; you guys have a solid INCOME of $50K a year + calling charges if someone makes a call! Then I told him that I am recording his call [which was true] WOW! He finally agreed after 30 minutes of headaches with me..
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   KrullCat 0 Votes

www.comwave.net
ybarzakay@comwave.net
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   netizen 0 Votes
Comwave really sucks.

Mary signed a 2 years long contract just for a cheaper price with Comwave for the Comwave iPhone Voice over IP (VOIP) internet phone. For some reason, she was tired of Comwave and decided to switch to another company. Earlier this year, she phoned up Comwave and knew that her contract would be expired in July. So she just waited for the contract to expire, and expected that her August invoice of the Comwave VOIP internet phone would show the regular price since her contract would have already been expired in July.

She was totally wrong. The invoice of her Comwave VOIP internet phone kept showing the contract price. It seemed that her internet phone contract with Comwave would never expire. So she phoned up Comwave again and only to be told that the Comwave had automatically renewed her contract for another year, WITHOUT her permission NOR any notification email or letter to her, because she did not tell Comwave to terminate her contract in last July. The Comwave's reason : that is the Terms and Conditions of the Contract.

She was also being warned that the early cancellation of her one year unauthorized contract would cost her $200 in total for the 10 unexpired months, i.e. $20 for every unfufilled month of the new unauthorized contract.

After arguing for a long time to no avail, Mary finally gave up :
"OK. But please make a note in my account : do NOT make another unauthorized renewal when this unauthorized contract is expired."

The Comwave's answer :
"No. You have to call us again in next July. It is your responsibility not ours according to the Terms and Conditions."

"I have a hard time to even remember the anniversary date of my marriage. Could you please send me an email or letter to remind me when it is going to be expired ?"
"No. We cannot do that."

"OK then, I am notifying you now : just cancel and stop my account when the contract is expired."
"No. We cannot do that."

"I would like to file a complaint, please give me your contact email address or mailing address for my letter."
"No. We do not provide this kind of information."

For now, Mary has to stuck with the Comwave. She would not be able to switch to another internet VOIP phone company for at least another 10 more months. Mary now only hopes that she will remember to call Comwave in the next anniversary month of her new Comwave's unauthorized contract.

Think again before you sign any contract with Comwave for the Voice over IP (VOIP) internet phone.
 1st of Dec, 2010 by   anonymous5555 0 Votes
Comwave: Convicted Fraud Scam
Product/Service: telephone service
11/29/2010

The owner and founder of Comwave Mr. Abraham "Abe" Benitah was just released from Federal Prison after serving a 2 year sentence for defrauding the public out of more than $3 Million Dollars when he founded Comwave, as reported in the Globe and Mail in 2004

Read full review >
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   protecting +1 Votes
I hope every victim of Comwave, the bigggest scammer, get together to protest. I have written the protesting email to MP. If many people write the protexting email to MP, It may be useful to protect comsumer.

Success University Fraud