logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
cyberz-world.com
Company steals money and provides fake info
2. (8 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-03-26 by    kronstadt2

Billing problems

Comcast
Chicago, Illinois
I will repost what I just posted in Comcast own forum...

I have been a Comcast customer for a number of years. I have always used automatic payment as I find that most convienent. Last Novemeber the bank card number I had been using for the automatic payment had to be changed as someone had made fraudlent charges on that bank card. Once I had the new card I promptly changed all my accounts that were setup with automatic payment - Verizon cell phone service, Amazon.com, Paypal, etc. Including my Comcast automatic payment. All the others were easy to change and I had no problems. I was out of town for most of December and January. I return in mid Janurary to find my service was cut off and I was months past due on my payments. It seems Comcast was trying to bill my old bank card number still. I called, talked with relatively friendly and helpful people, paid off the balance and went online, and entered the new account information again. As of yesterday, March 25th, I was cut off once again. Same problem. This time I was pretty upset. How many times do I have to provide Comcast my correct information before it is correctly updated in their system. And this time I did not speak with anyone who was helpful. Most of my conversations (and my wife's) today were with a Veronica 0608. She insisted she was the highest level superviser I could deal with. All I was requesting was that I pay the overdue amount, and that they drop the late fees and verify they have the correct account information so this doesn't happen again. She refused both requests. I repeatedly explained that I was really frustrated with this situation and was considering canceling my account over it. Still, she refused to be of any assistance. It was like talking to a robot, just repeating the same answers in a mono-tone, hard to understand voice. I finally gave up. My wife called back very upset. Since she is primarly a Spanish speaker and has a hard time communicating some things in English, she asked for a Spanish speaking supervisor. It seems we ended with the same supervisor and the same refusal to assist us. Since my wife and I both work from home, and need our internet connection, we had no choice to pay the fees once again.

I see three major problems with Comcast...

1. On the web, the auotmatic bill payment setup does not allow you to easily view what account is currently in the system and if it is the correct information.
2. According to Veronica 0608 and others we have communicated with a Comcast, the system can take up to 3 MONTHS!!! to update with the new billing information, meaning in the mean time they will keep trying to bill the old account (bank card).
3. The customer service people on the phone can not look at our account information to verify if it is correct or not.

I don't have these problems with any other company I deal with - Verizon, Comed, People's Gas, Amazon, all of them make it much easier to update account information.

I would like Comcast to re-imburse my late fees and straighten out this billing problem so it is not the same story every couple months. I would also like someone to communicate with Veronica 0608 that there is a right and wrong way to handle customers with legimate problems. I recently called Verizon a few times to make changes to my account with them. They were incredible pleasant and even suggested ways to reduce my bill I wasn't even aware of. I was so impressed. And their customer service agents were easy to understand and quite pleasant. I have had better experince with Comcast in this regard in the past as well, but not this time.

Lastly, I have not complained in the past about this but frequently at night I loose my Internat connection. It usualy happens late a night and so I haven't made a big deal about it. But given the problems I am now having with billing, My wife and I are researching other providers and will likely drop our account once we know we can get another service setup.
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Mar, 2011 by   my2weimers 0 Votes
Comcast complaint

One consistent theme of Comcast is that no one ever does what they promise you will be done and no one ever calls back to follow up!!

We decided to get Comcast service for the first time when moving from Kansas to Indiana in November, 2010. My wife has a brother who works for Comcast and our landlord also has family working for Comcast. Therefore, we began this experience with a positive outlook about the company.

We ordered Comcast's Double Play – Phone and Internet service package for $39.99/month. This was ordered online on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at 12:56 p.m. Our confirmation shows Bridgevine Order Number:ap-244761. We have a printed copy of this. Our Order Reference Number was: 427915292 and our Account Number was: 017273130735. Installation was scheduled for Monday, November 22, 2010, between 1-5 p.m. Ticket Number was: CR228438974.

Service was installed on time and worked fine; for exactly one week! The installation man would install only one connection for our whole home. We had a phone and two computers hooked up to it, a desktop and a laptop. On the afternoon of the next Monday, November 29, the laptop started receiving a message that Comcast was having problems connecting with it. Then began a series of trying to seek correction of this Comcast problem, beginning with online assistance and then many phone calls to their tech support. Everyone I spoke with was polite; they just were all lacking any ability to correct the problem. They would tell me they had to send it to more technical staff within Comcast and that they would then contact me. No one would allow me to actually speak with a more technical person and I was never called back by anyone! After almost two weeks of this, I thought the problem might be with my laptop, although the messages from Comcast online always said they were having problems connecting. I wiped the computer memory clean and reloaded everything back onto it. I got the same exact message from Comcast. A friend has AT&T Internet service, so I took my laptop there to see if it would work on AT&T. It worked immediately from first plugging it in! At this point, I decided to switch to AT&T. Even though the same service was more expensive with AT&T, at least it worked. I terminated Comcast service, effective Monday, December 20. Since it was still within the Comcast 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, I was told that I would receive a full refund of the $98.29 I had already paid. This first bill that I'd paid billed me $47.20 for monthly service, instead of the $39.99 that I had ordered!

When AT&T was here to hook up their service, they informed me that Comcast had cut all of the AT&T lines which had been in the house, running service to every room. Comcast uses totally different types of lines, going to a different location, and there was no legal reason for them to cut the AT&T lines. In fact, it was a criminal action!

On Tuesday, December 21, at 10:35 a.m.; I spoke with Sheila at Comcast. She issued a work order, number 002344563, for Comcast to repair the cut AT&T lines; agreeing that the lines should not have been cut! She told me that a Mike 'Estes' (spelling?) at the Anderson Comcast office would be contacting me to get it fixed. His phone number was given as 765-622-2914. He left one voice mail message for me and has not returned any on the messages I have left for him! She told me that I would receive the full refund check within 4 to 6 weeks. This guaranteeing of the refund to be in the mail within 4 to 6 weeks is a habit of Comcast, a delaying tactic that they used with me every month. They can issue bills promptly, but seem unable or unwilling to issue refund checks! At 3:45 p.m. that same day I returned the Comcast modem and power cord to their office at 335 E. 10th Street, Anderson, Indiana.

On Wednesday, January 12, 2011, at 3:53 p.m., after receiving another bill from Comcast, I called them and spoke with Jackie, employee # 6421 in North Carolina. She told me that their records did show that I had returned the modem for which they were billing me and that I should ignore the current bill. The 'final bill' should be received by me 4-6 weeks after December 21, 2010. Then the 'refund check' should be received by me 4 weeks after that. She said they would follow up on the damage claim. No one had contacted me to repair their damage.

I next received another bill from Comcast, showing current account activity through January 14, 2011, adding more money due! It was charging me $70.14 for 'unreturned equipment'!!!. On Friday, January 21, I received a COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT from Comcast, dated January 18, for the full amount of the bill dated January 14. After only 4 days from issuing a bill, they sent the COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT for the amount of $119.29!

On Thursday, January 27, 2011 at 1:54 p.m. I called Comcast and ended up speaking with Dan, employee number 86907 from Fort Wayne. He was nice, polite and assured me he would take care of everything and that I'd receive the refund check in 4 weeks. However, the only thing that actually got changed was to show the return of their modem!

On February 14, Comcast billed me for $49.29 (monthly service charge, including tax)! I had terminated service two months prior and they still owed me the refund of $98.29. But, instead of refunding me, they were still charging me more!!!

On Wednesday February 22, at 4:18 p.m., I called Comcast again and spoke with Clint, employee # 86118 in Indianapolis, and his supervisor Stacia. They reassured me that I would actually get the refund check in 4 weeks, saying they could not expedite it despite its long delay. They also issued a new work order to repair my cut AT&T lines, # 002465355.

On Saturday, February 26, I received another COLLECTION ACTIVITY ALERT for the new amount of $49.29. Now, on Tuesday, March 22, I received a COLLECTION NOTICE from a collection company trying to collect this $49.29 for Comcast!

I still have not received my refund check, many months promised and far past due, while Comcast still tries to collect unjustified charges! Plus, they are ruining my good credit rating!!!

Can anyone help me with this monster?
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   Com User +1 Votes
I agreed. I believe that Comcast is in the business of scam people. We have had many years of bills form Comcast. Every Bill is wrong. Always they advertised a special rate $24.99 for Cable and $19.99 for internet, and attracted us to join, whne the bill came it was $69.99 for cable. In addition, they charged us modem rental fee each month even though we used our own modem. They mail us a modem without our request and we returned the modem to the Comcast shop. But when we canceled the comcast internet, they sent us through collection agency for the $40 modem recovery fee for not returning the modem. This is after they have manually, refunded several months' modem rental fee. Bad experience with Comcast.
 13th of May, 2011 by   Greenshades 0 Votes
I am currently having the same problemyou described. I updated my credit card number and expiration date with comcast, received their confirmation e-mail, and after three months received a disconnection notice! I immediately paid the full amount online and assumming that I had entered my credit card number/exp date incorrectly, I signed up for auto pay again, and received a confirmation e-mail saying all was set. Another 3 months goes by and I get another disconnection notice if not paid in two weeks. I called customer service and they said to wait another billing cycle. This seems never ending - I'm wondering if it will ever work? How can setting up auto pay with a credit card be such a problem - and why does it take 3 months before I get a disconnection notice? I hope comcast gets their act toether or else they will lose yet another customer. Question for gatortracks: Is auto bill pay working yet?
 14th of May, 2011 by   leonardevens 0 Votes
I've been having similar problems.

I had been paying my Comcast bill automatically for over ten years using a debit card.

Then suddenly it stopped working. It has nothing to do with termination dates. According to my bank, some glitch in Comcast's request prevented the payment from going through.

Since I was paying automatically, I didn't pay close attention to the bill until I saw I owed three months worth. I then paid using another credit card and tried to set up direct electronic transfer as the payment method. But that apparently didn't work. Also, I got converted to electronic billing without my knowing it, so I was unaware of any problem until my service was terminated.

I then paid the bill over the phone using a credit card to reestablish service, and I spent three hours on the phone with unresponsive service staff about how to set up automatic payment. I couldn't do it online because the system kept telling me I was already set up for automatic payment but wouldn't allow me to discontinue it, although it wasn't working. I finally got someone in customer service to take me seriously, and she got a supervisor to cancel the existing damaged automatic payment setup. I was then able to set up automatic payment by direct electronic transfer, but I have my doubts about whether it work.

My guess is that at some point in the past several months, Comcast made some changes in their accounting software, and that it has screwed up automatic payment for some customers. They have not come to grips with the problem, so they haven't solved it.

One way to deal with the problem is to have my bank pay the bill automatically. I will do that if my latest attempt has failed. Also, should I ever have the option to switch to another provider, I will do so.

Internet Safety - Protecting Against Identity Theft