logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Branson Extra
Failure to pay hotel bill as promised
2. (10 mins ago)
ATP Financial Group
Bunch of scammers
3. (10 mins ago)
icc cricket council uk promo2013
claim for prize money
4. (10 mins ago)
pepsi company u.k
pepsi company scam my money
5. (10 mins ago)

Posted:    Alister

Terrible service

Comcast
comcast.com
I just disconnected my Comcast service and moved into a residence where service already existed. First of all, Comcast Equipment Recovery has called me 8 times to schedule a time to "pick up" my old equipment. I returned the equipment myself over 2 weeks ago. I have communicated this both to the Equipment Recovery division and to Comcast directly, and I even gave them my receipt number to verify this, and they still continue to call. Secondly, at my new residence, I simply needed a cable card for my Tivo box. I was first told that I could drive to a local office and pick this up. After wasting expensive gas to drive to this location, once I arrived they told me that the card must be installed by a technician. I then scheduled an appointment for this to occur. After waiting around for 6 hours, I was told that the technician did indeed come by and I did not answer the door. They then left a note on my door (which was the wrong address). I was then given another appointment but was told that this equipment may not even be available. I did finally receive a phone call on the appointment day that said they did manage to find the equipment and would be here to install. Two technicians came and installed the equipment but were unable to do so through my internet connection. They could not fix the problem and ended up using the phone line instead. Upon investigation, I discovered that the internet connection was not strong enough in that part of the home. I called Comcast to ask for assistance on this matter. I have an extra modem and wireless router that I could have easily used, but they said I would have to set up another account to be able to use this. So, once again they were not helpful at all. I ended up searching for help on the internet, and I discovered that by moving my modem and router 10 feet closer to my location, I received the signal that I needed. Now, after hours of trying, couldn't Comcast have simply suggested this solution over the phone rather than offer a nasty tone of voice and more service to fix my problem?
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I ordered Comcast Internet in August. They sent a technician to my house on Sept. 4. He identified my cable jack as a phone jack, told me I should run cable then call them back to install and he left. I went and looked at the jack after he left and sure enough it was cable. I scheduled another appointment for Sept. 16. The technician tried to tell me the cable jack was a phone jack and he couldn't do anything. I told him to look closer and he was surprised to find it was a cable jack.

He proceeded with the install until he found out that there was filter on my telephone pole that wouldn't allow me to get internet from the cable company. He told me I would have to trim bushes and trees to allow him to get to the pole. So he left. I trimmed the bushes and trees and called them back to reschedule, only to find out they've canceled my order.

They offered to let me re-order and schedule an appointment for two weeks from today - 6 weeks from the original order date.
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
As a result of the extremely poor service that I have received this past weekend from COMCAST, I have decided to switch my bundle of services for cable, high-speed Internet and telephone to Verizon.

This past Saturday, 20 September 2008, my telephone service was interrupted due to an issue within the COMCAST infrastructure. This unfortunately is the third bad experience that I’ve had with regard to my telephone service within the first year. This morning, 21 September 2008, I again had no telephone service, High Speed Internet or digital cable service. I called customer service before 9 AM and was told by Eric x7955 that it was too late to dispatch a service technician. In my opinion, this appears to be a reoccurrence of the prior day’s issue and should have been treated as a priority.

I was offered by Eric inconvenient times for service during the week so I requested to speak with a supervisor. I was informed by Eric that Joe (x7248), the supervisor, was unable to help me. When I again requested to speak with a supervisor, I was told there was nothing that could be done. Bottom line is that as a customer, I was prohibited from elevating my concerns. I requested that Eric provide Joe my telephone number. I have not heard back from either Joe or Eric.

I have never been treated so poorly and with such little respect as I have this past weekend. Their customer service is non-responsive and irresponsible. COMCAST as a company has failed me and they have driven away a very long term customer.
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   Nelson 0 Votes
In Southwest Florida Comcast took over service from Time Warner (Roadrunner). IMMEDIATELY, the quality of service went from 99.9% to SUCKS! Some customers lost service as long as 2 plus weeks. Comcast, in it's infinite wisdom, stopped answering their tech support line.

While this is old history, the quality of service has not improved very much. It's rare a week goes by without losing service anywhere from 2-3 minutes to 30 plus minutes).

Suggestions? None. All of the current ISP's in SW Florida seem to have pathetic track records.

Solution!! Pass a law that says you get a one day credit every time they have an outage over 1 minute long.

It's been my experience that the best way to deal with poor companies such as Comcast is to take money out of their pockets. For a change, let's put it back into the hands of the wronged party.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   krispix318 0 Votes
They're all idiots and I hate that they have a monopoly in my area. Sorry you had such a bad experience but find solace in the fact that you're certainly not alone!
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   Scooby 0 Votes
First I had to endure many tech visits to resolve my TV cable reception. Had to call 15+ times.. meanwhile they continue to jack up my rates.. citing promotional period ending... ridiculous... its a bait and switch method continously. Instead of helping me with the current rate hike, she tries to sell me a phone package! A higher costing package that I dont need. The customer service reps dont understand Michigan is in hard times.. and several of us dont have jobs right now. They just don't care as Comcast rakes in the dough. Today, one offered me a $20 discount, after they jacked up my rates by $28, but wouldnt implment the discount till next month. My monthly billing period renewal doesnt even start for three more days, but she wouldnt implement it for a month! Very inconsiderate... So for anyone considering Comcast.. RUN RUN to any other service provider... You will be sorry... You will waste your time trying to get a supervisor or someone to listen to you.. they will act like they want to help.. but it will take months to get your issues solved. Meanwhile.. they will gladly take your money... they don't care... at all. I changed to a basic package and am currently researching other companies. And then I will terminate my Comcast nightmare once and for all.

Scam Artists Preying On Trusting Elderly