logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Universal Trading Strategies
Don’t buy software from them
2. (14 mins ago)
HBM Health Beauty
Seller charges me for $69.99 per month
3. (34 mins ago)
C.M. Haryana/Haryana public health enginerring dept.Panchkula
harrasment for RENEWAL of enlistment of society.
4. (36 mins ago)
scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ColumbiaHouse.com Complaints & Reviews - Own them money for something I never signed up!

ColumbiaHouse.com Contacts & Informations

ColumbiaHouse.com

Posted:    margaret scroggins

Own them money for something I never signed up!

I got a bill stating that I own them $43.88. I never sign up for their service. I wrote them a letter and mailed dvd back. Their is know one that can talk with me on or bye phone. All they say is I must write letter and I did, they are still saying I owe them money. I NEVER SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of May, 2007 by   howard hoffman 0 Votes
I sent casino royal back. I did not want it. I will pay for the departed and pursuit of happiness. I'm also ordering the 4400 third season. After I've paid for these movies, I want to close my account.
 18th of May, 2007 by   shellian thompson 0 Votes
They sent us these e-mail that the product is free, but all you have to do is pay for shipping and handling. Then you received a bill later that you have two more dvd remain and you are a member, and I have a bill for $52.50. I had problem like this in the past with them, so I would never think of becoming a member. They are a rip off.
 18th of May, 2007 by   eileen aragon 0 Votes
Re: ColumbiaHouse.com

I received an urgent message in the US postal mail stating that I had an outstanding past due bill of $54.88, for purchase I have never received, I do agree that when I purchased the internet, I was on a web-site that I did fill out several surveys, and did not by any means expect to order any of the items in question. Why in the world would I pay for something i never ever received, I tried to call your 1-800 # and was unable to speak to anyone. All i received was automated service. This I will take it further, again I am not going to pay for merchandise i have never received.

Eileen Aragon eileenhen@msn.com
 29th of May, 2007 by   Shelby J Orten 0 Votes
Just like these other folks I was sent a video I did not join this club and they sent me a letter saying I owed them53.04 and I refuse to pay for something I did not order,the letter stated they had received my cancellation notice via e-mail and that I owed the the money. If i continue to hear from them I will turn it over to the better business bureau.

It is time folks started standing up and close down these places that try to rip off the people. The video I received was r-rated and I refuse to have that garbage in my home. Thank you for letting me state my view.

Shelby J Orten.
 30th of May, 2007 by   THOMAS FOLEY 0 Votes
Columbia house is charging me 100.70 for dvds i have not yet received.
 3rd of Jun, 2007 by   WILLIAM R. HEMKE 0 Votes
I received a movie i did not order .it may have been a movie of the week, but was in and out of hospitalin a 3 week period , but don't remember seeing it or ordering it. What do i do for return. Not opened.

William Hemke
 14th of Sep, 2007 by   margaret jones 0 Votes
i would like to drop my membership as soon as possible! member #50404805074 thank you margaret jones.
 19th of Sep, 2007 by   Mike Norton 0 Votes
About two weeks ago I cancelled my membership 50469757616.
I continue to receive product that I didn't order and don't want. The order form says you will ship and bill unless I return the order form. Please cancel my account and do not send anyore product.
PS I am not sure this is just being registered as a comment or will be directed to someone who will take action. In any case I am not returning any form and will not pay for anything you send
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   jeff sayers 0 Votes
I want to close my account with this company. I am tired of wasting stamps & $ to return your order cards.
 1st of Oct, 2007 by   Mrs. Lois M. Scannell 0 Votes
I will no longer order videos from your company again. I had trouble with you people in the past about sending me videos that I did not order and end up paying money out of my pocket to send it back to you. I was under the impression that you had me listed not to send movies unless I requested them. I do not want Directors Selection. I want to cancel my subscription and I am sending back the video that I did not order. You people are complete rip-offs.

I will continue to buy my videos from Wal-Mart.

Lois Scannell
81 Cross St.
Methuen, Mass. 01844
 10th of Oct, 2007 by   PAULETTE BUSGITH 0 Votes
I REVISER A LETTER SAYING OWNING THEM $111.90 WHICH I DID'NT REVISER NOTHING FROM THEM. I TRY CALLING THEM BUT THERE WAS NO PHONE NUMBER SO I COULD TALK TO SO ONE THEY ALSO SAY THEY GONNA SEND ME TO COLLECTION AGENCY.
 3rd of Nov, 2007 by   Rodney Spencer 0 Votes
Please cancell my membership as of now 11/3/07. Acc no. 50516148637 Do not send any more DVD's They will be returned to you at your expense.
 6th of Nov, 2007 by   Mary E Carter 0 Votes
I been trying for some time since 2006 " Are we there yet" that was change to the NewHoneymooners 06 version (Called (8)262 2100 Now I am missing King Kong that I sent the / and of $22, Deal (the BEST EVER and SAVES me alot) I called several times receiving an BUZZ acknowledgment cellular/ and (outside phone ) Public Phone I been having problem with my POBox 1056 of Identity their of CLCrowe and Prisisllia Andre that I contacted the IRS and Rantoul Police In both cases received complaint number In spite of doing this they continue with other avenue(s) that I called about some dealing funds obtain Illegally There was other in which they gotten hold unknown reasons to an open Resident postal box in Andre's Name / Carter Written Return to sender #504667677808 Misiing (Too Juvinle/ Kin Refused) # # 288616 #817217 TRANSFORMERS / later order straying fund wise now **MEC.
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   irwinmann 0 Votes
i get abill for 123.37 of which i never ordered these.
sent everyone of these back.
these people are a pain in the butt.
 11th of Dec, 2007 by   Mavis Norman 0 Votes
I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANY DVD AND I RECEIVED ONE TODAY IN THE MAIL I DO NOT INTEND TO PAY FOR IT AS I DID NOT AGREE TO PURCHASES ANY DVD NOR WANT TO. I AM VERY UPSET WITH THIS. YOU MAY DO WHAT YOU WANT BUT I AM NOT RETUNING IT AND PAYING TO DO SO AS I SAID I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY DVDS THEIR HAS TO BE SOME MISTAKE ON YUR PART.
SINCERELY MRS. NORMAN.
 27th of Dec, 2007 by   Frank Jainlett 0 Votes
I jsut Need for you people to stop sending Me them Threatning Letters. Or I will have No Choice but to give this matter to My Company Legle Department. Yes I am the Owner of Dee Son's Plumbing and I do not Make Threats. Your actions will bring on My REACTION. Try Me.
 2nd of Jan, 2008 by   Charlie Hall 0 Votes
I am upset with the Service Alert sent. My wife had written the check for $5.00 but was put in the hospital before it got mailed.
Since then she sent the $5.00 ck #3587 and also check #3641 ($3.00). She tried to clear up this mess when she got home. She called you company and was told that she would be able to get DVD numbers from the catalogue sent when I was enrolled on line. We never have received the catalogue or anything else recording enrollent. She told them in the office that she was sending the $5.00 anyway. Then she sent in the $3.00.
Now you sent a Service Alert and said that you are reporting to the consumer reporting agency. I don't feel that it's out fault and don't feel that the 7 years on my record is fair. With it is another $3.00 late charge.
We are holding off the last $3.00 until you get this mess cleaned up and send us a note telling us what you have done about it.
We had Columbia House records for many years and never had any trouble.
 4th of Jan, 2008 by   jason smith 0 Votes
I would like you to take me off the directors selection please.
 7th of Jan, 2008 by   gail ann rugenstein 0 Votes
I did not order this dvd and want to talk to a customer service person ASAP!!!
 14th of Jan, 2008 by   Deanna Crockett 0 Votes
I was sent a introductory package for review. After reviewing the info. I returned the whole package with my intention NOT to join. Since that time I have received mailings to order DVD's {I did not order} , and I have received repeated billings for the RETURNED package. I would like this straightened out ASAP, before I contact Consumer Protection. I also plan to resign from BMG Music.

Deanna Crocket