logo

BES & Commercial Energy
Mis-sold energy contract & prices
3. (22 mins ago)
ABS-CBN
primetime niyo ang boys over flowers
4. (33 mins ago)
Poor services

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Columbia House DVD Club, Terre Haute, Indiana Complaints & Reviews - Legal Racket? Consumer BEWARE of their fraudulent business practices!

Columbia House DVD Club Contacts & Informations

Columbia House DVD Club

Posted:    Julia Angel-Phillips

Legal Racket? Consumer BEWARE of their fraudulent business practices!

Columbia House DVD Club
1400 N. Fruitridge Ave.
Terre Haute, Indiana
Phone: 212-596-2000
columbiahouse.com
The worst experience ever! I am struggling to comprehend why this company is still in business. Their business practices are border-line fraudulent. Please, BEWARE. Don't purchase anything from this company, DO NOT give them your credit card info if you want to avoid long battles to refund unauthorized charges!
I've recently received their demand to pay them $75 of Due on Contract charge, since I failed to purchase 3 more DVDs. I don't even understand how the 2 years contract with 4 DVD's obligation became a year contract... Well, they sent a leaflet along with their threatening collection letter.This leaflet listed all the crappy movies in the world I could buy for their exorbitant prices in order to fulfill my so-called obligations. I wasn't going to purchase any of this crappy titles forced on me so I tried to get an access to my account on their site to peruse their full selection, when to my surprise I've discovered that they de-activated my account. Meaning I didn't have an access to the full selection on-line. The only titles available were the half-a-dollar movies qualifying for their membership. I immediately called the customer service number on the letter 1-800-262-2001 -- what a run-around. You can never reach a live person -- I pushed every option available to try to get a live person on the other end of the line. So after spending more than an hour on the phone I tried to contact their web-site. What a joke! I'v lost a count of e-mails I sent to their Customer Service. I've got an impression that I bunch of parrots was hammering away on the keyboard buttons or they simply have an E-mail robot, which selects the answer by identifying some key words. All my explanations were rebuffed by the demand to pay the money first and then they would send me the CERTIFICATES for the DVD' purchase. Listen to this irony! I don't have an access to their selection because they canceled my account. They force me to choose the titles that I don't want and don't need and then they offer certificates that I can't use since I don't have an access to the full selection without an account. Is this legal? Can somebody help me with an advise? I am going to file a complaint with FTC and Attorney General of Indiana and my State. I've sent a letter to Columbia House DVD Club headquarters regarding this situation. NO reply! Class action, anyone? I am in!
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Mar, 2009 by   1808864 0 Votes
If you call 1-800-262-2001. All you need to do is press the number 5 and you can get to a live person. Everytime I've called it worked. But even if you try to file a suit against them, they are protected because they list every single little detail about the membership in the terms & conditions when you first join up-which i'm sure no one reads. If they made a mistake, its easier if you just call them and nicely talk to them and work it out.

Tips How to Save Money on Gasoline