logo
search

ColonMate.com, Alameda, California Complaints & Reviews - Credit card charge & no refund!

ColonMate.com Contacts & Informations

ColonMate.com

Posted:

Credit card charge & no refund!

320 Grand St. Apt. 113
Alameda, California
Phone: 510 872-9214
www.colonmate.com
I too ordered the trial colonmate product. I was then charged $78.98 for it and have not received anything. I asked for a refund through email... no response. I then called and spoke with someone who told me that my subscription had been canceled and to email the department for reimbursement. I did this and still, no response. This has caused my bank account to be overdrawn and charged overdraft fees. I do not know what to do. I need my money back. With all of the complaints on this site, I believe that the prosecution process should get under way. This is completely unfair and this company is taking advantage of people and their credit. It is a scam and I want to see a refund for myself and all the other victims and also see that this company is put out of business!!! WHO'S WITH ME???
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More ColonMate.com complaints
ColonMate.com - Unauthorized taking of money!

Comments

8th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

ColonMate.com - No refund!
Colonmate
3600 Ocean Veiw #2
Phone: 8664407533
www.colonmate.com

Tried sample 4.99 good deal then but after 14 days send you more product for 79.00 and charge your bank account and won't let you return product for refund. RIP OFF!
 15th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
This is a rip off and some one got to prosecute the seller. while the first order was fo less than five dollars, the salesman charged me on my ctedit card ove $77.00!!! Please do something to srop this crook. will grt my atterney to handle this crook.
 17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
same thing happened to me!!!!
 17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
i sent my product back and to this day 1-17-08 have not received any comment or a signed confirmation which i spent extra money to have delivered.
 18th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Two months ago, I watched with amusement a TV program on channel 4 (in MS) describing the first advantages of this product. I decided to try it realizing that the charge was only $5.00. Afer the first shipment, I received another one 8 days later with an additional $79.oo without being consulted for it. The salesman informed me that this was rheir policy and you go to hell!! This company got to be stopped and I expect a refund.
 21st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
There seems to be 2 seperate links to this site containing two sets of complaints regarding the Colonmate scam. I've gathered all that I can find here so that they may be viewed together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 2008-01-08 by Rene Gonzalez
No refund!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 days ago by Mel Ahmed
This is a rip off and some one got to prosecute the seller. while the first order was for less than five dollars, the salesman charged me on my credit card ove $77.00!!! Please do something to stop this crook. will get my atterney to handle this crook.
4 days ago by Mary Pillen

3 days ago by Mel Ahmed

Posted: 2008-01-15 by Shirley A. Walker
charged $78.00 for product not ordered

I ordered only the free trial and now my Credit card has been charged $78.00 for a product that I did not ask for on a regular basis. I didn't even have a chance to try product because I needed to check with the Doctor because I take meds.
Please I need help with this I can not afford to pay out $78.00 for something I may not use.
Shirley Walker

4 days ago by Leeta Tiwarie [send email]
I was charged 78.00 but did not order or received any product. please credit my credit card for 78.00 originally I ordered the free trial and was require to pay about 5.00 s/h and that was fine but then I saw a charge on my credit card for $78.00. My doctor do not want me using this product. Please credit my credit card.

1 days ago by Tom C [send email]
I too, ordered Colonmate. I thought the 5.99 for the free trial was a good deal. However, beware that they will charge your card for the $79.00 or so after 14 days without your knowledge. They really don't tell or show you this when you order. You are automatically signed up for these deliveries whether or not you want them. I called by phone to cancel. They told me that they will cancel any "futher" shipments. But the $79.00 charge you can only dispute by E mail. I am still waiting to see I get the $79.00 credit. They seem like a "fly-by-night" operation, probably run out of someones house. BUYER BEWARE!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, this last one was posted by me on 1/21/08. It includes the email response to my complaint by Colonmate:

Gerald J Reynolds
I got suckered on this deal, too. The fact that you're being signed up for the "$79 A Month Club" shows up only in the Terms And Conditions, which appears on the very bottom of the web page. The Terms And Conditions portion of internet sales sites are ordinarily reserved for "legalize" that is required for some transactions. If Colonmate actually wanted you to know what you were signing up for, they would display this information in plain sight. I've been doing business on the internet for 10 years, and I fell for it like a tall tree. I sent them a complaint via their "consumer support" link. This is what they sent me......

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Gerald,

You received a charge of $78.98 because you did not cancel your account within the allowed 14 day trial period, as stated in our terms and conditions that you are required to read before purchasing. As stated in the terms and conditions, you have 14 days from your trial order to cancel or you will be shipped (2) more bottles for the price of $78.98. This is a continuity program for customers who like the product. Any customer who cancels within that 14 day period is removed from the continuity auto-shipment program and does not receive any further charges or bottles. Here is a direct link to our order page which contains the terms and conditions on the page above the Order button ( https://www.colonmate.com/order.php). Please be advised that your order would not have been processed unless you agreed and accepted the terms and conditions.

You were cancelled so you will not receive any more products and will not incur any further charges from us.

Since you did not cancel your trial membership within the 14 day allowed time period, what I can do for you is to let you keep the (2) extra bottles and give you a refund of $34.99, which would be half of the total you were charged, minus shipping charges since we can not refund those.

------------------------------------------------------
As you can see, they GRACIOUSLY agreed to refund $34.99 of the $79.98 that they charged my credit card. That was on Friday 1/19/08. I will check my credit card daily to see if they follow through. Obviously, none of us cancelled within 14 days because none of us were aware that we had signed up (or rather, colonmate had signed us up..) to receive further shipments.
Does anyone know of an appropriate consumer ripoff/fraud outfit that might pursue these people? I doubt if they will change their ways until threatened with legal action.
 6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.colonmate.com

Agreement was i get to try product for 14 days, i ordered product on january 17 received it january 28 didn't even have 14 days to try it. They charged my credit card on feb 1, they say it is 14 days from order date so why did they state 14 days trial.
 7th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
The same exact thing happened to me and I want my money back immediately. This is fraud.
 10th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Yep, it happened to me too. I first ordered the 15day trial on 1/20/08 and agreed to pay the $5.99. I received the following confirmation email:

Dear Audrey,

Thank you for signing up for the free trial offer. We hope you enjoy and benefit from this product and continue to purchase from us in the future. As you know this trial bottle is free of charge and will be shipped to you via USPS from the Iwin Labs headquarters in Southern California. Expect to receive your shipment in the next 3-5 business days. If you have any questions regarding this order please contact our customer support department by replying to this email.

Your credit card has been charged $4.99 for shipping for your trial bottle. You purchased insurance for $1.00 for your trial bottle. If you puchased shipping insurance or additional products they will appear together as a separate charge on your credit.

You were charged a total of $5.99 for your order.

Products will be shipped to:
Audrey Worden
207 Auburn St
Fond du Lac, WISCONSIN 54935

Please visit the following link https://www.colonmate.com/health_kit.html for your exclusive online colon health kit!

Customer Support Team

Ok that's all good but neither the email or the link sent in the email mentions anything about "signing up" or "joining" any kind of "membership" for which I would be charged.

Then I was charged the $78.98 which came as a HUGE surprise. I used my bank card to this came right out of my checking account. I really don't have money to just be giving away. So the $78.98 charge showed up on my checking account on 2/5/08 as "Pending". I called the toll free # and some guy that answered and claimed to be the "Manager" told me I needed to contact the billing department. I asked to be transfered and was told that there are no phones in the billing department and that I would have to email them. WHAT???!!! At this point I knew that I would never see my money. So I emailed them and I received this email:

Hi Audrey,

Customer Support

And I also received this email:

Audrey,

You were charged on 02/04/08 and your membership was cancelled on 02/05/08, which is why you were charged.

Customer Support

I asked if this is the case will I be receiving the product for which I was charged $78.98 and I received this email:

Audrey,

The product that you were charged for was shipped out to you on the day that you were charged. You will be receiving it within the next few days if you have not received it already.

Customer Support

So yesterday I received the product which I do not want and I emailed them and asked what their return policy is. As of now I haven't heard back from them . After reading other postings I wonder if I'll get a refund at all. DID ANYONE ELSE GET THEIR MONEY BACK???
 12th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

3600 ocean view #2
www.Colonmate.com

Tried sample found out the co. sent more without authorization. Unauthorized use of credit card. Now having hard time returning product for refund.
 12th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have had it with these false companies, I tried the dam product, at a request of a physician. This company charged my bank account and now will not refund my money.
DO SOMETHING !
 22nd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, BILLED FOR PRODUCT I DONT WANT THOUGHT THE THE FREE SAMPLE WAS USELESS DIDNT EVEN TAKE HALF OF IT AND NOW I CANT EVEN GET A RESPONSE TO MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND! RIPOFF!!!
 27th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered colonmate on a trial basis only and felt their product did not work. With out my permission they sent another order and charged my credit card.on or about the 21st of jan.2008 i sent their product back via u.p.s and still have not received my refund of $78.00.all i want is my refund, if i do not recieve it in a fair amount of time i will be forced to seek legal alturnatives.after reading all the complaints i'm sorry i even did business with this company. Sinserly roger heaton.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

108 n. ardmore ave
Villa Park
Illinois
Phone: 630-688-5839
www.colonmate.com

We had a free trial for this product. Now they have used our account to order this product. We did not place this order.

Karen Allison.
 12th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered the FREE colonmate. It made me very sick I missed work for three days. They sent me two more bottles and charged my account for for over $78.00. I have tried to call and all I get is a recording and music. Can you help me get my money back, we are on a fixed income. thanks so much. Melba
 13th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered the trial offer but he company sent more of the product charging it to my credit card.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

ColonMate.com - I only asked for the trial offer, you charged me $78.00 for a supply I did not ask for!
3600 Ocean View #2
Phone: 866-440-7533
Colonmate.com

I ordered a 14 day trial and they sent me another order for $78.00, that I did not agree to and charged it to my credit csrd.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

www.Colonmate.com

Recently I have been charged twice by colonmate and i do not use their product nor do i care to use the product and i have yet to get my $158 back.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too, ordered the free trail period, and then not completed the trail period, I received an unauthorize shipment charged to my credit card for $78.98. I did not order this and should not have to pay for it. I have requested A number to return it, but they say I must pay for it. This is a scam and should be stopped by the proper law enforcement. I ordered my trail order and it said nothing about having to cancel during the trail period. I will continue to fight this.

Jon Rogers.
 18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

3600Ocean View #2
Phone: 1-866-449-7533
www.colonmate.com

Ordered free trial. Called to cancel any further shipments. Was told to email them @support@colonmate.com which I did and never heard back. Following month they charge my visa with 78.98 and a box shows up. I refused the box and called and emailed them to credit my charge. To date no credit, now they answer my emails saying I did not cancel within the 14 days which i did. SCAM My visa is now in dispute on my behalf.

Tips How to Buy a New Car