logo

Colon Xr

Posted:

Scam..RipOff

GIC?? Best Cleanse??
Like a fool I ordered the Colon XR free trial offer for $5.95 s/h from the weather site on AOL and because of the recommendation of Ophra thought it was kosher. I tried to call the number 888 820 2656 to cancel and kept getting a recording saying that all reps were busy and to call back. I did call another number for Total Cleanse and cancelled but lady would not give me a confirmation number and said it would be e-mailed to me in 24/48 hours but never came. It has been 13 days since I ordered and no product yet but my credit card was charged on the 5th of Dec. I cancelled my credit card and have been trying to call the number again with no results. I clicked on the Terms and Conditions link and got an error message. Tried the live chat and only got an e-mail with more links that don't work. This is a Scam to get your money and Ophra should be sued for letting them use her name.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Colon Xr - sent the wrong product
Phone: 859 792 4731

did not receive the colon xr i got green tee and a bottle of i dont know what? please call me to make sure thas what i suppose to have got.
 15th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Got thru to Colon XR the companies name is Global Net Pharmacy. The customer service dept is in the Phillippines. To return items for a refund, can be sent to 127 N.W. 13th St. Suite #4, Boca Raton, FL 33432. She stated that there will be a 30% restocking fee and that someone from that department will call me back. I canceled my subscription, but I do think this company is unethical.
 15th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
This is similar to my situation. I would suggest that you do not order this product unless you are absolutely sure you want it and are willing to pay $80 because that is what you are charged for the "free bottle" and "risk free trial". I was also not able to view the terms and conditions because the page had an error or was blocked. I will be contacting the BBB and filing a complaint against ColonXR and the nutrition company that I have been told is the parent company/distributor. I was not successful in working the customer service and found that it was all completely unreasonable. DON'T TRY THIS PRODUCT!!!
 17th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Colon Xr - unauthorized charges
ssl nutrition
Gastonia
North Carolina

unauthorized charge to my account would not give me a refund even though I had called to cancel the order. The customer service people were totally uncooperative stating they had never talked to me but I have phone records proving I called them within one week of receiving the product.
This is the last time I order anything on the internet.
 19th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Ordered free trial of Colon rX. Subsequently charged $76 for my 'free trial'. Unable to contact via web address provided in my trial order receipt but did get through by phone. I was disconnected just at 2 minutes about 15 times. I finally reached a 'live' person who couldn't hear me, nor could they locate any record of my order and insisted I had called the wrong number and/or company. This company is a scam. BEWARE!!! The real trick is how to stop them from continuing to charge your credit card.
 30th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
They tell you free trial offer then slam you with a $78.84 bill on the credit card, buyer beware there is no refund !!Don't try it, it doesn't work and it costs you alot of money !!!
 30th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Do not order this product...please.

This is just ONE of a few companies online now who offer 14 day free trials for their products. The part they don't make clear is that if you do not CANCEL in that 14 days, you are going to get charged anywhere between $30 and $80 for their product. (Usually for the trial product you rec'd) There is a negative option associated with these products - meaning - if you don't cancel, you agree to the terms.

The hitch comes in when you DO try to cancel. They are impossible (or nearly impossible) to get hold of by phone or internet. You are going to get charged whether you want the product or not.

There are many complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. Most of these companies have hundreds of complaints and get an "F". If you aren't ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that you want these products forever, don't order.

If you are like me, however, and got involved with one or more of these companies before it was known they were fraudulent, the thing you must do IMMEDIATELY is call your credit card company or bank (if you used your ATM credit card) and cancel your old card and reissue a new one under a new #. Otherwise you are going to get stuck with future charges. If you have current charges, fraudulent ones on your current card, make a dispute. You will usually get refunded. There is enough information on the web now to prove that you are not the only one having this problem. The companies rarely respond to the disputes and in not doing so, you usually get refunded.

Good luck everybody. I'm anticipating a refund of $79.63 in 10 days.

Deb
 16th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Colon Xr - Illegal money extraction from our account
SFL Nutrition, LLC

Specific instructions to cancel any further debits/shipments and return of original product to no avail. $78.84 has been deducted from our account and telephone calls are unanswered. Our money is tight and the debit to our account created havoc in our budget. We are concerned this debiting will continue every month as this company responds to ZERO complaints.
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Colon Xr - Internet Scam
SSFL Nutrition
127 NW 13th Street, Suite #4
Boca Raton
Florida
Phone: 8669504788
ebizprogram.com

Not sure if this is the correct address or phone number, Very hard to track these folks done once they start fraudulently hitting up your back account with charges not authorized. My guess is they get as much as possible before you are forced to close your account. BEWARE and make a complaint to the State Attorney's Consumer Fraud Division. The more complaints made, the more they will be forced to investigate and possibly shut them down.
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Colon Xr - Read the fine Print

I also fell into this mess. I ordered a free 30 day trial of the Colon XR for my husband. It wasn't free! My mistake was not reading the fine print. Since I didn't return the product in 14 days they charged my credit card $78.00. The good new is they did refund my money. I called1-888-820-2656 to cancel the membership and ask for a refund. I had to argue with the customer service rep but it all worked out.
 26th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had the same problem. I did get through to an operator but they were very rude and would not let talk to a supervisor. Said I would be charged an 80% restocking fee. What part of this trial was free?
 17th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am pretty pissed off at myself for falling for this scam. I purchased the free trial (seen on AOL) of Acai Pure and Colon XR, only now to have over $210.00 worth of charges on my credit card. I have since cancelled my credit card after numerous attempts to cancel this purchase (the phone numbers dont work, the online "help" is BS, you can't email them, etc.) and I have "return to sender"'ed all the shipments they have sent (3 total so far). This is a nightmare that I wish upon not even my worst enemy. Their websites are very deceiving with their CBS logo and celebrity pictures everywhere- they make it seem legitimate by using known companies names on their websites. I feel better knowing that others have had the same issue with these companies, but I hate to know that so many other people are enduring the turmoil of this scam. These companies have some bad karma coming their way...

Germantown, Maryland
 8th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
They need to be investigated. I had to close out my checking account.It was in Dec 2008 around the holiday. I filled out a internet complaint.The FBI should shut the site down. But these people are so devisive. Happy for those who got their money back.I also would not recommend taking the product .It might be some fatal concoction.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Pure Vitamins
273 Walt Whitman RD
Suite 274,
Huntington Station, NY 11746.

You may contact our customer service department via our toll free phone number1-866-779-7568 Customer Service representatives are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm EST and Saturday 8am - 5pm.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
from their website:

Please note that no refunds are given on any products that have been already shipped.

PLEASE NOTE:

* You must cancel membership auto ship orders prior to next shipment.
* Packages marked "Return To Sender" will NOT be processed or refunded.

Pure Vitamins
273 Walt Whitman RD
Suite 274,
Huntington Station, NY 11746.

And a little detective work:

Registrant:

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: COLODETOXXR.COM

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration COLODETOXXR.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
NS45.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS46.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: ok
 17th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
This same scam happen to me on September 26, 2009 I ordered these products online and they said my order would be shipped and delivered on October 1. Well that day came and went nothing came so finally on the 5th I recieved a package for Colon Cleanse XR okay one package arrived but the other had still not come. I like to do things around the first of the mouth and theses products were suspose to be used together so I called the company to let them know that I recievevd one product but not the other. A friend of my mine inform me about this because she says the same thing happen to her. So I talk with an operator and I ask her to explain to me what they don't tell you online so she was telling me that I had 14 days from the time I recieved the merchantdise to try it and to cancel it if I was not happy with the product, so I told her I have not tried the product because I was waiting for the other so she offered to restart the trail period and that she would resend the other product out. I continued to talk to her then something told me go ahead and cancel these products because something does not sound right so I cancelled the product that Wednesday the 7th of October so that I would not be charged for any additional fees I also ask her would I recieve a confirmation number she said that they don't give them they send out an email and that I would be recieving it in the next 24 hours. I said okay and ask for her name I wrote it down but I can not find the paper. So I starting thinking if I have not recieved this product can they refund my shipping and handleing so I called back and I spoke with a guy gave him my phone number so that he could pull whatever it was he needed to pull up and I ask him was my service cancelled he said yes I said now since I have not recieved this product can I be refunded my fee I was charged for shipping and handleing now let me remind you that I spoke with the lady on the 7th of October to cancel this the the guy I talk to later proceeded to tell me that they had just resent the product all just lies so that he would not have to refund my money then today October 17th I called my bank account to see that I am being charged for something I never recieved $83.31 I was so pissed off because it had overdrawn my account but never again will I be so foolish. DON'T TRY THIS PRODUCT OR COMPANY THEY ARE A RIP OFF.

Thomasville, GA