logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Electrolux
Double Oven will not heat after cleaning process
2. (3 mins ago)
morphsuits.com
not so nice
3. (13 mins ago)
Ymax Oration
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
www.ea.com
Being charge a fee yearly that we do not want
5. (14 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Bang Zoom

Horrible Experience

Coast Dental Jacksonville Fl
Jacksonville, Florida
Picked this practice since my dental insurance changed, and i could no longer see my regular dentist. my insurane covers routine cleaning exam and x rays with no out of pocket costs. made appt. first thing in the morning. arrived 15 min early and was kept waiting 45 mins. before anything was done, technician explains only x rays and exam will be done today (no cleaning) and hands me a piece of paper saying out of pocket today would cost me $80. I told them my insurance should cover routine xrays and exam. She said they need to do an oral cancer screening (not covered) and a special x-ray (not covered)..i said i did not want the oral cancer screening if it was not covered and she said that i would have to have it or sign a paper that says i decline...and i would have to have it before they do a cleaning (on my next visit)...was angry but still declined the screening and agreed to the xtra xray for an addition $20...technician begins the xray process, sticking things in my mouth, leaving the room and pressing buttons, coming back..after the third button push i inquired as to why she wasn't putting anything up to my mouth before pushing buttons...possibly thinking this was some new kind of new xray ...she then realized that she had not been moving the camera over to my mouth before snapping the picture!!!...this is not going well...brings me to another area with chairs lined up like a hair cuttery place...and waited 30 minutes for the xrays to be developed...dentist comes by does an exam...tells me i have gingivitis and need a special type of cleaning...tech comes back..hand me a piece of paper that says my next visit will cost me $482.98 out of my pocket!...special cleaning, cancer screening, asssorted fees...all not covered by insurance...I got out of there as fast s i could! went back to my other dentist not covered by insurance paid $80 out of my pocket for a cleaning and exam...was told there is no gingivitis, my teeth are fine...Avoid Coast Dental...
Comments United States Dental Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2012 by   Tvelazquez9579 0 Votes
The SAME EXACT thing happened to me at this SAME exact dentist and location!! I did exactly what you did!! Paid another dentist too only $106 and I'm good to go!!!
 17th of Oct, 2013 by   Bear V. 0 Votes
I had the very same experience yesterday on 10/16/2013. Except mine was a little different. The dentist never touched me, Her assistant was "probing" my mouth with some pricking needle, calling out numbers, while the dentist wrote them down. They then proceeded to leave the room, 20 minutes later...They send the x-ray girl to explain to me the details of what i have and need done, claims i have periodontal disease, need a gum cleaning, i have to get laser treatment to remove bacteria from my gums, etc, etc...I ask her why isn't the dentist explaining this to me, And the x-ray girl tells me " It's because of the "hippo rule"? What the hell is that! All the while all i needed was a filling and they refused to do the work because they claimed they could not do nothing because they needed to treat me for their False diagnosis! Paid the 24 dollars for the x-ray exam and left. I was so upset of what i went through. This morning i will make it my mission to blog this to make people aware of this franchise's racket scheme, in the hope of bringing awareness to those in power to bringing these kinds of practices down.

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups