logo

CNN - In Session Contacts & Informations

CNN - In Session

Posted:    Bruner

Changing anchors

I am writing to you to let you know how very disturbed I and many are that, you are changing the anchors on "In Session"! Ever since you have had this channel you have done nothing but chip away at it! First you changed the name of it to "Tru Tv". Then changed the trial segments to "In Session". It will always be Court Tv no matter what! It makes more sense too! Tru Tv sounds cheap! Court Tv had respect! You then took off Nancy Graces time slot! Do you know how frustrating it is to try and watch a trial when you get a large chunk of the tv time thrown out! Then you took off the Judges show after Nancy. I can't recall her name right now. Then you put on all these ridiculous realty shows that are just dumb. This channel was about court!! Not all this silly stuff you have on there now! Only one show remains that is court type related and that is forensic files. A lot of us go to the "ID" channel to get our fix of court type shows. But now you are taking away "OUR" anchors! We love our anchors!!! Especially Ashleigh Banfield!! What are you trying to do to this channel and the trial coverage?? We love our court tv!! We love the name court tv! We love watching our trials! Don't change it if it ain't broke! This show has been around for years on the same platform it has now and with a lot of the anchors. It was successful!! Why change it??? You need to put the channel back together like it was before you guys got a hold of it! You have just ripped it apart. Why don't you put on one of your other channels a reality channel there and leave court tv and programing alone! We don't want you to change ANYTHING!!! We don't want new anchors!! We love the ones we have!! Leave them alone please. Leave this channel alone please. Leave the programing alone please. Leave the trial coverage alone please. Please give us back our last time slot to see trials please! We want to see the whole days worth of trial coverage! Please! This program is important to quite a few people. We would like everything left alone please. Thanks for your time. - Donna Bruner - Ga.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2009 by   vsummers +2 Votes
I couldn't have put it better. I LOVED Court TV. Since then it seems CNN has slowly drained the life out of what was such an informative and vital view into important trials that give us insight into and appreciation for our legal system. To let Jami, Ashleigh and Jack go is ridiculous if it's truly being done to consolidate resources in Atlanta and cut costs. The truth is CNN will lose much more revenue when they attempt to bring in people of who will undoubtedly be of lesser caliber than that of their current anchors. The people who fill in for the current anchors are nowhere near as dynamic and engaging. I can't imagine who they've come up with but I hold zero hope for their success considering how badly CNN has treated what is now In Session so far. And the junk they fill the rest of the TruTV hours with is just so very sad.

I hope CNN will quickly come to its senses and consider maintaining In Session in NYC. I mean, really, how much does it cost to keep Larry king in LA? And Larry, much as I love him, has a show that like so many now on CNN, is slowly turning into a snoozefest.

Show some courage CNN and dare to broadcast dynamic and thought provoking shows instead of slowly letting your network disolve into drivel.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   sheflys +1 Votes
I could not have said it better. All the way back to when Catherine Crier was canned and coverage stopped at 3 PM. Give me a break. California courts don't start until 12 noon eastern time. I recall one day when everyone was back in court for the reading of the verdict. It was almost 3 PM. And just as the jury was being seated, coverage came to a halt at 3 to begin one of those rediculous "reality" shows. Did they let us know what the verdict was? Online? Anywhere? NO.

Whoever is in charge of our Court TV is intent on destroying it totally. I vote for another broadcast compamy to pick up the baton and run with it. Give us a true Court TV channel with coverage ALL DAY, great anchors, real time trials all the time (no repeats) and online updates for those of us who can't sit in front of the TV all day long.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   sheflys 0 Votes
BTW If They really cared what we thought, they would be telling us what to expect, not keeping us in the dark. It is the next to last day and I can't find anything about the new format, new anchors, etc. One would ecpect them to promote the change to help us accept it. If I had not seen a comment on Ashley's facebook page, I would have been cought by surprise next Monday...shocked. This is typical of TruTV/In Session...they don;t give a sh** what we, their loyal viewers, think. Never did.
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   eruditelizzy -1 Votes
I don't think you can find any smarter anchors or correspondents anywhere else on TV
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   Kimberly Miller -1 Votes
I do not think I will ever watch this channel again. I do not work during the day, and I always spent my time watching the live trials. The anchors are excellent and I am very surprised with the change that is going to happen! This television show has been constantley changing and It is sad, that it will never be the same. I love Ashley, Jamie and Jack Ford. I am very upset and hope you will reconsider this terrible mistake.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   lwtn7 0 Votes
I think you all should have waited to see who was takeing there places. I am so glad Vinnie is back, he is the best and we've missed him.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   sheflys -1 Votes
Where is the live feed???? Isn;t this trial going down right now?
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   OpinionatedinGA 0 Votes
I loved, loved, love Ashley for her wit, Jack for his knowledge of the law, and Jamie for her ability to to keep the viewers engaged. With all of the crap on TV these days, this is one line-up they should have left alone. To the powers that be, listen to us viewers and return to the old format with the anchors we have come to know and love.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   hotrod757 -1 Votes
I totoly agree were is jack and ash and jamie? I have emailed in session went to the site i think everyone should do the same
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   hotrod757 -1 Votes
That ryan smith just seems to fake get him off i can't stand him. Come you guys lets get some emails in to session. One more thing what happened to ash, jack, and jamie?
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   Leisa -1 Votes
I work during the day so recorded the 3 shows. I Love Ashleigh's comments, Jack's telling of both sides, & though I believe the justice system needs a common sense overhaul, enjoy Jami's explaining how "those people" can & should be defended, among many other things.
Since the new show is 6 hours, I recorded it, and tried, honestly, to watch the new anchors and format. After 2 days, I now fastfoward through the anchors, and hit play on Jean's comments, and the actual trial. I do NOT like the new format, new anchors, new anything. The only thing tru tv has done right was to keep some familiar faces.
It needs to correct this huge mistake and go back to what works and what fans clearly want.
Bring back Ashleigh, Jack, & Jami. Please.

Former fan,
Leisa, AL
 19th of Nov, 2009 by   Caleo, CT -1 Votes
I agree, I loved COURTTV, they stayed right on top of everything!!! The 3:00 business was discouraging and then to totally change the way the channel is being run now is a BIG MISTAKE!! It is boring and although I cant blame the anchors they seem to not be as competent and engaging as Ashleigh, Jack and Jamie. I am disappointed with the changes CNN made to such an engaging, informative and rivoting program. If CNN wants to cut cost perhaps they should start with their EXECUTIVES and allow the viewers to enjoy what COURTTV started many years ago. Not good business practice CNN!! Cheryl, CT.
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   bobtheman -1 Votes
CNN is a joke.
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   semi13 0 Votes
I totally agree. I was so sad to see Ashleigh and Jack go. From what I understand, it seems like Ashleigh might be taking Diane Sawyer's job on Good Morning America. So it looks like she's on to bigger and better things, but I did like Ashleigh and I think it was a HUGE mistake on InSessions part to get rid of her. Also, Jack Ford was so balanced, logical and smart. Why dump him for that idiot, Ryan Smith? No offense but that guy is terrible. I watch Insessions during the day too, but I have been turning it off after Vinnie is over and watching the live streaming of the trials online, because Ryan Smith just sucks. I love Vinnie, but seriously.. get rid of Ryan Smith.

Also, I miss Lisa Bloom - she is my all time favorite anchor. Bloom & Politan was pure perfection. Lisa & Vinnie balanced each other so perfectly - it was a match made in television heaven.

Bad move, Insessions.. please stop with the ridiculous reality shows! If we wanted to watched that ridiculous nonsense - we'd turn on TLC or VH1. Geesh.
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by   StopComplainingNow +1 Votes
Court TV is little more than a reality soap. Get outside and take a walk and stop wasting your time on TV.
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   CNBR 0 Votes
I agree with all of these comments. I miss Court TV and hate the new reality shows that are on every single day. Most shocking, well this might come as a shock, I HATE THESE STUPID SHOWS!!
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   Dennis Sandell +1 Votes
I also agree since cnn took over the respect and credibility of court tv/ tru tv and steadily dropped in my mind... and someone please tell Vinnie Politan to get his money back on the acting classes he must of taken... he over dramatizes everything ... geez I hope you kept the receipt for the acting classes and can get your money back...I guess next you will hire Jerry Springer to be and anchor and maybe you could have the anchors wrestle wtih each other... but I am sure you will find a way to make court tv less credible and more trashy...
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   BJT10 0 Votes
I have to add my 2 cents to the others who are speaking out against the changes made on CNN RE: In Session. You took off all the people who made intelligent, insightful comments and questions, and replaced them with "talking heads." Frankly, I could care less about Nancy Grace. I found her to be extremely opinionated, rude, and condescending. Giving her a show of her own was a happy day for me, because I did not have to listen to her be disrespectful to her guests while commenting on trials.
GET RID OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING NOW ON "IN SESSION" AND BRING BACK THE CREW YOU HAD BEFORE!

What were you thinking?
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   ABC1 0 Votes
I am writing to try and correct a wrong. The moderator at INSessions Message Boards banned me. I have been calling CNN to try and rectify this issue without any success of talking to the Insessions Department. I emailed Coldwater with a request to resolve this issue and he/she refuses to take emails anylonger from banned posters. I am a 73 year old disabled women who due to limited mobility spends much time on the computer and the Insessions Board was serious in my life. CW also has prevented me from even reading the comments. Is there someone in your organization that can help me? Due to CW's unnecessary and frequent banning, the boards have been reduced to almost nothing. Is this what CNN is paying her to do?
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   jgg789 +3 Votes
Ryan Smith on In Sessions is a joke!!! He is so biased it is unbelievable. He totally disregards opinions of more experienced people and goes his merry way with what he feels is true. Please. At least take into consideration the facts!!! He is a prime example of Please do not confuse me with facts!!! The quality of this show has gone so far downhill that if it continues, I will no longer watch it. Get rid of Ryan Smith ----------PLEASE!!!

WFTV Todd Ulrich Online Job Investigation