logo

Safecart
Internet Defender
2. (31 mins ago)
Taradale registry
Bad customer services from staff/ owner/manger
3. (37 mins ago)
Fubar.com
This site is one of two of the biggest "scam sites" that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with
4. (44 mins ago)
FRAUD, CHEATING

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Clear Creek Consulting, Westminster, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - Terrible company

Clear Creek Consulting Contacts & Informations

Clear Creek Consulting

Posted:    Valerie

Terrible company

Clear Creek Consulting
Westminster, Colorado
Phone: 303-426-1075
clearcreekconsulting.com
I signed on to work with Clear Creek Consulting in 2008 with help to my tax debt. I got a few calls here and there, I was pushing them off till I was ready to pay them. I got a call from a male every few days asking if I was ready to go, he wanted to get my paper upstairs. I finally paid them 5800 to get this taken care of. I was thinking that I pay them I have to just sit back and relax. I also had a personal case with a business. I gave them my social credit card number for the first payment, then my checking account for the next payment. Someone there must have wrote it down.

About 2 weeks later, my bank there was money missing. I went to the bank and they had to track where the items purchased on the internet were going to. They let me know that it was from a town called Thornton Colorado. I checked on a map where that location is from where the company that I just hired was located and found to be very close.

I have done my research and learned if you do hire Clear Creek Consulting, you are hiring FELONS!! I am very surprised that you can get a job with personal information like this being passed around. Please be careful with the information that you are giving to this company. I would hate to see other stories on here about this.

All in all, my bank did refund my money for me, and I hope they are going to find the people that did this to me.

Thank you all and have a blessed day.

Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008 by   sunrisesucks -3 Votes
I think people should just get a life and stop wasting your freaking time ripping other people's heads off
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   carlos +2 Votes
i hope you can tell me what did you do. They are trying to get 4200 from me we only agreed to 1000
any help?
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   JR9 0 Votes
Do NOT send any money to Clear Creek!
 29th of Dec, 2008 by   Tax Attorney USA -1 Votes
I got into trouble with my taxes because had a bad couple years of business. I am a tax attorney myself and did not fully understand the collection division of the IRS. Clear Creek called me and I hired them. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I ended up paying them over $12, 000 in fees but they saved me hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties and interest. I recommend hiring them.

You can find out more about them at www.clearcreekconsulting.com. I think they have a rather large list of testomonials from thousands of clients just like me that they helped.
 13th of Jan, 2009 by   someone with information 0 Votes
I worked for Clear Creek for about one month. I consider myself a professional and I AM NOT a disgruntle employee. I gave my two weeks notice due to the work enivornment at the business. The lady who filed the complaint is correct. They hire felons right out of prison and half way houses. Now I do believe that individuals deserve a second chance, but I feel that this is the wrong place to give them the chance. When credit card information and checking account numbers are being given out the consumer should truly know who they are dealing with. I would proceed with caution when hiring this firm.
 22nd of Mar, 2009 by   NONE 0 Votes
I am a person who currently works for Clear Creek Consulting. I understand the one's frustration with his information be used to purchase things he DID NOT AUTHORIZE. However, we have implemented many measures to ensure that NO personal information except the Company name address and number are disclosed. If a money transaction is done, we have a secure line that it goes through and then the file is immediately sent to our financial and administration department. We (regular employee's) DO NOT HAVE easy access to private information. We have a reputation to stand on as does every company. If you would DO MORE RESEARCH, you will find MANY, MANY HAPPY CLIENTS THAT WE USE AS REFERENCES. Hindsight is 20/20, so looking back at something that went wrong with a guy's information getting stolen is a very unfortunate matter. I know that Clear Creek did what it could to rectify the matter. I personally have worked for many companies and I believe this company to be a company that helps people. If you look at ANY company, you will find mistakes that they have made and many times worse than what happened to the man in question. We are human and it is inevitable that we or companies WILL make mistakes. What the real question should be is, "Did the company do something to rectify the situation and has it happened again?" I think you find that we rectify any problem and we will all be glad to show you how many people love our company and how much MONEY WE HAVE SAVED BUSINESSES AND CITIZENS!!! As far as employing criminals, open your mind and look at where you eat, shop, bank, hang-0ut, etc. There are criminals everywhere. I believe that people deserve second chances and millions of companies also believe that. You walk by a criminal every day and you don't even know it. Just be grateful that you are alive, the situation at hand was taken care of and that Clear Creek Consulting took the proper action and terminated that particular employee. CCC is a growing company and will continue to grow due to the client satisfaction heavily outweighing any complaints or concerns. Please contact the office and someone will be glad to discuss your concerns. We are here to protect you and save you money from the government imposing levies and applying criminal penalties against you. That actually brings to mind that the reason we would call you anyways is because the government has charged you AS A CRIMINAL TAX EVADER and added penalties and interest to your original tax liability. We prove that you ARE NOT A CRIMINAL and that you deserve to not be treated as one. I am lucky to work for such a company. May you all have a blessed day and I wish nothing bu the best for you and your future transactions with any company.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   TaxResolutionSpecialist +2 Votes
Make a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility. I have attached the information you need to contact them, which is also available on www.irs.gov.

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) At-a-Glance

Mission

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) establishes and enforces consistent standards of competence, integrity and conduct for tax professionals (enrolled agents, attorneys, CPAs, and other individuals and groups covered by IRS Circular 230.

Strategic Priorities

OPR supports the IRS strategy to enhance enforcement of the tax law and to ensure that attorneys, accountants and other tax practitioners adhere to professional standards and follow the law.

Headquarters

Office of Professional Responsibility
SE:OPR, Room 7238/IR

Program Background

The Office of Professional Responsibility provides education and outreach to the tax professional community and administers the enrolled agent exam. To support the IRS' strategic priorities, OPR ensures the integrity and credibility of the American tax system by working through tax professionals and with IRS operating divisions and functions. Circular 230 changes have created a need to increase awareness among tax professionals regarding the consequences of non-compliance. This awareness, plus increased enforcement and additional legislation, should help deter non-compliance.

Business Objectives

To increase the percentage of tax professionals who do adhere to professional standards and follow the law by:

Establishing procedures to identify and address the most egregious non-compliance cases
Strengthening partnerships with tax professionals
Establishing and communicating standards of conduct for tax practitioners
Establishing and maintaining a system of tax practitioner oversight
Rejuvenating the referral process
Publicizing actions taken to promote the integrity of the system and deter further non-compliance
Establishing and administering a system of sanctions for tax practitioners who fail to observe standards of conduct
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   Jenny -4 Votes
I worked at Clear Creek for a couple months, About 5-6 months, and while I was working there, we had a great team of people. Paul was a great manager and always motivated me to get sales, I am not going to lie, its a sales job pretty much! Great money too.. I do not work their anymore because of some of the people there I had a couple personal problems, but honestly if I had a case I would hire them! Things happen with companies, and people complain... I look at websites all the time to see what people say about this company, please if I compained every time Mcdonalds or some fast food messes my food up every time I go there! I believe they are a great company and I enjoyed working right in front of Mark and Paul, they are great people to work with.
 9th of May, 2009 by   TaxResolutionSpecialist +1 Votes
IRS Suspends Tax Practitioner for Failing To Provide Service Related to Offers in Compromise

WASHINGTON — An enrolled agent was suspended from practice before the Internal Revenue Service by the Office of Professional Responsibility on April 6 for not performing services related to offers in compromise (OIC) paid for by taxpayers.

Enrolled Agent Richard Hargus worked in California for two separate, now defunct companies that specialized in tax resolution services, which included submitting OICs to the IRS.

Multiple taxpayers paid the companies for Hargus to resolve their income tax liabilities through the OIC program. In many instances, the taxpayers either did not receive the services for which they paid or received very little assistance with resolving their tax issues.

An offer in compromise is an agreement between a taxpayer and the IRS that settles the taxpayer’s tax liabilities for less than the full amount owed. Absent special circumstances, if a taxpayer has the ability to fully pay the tax liability in a lump sum or through installment agreement payments, an offer in compromise generally will not be accepted.

Tax practitioners are subject to the regulations issued under Treasury Department Circular 230. Specifically Circular 230 provides that a practitioner must exercise due diligence in preparing or assisting in the preparation of, approving, and filing of tax returns, documents, affidavits, and other papers relating to Internal Revenue Service matters.

Following an investigation by the IRS, Hargus admitted a lack of due diligence in these taxpayers’ situations. The IRS suspended Hargus from practice for a period of time lasting at least 18 months.

The IRS is taking a closer look at tax resolution companies, and is also litigating known OIC abuses to ensure that tax professionals fulfill their legal and ethical obligations to their clients in dealing with IRS tax matters.
 10th of May, 2009 by   T. Leslie 0 Votes
Please view my original posting about Clear Creek Consulting here /URL removed/

I hope that any of you that are interested took a moment to read my original posting about this "firm" and of course I use the term loosely because I believe that this outfit of misfit teens/felons/ and scammers have developed the perfect scheme for ripping off and terrorizing those that are already in trouble with the government, be it federal, state or local taxing agencies to which they use your already troubled state of affairs for their own personal gain while they promise you that they will take care of all your fears and get you a deal for a set amount of money.

Lies, lies and more lies. This seems to be the mantra that Clear Creek sets its corporate values upon. I urge you if you have been a victim of this company to write to their Vice President of Services Rian Peonio and ask him to reply to you in writing about any and all concerns that you have or have had with this company as I do doubt that you will get a response in writing but you will be bombarded by phone calls from Mr. Peonio stating that he wishes to speak to you about the contents of your letter but will not under any circumstances reply to you in writing. I did this under the advisement of the Colorado Attorney Generals office and to my surprise when I asked for any further correspondence to put into writing Mr. Rian Peonio informed me that Clear Creek Consultant’s Corporate attorneys informed him (Mr. Peonio) that Clear Creek did not have to respond to me in writing because my allegations didn't warrant the time and effort to respond to me by letter and furthermore Mr. Peonio adamantly refused to address any issues I had with this company but he did inform me that I could no longer speak to the Attorneys that were assigned to me and that my case would be kept on his desk for an undetermined amount of time unless I removed my original posting to which he then added that if I did remove my original posting that he would then free up some of my money and would then move ahead with an Offer in Compromise... of course foolish me I thought that my payment of over $6, 000.oo was in order for them to get me an Offer in Compromise not for sporadic phone calls to the IRS hotline to see if I had been assigned an agent... for formatting letters two and three times over and charging me numerous times for power of attorney when to my knowledge I had only been assigned two attorneys. I cannot even begin to count the times that I was charged for those involved with my case to sit in their meetings and discuss my case. My question is: What were they discussing when nothing had changed with my case, no agent had been assigned to my case and their plan of action never deviated except for the constant draining of my retainer and then the threats of case termination (which they used the term of will close your case and you won't be protected from the IRS coming after you) unless I coughed up more money. So what were these constant meetings about? How to get more funds? How to drag out my case until I was financially devastated? Well, guess what, Clear Creek Consulting? I am financially devastated as the last $ 1, 500.00 dollar retainer caused me to lose my health insurance for nearly 5 months, depleted my funds that I could not pay my heating bill through the winter and caused a chain reaction of debt that I cannot seem to crawl out from and now I'm looking at an electric termination. I mean I guess all these things wouldn't be so bad if my $6, 500.00 had actually gone towards the resolutions that they promised.

Clear Creek Consulting promised me resolution within a 60 to 90 day time frame and for the original price of $2, 500.00 to which now two years later I'm out $6, 500.00 dollars and told on my final statement of services that I owe them money!!! And For what? For ripping me off, for the ton of broken promises or for the tactics that border on coercion to make me cough up more money? Or for Mr. Peonio's fraudulent claims of how they have kept me protected from the IRS and for the liens that they removed, etc... No, they did nothing. There were no liens as of yet, they filed no motions with the IRS and apparently after sending in copies of my tax returns and all my monthly expenses that they stated they needed to file the 40 plus pages of the Offer In compromise they even failed to do that as I never got copies of anything that they did in the way of work on my case. I requested for my file to be sent to me and all they sent me was the copies that I had sent them. Where are the copies of all these letters that were formatted, copies of the Offer In Compromise that they were supposed to fill out, copies of the motions to remove liens that Mr. Peonio had stated that they removed and copies or transcriptions of any correspondence that they had with the IRS on my behalf? There are no copies because they did nothing on my behalf except call the IRS hotline to which I could have done myself. I did request to Mr. Peonio that I wanted a full refund to which he replied “Remove the post and I’ll see what I can do but it might take several months” but then I got my final statement of services to which now they claim that I owe them.

BEWARE OF CLEAR CREEK CONSULTING AND THEIR FRAUDLENT CLAIMS

BEWARE OF THE HIGH SCHOOL GRADS THAT CLAIM TO BE SENIOR TAX CONSULTANTS.

BEWARE OF THE FELONS THAT THEY HIRE TO TAKE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION- EVEN THEIR OWN EMPLOYEE BY THE NAME OF KYBOGGS(see earlier postings above) FULLY ADMITS TO THIS PRACTICE.

BEWARE OF RIAN PEONIO, VICE PRESIDENT OF SERVICES WITH CLEAR CREEK CONSULTING WHO USES LANGUAGE THAT BORDERS ON COERCION IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN A STEADY FLOW OF YOUR FUNDS INTO THE COMPANY BY MEANS OF THREATS VIA THE IRS.

CONSUMER BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!!!

In closing have you noticed that Mr. Brandon Cope, Vice President of Clear Creek Consulting has stopped responding to these posts?

I urge all of you that have been victims of this company to contact the Attorney General of Colorado and your own States Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore I urge you to contact your State Senator and demand that there be oversight of these tax firms and their fraudulent claims. Also contact the Office of Professional Responsibility_
Office of Professional Responsibility
SE:OPR, Room 7238/IR

Fax Number: (202) 622-2207

If anyone is interested in Class Action against this company please let me know. This type of victimization needs to stop and pronto!

COPY OF LETTER TO: CLEAR CREEK CONSULTING, RIAN PEONIO, VICE PRESIDENT OF SERVICES

April 20, 2009
In regards to: Conversations April 10th, 11th, 14th and 17th 2009
Mr. Rian Peonio V.P. of Services
8620 Wolff Court
Suite 330
Westminster, Co. 80030

Dear Mr.Peonio:
Subject: Refusal to reply/Stipulation Demands

As per our conversation on the dates stated above I am formally requesting that you place in writing a detailed summary of our conversation along with a detailed explanation as to why you originally refused to reply to us in writing as per my request. In your return letter I am asking that you give us your reasons for refusal to originally honor my request in writing as well as the stipulations you have set out in order for Clear Creek Consulting, Inc., to continue to represent my husband and myself in our tax matters. I also wish to receive from you in writing as to why I am no longer able to speak to the attorneys that were assigned to our case and why our case file folder is being held on your desk until your stipulation demands are met since our statement of services states that we have a remainder of $508. 75 left on our current retainer. I am also requesting that you place in writing an explanation of all the negative complaints that have been alleged against Clear Creek Consulting, Inc. by several ex- clients and or ex-employees as well as some current ones, as we have been unable to receive any answers that would restore our trust within this company that you represent. We would also like to receive in writing the educational requirements that a potential employee must have to be considered a Senior Tax Consultant and if you could address in writing an explanation as to why several members of Clear Creek Consulting, Inc. state that they are “Senior Tax Associate and or Advisors” on the social networking site MYSPACE and list no further education than that of a high school diploma. I would like to have in writing the issues of drug abuse on the job site addressed as well as the drug use of your employees during their off time as well as Clear Creek Consulting, Inc. policies regarding employees and drug screening. I am also requesting that Clear Creek Consulting explain in detail the corporate policies on hiring felons which a KyBoggs who claims to be a current employee of Clear Creek Consulting, Inc. states on the Consumer Complaint Boards that Clear Creek does and has hired felons. In closing we hope that you will address our concerns and fears in a timely matter and that we can begin to come to a resolution of these issues.
Respectfully,
Donald and Teresa Leslie
 17th of May, 2009 by   Charlotte Martin 0 Votes
I agree with you totally that Clear Creek Consulting can NOT be trusted. You better have EVERYTHING they say to you on the phone IN WRITING before you agree to ANYTHING and definietly BEFORE you pay them!! I found out they lied to me in the sales department to get my business, so I told them I wanted to cancel and get a refund - this was in NOVEMBER 2008! I ended up filing a complaint with the Denver BBB ( you can read it all here http://denver.ebindr.com/complaint/view/75066677/c/vdqzfs# ) and then was told the accounting department would issue my refund, that not my $3500 should have been used. I asked for a statement of account - never got it! Rian Peonio said the refund could take up to 60 days - that was up on April 24, 2009 - no refund! I reopened the BBB case, and Brandon Cope said he never posted on the BBB website that I would get a refund - that's true, but he said so on the phone, so you can't believe ANYTHING ANY of them tell you!! Brandon Cope and Rian Peonio will lie to you as well the rest of their employees!

I am getting ready to send everything to my State Attorney General and want to ask him to initiate a class action lawsuit - if anyone is interested in joining a class action lawsuit, please email me at cmbssvc@yahoo.com and I will forward it with my claim. I live in West Virginia.

Charlotte Martin
 19th of May, 2009 by   T. Leslie +2 Votes
So much for the Colorado Attorney General! I received back a complimentary form type letter stating to me that they read my complaint and while they are concerned they cannot begin to investigate each and every complaint. Well, I'M NOT TAKING THIS!!! No wonder Rian Peonio said he cared less if I contacted the Attorney General due to the fact that obviously the Attorney General Office in Colorado could less alone care if they investigated or not and pretty much state within their return letter that they lacked the manpower and or funds to do so. Well I'm not taking this. I'm out over $6, 000.00 dollars and I want my money back NOW!!! I am willing to do whatever it takes to sue these predators. I've even written to the Federal Trade Commission but have yet to receive a response and the only bright spot within all this is that the Pennsylvania Attorney General is actually taking an interest and has asked for the copies of the billings I received from Clear Creek. I am so mad at this point that I could spit! So I would advise any of you that have been ripped off by these people to contact your local attorney general and then flood the office of the Colorado Attorney general with your complaints due to the fact that they can't investigate just one case but I am sure with pressure from numerous consumers about this scam company they will be forced to take issue and investigate. I encourage each of you as well to contact the consumer advocate of your local news stations as well as write to John Stossel at ABC's news show program 20/20. If enough of us speak out something or someone will eventually take an interest in the common citizen and help us to get our justice.
 19th of May, 2009 by   Researching +1 Votes
Thank you for your review and assessment of Clear Creek Consulting. I was looking into them. Checked out their B- rating with the BBB and then found this page. I think we will be passing on their services.
 19th of May, 2009 by   Charlotte Martin 0 Votes
Anyone else interested in joining a class action lawsuit against Clear Creek Consulting, please email me at cmbssvc@yahoo.com with either "Clear Creek Consulting" or "CCC" included in the subject line. I get alot of junkeven in my inbox and I don't want to overlook anyone - we can band together and get our money back!
 22nd of May, 2009 by   broken 0 Votes
Id like to join in with you on lawsuit against Clear Creek Charlotte tried your email but said it wasnt valid.
There one fine bunch of people taking advantage of peoples fears to milk money out of them till there financally devestaded and sitting back not even filing the first form needed to get proceedings started on your case in hopes youll run out of money and all they have to do is make a few phonecalls to the IRS hotline and say there getting your case together with no intentions of doing anything. Hope whoever sees this looking at using these bunch of predators doesnt fall intu there snare and let them bleed them to death.
 22nd of May, 2009 by   broken +1 Votes
never mind on the email address charlotte it is ok got it thru now i think gope to hear back from you
 22nd of May, 2009 by   Charlotte Martin 0 Votes
Thanks, broken! I got your email and replied! Anyone else wanting to join a class action suit against Clear Creek, email cmbssvc@yahoo.com

Thanks!
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   TaxResolutionSpecialist -1 Votes
Hey! File a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility. This will shut the predators down once and for all and then you can sue the corporate officers, see my previous post on how to file the complaint. Good luck, I hope the best for you all and please, keep in touch with the IRS regarding your situations and they will work with you.
 7th of Jun, 2009 by   Charlotte Martin -1 Votes
Brandon Cope, Executive Vice President of Clear Creek Consulting, has contacted me with a resolution to settle our differences and has agreed to issue a refund. We have agreed to settle our differences.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   T. Leslie -1 Votes
IMPORTANT!!!

Well now, that's interesting. I see that Brandon Cope actually does exist! I cannot tell you the number of times that I have called and left messages for Mr. Cope to contact me to address the issues that have been posted and or found online about the Company that he represents. Unfortunately for Mr. Brandon Cope that he had decidedly allowed Mr. Rian Peonio V.P. of Services to handle his affairs in this matter, which had been nothing short of a nightmare and whose coercive actions have left me no other alternative than to seek legal recourse against their firm.

I am now taking over for Charlotte on the class action initiation against Clear Creek Consulting. I have been in touch with a National Law Firm that is currently investigating these Tax Relief/Negotiation Firms and is compiling evidence against them in the process. The process will of course take time which I know many of you might not have since you have been financially injured by Clear Creek and the IRS and are seeking some sort of quick resolution, but I assure you that if you can hang tight I think that we will all be better off in the long run once these Class Action suits are initiated. You can email me at:

CCC.ClassAction@gmail.com

with your name and telephone numbers so that it can be passed on to this law firm, which will enable them to contact you directly to get your specific information. Currently there is not any type of governmental oversight of these companies, and I strongly encourage you to write to your congressman or woman and your state senators and demand that there be transparency and that there be federal laws mandated, which will regulate this type of industry and stop them dead in their tracks from preying on vulnerable consumers. I also encourage you to report them to.

Office of Professional Responsibility @
SE: OPR, Room 7238/IR

Fax Number: (202) 622-2207

And also send a letter to the

Committee on Ways & Means
U.S. House of Representatives
1102 Longworth House Office Building
Washington D.C. 20515

Phone: (202) 225-3625
Fax: (202) 225-2610

demanding that their be Federal Governmental Oversight of these types of firms that are supposedly brokering deals with the IRS and demand that the IRS brokers it’s own deals with the taxpayer without the fear that they instill into the average taxpayer which of course by the IRS’s own actions have pushed us into the arms of these Tax Relief/Negotiation Firms. It has become a double-bladed sword and we the consumer/taxpayer are the ones who end up getting cut the deepest. This has to stop on the IRS’s part and on these predators that prey on vulnerable Citizens.

Furthermore it is imperative that you keep all your records and make notes of any and all communications that you have with Clear Creek Consulting or any of these “types” of firms. If you feel that you are being exploited demand that all communications be sent to you via written letter and on company letter head. Do not let them bully you or tell you that they do not have to respond to you in writing because technically when you hire these firms they work for you and not you for them which seems to be the number one issue with Clear Creek as Mr. Peonio stated to me that Clear Creek Consulting was told by their Corporate Council that they do not have to respond in writing whatsoever. This is not the case because as I stated before they work for you and not you for them, and they must provide a detailed statement of professional services at your request and it shouldn’t take them months to provide this to you as it should be tallied on their books and available for print out immediately; not the three + months that it took for me to receive mine. Furthermore, which according to my last conversation with C. Martin, Mr. Brandon Cope informed her that such a statement was property of Clear Creek Consulting, Inc. and that she had yet to receive a statement of professional services which Mr. Rian Peonio is in charge of solely.

Now on a further note about the Better Business Bureau. If you have filed a complaint against Clear Creek Consulting with the Better Business Bureau and the BBB tries to get you into binding Arbitration you should think long and hard before accepting this offer as the better business bureau might not be able to negotiate the deal that is best suited for your situation, which means if you accept binding arbitration you will be stuck with the BBB's final decision which in the end means you might lose out completely and have your case administratively closed without you accruing a satisfactory end, and then you might not have any means then of any further recourse against the situation with Clear Creek Consulting Inc.. Just something for you to think about and also be very careful brokering any deals with Clear Creek and make sure if you do that you do not agree to anything until you have received it in writing and making sure that the offer they represent to you is on company letterhead and physically signed by someone of authority at Clear Creek Consulting Inc. that can broker your refund or an out of court settlement.

How to Prevent Foodborne Illness