Clark Shoes

Posted:

Had shoes 1 year and yet both split across the sole.

Maryland
Both a nice leather pair of Clark shoes at the local Marshalls less than a year ago. Noticed one morning on a cold day that the sole of both shoes split completely apart, across the width of the sole. Went to a local Clark's store and they referred me to their customer service. Don't know why, I showed them both soles, they ran an alledged stock number check and stated they couldn't locate the shoe in their computer. Whatever? The shoes plainly say Clark, and they are plainly somewhat new in that the soles are not worn excessively. Bad shoes is basically what this is. Someone obviously decided to put inferior man made rubber soles on an otherwise nice leather top. The leather holds where the sole of the shoe does not.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have had 2 pairs of Clark's shoes (not new) come apart at the sole recently. It's like the glue has disintegrated or something or like it was not stitched together like you'd think they would be (for the price of what Clark's cost). The actual shoe is not worn out & this seems to be a quality issue. I had taken 1 pair to my local shoe repair store which is owned by an older guy & he told me he could not fix this pair. He may not have the equipment to do the repair, so I'm consulting some other online shoe repair web sites. I'm also reading that many, many Clark's shoe customers are experiencing the same problems & some are actually newer shoes than what mine are. I've had some shoes for 20+ years & never had that problem before.
 22nd of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have been buying Clarks school shoes for years, I am very disappointed with them as the last two pairs have split across the sole. It makes me not want to purchase them again. Is there a problem with materials used?
 27th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have a pair of slip on Clark shoes that have split at the sole. Don't know the problem but I love my Clark shoes. This is a pair that haven't been worn much at all. The sole is not worn like most of my Clark's! They look like knew with the exception that the side of the right shoe top stitching has come out and the piece of stretchy material is undone causing an open space in the shoe. They are Clarks Artisan Collection 73930 - 05/-06- 81/2M. Don't know when I purchased but know I have not worn them much. Love the loafer style but unhappy that this has happened. This seems to be a quality problem. Wish shoes were not top stitched so this would not happen.
 19th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have a pair of brown leather Clark slip on shoes that I wear only occasionally. Imagine my surprise when the upper leather part completely separated from the sole on one side.. The shoe is otherwise in perfect condition. I have no idea what to do about this.
Any input will be appreciated.

Clarks  Logo Clarks