logo

United Built Homes
Worst experience possible
3. (13 mins ago)
PayPower (Visa)
Stewie: "Where's my money?.."
4. (15 mins ago)
Bait and switch!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Clark Shoes Complaints & Reviews - Soles fall apart!

Clark Shoes Contacts & Informations

Clark Shoes

Posted:    larry6905

Soles fall apart!

Clark Shoes
I am writing to tell you how disappointed I have been in the quality of Ecco and Clark shoes. The soles just fall apart. Often leaving me in a precarious and even hazardous position. Therefore I'm forced not to purchase your shoes, even though I like them. I believe it is a problem with your materials used on the rubber soles. I am sorry. I am forced to buy your competitors products even if at a higher price point. Mephistos don't have this problem. I am hoping these company's will do something to correct this problem.
It's happened on every pair whether worn or not. They disintegrate. Some sooner then others.

A disappointed customer!
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Aug, 2008 by   Suzanne 0 Votes
I have been trying to contact Clark Shoes for this very problem!

We purchased some beautiful 'first steps' Clark shoes for our first son, who never
wore them. 20 months later, I put them on our second son. I found the rubber
soles quite sticky. Then, to my horror, I found my 10 mth old son choking on a
huge piece of sole that had just broken off! As he rubbed his feet on our carpet
the soles left big blue stains on the carpet, and the soles have cracked completely
from side to side.

THESE ARE AN INFERIOR AND DANGEROUS PRODUCT.
 7th of Aug, 2008 by   Molee 0 Votes
I love my Clarks. I own 9 pair. I have never had a single problem with any of them. They are so comfortable and support my high arches well. I have not found a better shoe.
 19th of Sep, 2008 by   Hank 0 Votes
I have owned several pair of Clark shoes. After a few years of use the sole splits. The upper areas of the shoe are in good condition and would give a lot of additional wear. I also buy Rockport shoes and have never had any similar problem with them.
 20th of Oct, 2008 by   denise 0 Votes
I am a teacher and, when new and for several months following, Clark's shoes are great.Other teaches wear these shoes and have identical complaints. I have bought many pairs of Clark's shoes and have experienced 4 pairs that have prematurely fallen apart. The material to which the uppers are sewn pulls apart and is irreparable. Clark's has replaced one pair, but it seems the shoes they have that I prefer, are all destined to fail much too prematurely. Clark's products have appreciably deteriorated in quality.
 20th of Nov, 2008 by   Klaus Zloebl 0 Votes
I just now experienced the same problem. The sole just disintegrated on my way to work. For me it seems at it does not depend on how often you wear them, but just on the age of the shoes.
 21st of Nov, 2008 by   joan 0 Votes
I have six(6) pairs of clark shoes that have come detached from the soles and are unable to be worn. Also, I have other pairs of clark's that I am sure will follow suit. I "expect" clark shoes to remedy this situation ASAP; and, hope I won't be disappointed.

I prefer clark shoes for their comfort; but, will refrain from purchasing additional pairs and will discourage others from purchasing your shoes too unless my complaint is handled swiftly and to my satisfaction.
 22nd of Mar, 2009 by   la offield 0 Votes
Clark used to be my favorite shoe . The one purchased several years back are still together, however, the three pair that have been purchased in the last three years are falling apart.The soles have separated.
Will the company do anything about this lesser quality of workmanship?
They have lost an "old customer" .

L.J O. in San Antonio
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   Koni Byron 0 Votes
Today I attended an event and my soles started coming apart and trialing behind me were bits and pieces of the sole material - now that was embarrassing! At one time I thought Clark shoes were the best...not anymore. I have several more pairs of Clark shoes and I know the same thing will happen. Now this is the third pair that has come apart at the soles. Why are you not correcting this problem!! I will start buying Rockport in the future. Do something about this problem or get it off the market! Another customer lost...
 19th of Oct, 2009 by   Aeishaa 0 Votes
Sadly - I agree - my Clarks Originals sole disintegrated too.
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   Never Clark's again 0 Votes
Clark's shoes used to be my favorite. I have bought several pairs, some from the UK and some from outside the UK. Unfortunately, all of the shoe soles disintegrated, the brand-new and the used ones. Calling Clark's international in the USA, they informed they do not warranty their shoes even the unused models. Only, they can offer a 30% coupon. Calling Clark's international in UK they asked to send them the shoes for inspection and then they will decide. However, it is unrealistic to send it back, it will be only academic to send it back since it will be very expensive since Clark's is not willing to pay for shipping. Sorry, to hear that this is how business has evolved over time specially for quality products!

I guess just absorb the cost and NEVER BUY Clark's again.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   Clarks Lover +1 Votes
CLARKS PROBLEMS SOLVED!!! FYI - I, too, have worn Clarks for years - sudddenly several pairs started falling apart just below the stitching on the rubbery material. I've also had some crack open on the bottom. Clearly a manufacturing defect. HOWEVER, I called Clarks 800-624-7463 and requested an RMA. They are sending me a label to return the 4 defective pairs I know of and will replace them with the shoes of my choice!!! They told me to go online and pick them out and send a note in the box. I'm going home tonight to inspect all the remaining pairs in my closet and so are my friends. The Clarks rep told me they had some defective material in these older shoes and that the problem doesn't exist in the new ones. We'll find out!
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   Dixiedog2u 0 Votes
I was very disappointed how mine disintegrated in a matter of hours yesterday, albeit I have owned them for over ten years. This forum allowed me the information to call Clarks USA, pick out another pair of mules (mine was no longer available) and promised delivery by next Friday. All I can say is there few other companies that would honor their product like that, forget Nike or some other big name. I am impressed with their attitude and plan to shop online for another pair just because I know they stand behind their product.
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   Clarks Lover 0 Votes
Follow up from Clarks' Lover - when i called 12/1 and they promised to send the a return label, etc, HOWEVER, never received anything. Called again today, and mysteriously they had no record of my previous call. They took down all the information (up to 6 pairs now all falling apart in the same manner - stiching attached to rubbery soles detached). This time, the cust. service agent was much less agreeable about the returns. Although he is promising to send me a label to arrive within 10 days, tried to blame it on the age of the shoe. Since they all have the same exact problem, (and so many other people have experienced the same thing) it seems to clearly be a defect in the materials or manufacturing. We'll see what happens.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   Ben72 0 Votes
I have been writing Clarks for several months to obtain replacement shoes for two expensive pairs that fell apart. Inside the sole, the structure had completely disintegrated. I have probably owned 20 pairs of Clarks over the years, and presently have five pairs in my wardrobe. Clarks ' inappropriately named 'Customer Service', couldn't care less. I am extremely disappointed and believe that they should stand behind their products.
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   cb123UhOh 0 Votes
I just made a comment about my sole splitting. I called customer service, and they asked me for a number inside the shoe. I gave it to them, and they are sending me a new pair! The call only took 5 minutes.
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   Clarks Lover 0 Votes
Final Followup from ClarksLover
Hooray! Today I found a BIG box from Clarks on my front porch. Inside were SIX pairs of shoes, including 2 pairs of boots. I had sent in the 6 defective pairs of clogs and filled out the RGA form I received with my top list of replacements - size, color, style. I am THRILLED with the replacements. Thank you Clarks - only wish I had called sooner and could have included the pairs I threw in the trash, too!
 16th of Apr, 2010 by   Debbie in Ventura, CA 0 Votes
I too love Clark shoes but two of my many pairs have the same sole problem where the stitching came away from the sole. I am going to call the number that "Clarks Lover" called and see if I can get replacement shoes.
I will get back with this forum.
 2nd of May, 2010 by   Marilyn H. 0 Votes
I called and gave them my style number and size. They said they didn't need the shoes back and are sending me a new pair, same style, but the sole problem has been addressed. It was fast, easy and pleasant. I will continue to be a Clark's customer. Way to stand behind your product, Clark's. Sorry others seem to have had negative experiences-but they seem to have addressed that too!
 4th of May, 2010 by   Mingdoi 0 Votes
I was at church and noticed that my right Clarks shoe had fallen apart. The sole detached from the top of the shoe as I was ushering. These were my Sunday shoes and occasionally worn.

Checked this site and called 800-624-7463 to discuss with the company. They were very helpful and had me choose a replacement pair to ship out free. I offered to send back the defective pair but they declined.

Quite remarkable! Will follow up if there are any additional replacement issues. But so far happy with their resolution.
 5th of May, 2010 by   Shoe customer 0 Votes
My 3rd pair of Clarke Shoes has this split sole problem under the ball of the foot. The uppers still look great but the sole of the shoe, under the ball of my foot, just cracked and split all the way across. They are about 2 years old and I wear them 9 or 10 times per month.

Beware Online Shoppers