logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
2. (4 mins ago)
OmanAir
refund
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau, 6309 Van Nuys Blvd Room 103, California Complaints & Reviews - commercial trailer parking violation

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau Contacts & Informations

City Of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

Posted:    Onnig Satamian

commercial trailer parking violation

city of Los Angeles parking violations bureau
Van Nuys ca 91401
6309 Van Nuys Blvd Room 103, California
lacity-parking.org
I was issued a citation for parking in front of my business on Foothill Blvd.
I have parked my van there beginning in May of 2008 with no issues.
On March 12th of 2009 at 9:29 PM, I was issued the violation #:2042035203 even though I was in compliance of the street sign.
The ticket mentions Municipal code section 80.69.1A as the reason for the violation which says that a commercial trailer/22 feet cannot be parked for a period of three hours or more.
The vehicle in question is passenger van and not a trailer!
Thanks in advance!
Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Sep, 2009 by   la parking senforcement scam 0 Votes
Los Angeles Parking Enforcement is a SCAM! It has been known for a long time that this is one of the easiest ways for the city to make money, as most citizens dont contest the tickets because of time or money concerns. So Los Angeles Parking Enforcement officers issue fraudulent tickets all the time, it is a known and documented practice. While some of these tickets are contested, the majority is not!

p.s.
anyone who tries to give you "valid" reasons for working as a parking enforcement officer is full of it! these people enjoy doing this, they enjoy seeing other people's suffering.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Wayne Roten 0 Votes
Dear Parking Personel,

On 01/11/10 I received a parking ticket for a NO PARK/STREET SIGN MC 80.69BS. On This day, I went to visit my mother who almost died after an internal bledding incident.

I'm not familiar with the area and noticed that the street signs were approximately a block away and covered by an over hanging trees. I didn't have a camera with me, or I would have taken photos.

Here I was trying to help someone who was ill and I get a $60.00 ticket. But above that was the location of the signs. They simply weren't visible, or I would have parked elsewhere.

I hope you can find it in your heart to cancel this ticket. Thank you, Wayne D. Roten

Citation No: 2062872604 Lic No: 4HMU-839 Address: 6512 Firmament Ave., Van Nys, CA 91406.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   homersimpson 0 Votes
So i have lived in this city for 4 months now and i cant wait to move back to the east coast... The parking bureau is the biggest scam i have ever seen in my life. something needs to be done about this, especially now since the economy is so bad and NO ONE can afford this shit. So since i have been here the entire 4 months... i have received almost 30 tickets, my car was towed away 3 times, one time because they were having a parade and i spent 2 hours trying to get to my street to park and i couldnt so i had to park a few blocks away. Also my car got impounded and i ended up paying about 3000 to get it out. Since i couldnt afford to pay it in full right away and they wouldnt give me a payment plan it continued to go up 35$ a day! When i finally got my car back a month later, believe me i was extremely cautious about where i parked but it wasnt enough... about a week after i got my car back i would go check my car about every 2 hours to make sure i didnt get a ticket and i also paid 10 to park in this parking lot near where i live but guess what?? the next day when i went to go get my car, they had it towed away because the guy forgot to put a sticker in it saying i paid and so i had to go back down to hollywood tow and pay 150 to get my car back.. think thats the end of it? nope. So i got my car came home and parked at a meter in front of where i live.. i put enough money in for 2 hours at 445pm, i went to go check my car at 6 and i had gotten ANOTHER ticket for being over a 2 hour time limit even though i wasnt over a time limit and there was still time left in the meter.
 12th of Dec, 2010 by   Parking Guru 0 Votes
THE POST AND POUND, NEWEST CREATIVE TRICKS BY LADOT.
I was extremely observant and careful at the time I parked, and my associates also were
fully aware and assisted me in finding a "safe" location in which to park due to this stupid shenanigan of a parade.
Upon exiting the vehicle, we even walked east to the start of the block and then turned around
and checked every sign post for parking restrictions from the first light post at Gower
to the west at Argyle St. We VERIFIED it was "safe" and "free" of any posted restrictions;
and continued walking to our destination (02:20 am 11/28/10).
At approx. 09:45 a.m. (11/28/10) we returned to the vehicles previous parked location and
found it had been removed and 3 huge, NO PARKING/TOW AWAY ANYTIME SUNDAY signs had been erected BETWEEN 02:15 a.m. and 09:45 a.m.;
This is insufficient notice per California Vehicle Code 22651 (m). To comply with CA Vehicle Code 22651 (m), Temporary signs indicating NO PARKING ANYTIME (SUNDAY), have to be securely posted in place at least 24 hours in advance or by 12:01 a.m. on 11/27/10 Saturday. PROBABLE CAUSE NOT MET, FIGHT IT!!!
We know and all verified there were NO SIGNS at the time we parked, especially not these
"billboard" sized ones, in place at eye level, including one at the exact location I parked.
(pic R-7 attached). This was NOT an oversight on my/our part, and fails to meet the probable
cause required before impounding vehicles based on temporary parking restrictions
 16th of Jan, 2011 by   FIRE INGRAM SER 2834 LAPVB 0 Votes
I am proud to announce that I won the tow hearing by LADOT City Examiner and will be getting a refund because my car was towed in violation of the law of 24 hours notice law vc 22651 (m) states; 24 hours must elapse FROM TIME THE TEMPORARY NO PARKING SIGN IS POSTED SECURELY IN PLACE UNTIL ENFORCEMENT CAN BEGIN, you cannot post a no parking sign at midnight and expect to start impounding cars at 3, 6, 10pm, and 24 hours is bullshit anyways, 5 days is reasonable notice, wtf? who says 24 hrs is reasonable. My next move is to sue for damages
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   cunt 0 Votes
These parking enforcement goons are the biggest crooks. They hand out fraudulent tickets to meet their "quotas" all the while, they themselves break the law, and park where ever they please. I once witnessed one of these officers park illegally in front of a meter with out paying and going into a shopping center for non-official buisiness. Check it out for yourself.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF_AigqskiU
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   omg! oh no you di'nt 0 Votes
Amazing! The crooks intentionally mis-write tickets to avoid being busted for not putting up signs 24 hours in advance. I won my hearing at the LA City Examiners office and when I got it in the mail, the reason was that the meter maid wrote the ticket with a slight variation to the wording on the sign, one that 99% of people would not catch. This was used to circumvent my allegation that signs were not placed in accordance with 22651 (m) even though thats the law quoted on the citation. Very slick way to scam a few hundred thousand extra dollars into the city kitty... can you say R.I.C.O.
 8th of Aug, 2011 by   gring 0 Votes
I parked on 5th street in downtown today @ 9:45am. The sign said 1 hour parking from 8am - 6pm. I return to my car @ 10:40am with time to spare. To my surprise, I have a nice red envelope from the City of LA Parking Enforcement for the violation of section MC 80.69BS (NO PARK/STREET CLEAN) with a comment of SP NP 10A 1P MON NPV APPX ADDRESS. I was ticketed @ 10:07 which is 22 minutes from the time I parked. This is ridiculous!!! Why offer 1 hour parking if they are still going to ticket people. Might as well have meters everywhere if the city is that desperate for money. Its better than scamming the people of their hard working money. I'm going to contest this ticket.

How To Create a Password Even Your Ex Can't Hack