logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (21 mins ago)
Yupptv.com
Next month charges before current month membership expiration
2. (42 mins ago)
Home Depot Stainmaster carpet
"StainEasy" carpet
3. (1 hr 22 mins ago)
SammyDress.com
Didn't receive my order!!!
4. (1 hr 33 mins ago)
GarciniaCambogiaburn.com
Company fooled me and my order hasn’t been provided
5. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Garcinia Cambrogia
Refund failure

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Citicard/Citicorp, Sioux Falls, South Dakota Complaints & Reviews - Credit rights for consumer

Citicard/Citicorp Contacts & Informations

and/or

Citibank Cards
Kansas City MO 64530

Dear Office of Comptroller of Currency May 17, 2009

My problem with Citi Bank Cards began May 13, 2007 when I was over charged by $4, 000.00 to move 350 miles from California to Arizona. The well known Customer Service Representative S.Larson denied my dispute. However prior to denying my claim. I had used my credit card so when they added the charges back on my bill without notice I was over my limit. I made my monthly payments on time and was paying more than what was required. Then in May, 2008 I received a notice form United Collection Bureau Inc. Citi Cards turned me over to this collection agency even though I was making my monthly payment on time. I sent them $1, 800.00 bringing my account balance to $3, 548.77 I was now current, and had nothing was past due. May 30, 2008 I received another notice from United Collection Bureau Inc. informing me I was in collection due to my past due account with Citi Cards. I called United Collection Bureau Inc. and Citi Cards to inform them that I was no longer past due and wanted my account taken out of collections immediately. I was rightfully upset because my account was current and this will affect my credit rating. I continued to make my monthly payments sending more than what was requested. July 15, 2008 I received a letter from Citicorp Credit Services requesting $340.30. The letter stated this was the minimum amount due. How can this be? I called immediately and spoke to G.Stevens and disputed the $340.30 and the letter I received from him. I received nothing more regarding this $340.30 and United Collection Bureau Inc. never sent me any more collection notices HURRAY!! So I thought.

Citi Cards was not done sending my account to collections. October 30, 2008 I received a notice from Academy Collection Service Inc. (ACS) stating I owed $3202.99 as of Oct. 31, 2008. I called Citi Cards however they had cut me off from calling. They would not accept my phone calls and the computer message directed me to call ACS. What is this? I am unable to contact my credit card company because they sent my account to collections unjustifiable for the 4th time? I then contacted ACS and sent a letter dated November 7, 2008 to ACS and Citi Cards with copies of my last four statements from June, 2008 to October, 2008 proving my account was current and I had nothing past due. In my letter I told them “To figure out what and why this keeps happening” and “I wanted a call explain the problem.” I also said “I expect Citi Bank Card and Academy Collection to fix my credit report!” I heard absolutely nothing from either ACB or Citi Card. I also tried to close this account and was told would have to pay the full amount to close my account. Neither company contacted me. Nothing new!

On November 19, 2008 I sent Citi Bank Card another letter informing them “I can screw up my own credit rating and really didn’t need their help.” I told them that “My account can stay in collections and I was no longer responsible for what was owed because of the following:”
1) Not talking to me when I called asking “Why my account was in collections?”
2) Not informing me as to why they sent my account to collections? Even after receiving my letter and statements showing my account was current?
3) When I tried contacting Citi Card and he computers message told me NOBODY WOULD SPEAK TO ME and to call the collection agency!!
4) Not investigating my dispute. Not reading any of the paperwork I sent as proof. My paper work was full proof I should have never been denied my $4, 000.00.
5) Not notifying or warning me that my dispute was denied and the charges I was credited would go back on my bill. NO NOTICE NO COURTESY.
6) I am tired of your unprofessional, unethical, and the games you played with MY life and my credit.

The main reason I am not willing to pay on this account is because Citi Bank Card blocked my calls and nobody at Citi Card would talk to me, call me or give any response or explanation. Not even during my dispute I would leave message and nobody would call me back. If I requested a phone call, no one ever contacted me instead they blocked my calls and that is why I do not owe them one red cent!

Then on March 1, 2009 Citi Bank Card sent me 13 envelopes all at once. My account has been turned over to collections. Citi Card has not contacted me nor have I received any statements, letters nothing from Citi Bank Card since November 2008. How does this make sense? My credit is ruined because of their poor, unprofessional, wrong, unethical, and dirty business practices.

First of all my Citi Card Services didn’t investigate my dispute. Had Citi Card read my papers they would have known that my moving company called “We Love to Move” has received an “F” with the BBB. The infamous S.Larson never read the information I sent along with 3 estimates from three other moving companies whose rates were $2, 000.00-$3, 000.00 less. I also sent a copy of a co-workers invoice that moved 2, 250 miles and paid a lot less than I did moving 350 miles. I disputed my moving charges with another credit card company and they honored my dispute.

I sent hard core evidence to S. Larson, had my evidence been read and handled properly my dispute would not have been denied. I have heard NOTHING from Citi Bank Card Since November 2008 and now I am being harassed by their collection agency for money they have had no interest in for 7 months. What am I to do?

But mostly because they’re so called Customer Service person S.Larson who seems to have been conjured up. S. Larson never signs her name but stamps her name on ever document sent from Citi Card. S. Larson never answers calls or returns messages. Why has nothing been done about Citi Bank Cards business practices? You must have received numerous complaints because I found thousands of complaints from people around the world on how unfair and immoral Citi Bank Card treats their customers. There are thousands of complaints against the S.Larson. These complaints were easy to find.
Why hasn’t something been done to help the consumer especially since my tax money helped them out of their financial mess? How come Citit Card doesn’t help their customers? Don’t we deserve to be bailed out in these tough times? They have no compassion and could care less about their customers. I sincerely hope my concerns are taken serious and many changes will be made in regards to Citi Bank Card.

cc:John Carey of CitiBank

Kansa City MO 64513

Witness Statement #1

To Whom This May Concern, 11/20/2008

This is regarding Citi Card/Citi Corp and how they disregarded Lori Kelsey’s phone calls.

November 2008 I Patrick O’Hara listened t the recorded messages from Citi Cards telling Lori Kelsey they were not accepting her calls and to contact the collection agency.

I Patrick O’Hara certify by my signature that the above statement(s) are true.

Kansa City MO 64513

Witness Statement #2

To Whom This May Concern, 03/02/2009

This is regarding Lori Kelsey receiving 11 envelopes from Citi Card/Citi Corp. all on the same day.

All 11 envelopes arrived on March 1, 2009 from Citi Card/Citi Corp

I Patrick O’Hara certify by my signature that the above statement(s) are true.

1040 Gardencrest Dr.
Kingman AZ 86409

Seidberg Law Offices, P.C.
Attorney at Law
2412 E. Campbell Ave.
Phoenix AZ 85011

Dear Joseph L. Whipple, June 11, 2009

Please be advised that the above account for Citibank is currently being challenged. I have sent numerous complaints to Attorney General(s), FTC, The Office of Comptroller Currency, FDIC, BBB, Consumer Affairs, US Justice Dept., Federal Reserve Complaint (OMB), Citibank, ARM Collections and John Carey of Citibank. Some of my complaints have been acknowledged and they have started their investigation(s). How long do these investigations take? I have no idea! I only know that Citibank’s business practices are unethical, unprofessional, unscrupulous inappropriate and criminal. The way they have treated and handled me and my account has been deceitful, fraudulent and disingenuous and I plan on contesting and disputing Citibank and their business practices.

Please let me know if you need or require any other information regarding my account.

Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Sep, 2009 by   Pam56 0 Votes
Citicorp Credit Services, Inc. required I miss a payment in order to put me on a payment plan. I asked them several months to put me on a payment plan, but after repeatedly being told I had to miss a payment in order for them to do so, I missed my July 18th payment. After I missed a payment they put me on a payment plan. The letter for the payment plan dated August 7th, 2009 stated the balance owed on the account as of July 23rd and sets up a 9.9% 58 month payment plan for $226.00. BUT they are reporting me late. They tell me I have to pay the payment I missed of $277.00 plus a $39.00 late fee which they've waived in order to not be reported late. I paid $51.00 so they wouldn't report me as late as they were reporting me as the customer service rep who waived the late fee told me to do. One customer service representative told me eventually I won't show late if I stay on the payment plan. the letter from Citi says, "Please pay the agreed upon amount even if a different amount is printed on your monthly billing statement." The customer service empoloyees I talk to tell me the agreement doesn't say it takes care of the late amount and at the same time they tell me if I pay the late amount it will reduce the number of payments I have to make. This makes no accounting sense. They contend they will continue to show me late until I make an additional payment which their own agreement tells me not to make.
The Federal Trade commission at 1-877-382-4357 says they need to receive more complaints to show a pattern of complaints to do anything.
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency 1-800-613-6743; www.helpwithmybank.gov says I first need to write Citicorp at 701 E 60th St N; Sioux Falls, SD 57117 and then if I receive no response file a complaint on line at their web site.
In the meantime, I'm being reported late even though I've done what they told me to do.
This is crooked and underhanded. And it makes no accounting sense that I'm to pay them ahead on the agreement in order to not be reported late. The Ally Bank commercials have it right; even a child can see through this.
Pam Lloyd-Camp
lloydcamp@bex.net
954 Phillips Ave.
Toledo, OH 43612
419-720-7387
If Citicorp, Home Depot has done this to you also, please complain to the FTC and Citicorp and the OCC.
Thank you.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   Robert Boyle 0 Votes
Lori: I applaud your efforts. I have been fighting a similar battle with Citi and was amazed to see many of the same criticisms of their practices. For one I agree, S. Larsen letters generally are not connected to the facts on the ground...meaning all the phone calls, letters, faxes offered have little to do with their responses.

I am just entering the "go get a lawyer stage" and went on line today to get a copy of the Card Agreement...guess what doesn't exist even though the new consumer bill of rights law will require it.

I personally believe their dispute department is designed to "frustrate", mis-state and manipulate cases to their benefit.

The Ral Cost of a New Car