logo

are they legitimate

CINERGY HEALTH PLANS
Louisiana
cinergyhealth.com
I HAVE TRIED TO LOOK UO THE LEGITAMACY OF THEIR COMPANY VIA THE DEPTS. OIF INSURANCE IN FLORIDA AND LOUISIANA . THEY DO APPEAR AS A COMPANY REGISTERED / LICENSED TO DO BUSINESS.

I HAVE ASKED THEIR ( CINERGY HEALTH ) PHONE REPS TO PROVE THEIR VALIDITY AND ALL I AM TOLD IS THAT JUST LOOK UP THEIR WEBSITE: CINERGYHEALTH.COM. I SEE NOTHING THAT PROVES THEY ARE LEGIT.

I AM SEEKING MEDICAL INSURANCE AND "THOUGHT" THEY APPEARED "REAL".

SEEKING SOME CONFIRMATION AS TO WHETHER I SHOUKLD CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH THEM

THANKS

LIONEL COX
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jan, 2009 by   Nancy Copeland +1 Votes
I'am very unhappy with this company. I have filed 2 claims with them and they have not responded in anyway. I call and they said they had never recieved the claims I filed in October
20th.So I refiled on January 5th.i have dropped this coverage. I paid them $50.00 application fee and paid them $236.00 for the months of July, August, September.And I cancelled it after that because my husband got me covered on his plan.But as for this Cinergy health i have not recieved not even so much as phone call.I'am in the procress now of getting in touch with the
insurance comisssoner for the state of Flordia.I'am a retired person and can not afford for this so called company to do this to me. Nancy Copeland Member # 250014554
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Val 0 Votes
I'm just finding out about the ins scams with Cinergy. A few days ago I signed up with a rep ins. It was $241 +50 nonrefundable fee. I cancelled today just wasted $50 since they say you can do in 10 days. Normally when I do computer orders I get a confirmation bk by email. I didn't with them plus they show their commercials here in NC.
 7th of Mar, 2009 by   sleepingbeauty 0 Votes
For Val: To help me understand what you're saying, what does Cinergy showing their commercials in NC have to do with it? I'm just curious because I'm thinking about getting the insurance from them . Thank you!
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   juliete montague 0 Votes
I am thinking of signing up for this plan and i just want to make sure they are legit please help me
 19th of Mar, 2009 by   mike 0 Votes
I had a policy with Cinergy also. BIG MISTAKE!!! After 8 months with them I found out that none of my Doctors in my home town new anything about this company nor would thet except there coverage. I needed surgery and was told by my physician and my hospital that they would not except Cinergy coverage. I called customer service and left a message asking why and got no response from anyone.

Mike
 30th of Mar, 2009 by   gcopeland52 0 Votes
Beware of Cinergy Heatlh, Inc! Their documentation states that you can cancel within 10 days of the beginning of coverage (in my case 03/01/09). When I called to cancel on 03/10/09 they clearly stated I was within the grace period and I would either need to send a postmarked cancellation request or FAX in the request, so I faxed it in. I later called on 03/13/09 to confirm the status of my cancellation request and I was told then that I would receive a refund within 2-3 business days. When I called back today (03/30/09) to find out why I hadn't received my credit they conveniently changed the date of my first call to cancel to 03/11/09, the day after I faxed in my cancellation request. I'm now being told that I wasn't due a refund and that I hadn't been told I was going to get a refund. Basially they're saying I'm a liar, but it's Cinergy Health that's lying. Be very wary of this company. They will do anything to avoid returning refunds.
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   Tom 0 Votes
Thanks for the feedback, I'm researching this, like many companies...I like many people are looking for BASIC medical insurance for me and my wife. She's 32 and I'm 40. We're looking for something that includes pregnancy and any help would be appreciated:)

Tom
tdp1018@gmail.com
 4th of Apr, 2009 by   CInergy Health 0 Votes
Cinergy Health is a scam. The underwriter is American Medical & Life Insurance Company. Cinergy Health is just a marketing company.
As a former employee I can tell you they: DO not pay the claims. They will give you a major hassle to refund any monies. You are sold insurance by unlicensed agents many times.

The insurance is run out of a call center in South Florida. The employees are treated badly, the clients are treated worse.

Stay away... the commercials are a bait and switch ... this is the very worst insurance you can get.

Oh and they will not pay your pregnancy claims... ever.
 5th of Apr, 2009 by   true 0 Votes
Scary, I suppose I should have read the reviews ten minutes before I signed up, not ten minutes after! I'm calling to cancel RIGHT NOW! If it sounds too good to be true...
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   Angel 0 Votes
I am proud of all of you for standing you ground.
I got scammed also. I ended up contacting the bank
it was a big hassle & I only got some of the $$$ back.
They are just as bad as telemarketers..People are so gulible, these employees are paid to con you out of your$$$ & yes 80% aren't even liscenced.
We become desperate & some of us will
l listen to what they say, and believe..Well in my opinion they are like leaches sucking the blood out of
consumers like ourselves. Are they legitimate????NO.
Another company to stay away from is Qualified
Health...Seriously!!! Angel
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   itsclose 0 Votes
Wow...thank you for alerting me to this apparent scam! I was just about to sign up for it, when I got the idea to do a search of Cinergy reviews or complaints. This is how I found your valuable site. Unfortunately, with this wrecked economy, many kinds of scams will increase and get trickier to spot. I am sorry for those of you who have lost money to these criminals. Thank you again for helping to prevent others, like me, from getting caught in their nets.
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   Toni 0 Votes
Thank you one and all for your comments. I too was considering Cinergy Health, and came online to check it out, and noticed something about it being a scam, then read all your comments. How sad that people are making money by scamming others. Hopefully, they will be stopped before others get scammed by them.
 29th of Apr, 2009 by   KBN8 0 Votes
I too want to thank the other posters. I was thinking about trying Cinergy. These kinds of sites is what makes the internet such a wonderful resource.
 1st of May, 2009 by   LisaWolf +1 Votes
I was doin some searchs for my sister cause she has no insurance. I found one place that suggested doing an "AM Best" search and I did and they aren't even listed in "AM Best" I don't know if I did the search wrong or not though. But the only "Cinergy" I did find was "Cinergy Risk Solutions Ltd" so I don't know. I'd steer clear of em, sounds like a bad company
 5th of May, 2009 by   Fergie 0 Votes
I spoke with a Cinergy Insurance Representative and after talking to him about 2 minutes, I just knew something wasn't right. The first indication was he called me on a Sunday morning at 10:00 am, not normal business hours. He talked really fast and only told me about the $241 policy. I had did a little research before calling and knew about the $189 policy. I asked him how I would know if the doctor I went to accepted this insurance. He said, "oh we will send you a list of doctor's after you pay". My point is, if something doesn't feel right, don't give them your money. Sorry to those who got scammed. At least this website will help others. Thanks
 8th of May, 2009 by   Gary 0 Votes
Well, Well, Well,
I am glad I came across this site. Last year I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, then had brain surgery July 31st, 2008. I am now on social security disability. I am paying for cobra insurance from my last job. The cobra will run out in March of 2010...the medicare kicks in on social security in October 2010. I was going foe cinergyhealth after seeing the ad on the television here in Md. It looks good takes care of existing injuries ans the low cost. I looked too good to be true, I am glad I came across this. My cobra insurance is only 320.00 a month but everything is paid 100%. Now my prescription drugs cost my nothing after 10, 20, 30 and 50 bucks in copay.
It it a shame I'll have about 7 months gap between the insurance. If anyone knows an insurance who can help me out, thank you and email me. Hdynaglide96@hotmail.com

Gary
 11th of May, 2009 by   Cindy 0 Votes
WOW! Looks like I just escaped a scary story...not 2 seconds after I entered my contact name and number, my phone rang. You have to admit, as desparate as we all are for quality health insurance, its so easy to fall prey to these fast talking sales operators that also need to make a living for themselves! Thanks for all the info and stories everyone shared! I feel content to stay where I'm at, all of the sudden!
 12th of May, 2009 by   poley2009 0 Votes
Glad I read this first also - we are paying a phenomonal amount of money ($1200/month) for our insurance with a high deductible and still spend hundreds of dollars a year on services that are not covered.
I am forgoing necessary screenings and tests because I can't afford them so in essence my health is compromised even with health insurance. Everytime I see an ad for a company such as Cinergy or Assurant Health, I check online for complaints and they are full of them.
Is there NOT a good insurance plan out there that is affordable and will take a female in her 50's with pre-existing conditions.
It is scary to let my present health insurance go but I have gone through all my savings and don't know a good alternative.
Health Insurance is a major problem in this country - can't afford not to have it and can't afford to have it ... what's the solution?
 15th of May, 2009 by   Patient Advocate 0 Votes
I can certainly understand everyone's frustration as my Mother had to deal with similar situations while fighting for her right to health care in order to treat her Stage 4 Lung Cancer. She would have never been able to do it on her own as she, like most other folks, did not know what resources were available to assist in making sure the insurance carriers remain compliant. After having to deal with that personally, I began to realized that my Mom was not the only person facing those tough insurance issues. Therefore, I wanted to post this to let folks know there are Patient Advocates available to help battle the insurance companies on your behalf.
If you need help getting your claims processed and paid but are unsure on how to go about that at this time; you can email me, a Patient Advocate (wendymgerdesmba@yahoo.com), for advice or help with insurance related problems. I can assist in the Houston, TX., Los Angeles County and Ventura County, CA areas.
I would be happy to help anyone in need of assistance with regard to their insurance and getting claims paid timely.
 16th of May, 2009 by   redw 0 Votes
OK! I guess I won't be getting insurance from Cinergy! Better call my sister in-law too, since she told me about them. Patient Advocate, can you get me the name of a local patient advocate in SC? I'll e-mail you to see if you can help. Thanks to all those who have posted, you are helping to save a lot of folks from the scammers!! redw

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States