logo

CineChest.com

Posted: 2013-01-25 by

Trial scam

CineChest.com
CineChest.com give a 5days trial to test the service but never talk about the fee after trail finishes. They charge automatically $49.99!!! I never saw a movie because all of them are really old maybe because they don't pay copyrights for them. Stay away!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
What did you do about it when they charged you $49.99? I was charged this today and I didn't sign up for it at least not intentionally. I'm just wondering what to do next.
 4th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hello Marie 263 !
I have exactly same problem. Cinechest has charged a couple of weeks ago me also 49.95 USD. I have never used their services, and it seems to be impossible to cancel account, because I cannot open cinechest´s "SUPPORT"-site ...
 11th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
This is definitely a well design website for ripping people off. I sign in & cancelled on the same day today. Although given 5 days Premium free trial, I also pay $0.95 for Unlimited Downloads, kind enough to donate $0.99 for the Red Cross and also had to pay $0.99 online convenience cancellation fee because I decided not to call overseas to USA or Canada.
There's around 30 movies ranging from the 1950s to 1970s which in this modern day is considered really OLD. The so called Streaming movies stutters, regularly pauses intermittently and quality isn't up to 720p either.
WHAT A LEGITIMATE SCAM!
I wonder who is policing the net now?
 13th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
This site is fraud and should be prosecuted immediately. If I don't get every penny back then I will see that the ball gets rolling with me. I will not just let them do this to people and help from pirate bay and other sites alike should do their part in stopping ththis instead of sending us to them. We shall see but I'm not just talking
 13th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I sure hope they can defend what they are doing cause I'm going to move forward on charges. 100% fraud and false advertisement. Let's all do this together
 13th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I sure can feel your frustration Charliebeckham. I had to immediately call my bank to cancel my credit card just to be safe.
Why is this website still be allow to advertise??? Really dodgy!
 7th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
i have the same problem.i went to my bank to report and refund 41 euros.the bank told me that i have to wait 15 days and if nothing happens, we'll make a complaint to the police to track this site.
 30th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
I dont have a problem because I searched on google for reviews and complaints and was directed here. I am not signing up!!!
 15th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have had similar problem, which signing up for the trial offer, there was no mention of automatic debit of fees on a monthly basis from my credit card. This is a BIG FRAUD !! I want all my money back from this company.
 3rd of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
i was shocked to find a $49.95 charge on my credit card bill this month for something called CineChest. I called the phone number shown on my bill and after a long tree of menu options I was finally able to talk to a rep and he cancelled my account (I hope they follow through). He told me I signed up for it 4 months ago and he told me the password I created. Sure enough it sounded like a password I would have created. I vaguely recall trying to find a certain Seinfeld episode at Project Free TV and think I was re-directed to CineChest from there. But I sure as hell don't remember giving them my credit card info or being aware I was donating $50 a month to them after a 5-day free trial. I do remember the Seinfeld episode never downloaded, the icon just spun for 15 minutes, and I gave up trying. Four months later and voila! I have given away $200 for absolutely nothing in return. The automated recording on their phone menu tree states repeatedly that no refunds are given. If there is ever a class action lawsuits against these crooks, I want in.
 21st of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I was charged four months of $50 in roll without noticing. that's $200 I can donate to Wikipedia. Their site only contains really old movies and I was told that my membership was valid until 17th of June, 2015 and I tried to look through the library hoping to find anything of interest. But NOTHING! Never heard of those. I vaguely recall searching for something old movie and ended up in the turmoil. And I do no recall receiving any emails after the trial period ended nor did I receive a receipt for the charges placed on my card either. I immediately phoned the number on the website and cancelled my subscription. What a costly lesson! I want in if there is a legal prosecution against the spam website!!!

Credit Card Cloning