logo

scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Complaints & Reviews - Selling a service and not providing it

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Contacts & Informations

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics

Posted: 2011-12-16 by    Boltices

Selling a service and not providing it

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics
I was told that if I switch from Insightbb.com to Zoomtown.com I was going to save a lot of money and I would have a better service. I was told that the technician who came to install the fioptics would switch my e-mails, addresses and even send a message to all my contatcs advising them of my new e-mail. Well the technician came and install the internet and the t.v. but he knew nothing about the e-mail, he said that was not part of his job to call technical support, which happens to be in the Philippines. I have spent over 2 weeks trying to make the so-called "true-switch"; have talked to numerous technical support agents and have spent hours with them and the switch was not done. Now I get a call from them telling me that the true-switch can not be made because my old provider is not compatible with Zoomtown!!! How can Cincinnati Bell go around selling a service they won't provide!!! They new I was with Insight before. I was told to just forward my emails to my new one!!! This is not acceptable and it is lack of integrity.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Dec, 2011 by   CincyBell 0 Votes
Hi Boltices,
My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and we're happy to help switch your email addresses. Please email your account # to cincinnati.bell@fuse.net

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell
 27th of Feb, 2012 by   S-electrical +1 Votes
I was making the switch to Fioptics on Sat. Feb. 26th, the technician came out at noon to do the install, So started my problems. He was at the pole on the road for an hour, then came in the house to install the internet, cable and phone. after spending four hours in my house on sat eve. he said he was done, no information on how things worked, IE, remote control, Email, and channel setup. He was actually on his way out the door, and my wife said our phone was not working. He came back in, brought his tools back out, tested the phone line, said "Uh, it was working an hour ago" I said well it's not now! after another HOUR, he said I need to go down the street and check the main distribution box. He came back 15 min. later, said they would have a different crew repair it Monday morning. Well, this monday morning has come and gone, they say now it will be tommorrow. And my TV, the package I signed up for, $110mo. Well, I'm missing 11 channels I am supposed to have, after calling INDIA, they had me on the phone for 35min. just figuring out who, and where I was!!! This is final !!! I'm sticking with INSIGHT!!! Anyone reading this, DO NOT GO TO CINCINNATI BELL. IT IS A RIP-OFF BIG TIME...
 23rd of Apr, 2012 by   kc317 0 Votes
Terrible experience. The tech, who mentioned he had only been on the job for 2 weeks came to our home on April 14th to install the service at 9am. After messing around until nearly 5pm with no results he finally called for help after telling us that our phone line connection from the box to the house was bad and he would have to have someone else come dig it up and replace it. Two other techs arrived and proceeded to finally get the service operational after fixing the mistakes the original tech made...had nothing to do with the phone cable from the street box to our home. It was raining outside and during the time they were in and out of our home they did not bother to wipe their feet and tracked mud all through the living room carpet...I let it go and was just glad to have them out of our home since it had taken the entire day to get the service operational. They had to exchange one cable box due to the optical audio sound did not work. Also, I did notice that the tech installing our cable box to the TV ran through the setup really quickly and I caught that it was set to 720 instead of 1080. I asked him about this and he said to "not worry about it". Now wait a minute, we paid for 1080 signal and that was one of the selling points of this service. I got online and found the codes to get into the box setup and fixed it myself. Now...the next day all is well until mid afternoon when the TV starts freezing and skipping. Called support, which by the way is outsourced to some foreign country, and was told to reset the box which I had already done multiple times to no avail. They said they'd send a tech out...the guy came and tested everything and said he could find no problem. Came in and did a factory reset on the cable box and again, it defaults to 720. I left it alone this time. An hour later the same problem, freezing/skipping TV signal. We called once again, had a tech out the next day, could not find anything wrong. Keep in mind that we are using a brand new HDMI cable from the box to our HD TV which had no problems with our previous provider. Finally we got fed up and decided to terminate the service and return to our previous carrier. We could not get anyone to come get the equipment so we had to take our own time to drive it to the Cincinnati bell store to return it. Now they are attempting to charge us $15 for the 3 days we had the service that never did work...ridiculous...one of the worst experiences we have encountered in quite some time from any company.
 11th of Jun, 2012 by   Karen Helton 0 Votes
They took away Soap Net Channel so bummed It was the first thing I asked when getting the Fioptics it was great till you took it away now I have to figure out what to watch they can take away The Cooking channel since they have The Food Network why have two of those channels just saying
 29th of Jul, 2012 by   blondeness032 0 Votes
I have had a hard time getting used to the guide but other than that, we got everything we were promised. After a couple of months we started having problems. The repair person came out and had to redo everything, he even had to get someone from another department out to put in a new connection from the pole. This took hours but once they were all finished, the service worked great (again) and we have not had any more trouble.
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   monkeysontheroof 0 Votes
I have problems from day 1. The tv freezes and skip.The available times for service are while I work. The communication between departments is zero and if they note accounts no one reads the notes. I know I have spent at least ten hours of my life on hold. For example this evening my phone reads 1 hour and 2 mins. The services that were purchased are still not operating eg. viewing recorded programs in every room. Tonight 2 of the tvs do not work. I am on hold with the phone number provided on the non working tv. There have been four tecs to my home since June 22 and when I call in the recording recognizes that I have made multiple phone calls..I must admit tat last week A tec was scheduled to come to my home at 6:30...too bad he called while I was working and didn't let me know the appointment had been canceled. I called and got through and was assured the next evening a tec would be here. I had a message that he would be here around 3:30. Too bad I wasn't home from work yet. I thought this was a communication company. No one has called...Customer service is not a high point in the company... The product Fioptics needs a lot of work. My advice is stay with whatever company you have and far away from Fioptics. If yo want to hear the same BS over and over just call customer service. Apparently they are all told to say the same things and can't think outside the box. I have asked if they note the accounts... the next problem is that if the accounts are noted no one reads the notes. I have spoke to reps, tecs, supervisors and more. My tv still does not work and no one is listening! I got a bill for my first mo service and that was suppose to be free, I was told to contact the sales person.UGH...If you are reading this understand I just can't explain ALL the mishaps that have occurred. I have not had 1 week of good service.
 24th of Aug, 2012 by   JMONT747 0 Votes
I have had 5 techs trying to correct my start-up with fiops. Installed 7/23 ..5th tech yesterday 8/23 (Supv.).TV still freezes .
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Gail1943 0 Votes
We have also had problems with Fioptics TV service. The TV skips and freezes all day long plus the voice is never with the lips. I've spoken to the customer service person about the voice problem. The had me unhook the Wifi box and then plug it in again...this worked for that time but it just happens again later. I have not called about the skipping and freezing.
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   slowmedown 0 Votes
I have spent the last hour reading reviews and complaints about fiops.I gota laugh thinking of switching from time warner.
Cincinnati Bell touts this new system as being just short of heaven sent NOT.Guess i'll keep gettin screwed by TW untill someone really comes up with a viable option
 30th of Oct, 2012 by   Stancy 0 Votes
If it were not for the price, I would not have switched. It is very frustrating. Our tv also skips and it takes or ever to "load". When we had ours installed we experienced the same frustration. No help. Lost all our email addresses. The latest issue was our security system. It "blew up". We had Dial One security and were told by the 'tech" who came out that the system was not compatibl with our home phone via Cincinnati Bell Fioptics. Not sure if that is correct but nothing else had changed. Anyone else have that problem?
 12th of Nov, 2012 by   Burgs87 0 Votes
Cin Bell Fioptics has been nothing but problems. We have had it for about 6 months. It has been a nightmare, not only with customer/repair services but with the service itself. We have to reboot the signal atleast 3 times a day. It is so regular that I have trained my 6 year old how to do it. We are going back to Time Warner because I am tired of dealing with unplugging, rebooting, disconnecting, reconnecting just for my family to watch TV. We originally did the switch to save money but I would rather pay a little more and not have issues like we have had. I would never recommend the Fioptics product to anyone.
 19th of Nov, 2012 by   jrjpnj2012 0 Votes
Had fioptics TV and Internet (FTTN) installed in May 2012. Had problems like everyone else from day one. Signal loss, screen freezes, audio not synced, and pixelated screen. Ran speed tests during outages and bandwidth dropped off to 2-4 mbps. I don't even want to talk about the poor customer service. Eventually had two techs come out to resolve issues which I already knew was a Fiotics network issue. Both times Fioptics tech could find nothing wrong in the house or at the curb. I knew CB Fioptics was wasting my time. I guess I thought they might figure it out that they had a network issue and resolve it. I was wrong in my assumption. I gave up and dropped the Fioptics TV and kept the 10mbps Internet. It's bad enough to pay for hundreds of channels I do't even watch. TWC and CB Fioptics made it easy for me to cut the cable cord. Over pricing, poor service, and no ala carte. I watch over the air HDTV, Netflix, and Walmart VUDU.
 21st of Dec, 2012 by   Berry Fiscus 0 Votes
Im glad to have read some of the reviews here as I have been unable to get fioptics installed in my home after taking of work on 2 different days now. The first install appointment I was told I would have to do some of the wiring myself since my patio covered most of the rear of house and service is underground. I did the work and rescheduled. Today I took off work and waited for installer. I was told they would call before arriving and should be out around 8 AM. After making 2 calls to them and given excuses both times I called a third time and was told they would need to reschedule. 2 lost days of work so far would I want to schedule another. If that there idea of service maybe the bumped service install date was for the best.
 19th of Jan, 2013 by   mamaklayer 0 Votes
I live in Harrison, Ohio. We have had Cincinnati Bell Fioptics in our house since they first installed in Harrison. The technician was great made sure everything worked and that we understood how to work the TV and made sure the cable was up and running. But since that time, we have had to call them once or twice a month to have them reboot our system. I called on January 18, after talking to a person I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for 30 minutes, I hung up. I called again and asked for a supervisor and waited only 5 minutes. That person told me to unplug the cable box and the router give it a few seconds and have a nice day. That was all I got from the supervisor. It took me longer to hold, 5 minutes, than to talk to a supervisor. Now for the 3rd day in a row, I turn the TV on and get no signal. I had talked to a field representative and somehow he got it to work, but every time we turn off the TV we get no signal when we turn it on. I hate calling for assistance because they were rude. I guess I will call for a repair order today.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   callowaydavis 0 Votes
i called cincy bell on sun to request a new movie channel, it took 4 more calls back to ask why my request was not initialed, each time i called changes were made to my account, all of them wrong, and each time i was told my bill would be lowered d/t a great offer, but I NEVER GOT MY ORDER STRAIT on day 3 alll my cable channels were turned off and all i had was movie channels. this service makes me miss time warner cable and i never thought i would say that!!!
 8th of Apr, 2013 by   rocky457 0 Votes
After receiving several sales calls from Bell promoting the "great price and services of Fioptics", I finally agreed to have it installed. I've had it for 3 days. My laptop won't connect to the internet at all. When I committed the apparently heinous act of unplugging the tv, it took over an hour to get it back up and running. Last night the wireless signal was gone completely and it took 12 hours to get it back. I've tried to call customer support twice. The first time I was on hold for 45 minutes before I gave up and the second time I gave up after 20.
 16th of May, 2013 by   GC123 0 Votes
I live in Cincinnati and Fioptics has been a disaster. I wish they had never came to my door offering this service. We had to wait over a month for them to install it because the installers were untrained and unqualified to do the proper set up. I should have known then this was not going to get better. It hasn't. The service has been installed it is awful. I can't even watch TV at all. My picture skips, there is lag, its pixilated, it freezes, the set top box won't connect to network, my remote doesn't put out a signal...on and..on. The support is the worse I have ever experienced. Hope you like talking to Asians because its all outsourced, they don't have a clue. Whatever you do, stay away from Fioptics, at least until they get a chance to get established and work out the bugs. Sorry!
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   Weesie70 0 Votes
We signed up for Fioptics a year ago. We were sold on the whole house DVR at a lot less price than Time Warner or DirectTV. After multiple calls because of screen freezing and and the whole house DVR not working a technician was sent out. Low and behold, fiber optics cable has not been run down our street, we are getting Fioptics through the old phone lines. We can't use whole home DVR or DVR and watch multiple shows at once. We were told they would be running the new fiber optic cable last fall. One year later, no fiber optic cable and I have made no less then 3 calls since the fall asking for a date when they would be run on our street, still no answer. Yes my service is discounted $10 per month but I am at a point to switching back to Direct or checking out Time Warner. I just want what I signed up for.
 1st of Aug, 2013 by   Wengwalk 0 Votes
We have had cable tv, Internet and phone service through them. I have made so many calls to these people it's not funny. The signal constantly goes out, and we have had the techs come out about 7 times now in two years. They fix it for a while but then same old problems, screen freeze, etc. Actually my cable is not working right now. There is a 3+ hour wait time to talk to someone. Wish I would have never switched, this service is a joke, and they do not care that their service sucks.
 7th of Aug, 2013 by   Whittle 0 Votes
We switched to Cinti Bell Fioptics a year ago because we were told that we could get a better rate than with Time Warner. Well, we got a better rate for about a year and then it went up higher than it was with TW. We often have trouble getting on certain things on the internet. Regarding e-mail, I used to be able to get into my zoomtown email and just check the box in front of each mail that I wanted to delete and I could delete all of them at once. Now the boxes to check are not there anymore so I have over 1100 e-mails that I have to delete by clicking on the one to delete, hitting delete and waiting for them to deleter ONE AT A TIME. Do you know how long this takes? FOREVER!! Please help or I will have to go to another provider.

Simple Ways to Save $1,000