logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (48 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money
3. (48 mins ago)

Posted:    Robert

Terrible company

Cincinnati Bell
cincinnatibell.com
I have been using Cincinnati bell for many years. I have had few problems with their wireless services till now, usually they can take care of them within reason. However this time everyone I have contacted seems dumbfounded. I bought a Sony k550i about a year ago for over $200. Now I wish to give it to my son so he can stay in contact with his new wife who is in he Navy and just deployed to the Middle East. IT IS LOCKED TO CINCINNATI BELL, and they refuse to unlock it. It is MY phone and the kicker is, if I can unlock it I plan to buy the Blackberry Curve FROM THEM and set it up to use wi-fi!!! A $300 phone!!!

Can anyone explain to me why, after you move on to a newer model phone your old one MUST be thrown in the trash? Why can't it be unlocked and given to someone else who can't afford a phone as nice and who desperately needs it? He lives in Virginia Beach and uses Cingular.

They act as though they can't unlock it and I know thats not true, there are plenty of unlocking programs online but no-one wants to try it with a Cincinnati Bell phone.

I am interested in a class action suit against any and all cell phone companies who lock their phones. There is already legislature working its way through the ranks to make it illegal. If I buy a car at a dealership I do not have to fill it up with gas there forever...
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Feb, 2010 by   Brian Jackson 0 Votes
I agree. Cincinnati Bell Wireless is a very deceptive and poorly run company. Their bottom line is to save money at whatever cost. I signed up with them about two months ago and have nothing but problems with their network. Avoid them at all costs. I have a new Blackberry with them and constantly have dropped calls, poor voice quality where it cuts out and echoes, network busy messages, missed text and voice messages, and picture messages that won't go through. Literally everyday, there is something not working on their network. It is very unreliable. Plus, the coverage in the Cincinnati area is very poor. There are many dead zones throughout the city. Try to call their joke of a customer service line. You have to wait at least 30 minutes for a live person that doesn't speak english and who isn't willing to help you. If you go out of town to say Columbus, Ohio or Charleston, West Virginia you will not be able to send or receive text or picture messages. It's ridiculous. You pay good money for their text plan and you can't even use it everywhere. This company is a joke.
 7th of Sep, 2012 by   Larry Spruill 0 Votes
CINCINNATI BELL ARE CROOKS!!!
My wife has a prepaid phone from them and she needed more minutes. So she calls to get more minutes. She paid $37.10 for Minutes with her Bank debit card. They never gave her the minutes and took the money out of her checking account. She called customer service and all they did is play dumb plus they are foreign and she could not under stand them. They told her the did not take money from her checking account. She had to call her bank to get help we are still fighting to get her money back are just add the minutes she paid for.
 7th of Jan, 2013 by   KYgirl2010 0 Votes
I agree. I have been a customer with Cincinnati Bell for almost 2 years now. Every time I call their customer service line I am put on hold for a long time, transferred to the wrong department, etc. When I finally get to talk to a live person they are never able to help me and tell me to call a different number which brings me back to the same person. In addition, I have had a lot of problems with my Internet service and getting a technician to come to my house to fix it. I am moving to another apartment within my complex and it does not recognize my address on the website even though I am a current customer!! I am considering switching to another provider when I move. I would strongly discourage anyone from signing a contract with this customer. I have never experience worse service from a company before.
 20th of Jun, 2013 by   Jeanine859 0 Votes
Cincinnati Bell is the worst company I have ever dealth with. They have left my 90 year old grandfather without phone service for going on ten days due to their own mistake! I can contacting the Secretary of State as well as the Better Business Bureau.

3 Ways to Bring Customers to Your Small Business