logo

Posted: 2011-11-10 by    furious in indiana

Disability Insurance

Cigna
Texas
I am angry and want people to know what CIGNA is doing. I know the lawsuits, court documents and horror stories found on the Internet are not imaginary. As CIGNA has done with so many others: My short-term disability was denied for no good reason. I have the same story as everyone else does: PAPERWORK! I think if anyone mentions paperwork to me again, I will scream! I will not bore anyone the rest of the details, just go to complaint boards and websites and read what others have said. I suggest that everyone who has been wronged by this company go to every media organization they can think of, the more complaints the better. You should also go to your state Insurance Commission. Last resort: I have been forced to hire an attorney.
I am on the verge of losing my job & am in severe financial distress due to this company denying me.

Furious in Indiana
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Nov, 2011 by   Down, but not yet out in MN 0 Votes
I to am another victim of Cigna, I am unable to work due to a progressive form of RA which has been non responsive to treatment with numerous other secondary disease complications. Upon my initial phone conversation the 1st question I was asked was does your Dr. think this will be a short or long term leave? I now realize that is their first determining factor for if we will be approved or denied. My reason for denial is my Dr did not supply enough evidence of disability. I asked them to please call my Dr to ask specifics and with much arguing they agreed and let me know that they are going the extra mile doing so. 24 hrs later I was informed my case was closed due to lack of evidence, I asked if they spoke to my Dr they said no we gave her 24 hrs to respond and they had not heard from her, I found out later my Dr was not in office that day.
I could go on forever with numerous unprofessional practices I have endured but it would take
far to long, but I will say I have contacted an attorney and my hopes are Cigna will not get away with this totally criminal business practice they are subjecting those of us that paid for what we thought of as security if God forbid we found ourselves in a time of need. Please to everyone else that Cigna is criminally victimizing in this way, get a lawyer now, stand up for yourself and all of Cigna's victims and fight! Let's all not let them get away with this.
Down, but not yet out in MN.
 6th of Dec, 2011 by   furious in indiana 0 Votes
None needed. That says it all about Cigna. People need to go to the media.

Earning More on Your Savings