logo

Church in the Son
John Young Parkway
Orlando, Florida
citsfamily.com
I have visited this church several times, and was disappointed each time. The people I came into contact with were snobby and not at all friendly (except for the greeter, but it is his or her job to be nice). One time I came in just as the service was starting and could not find a seat. There were empty seats, but whenever I asked the person next to the empty seat if I could sit there, I was told "sorry I'm saving this seat for someone." (The "someones" never showed up). I finally asked an usher to find me a seat. He found an empty seat and asked the lady "is this seat taken?" She rolled her eyes and said nothing. She did not speak to me or greet me during the part of the service where people shake hands and say hello. Other times when I visited, I arrived early and sat there by myself, no one around me even acknowledged me or asked if I was a guest or needed help. This is a huge church and filled with a majority of wealthy people, guess I'm beneath them because I am middle class! The pastor drives a Jaguar and drives up in front of the church after the service to say goodbye, and of course show off his ride. He wears tons of gold jewelry.
I did not feel like a welcomed guest at this church. Also this is a charismatic church so if you do not like LOUD music and people dancing in the aisles, waving hands, or people babbling in tongues, go elsewhere. One time I got freaked out because the lady next to me started waving her hands in the air and babbling "ba ba be be bo bo" over and over.

Comments United States Society & Culture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jun, 2009 by   exie -1 Votes
psychos!
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   randyo29 +1 Votes
I have been attending Church in the Son for about 3-4 months. I have never encountered what this person is referring to. This church is amazingly friendly, has the best childrens ministry I have ever seen, and I have definately grown spiritually since attending. Also, the ba-ba-ba-be-bo remarks from this person probably give a good clue on why they never made friends with anyone. Who wants to befriend someone with a heart like that. Anyway, I hope that they will find a church that meets their likeness. Godbless.
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   Don Juan DeMarco 0 Votes
Amazing such a site exists. I'm sure it has a purpose but, when fools are allowed to banter and lie about a church such as this, ... it makes me a bit upset. You see, I've been going to this church for about four years now. I have no idea what the writer is talking about. In fact, the Orlando Weekly Newspaper who is NOT church friendly, ... named this the "friendliest church in Orlando."

A few other corrections, ...
1. Pastor Alex does drive a Jag. He bought it used and it was five years old when he bought it.
2. Pastor Alex wears a wedding ring and a simple watch, nothing fancy. Never has!
3. Name a church or sporting event or concert where people are not saving seats. Give me a break!

Sad that some will find the opportunity to ramble and cast doubt on such a place as this. As far as churches go, it is the best I've been to. It must pretty good, nearly 4, 000 call it home.
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   livingwithpassion -1 Votes
I am so sorry that this person felt that way and I would ask her to give it another try with a clean heart!!! Its appears that she has been hurt and was looking for a place where she would feel comforted. However, it goes both ways. Everything is NOT all about us. What if the person next to her needed someone to talk to just as well or needed someone to acknowledge him/her???? This person herself to be selffish and not thinking about anyone else but herself. You too have to make the effort to reach out of your comfort zone and meet people. Why couldn't see have introduced her self while she sat there. See, that is what is wrong with most people, they want everyone to come and baby them!!! Get over it now!!! You needed to start reaching out to people instead of wanting people to reach out to you. Pastor Alex was a business man and it is perfectly ok for him to wear a watch and his ring. Have you ever heard about speaking in tongues??? It is in the Bible!!! May the LORD heal your heart of all the pain and brokeness you have inside and may He help you to love with a clean heart my.
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   livingwithpassion -2 Votes
I think the person was saying who wants to be friends with her because she as criticizing the way the woman next to her was worshiping. Her comment appeared to be "mocking" the woman. I don't agree with that comment. But, I do agree that the person in the complaint appeared to have issues because she was critical of everything. I have NEVER seen the pastor be flashy or pulled his car around to show off. Lets face it a jaguar is really not expensive these days... who care!!! What about all those movie stars, singers, rappers, ball players, etc... they do NOTHING to enrich our lives yet they make tons of money and blow it on foolish things and we the people keep making them richer because we are patrons of theirs. Why can't a person that it doing the Lord's work and trying to lead us in the right direction have nice things!!! Again, I am reminded that when people go to these concerts and ball games they go wild but when they enter into church they are cold and numb with hands crossed and everything and expect everyone to kiss they butts. However, they can go to some game or concert where the person does not even know their name or care about them and worship that star!!! It is a shame. We should go to church with our hearts ready to worship the LORD no matter what is going on around us because they it what we "should" be going there to do.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   All4God +1 Votes
Totally disagree with this person's comment. I've been at church in the son for about a year and half now, and it's hands down one of the best churches I've ever been to--and I've been to a LOT. Pastor Alex is a very warm and loving pastor. He has a heart for people and most importantly he has a heart for God. I'm sorry the original poster felt like people were ignoring her, but sometimes part of the problem in the church is that people take offense to EVERYTHING. We need to examine our own hearts instead of projecting our issues or wrongful assumptions onto others. Additionally, I would like to caution you about badmouthing a church or a pastor. It will not bode well for you with the Lord. Remember what happened to the Israelites in the camp that were grumbling against Moses and Aaron? It's one thing to have an opinion about a church or pastor (and if it's negative it should be kept to yourself), it's a whole other level to make a public statement on a website and talk bad about a man of God and his church. I would be careful if I were you...
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   hope2009895 0 Votes
Wow. Christians all hating everyone. That was Jesus' message. As for wealthy pastors or wealthy anyones for that matter: "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God" (Mat 19:16-30). As for opinions about pastors or anything else, All4God, we're all entitled to them - and God gave you a brain to question and think. He really does want us to use them. Perhaps Rosanna's Mom has never been in a charismatic church before or heard someone speaking in tongues? I've been in that position, and I'll admit, I was freaked out and concerned and asking the friend I went with, what was going on. I probably would have described it in the same way Rosanna's Mom did. If she had a bad experience, she had a bad experience. It was her's, not yours. Maybe we should make sure, the next time we're in church, to not let that experience happen again . . . for anyone. Because, you're all about conversion and opening people's hearts to Jesus right? So love . . . and let people's experiences be what they will . . . but control your own actions. Jeesh.
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   rldbusfinserv +1 Votes
As a member of Church In The Son 4 years, I too have encountered coolness. However as I continued to attend the church. I learned through Pastors' teaching that not everyone you come in contact in the church has reached the point of spirituality that Christ would want use all to reach. In the parable of the wheat and tares, Matthew 13:24-30. Jesus is saying let the saved and the unsaved come together, and at the end he will separate. So don't focus on the people, but only Jesus Christ for him and him alone. For he is the one you will have to answer to on the day of judgement. It is not uncommon to invite someone to church, and they not show up. It has happen to me. I believe by time the offering is taken any visitor you are saving a set for should have arrived. Pastor as given the Users authority over the floor and if the set is not taken by a certain time the set should be given up. I thank God the church is full of rich people. That is where the wealth is suppose to be. Psalms 112; Blessed Is The Man Who Fears The Lord. John 14:15-26 Jesus explains the need for all of use to seek the Holy Spirit. You think the music was loud in the church. When we all get to Heaven, oh what a day of rejoicing there will be. When we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory.
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   blessed nana 0 Votes
Wow. My husband is on the pastoral staff at Church in the Son and if you come back, I'll gladly offer you the seat next to me. I pray that when you attend any church, you keep in mind that people make mistakes and that if you overlook this fact and come for the message, your heart will be filled with warmth rather that coolness. I ask that you forgive those that have offended you. I was hurt by people in churches in the past, but I had to overcome these things and give Jesus my attention. It took a few years, but I'm so glad I did!!!
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   MW4 0 Votes
I have been going to Church in the Son for almost 4 months now and cannot find one thing wrong with this Church, the Pastor or any of his Staff. I have never encountered a Church that is filled with the Holy Spirit such as this one is. I am also getting "fed" by the Message every week. I love it so much I have to stay for two out of their three Sunday services. I would recommend this Church to anyone without a shadow of a doubt. I feel sorry that the complaintant in this thread misunderstood or jumped to some incorrect conclusions. You are in a public place, surrounded by other people from all walks of life and at different stages of their walk. Part of the responsibility of being a Christian is to love others unconditionally just as God loves you. Once you get to that point, you know how to "put up with" the "snobbery" of others and it doesn't bother you like it did when you wrote the original complaint. To the complaintant: Please give this Church one last chance, you will not be disappointed, I promise you. Just have an open heart and open mind. This is truly the best Church I have ever been to.
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   Ponderingsofasimplesoul 0 Votes
Wow. That's all I have to say to those that commented that this woman has a problem with her heart...this was just her experience. She doesn't need more faith, a more loving heart, or any of that nonsense. If I went to a Church or any other organization multiple times and experienced a lack of warmth or compassion each time, I'd probably be upset too--especially if it was in a place where the people preach being loving and living with compassion and forgiveness. And money doesn't belong in the church, or what have you, money is a man made concept. Shouldn't only God and love "belong" in the church?
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   randyo29 0 Votes
Wow...I think the person who made this last comment is confused about what they are saying. First, I think there would have been a slightly different response to the original comment had they not mocked the worship (whether they agree with the style, or not) of people in the church. I do think there should be a question of their heart. And yes, that is their own personnal view, however, this is a comment board and one should not be surprised when oppositional opinions are expressed. Lastly, money is not a man made concept. God ordered a tithe in the Old Testament (Leviticus 27:30; Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 14:24; 2 Chronicles 31:5) and continued the command in the New Testament (1 Corinthians 16:2; James 1:5). Churches don't function without financial contributions from the body. Many pastors are afraid to preach on the sensitive subject of money and giving because of people's lack of obedience in God's word, which is quite sad. Anyway, I hope that people will see my intentions, as they are simply to contend for the faith. Love in Christ.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   DeliverUsFromEvil 0 Votes
Amazing how the enemy places a forum such as this, in a position whereby people who have no knowledge of the church itself, the pastor or the heart of the vision of the church is even considered ... or known! One positive comment is commented by a negative which totally fuels the fire and creates DISTRACTIONS in us being able to speak life into those who truly need it. So what I'm doing even now as I comment, is allowing my time to also be wasted as surely another will follow up with an even greater negative comment. People let it end HERE. Please, please do not feed this any longer. STOP defending Pastor Alex, Church In The Son or doing anything IN THIS PARTICULAR FORUM which will rob you of your time when you could instead be loving another. For those of you who desire to sew discontent into another, know that this is one of the things that God hates!
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   RoxiN 0 Votes
I believe that it is the responsibility of someone that posts a site like this to read and evaluate comments before posting. One woman made a negative comment and it is found when google the Church in the Son. This leaves negative feelings for individuals that want to find a church home.

I have been attending the church for some time and find the people to be friendly and I have grown from Pastor Alex. One thing that I have learned over the years is that no church is perfect because it is made up of people like you and me. If we were perfect why would we feel that we need a perfect Savior.

Roxanne
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   LaDonaSofia 0 Votes
I pray for God's mighty arms to surround you and comfort you and whisper His love for you until you are filled with the Holy Spirit and can speak love and kindness towards your brothers and sisters in Christ. This is God's command that Alex Clattenburg reminds us of every Sunday. Please come back and let us shine our love on you.
Your sister in Christ,
Sophia
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   LaDonaSofia 0 Votes
Hurting People Hurt People...come back and let us heal you.

We love you!
 11th of Jul, 2010 by   I'm Netzarim 0 Votes
Friends, I totally disagree w/ Rosanna's mom's report; I am also very sorry if she experienced any of that. I agree w/ some of the other posts that perhaps the woman she sat next to was in more need of compassion/understanding and so was unable to reach out to another; many seek God/YHWH when they are hurting the most and in need of spiritual/emotional fellowship. I have had difficulty finding a seat on my own(others seated too sparsely) but the friendly ushers were always there to assist :) My parents have attended CITS for several years and are currently the greeters; I can assure you that my parents are that nice 24/7, not just during church, lol. I have known Pastor Alex since 1983 and he has never been flashy in attire nor jewelry, that I've ever seen, and I have never seen/known (or cared actually) what type car he drives. Pastor Alex is a very spirit led, dynamic, soft spoken, engaging speaker who lovingly reaches out to people w/ the humble intent of offering revelation of The Gospel to those who will hear; he is only sincere. I have only attended CITS a few times ( I attended Calvary Assembly for many years when he was pastor there) and was surprised that I *didn't* hear anyone speaking in tongues at CITS; perhaps they actually do, ??. Even though I don't attend there ( I am Messianic Israelite; 7yr's ago, Yahushua called me to seek my Jewish roots and so I celebrate Saturday Shabbat, the biblical Feasts, etc. and no longer celebrate Sunday as Sabbath, nor Christmas or Easter(pagan roots)) still I could not allow a false report to go against a wonderful man of YHWH such as Alex Clattenburg :) I will pray for Rosanna's mom that she will seek Yahushua first and only, rather than man (for man can fail us so easily and YHWH cannot), and that her heart can forgive those who have unintentionally offended her. Shalom to all :)
 18th of Jul, 2010 by   Eddie7769 0 Votes
I tatally disagree with this person. I am new at Church In The Son and honestly it it by far the friendliest church I have ever been to. I lost count on how many times I was greeted and aproached for conversation. The sincere and warm greetings gave me such a great feeling that my family and I decided we had to go back for more. I was even shocked to have recieved calls from members of the church and I believe a total of 3 different pastors. Before visiting Church In The Son I lost count of how many churches I have been to. Litteraly I can say that I have visited more than 50 churches from every kind and form of religion out there. In my opinion Church In The Son is a great role model for how all churches should be. Okay now regarding the first comment, no one dances in the aisles. People sing, clap, and move to the music in their own spaces. As for loud music Church In The Son has the best sound system I have ever heard and its just at the right sound levels. I am sorry that the initial person who posted this complaint had such a bad experience I almost feel they mentioned the wrong church. I can not believe we are talking about the same church. The bible lets us know that the devil has powers we can not go against without praying and asking God to protect and guide us agianst him. I feel the you were probably under a real strong attack by the devil himself. I would also question myself very seriously, why?
Please visit again but this time pray that God be with you and that he shows you what a real church, Church In The Son can be. Ask to be guided by the Spirit and that your eyes be open to the good in the church. Also, remember that all churches have good and bad people. No matter where you go this will always be the case. Some one once told me that when I found the perfect church it would be ruined because I was there, lol. Whether you visit Church In The Son again or not please pray that God leads you to where you will be happy. God Bless You, I will pray for you starting now.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   Moni1290 -1 Votes
I can’t negate Rosanna’s mom comments for it was her experience, her feelings and unfortunately, her disappointment. What I can do is share my experience since I first stepped through the doors of Church in the Son after being invited by my brother about 2 years ago. Church in the Son has changed my life! What is even better than having your life completely change for the better is to see the life of countless others also change because of this church. I believe the works they do (mostly volunteers) is truly driven by and done for the Lord. My relationship with God went from being non-existent to having a committed and loving bond. From being a “wavering Christian” to having faith. From being circumstantially happy to experiencing deep joy and peace. I had to make a choice to make these changes occur over time, but know this would not have happened had I turned down my brother’s invitation.

I can’t begin to count the number of hugs and encouragement I get every Sunday. When I leave, I feel refreshed and more spiritually driven. What I also love about the church is the diversity of the people, their culture, their backgrounds and their financial status. Once you get more involved with the people of this church, you learn that like many of us, they have good things in their lives, but also have struggles with loss and disappointment. It’s nice though, that members of the church are there to support you not only on Sunday but also during the week through their small groups and other activities.

If you listen to 88.3 fm radio station, you will love the music. Some people worship silently, some raise their hands, some cry, others laugh and know of one gentleman (I won’t mention which service) that does dance on the aisle. This is just his way of worshipping the Lord and frankly, I think is beautiful (after all people jump and dance during music concerts :-)). That’s the thing about this church, you can worship any way you want or any way you are driven by the Holy Spirit when you let him move you. There’s love here and feel lucky to be part of it.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   CITS Lover 0 Votes
If the original post had the experience she described, then that is sad - but certainly not the experience I have had at Church in the Son - but her comment about the pastor wearing a ton of gold jewelry - that is the part that gets me because that is completely false. I have known Pastor Alex for over five years and have never seen him wear flashy gold jewelry - unless you count a wedding ring and a watch! For someone to throw that comment in as a negative is what causes me to question her entire post.

I am sure that you can find something to question or criticize at any church meeting - but when comments are thrown in that are provably false, you have to question motive. I have been attending Church in the Son for years and I have met some of the most Christ-like people there. When my oldest son took his own life, the church surrounded us with so much love it was unbelievable. Pastor Alex was the greatest encouragement to us - he called me regularly asking me how we were doing and offering to pray for us and doing everything he could to encourage us... and he does this for MANY people. He is a very genuine person and he has made a great impact in my life. When my mother-in-law passed away earlier this year he was there again for our family - always with love and concern.

You can do a drive-by at any church in the world and catch them on a bad day, or perhaps sit around people that are having their own personal crises and are not attentive to you as a visitor, but over the course of over five years I have felt genuine love and acceptance from the Pastor and members of this church - and I have heard testimonies of so many others experiencing the same thing - from people who were just out of prison, to those who were involved in prostitution, to those who had drug problems, to those who had experienced homosexuality - all of these and more I have met in our church and they all were met and welcomed with the love of Jesus that takes us as we are, and motivates and changes us to become like Christ!! THAT is what I know of Church in the Son... and THAT is what has changed my life and the lives of so many others. My prayer is that someone might read this and realize that this is the place to be loved - and in so doing come visit and allow us to love you into the arms of Jesus Christ! Everyone is MORE than welcome, you are the reason the church does so much outreach, so that our church can be a place for you to feel welcome and loved.

AIG Fraud Perpetrated on the U S by Dodd Franks amp Pelosi