logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Balfour.com
Balfour's website is useless!
2. (20 mins ago)
Thrive Extreme Health
Seller didn't inform to cancel subscription
3. (25 mins ago)
UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ChubbyChicoCharms.com Complaints & Reviews - Buyer beware!

ChubbyChicoCharms.com Contacts & Informations

ChubbyChicoCharms.com

Posted:    Valerie

Buyer beware!

ChubbyChicoCharms.com - www.chubbychicocharms.com

I ordered a number of charms from Cubby Chico Charms. When I received my order 24 charms of a particular kind were missing. There was a note stating that these were backordered (although when I ordered them their site said they had them in stock), and that the missing items would be shipped the following week. I did not receive them. All my attempts to contact the company went unanswered. I left voice mails, I e-mailed multiple times and I sent them a letter. I received no response whatsoever. I have since found that many, many other people have had this same problem. I was unable to resolve the issue through PayPal because by the time I got frustrated enough with their non-response it was past the 45 day resolution period for PayPal, although they did say they would log the complaint on Chubby Chico's account information that they keep. I do not know what the problem is with this company but my complaint seems far from an isolated or unusual case. BUYER BEWARE!
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Nov, 2007 by   Melanie Hill 0 Votes
I am currently having similar problems with Chubby Chicco Charms, be careful, their bad service has made my business look bad.
 1st of Dec, 2007 by   Elizabeth Walton 0 Votes
I have also had a bad experience, received some wrong charms, after about 5 emails she finally replied that I needed to send them back, I did, and have never since been able to get an answer from her. She has nice stuff, but I will never order from her again, she screwed up my business and can't bother with the most rudamentary customer service.
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   Sue Law 0 Votes
I ordered charms about 10 days ago - and have been waiting ever since - do they have a habit of taking forever??? I also emailed - and since I placed the order AND PAID via Paypal - they won't answer back. I'm also wondering why their company, then, does not show up on the Better Business Bureau complaint site??? Should I contact Paypal immediately?????
 9th of Dec, 2007 by   Tina 0 Votes
Wow, I am saddened to see I am not the only one with this issue.

I have been back and forth with Alana since May and still do not have my order from her.

Half the time I get no response when I do is it just a load of BS and I finally found out that she "says" she has mailed out new ordered to me on 4 occasions all the the wrong address!!!

They are a horrible business to deal with.
 17th of Jan, 2008 by   Madonna Nicolsi 0 Votes
I had a similar issue with backorders however my problem is much deeoer (so to speak). I refered a friend who order charms for her cousin for Xmas and when they where taken to the jeweller to be soldered onto her braclet the gold plating melted and the jeweller mentioned that they where lead dipped in gold. I have taken all of mine to a jeweller - I was waiting to have them put on - to have them looked at. Personally IF they are lead, I am not interested in wearing them.
Will keep you updated.
 23rd of Jan, 2008 by   J 0 Votes
Well they do have horrible customer service. I have yet to receive my order and it's been over 2 weeks. My assumption is I believe it's a one person business and she is ordering the charms from oversea's as orders from us come in. So honestly, I think she doesn't even have the items on hand. I bet she order's them when WE order them from her Asian supplier. I will NEVER order from that website again. I am a member of the BBB and I know how to post a comaplaint about the company and will be doing that in the morning. She has not answered one email from me. I hope she's happy because those charms I pourchased from her were going to be made into items where the profit's were going to go toward Autism research.
 25th of Jan, 2008 by   Patty Schulze 0 Votes
What more can I say???????? Ditto to all the complaints before me. I called twice today and sent 5 emails. I did talk with someone once on the phone. She said the order was sent Jan 22 and would email the tracking number. No number yet. I am going to refuse payment on my credit card.
 5th of Feb, 2008 by   Upset Woman 0 Votes
Oh my gosh, I wish I would have seen all of this before I placed my order. I am out $50 and I have not received my charms. I have called and was told that they "shipped" and would email me a tracking #. Never got it. Called again, said they would email the tracking # again. Said no way, give it on the phone. So they gave me a tracking # but said they tried to look it up and it wasn't coming up so they would resend. I'm so concerned about any business that does business this way. I will file with BBB but also am thinking about contacting local authorities about an online theft ring. This is unacceptable, and it is criminal.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   gwen kosak 0 Votes
Dont feel bad its been 3 WEEKS and NO CHARMS!! On a $144.00 ORDER!!

They are horrible to deal with, no one calls you back, or emails you, they could care less!

I have a myspace page and make jewelry and have people that are waiting for items with charms and if they cant fill the order then tell me and I will go somewhere else. But not by telling me I AM GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE NOW!

They may have lives but so do I and its not sitting around waiting 3 weeks for their stupid charms!

I ordered things from Hong Kong after I placed my order with them and it got here before theirs did! These idiots are 1/2 hour down the road from me, how do they explain that stupidity! I could have walked there and back LITERALLY to get the charm by now!

Well they are the ones that lose out because I have about 25oo people on my page and growing and I am sending out bulletins about these guys and all the other jewelry people will see this. So if they dont give a crap about me and my cruddy order and that it wont effect them, well they can think again! IT ALL ADDS UP BABY!

I am using Sallyscharms.com now and she is fantastic, she calls, writes or whatever you need and shipping is fast. She has a huge selection! Here is the link if anyone needs it, she also said that they are any good either so hey I wish I new that but live and learn I guess!
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   Upset Woman 0 Votes
Just to put out an update:

I received my charms today. They took almost 5 weeks to get here. They are all there, and I do like them. Despite that, I would urge caution in using this company. I contacted the Better Business Bureau in Rhode Island, and they told me that complaints about this company are being handled directly by the Attorney General's Office. Phone #401.222.2104. For those of you who still do not get an answer (I got results by constantly telephoning), I would file a complaint with that office asap in order to protect your investment and ensure you get it resolved. Best wishes to you all.
 29th of Mar, 2008 by   Another One 0 Votes
I've had trouble with this company also. I ordered both from her website and from Ebay. Both orders were incorrect or didn't arrive. She's no longer a registered member of Ebay ...I'm guessing she had so many complaints that they closed her account. She is unresponsive, outright tells you a lie, and makes excuses about having other things going on in her life.

It's too bad...because I also make jewelry and like her charms but I'd never buy from her again because of her lousy customer service. I'm glad to see the Attorney General is looking into her...she needs it.

Good luck!
 1st of May, 2008 by   Carol 0 Votes
Thought I was the only one who had trouble with this woman. She has no business being in business. She never responded to any of my emails until she was notified by Paypal that I had filed a claim and then she had the nerve to say I never answered her emails and accused me of "scamming" her. She is a thief and a liar. I was one of the lucky ones to get my money back through Paypal. BUYER BEWARE! I hope she gets what's coming to her from the Atty. General.
 27th of May, 2008 by   DEE 0 Votes
I placed an order with this company on March 3rd, 2008. I have not received my order or even an e-mail in response to my constant inquiries. It has been 2 months!!! I will NEVER order from her again!
Thank you for the Att. Gen. phone number.
 27th of May, 2008 by   DEE 0 Votes
Correction.. It HAS been 2 months but the order was placed on April 2nd, not March.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   Barb Pelts 0 Votes
"WOW", I've never seen so many complaints againist one company. As you know I wouldn't be on this Complaints Board if I didn't have a problem with Chubby Chico Charms as well. I agree with all of the above complaints. If anyone wants to get a petition together with signatures, let me know. We can then send it to the Atty Gen. and hopefully get this woman blasted. I think the same person that answers the phone is the same person that answers to the name Alana. Who is she trying to fool. A lot of us have lost money with her, went through all the frustration and have had to answer to our customers due to her lack of communication with us. This is not fair to those of us trying to run a homebased business depending on help from others with the lack of knowledge of how to run her own business. I don't give up when I run across business' like this. I "WILL" make sure she goes down.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   Barb Pelts 0 Votes
This woman also has a "My Space", throw some complaints on there as well for the public to see.

21st of Jun, 2008 by   Penny S 0 Votes
Beware this company also sells at e-bay under the name Push Pin Angel! I had numerous problems about a year ago with this company and just got curious tonight and googled them...And was not surprised to see the second heading was this complaint site.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   again? 0 Votes
Please check out my webpage on this crappy seller:
www.liz-n-bill.net/ebayhell.html
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Jose C. 0 Votes
I have ordered with them for over 6 months now and have spent well over $1, 500.00 on charms for my jewelry line. I think you people are just bored and have too much time on your hands. I would never spend so much time on something that costs under $30 or $40 bucks, come on get real.
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   cody 0 Votes
I have ordered from Chubby Chico Charms.com before and i received my order and it was great. I got a 10% off code and a free gift! Maybe you guys just need to give them a chance i mean they are a company yes but it is run my people and people make mistakes so i don't see the big deal. thanks

Beware of Phishing Scam!