logo

Express Credit Auto
Awful experience
5. (38 mins ago)
Country Club Vacation
C for country club or cheater's club

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Chrome Masters, Modesto, California Complaints & Reviews - Scam and rip off!

Chrome Masters Contacts & Informations

Chrome Masters

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and rip off!

Chrome Masters
961 N. Emerald Avenue Ste.
Modesto, California
Phone: 209-579-2335
www.chromemasters.com
I am reporting that chrome masters ripped me off for 1041.00 for a pair of rims and tires. It started on Feb 8, 2008 when we called to order the rims chris told us to go to a western union to wire the money to a Mr. Jerardo Maddrigan. We paid 350.00 there at Thirty Liquor so on Feb.28 2008 our rims arrived what we thought were our rim and tires. We had to pay 692.00 when we went to go pick them up from ups. We checked the rims there and discovered they were the wrong rims and no tires.

We have been calling them since that night and nothing has been solved yet, we have been told for almost 3 months that we will get a tracking number and have not received one yet. we've called repeatedly and someone always tell us to call back in 30 min or call back in 45 mins, call back and ask to speak to a supervisor or manager and Chris would get on the phone and assure us that it would be taking care of and its not, they tell you that to get you off the phone. I've had the phone hung up in my face on Wed the 9th of April and then when i called on Friday the 11th of April and was told by Chris that he was fed up with me and my husband and that he didn't have a tracking number by Tuesday that they would refund my money back, but like the rest of the customers i think we've been screwed.

I should have followed my gut feeling when we could never get a tracking number and always had to call back. I told them i don't know what kind of business their running but anything wasn't did by Tuesday that i would be contacting a attorney. They are supposed to be a ligament business and they mess over people like this. They will not get away with this.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Apr, 2008 by   Bronze 0 Votes
You're right, they just ripped my son off for $480.00 (half of what the rims/tires would be). They haven't sent them out yet. He had experienced the exact same treatment as you did from Chris and the other rude people that answered the phone. We are also seeking an attorney! I wished he would have checked them out before sending his money!!! ANYONE WHO'S READING THIS, THIS IS NOT A JOKE, THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY HAVE SO MANY COMPLAINTS AT THE BBB. THEY RIP THEIR CUSTOMERS OFF AND STEAL THEIR MONEY HOPING THEY WOULD GO AWAY. THIS IS HOW THEY MAKE A LIVING!!! STAY AWAY, STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM!!! Good luck.
 15th of Apr, 2008 by   Bronze 0 Votes
Chrome Masters real address is: 1300 Rockefeller dr ceres, CA 95307. They provide a fake one on Emerald Ave.
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   Wilson 0 Votes
My cousin has waiting on his Rims and tires for over 8 weeks now. We called and the guy chris talked to me like I owed them something, he hung up the phone on me at first then when he did talk after I called them back several times that "hecan sit on the phone and argue all day, "" said he didn't give a D-- about the conversation being recorded". And the tracking # that was provided is linked to more than one person. Ups Says that on March 18th Chrome Masters made arrangements to recieve the tracking #'s but has not yet made arrangements to have the merchandise available for shipping. IS this a no win situation for the customers who has given these people our Money? Please people read before sending your money you will get nothing in return but a bunch of hassle. I think since this has been reported to LOW RIDER magazine, if they don't stop letting these false company's pose as legit in their magazine they should be held reliable dor the money we are loosing.
 4th of May, 2008 by   Chrome masters is rip off 0 Votes
Chrome masters in Modesto CA is a rip off I have been calling them from a month now about my money or either my rims and tires and they keep putting me on hold saying call back in 45min or maybe a hour or better yet never. I sent them some money though Western Union on March 28, 2008 and they told me they will call me back to give me a tracking number in the next 5 days and didn't even heard anything from them. I call and call and still give the run arounds. They think I playing but they just don;t know they mess with the right chick now. I will fly to CA and I will get my money back with my attorney. I don't play with people like them taking our money CHROMEMASTERS is a rip off and they should be held accountable of the actions and the things they are doing. If anyone has read my comment do buy no tires or rims from CHROMEMASTERS because they are liers and will take your money. I do feel everyone comment on this.
 5th of May, 2008 by   Bones 0 Votes
I ordered 2 pair of rims from punk a** Chrome Masters on feb 20, 2008 so it's been 3mths now and no rims or nuttin I've spoken to them over 25 times and I have all conversation recorded and they've told lie after lie, told me rims not in stock I've even agree to get 2 different set of rims that I don't even want and they still can't provide the product, they say they have the product but shipping is backed-up, for 3mths now it's ridiculous I don't know what to do cause I don't believe anything they say I see they screw everybody who live out of state cause you have no access to them as the locals do but I may just have to file a lawsuit suck but I see it may need to happen. I made this as nice as I could cause I am really pissed off keep in mind I live in Colorado so there is only 3 or 4 months of good weather to ride rims in.
 21st of May, 2008 by   Monique 0 Votes
I agree that Chrome Masters is a complete rip off. My boyfriend sent them $900 for some rims and an extra $100 so he could get them "the next day". He ordered them way back on March 19, 2008. He sent the money by Western Union also. Whenever he would call to see if they had sent them, they would say they were still getting them ready and they would be shipped off the next week, or they would say call back in a couple of hours. And when he asked to speak to the manager, Mike, (which I doubt was even his name!) it was always he's not here right now call back later. When I listened in on 3 way one time, they all sounded like idiots. All they said was "Alright bro, we'll get that out to you bro, ok bro, it'll be sent next week bro." Now he says he is going to file a lawsuit against them. And I don't know why their little "business" has even stayed open so long. They have like 80 something complaints with the BBB. They need to get real jobs and stop scamming people who actually work to make a living.
 13th of Jun, 2008 by   Paul 0 Votes
I've ordered 2 sets of wheels from chrome masters and I've had a great experience both times. You guys must be doing something wrong if you're getting screwed. I'm planning on ordering another set as soon as I get my new car.
Paul
Kansas City, MO
 9th of Jul, 2008 by   SCHARKLEY 0 Votes
dis is sum bull shit! when i ordered my rims & tires they said that they where in stock, i waited 3 fkn weeks so i called them back and all of a sudden they aint in stock.that was a red flag for me so i wanted a refund then chris said that i would be charge a 25% cancellation fee, i said how in hell you go charge a fee for something that was never their to begin with i said u must think im slow u said that they were in stock so u could get my money so if my oder wasnt in stock that mean theirs no order it is going on a month in ahalf and still not shit ive contected BBB they aint doin shit ive contected Federal Trade Commission they aint doin shit if any 1 was succesful in gettn their refund or merchandise therw legal action please hit me up. and by tha way F U paul u must be sum kn to em
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   Crystal 0 Votes
I totally agree with every comment posted except for Paul, hell for all we know he may be a Chrome Masters representative. I find it hard to believe that every report I have read about Chrome Masters has been almost the exact same bad experience. My fiance and I experienced the same and we also spoke with Chris the difference with us is "I don't play" we work to hard to have our money taken so what we have done is persude legal action through the Attorney General of California, the BBB is good to file a report but not for getting your money back or the product. I would like to show that they have not just done this to one person but this is common practice for them, so if any of you would like to help me out on filing against them please feel free to email me at KUTEENUF@hotmail.com. thanks
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   Tony Watters 0 Votes
I agree with every comment except for Paul. Paul must be Chris' brother. I sent my money the 1st week of September 08 and now it 6 weeks later and still no rims. I am so pissed. I have called them almost everyday and its the same lines and lies everyday. I am tired of it and wis that I could afford a trip to the west coast to get my wheels my money or revenge. Something needs to be done about this. I wish I had googled them before I ordered.
Tony
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by   George 0 Votes
They fukk me 2 i send them 2, 500$ on 8/7/08! n punk ass chris keep playin! im out here in denver co! but i think next week im going 2 make that trip!
 8th of May, 2009 by   bdubb 0 Votes
Hi everyone on here I feel your pain in so many ways and I didn’t take there crap either...This whole problem start back in Feb. of 2008 and to make along story short I got my money back without an attorney... because I filed a civil document with the city court its like a small calms form and what you do is follow everything that goes along with it and you should have no problem... Now how I got my money back was... they sent me a cancellation check which was 25% less then what I have sent them...which was fine because the ball was in my court because now that they did that on bottom of that check is there account # and that gave me access to everything... the reason why I say that is cause in the end they will not show up in court... and basically that a default in your behalf and the courts…in the whole process they will ask you if you have an account # on one of the forms and what the courts will do is take it str8 out of there account and then you will have the last laugh...So to everyone out there that lives out of state you really have the advanced because they will never show up for court for you unless they want their a**es kick ... O yea almost forgot the funny thing about this situation was after they realize that I got my money back not once but twice...once threw them with the cancellation check and twice threw the courts... they were really calling me out the ass then... to pretty much settle it b4 everything went threw... If any1 has any questions you can email me @ bdubb18@hotmail.com I’m here to help (cause that’s not right)
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   greg zanders 0 Votes
yes they ripped me off to i sent them money and never got my fuckn rims im pissed
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   freezy601 0 Votes
On dec 21, 2007, my boyfriend ordered and paid in full $1100.00 for a set of tires and rims he did not recieve. Til this day, he's still waiting on a refund of the payment he made. Hopefully one day whom ever is behind this will be arrested and spend some time behind bars. He was told he would recieve a refund back in dec 2008, but as of jan 2011 he has yet to recieve anything.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   jman from ms 0 Votes
chrome master got me on a raw deal.that same punk chris would always tell me to call back and get a tracking number but when i do call back it wouuld be some lane excuse this went on for weeks i just finaly stop calling

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups