logo

Ask.com
Beware of Ask.com
5. (52 mins ago)
Kathy Chasteen of Someday Isle Kennels
MIA after given deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Esmeralda

Rip off

Christina Cosmetics
christinacosmetics.com
I purchased makeup from Christina Cosmetics several months ago and was signed up with a membership. I used the product with no complaint. I received a postcard from the company saying that they had an overwhelming response to their product so everything was on back order. If I wanted to cancel my order I could call. I called a got an answering machine. I let them know I wanted to cancel my order. My bank account was drafted by Christina Cosmetics causing an overdraft and 25.00 fees. I called and left a message that they needed to refund my money since I cancelled the order the day before. I got a voicemail confirming my cancellation. I got my order in the mail 3 days later and called again saying as soon as my money was refunded I would mail the product back. I have left messages three separate times since then and have gotten no response. They have not refunded my money. I tried to call and got a message saying they had new winter hours of 10AM to 3PM EST. I could not leave a message because the voicemail box was full. What kind of business shortens their hours when they are unable to even answer their phones or respond in a timely manner to their voicemail? I would advise anyone thinking of doing business with Christina Cosmetics to think twice. They have very poor, even questionable business practices. They are ready to take your money but if you have a problem they just ignore you. Having their makeup is not worth the headache if you get ripped off by them.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Oct, 2009 by   Julianne Muench 0 Votes
I purchased Christina Cosmetics as well. I ask several times if ordering would cause me to be signed up to start recieving regular shipments as is so often the case in the VERY small, almost non existant print. I was assured over and over that I would not recieve another shipment unless I called and ordered one. About 6 weeks later I recieved another shipment and my account was drafted. I called a dozen times over a two day period and could only get a fast busy signal. Finally, on day 3 I got a message machine and left a message asking for a return phone call verifying they got my message. I never recieved one. So, a few days later I tried again. I got the anwering machine, but it was full and could not take a message.

This company is the pits. They are available when they take your money and they will say whatever they want to get you to place your original order. They, they continue to take your money and basically leave you NO way to get a hold of them. They are no better than theives in my book.

I now have to pay $25.00 to put a stop payment on my account in addition to the 2nd debit they made from my account, so they will not be able to keep taking debits out of my account.

Is there anyway to get my money back? I'm sick of online companies stealing!!!

Julianne
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   lynviospring 0 Votes
i ordered christina cosmetics and was not happy with the pigments colors but kept it i called and got an answering machice and i left my message to cancell any future orders as i was unhappy with the product, , no one called me back and 3-4 weeks later they shipped me another order. when i called the answering machine says no messages can be left as the mail box is full.. Christina dont ruin your reputation by cheating people. I want u to stop any shipments if not i will report you and your company to the BBB .
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   ladylawyer1 -1 Votes
Your story is in no way a representation of what Christina Cosmetics is all about. I have been ordering Perfect Pigment for 4 years now and have never had such an experience. This is the best makeup I've ever tried hands down! I recommend this product to women of all ages. Call back and ask for Michele she is the manager of customer service and she can help you resolve your issue-1-800-543-7207.
 14th of Jan, 2010 by   teri kennelly -1 Votes
I, too, am very disappointed in this company. I ordered October 24 and never received the items until November 13; I had to keep calling to track the order.
When I received the make up, I didn't feel it looked natural on me; I sent it back with a letter priority mail. I also called and had to leave a message, naturally, that I was sending this back and to credit my card and not send any future shipments.
Surprise, surprise this is January 14 and they claim they have not received my return two months later. Not only did they not credit my card but charged me the second installment.
If I do not get the credit on my next card, the BBB will be notifed.
I BETTER not get any more orders!!!
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   parker s -1 Votes
well i was very upset that my shipment had not come in, but i read teri kennelly comment and i called and talked to michele and she resolved the problem, and she was very nice. thank you teri!
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   scrist -1 Votes
Same story here. Called to cancel Nov. 6, got phone message from Michele confirming same. In late Dec received another shipment which I refused and sent back. After not getting any response after calling again, I contacted the BBB. Christina responded that I had not given them enough time to process the refund! What? Well, took it up with Discover Card and Christina told them I had not canceled until Dec. 29 (untrue). They took it off my card, but do not trust Christina Cosmetics not to put it back on. I rarely order infomercial products and if I ever do again. will check online for complaints. They are a total fraud.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Miki S -1 Votes
I ordered Christina Cosmetics in October, got billed for it in November and in December. Do you think I ever got the cosmetics, not a chance. All I keep getting is billed over and over. I keep calling and no one answers, no one calls back. This is the biggest rip-off going. The number provided for Terri is the one that no one ansers. I plan to inform the US attorney generals office that deals with these scams along with the BBB. There is no resolution to this company. They are nothing but rip off artists.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   hilda rivera -1 Votes
I too ordered christina cosmetics, when I ordered it I was adamant that I only wanted to try it by ordering this one time. I let them know if I were to be satisfied with thier cosmetics I would be sure to reorder, and that they were not to put me on the automatic delivery. I have been trying to call them with no success. Today I received another order and they took the money out of my account without my permission. Tomorrow I am sending it back with a return receipt, when they receive their order, I expect my $47.85 returned to my bank account. I will cotinue to call hoping to be answered by Michelle the manager.I've been calling and calling to no avail. Christina if you do not return my money back into the account which you have taken it without permission I SHALL BE FORCED TO CONTACT THE BBB AND THE US ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE. I am 81 years old and do not appreciate being ripped off!!! JUANA
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   Char12 B -1 Votes
I have called and tried to cancel and only get a machine. Leave messages and never get a call back. I did like the cosmetics but don't use every day and have a large excess now and want to cancel. Does anyone know how to get a call back?????

They must be a Rinky dink company and only take your money.

Don't order because you can never cancel!!! It is time t contack the US Attorney General!!
 12th of May, 2010 by   lillianr -2 Votes
I keep getting billed and no one ever calls you back sent the item back and canceled the next day after i placed the order but they sent it out any way so i canceled my memership and the next month there is another shipment and still can not get a full fefund or no one to return my phone calls. I think they just keep sending it out and keep charging you even if you dont want the make-up and i will not have it. I going to call the BBB see what can be done because i will not pay for make-up that is not even worth puttint on. Lillian Indiana.
 26th of May, 2010 by   julie Louisiana -1 Votes
I placed an order three weeks ago and it has yet to arrive. I did speak to someone and she said there was a back order and it should ship out in two days as of today I have yet to receive my order. I have tried to call over and over but can never get intouch with a person only a comupter that never gives any options. This company is a ripoff and because of this I will never order off of the tv or online again. Juie, Louisisan
 27th of May, 2010 by   THubbard -1 Votes
I would not have ordered if I realized there was no way to cancel! I have tried to find customer service online and called - but got an answering machine. Left messages but no return calls. Love the make-up brush and canceler but can't be ordered individually. I want to cancel - too expensive but all you can do is change the ship frequency! STOP!! Add customer service!!!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   UN SATISFIED CONSUMER -1 Votes
I ALSO PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCT AND THEY CLAIMED THAT THEY TELL YOU THAT THEY WILL SET YOU UP ON AUTO PAYMENTS, BUT THEY DONT, SHE ALSO CLAIMED THAT THEY SAY THIS ON THE INFO MERCIAL, THEY DONT...THEY OVER DRAFT MY ACCOUNT, THEY SAID THEY WILL REFUND MY MONEY IN 4-6WEEKS TO MY ACCOUNT LESS THE POSTAGE, AND THEIR CHARGING ME A RESTOCKING FEE $5????? [ WHERE THEY DO THAT AT }BUT REFUSE TO COVER THE OVER DRAFTS..NOW I HAVE $200 IN OVER DRAFTS.I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM OR RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT...THEY SUCK!!!... ANGEL
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   D.W.Maple -1 Votes
This company is a rip off. THey don't even have a customer service number anywhere on their website or the bill they sent to me. That company is going to tumble. It's obvious, they don't have good customer service values, therefore, the best way to cheat customers is to remain hidden and avoid customers from returning products as they promised is guaranteed. Good Luck Christina Cosmetics. Your product sucks! I will stick with MAC and Benefit where the quality and customer is valued.
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   Neda S. -1 Votes
I like the product but an hesitant to order through their web site so I've been calling for 4 days now. I have been on hold for up to 40 minutes and nobody ever answers the phone. I don't understand. After reading all these complaints, I'm scared of Christina Cometics. I think I will stick to Bare Minerals which is a bit messier but really a great product. Neda-Chicago
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Stephk -1 Votes
Was considering ordering Christina Cosmetics but after reading all the negative comments I have reconsidered. Thanks to all of you that posted and warned perspective customers of the bad customer service. I hope everyone gets their problems resolved and if not I hope the BBB and the Attorney General's office is contacted. The internet is an awesome tool but when used to rip people off, dishonors the positive power of the internet. Shame on you Christina Cosmetics!!!
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   madasmadcanbe -1 Votes
I ordered this cosmetics many months ago...finally got the memebership cancelled after seveal attempts. I am fuming right now, I just checked my banking statment and see there was a withdraw for what? For Christina Cosmetics. I have not had anything to do with them and more then 6 months and now all the sudden I have a charge on my account. I am beyond mad right now.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   YETMADSTILL -1 Votes
I just made comments above, so so everybody is aware DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I cancelled this out immediately after receiving because I was not happy with the product back in February of 2010...this is December 2010, I have a charge on my account for this product line and I did not authourize this...remember I called and cancelled this...they ended up hanging up on me not once but twice and told me that I was on auto shipments after one year...if you look on line and try and go out to do your auto-ship 6 months is the longest you can do this. They are refusing to refund me and I never even received this product and worse yet, they told me I have another charge coming out in a few weeks. I plan to go to the bank to dispute this charge and any future charges...I have also sent a complaint to the BBB on them. ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, THEY WILL TAKE OUT OF YOUR BANK CARD ONE YEAR LATER EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL IT OUT.
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   van1 -1 Votes
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING PRODUCTS FORM CHRISTINA COSMETICS PLEASE DO NOT! THEY ARE A RIP OFF! I TRIED CALLING TO CANCEL MANY TIMES KEEP GETTING VM (CRISTINA VOICE) TO CALL BACK, THEN CUTS YOU OFF LEAVING WITH NO CHOICES TO CONTACT ANY LIVING BEING (THATS IF THEY DO EXISTS) I THINK ITS A SCAM AND SHOULD BE DEALTH WITH LEGALLY! I CANNOT AND WOULD NOT TOLERATE FRAUD!
 12th of Dec, 2010 by   Rebeccavee -1 Votes
To all of you who have been ripped off, the only way you will be able to stop the auto-drafts unfortunately is to close your current bank account OR close your current debit card associated with your account. Yes, it's the a pain in the butt, but Christina Cosmetics will no longer be able to get into your account. Also, don't just threaten to report this company to the BBB, FOLLOW THROUGH!!! If everyone complaining on the net will file with the BBB, they will be investigated and get an F rating.
It's what I did. So glad I did it too!

How You Can Reduce Your Debts