logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
American Credit Services
Phone call regarding a supposed loan
2. (12 mins ago)
Wilhelmina of PA
Wilhelmina of PA is a SCAM
3. (25 mins ago)
Kaback Model Management
wanted money without answering questions
4. (42 mins ago)
Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime=Scam.
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
united lending services
charging a fee for loan services

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Chinavasion Complaints & Reviews - don't buy from them

Chinavasion Contacts & Informations

Chinavasion

Posted:    howly

don't buy from them

I had similar bad experiences with Chinavasion. Product was dead on arrival and looked like it was secnond hand anyway. It was a solar laptop charger. Their email replies were slow and ignored my issues. The telephone support number in china came up 'number does not exist' in both chinese and english. Now they want me to send it back at my expense, but I don't want to lose ore money as some other people seem to have done.

This is my worst experience yet with online trading.

Be careful with Chinavasion!

Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Feb, 2009 by   The Hyacinth 0 Votes
I have purchased from Chinavasion many times before and have always received my products, However, if you are purchasing these items for business sales, wait till you get them before you advertise the items, the shipping times is anywhere from 30-40 days everytime i ordered, they give you a tracking number but does not appear on the EMS/TNT websites for at least 3 weeks, plus, they never respond to complaints or even business emails, and the extra charges (to Canada) are quite large and are not mentioned to you, even though after all the complaints they receive and is known to them, they dont tell you that there may be extra charges. Packaging is less than par, the boxes look like they were taken out of the cardboard bale machine and rebuilt with tape, and of course that is an attraction to US/Canada customs agents so it takes long to get it to you.
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   dwayne bengtson 0 Votes
i ordered a gps jammer from chinavasion it finally came but there are no insides in it the jamming device is not working because there is nothing inside the plastic case but one wire to light up the red light i was scammed on this product i think they sent me a store model with no jammmig device inside. will take this to the proper people and take it apart i thought it was alful light when i picked it up
 31st of Mar, 2009 by   jennifer123 0 Votes
I have bought a 10.4" ttouchscreen monitor from Chinavasion.com for $240 and its arrived as DEAD. The product has bubbles all over the screen and its not professionally manufactured. They have assembled the LCD Screen using double sided tapes. The stand comes with the monitor dont fits and th emonitor shakes like hell. The touchscreen not works and monitor restarts automatically. Seems to be a used/refurbished product.

So I have send it back for return and they have received it back. Now they are forcing me to accept the repaired monitor or they can only pay me $160 instead of $240. And that $160, I cant use to buy any other products, I have to use that money to buy fron their store. What a stupidity? I am 100% dissatisfied with the company and I never want to buy another product from this people. Please help me to get my money back:

Product price: $192

Shipping: &40

Warranty Return shipping $40
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   victor 0 Votes
I have heard alot about drop shipping frm china.I have also learn't that alot of scammers that operate as dropshipper companies.
Can anyone with enough experience assist me in advising about chinavasion.Are these guys genuine?
I will be grateful for any candid and honset reply.
Thanks
victor
 19th of May, 2009 by   Richie Valens 0 Votes
I suspected that company for some times and were not dare to order from a unknown company. After that i decided to make a phone call according to the website and Rose Li did answer. Since the time i was in China i told her i would like to make an arrangement to meet up to view the product before i pay, and as i was expected, she refused. She some how told me to make my order online and pay for it THEN i can make arrangement to meet her in the office to view the item. This company is a big time scammer that's for sure. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, go tell all your friends and whoever you know.
 21st of May, 2009 by   actboys 0 Votes
onThesource.com is like her name "Provide a smooth channel to make everyone on the way to source what you need at less expense". onThesource.com committees herself to help more and more middle sized wholesalers or retailers to expand their domestic and eBay business at fewer complexity and high efficiency. Currently, you can retail mobile phones, digital MP4 players, Memory Cards, Bluetooth Devices and other Electronics widgets(Data Cables) from China directly via onThesource.com
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   tonggo 0 Votes
Sorry to hear your story

i bought some products from www.mobilephone02.com, feel good till now, i pay by paypal online, they are fast shipping, i think it is good for me,
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   fence 0 Votes
now, i buy from www.mobilephone02.com
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   qsgsg 0 Votes
I've returned an mp3 player, wireless headphone and video reorder($120+). The first 2 arrived spoilt. When they received it they claim they receive only the first my mp3 player and the headphones.

As promised earlier they were to fix it and send it back. 2months of non email from them thinking i've forgotten, i sent them an email and they promptly replied that it cannot be fixed and decided to give credits to the CHINAVASION.COM store less the shipping back to me.

Guys their quality check is bullshit and if you received a faulty product then you can kiss your green back goodbye.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   china82009 0 Votes
I purchased a PHoo1 watchcamera and upon receipt it does not function. The watch also put a virus on my PC and laptop. I 'googled' the watchcam and found out the camera card in some of these products has a virus. Chinavasion has told me to return the product
however I must pay S&H! I hope this can be resolved properly so I can continue to do business with Chinavasion.
 14th of Sep, 2009 by   Luong 0 Votes
Hi all,
I lost the phone and start to look for the reasonable price. somehow I got the China vasion web and look their product. product look very good. I choosed my phone then would like to use paypal to pay. But now I saw these explaination talking about scam... this make me worry.
thank you for posting this.

Lou.
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Hrvojeee 0 Votes
Hey guys, I've also had some experience with chinavasion..
So far, I've ordered:

1x usb lighter 8gb
1x fm modulator
1x excercise watch
1x binoculars with camera

and i'm waiting for 2x led faucets! So thats 20 products total that I have paid for and got! Shipping time is usually 2 weeks by air mail, but i'm not complaining about that since i was expecting it to come so slow. That is the positive part of my experience! Now come the bad things; out of 20 products that i got, i tested 15 products and sold 5 without even opening them. Out of 15 products tested, 6 were either broke upon arrival or broke down within a month of using them! The worst thing is that i sold some things to my friends and it made me look like an ass! 1 mp4 car player broke down after 3 weeks, the binoculars don't have drivers for vista and even when i connect it to an older computer with XP, the usb isn't recognized so the camera on binoculars is useless. The spy pen camera has the same problem, after installing all the drivers on the CD (you get 20 programs and poorly written manuals) the usb isn't recognized so the camera is usless. I've also had a problem with the 4gb pmp dv camera which has a software problem, so i got it with defect and when i brought it to a specialised technician he said that the software for the camera doesn't work, so it's also useless. And with the cellphones, i was using one, the software is poor but it's a great bargain for that price because it has lots of great functions, but again i've had a problem because on one of the cellphones that i've sold, the internal microphone is defected so the person has to shout like an idiot to be heard. And lastly, the led faucet broke down after one month of using it, the other one works fine almost 3 months now!

What to say, how to sum up chinavasion when You read all this???? 6 out of 20 products are broken. Thats 30% of defect products.. and thats in the first 3 months.. I think thats terrible! I don't think anyone can make a profitable business with such high defect rate. I am aware that the stuff on chinavasion cannot be best quality for such a low price, but this??? At least it has to be operational when i get it, or else i will go broke in a week! Their staff is polite but answers slowly, in 2-5 days so thats another problem, and you can't get them on live chat or something like that. I haven't tried calling them though, but i will! I have sent back 2 products 1 month ago, but after reading other people's experience with chinavasion, i don't expect a refund any time soon.

All in all, the bargains there are in fact too good to be true and for that kind of money don't expect high quality, or even some things to work. The only thing that makes me mad is that some people report to have tens of purchases with chinavasion and everything works.. So the question is do they send broken stuff only to a few people or are their reports fake.

Hope I've been of some help! Cheers, ps. sorry for bad grammar!
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   slonny 0 Votes
God damn!! I really want to buy a Car DVD player from them, but after reading this, I have sereous thoughts! Have anyone some suggestions for some other china shop for Car DVD players?

15th of Jan, 2010 by   asjhdhduwywhwghwh 0 Votes
Fully agree, ordered three products, all three arrived faulty.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   asjhdhduwywhwghwh 0 Votes
Chinavasion is surely a dodgy site - I ordered a phone from them and when I received that piece of art I played with this phone for half an hour, then switched it off and put it in a drawer for a couple of months. Yesterday I tried to switch it on; however, the phone didn't start. I assumed the battery was dead and started to charge it, but nothing happened. Then I changed the battery (this product came with two batteries), but the result's the same - the piece of art still remained dead. When I contacted Chinavasion's support staff, they told me - quote "actually the things is when you not charged you cell phone for couple of months the battery going to be dead so that 's why you faced this problem". Interestingly enough, I've got a few old mobile phones that I haven't charged for a year, but these old phones and their batteries still work just fine. Conclusion: one should stay away from the site that sells things which do not operate as advertised.

By the way, I tried posting this comment on their site and this is the message I got: "Done! Thanks for your valuable feedback ! Your review will be checked by a moderator and then put online". No wonder there are only positive comments on their site. So my advise is stay as far away as possible from them.
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   lyd3z 0 Votes
Have any of you posted reviews on their website regarding your experiences? Just wondering if they delete the bad reviews and keep all the good ones as thats all you read on the website is good reviews.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   TreraLive 0 Votes
DO NOT ORDER FROM CHINAVASION!! They are the worst when it comes to customer service. I ordered some Christmas gifts (2 items) in early December because on their website it states: "Goods are sent out from our warehouse stock typically within 1 day of your order payment", this is a HUGE fallacy! 5 days went by and I had to send them a support ticket inquiring as to why my order wasn't shipped yet!! Within 24 hours of submitting my ticket my order was finally shipped...TO THE WRONG ADDRESS!!! They sent my order to a completely different state!! Needless to say, I did not receive my order until AFTER Christmas. They were negligent in the handling of my order because we had an agreement that my order would be in my hands within 4 to 8 days of them receiving my payment (including expedited shipping fees) and they did not honor that agreement. I sent customer support tickets about 10 times asking them to refund my shipping fees and all I get are "Our apologies, we promise to be more careful in the future" responses. I tried to speak to management about three times on their "live" chat and all I get are generic answers like "we will email you a response on your refund request" and "management offices are closed now so there are no managers for you to speak with". I requested for a manager to contact me when they were in and all I got was a response saying "I will try but I can't 100% commit to that", which basically means NO! I am completely frustrated with them and I feel like I am going in complete circles. I don't think Chinavasion fully comprehends what customer service is intended for. I feel like if they want to do business in the US then they should adopt US standards of Customer Service in which we are accustomed to. In the US, if a shipment was misdirected due to the error of the company, you would easily get your shipping fees refunded. Not so with Chinavasion. I can unequivocally say that I will never again do business with them and I urge you to do the same to avoid the stress and headaches that you will receive from their customer service department should your order go awry like mine did. BEWARE! You have been warned.
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   Augustinni 0 Votes
My first encounter with Chinavasion was the purchase of a PDA Touchscreen business phone in November 2009. It arrived with my customer within 7 days of ordering it.
Great service I thought but then the nightmare started. My customer emailed me to say the phone was not working and would be sending it back for a refund plus the cost of return postage plus the tax incurred (total of £129.40). I contacted Chinavasion who instructed me to return the goods for inspection which I did at a further cost of £15.26.
The cost to date, purchase of item from Chinavasion + carraige £78.76 + £129.40 +15.26 =£223.42 .

The returned item was sent by Royal Mail with a tracking number so I knew when it had arrived. It took Chinavasion two weeks to confirm its arrival and the item was faulty and they would issue a credit note. Six emails later, each one stating I did not want a CREDIT but a REFUND I am still waiting. I have not had the courtesy of one reply. I emailed Ms Rose Li in a last resort to solve my problem but alas I am still waiting a reply to that email. SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

Between the time of my first order and delivery of same, I ordered a Spy Pen. Guess what? That was faulty also . Two items purchased, two items faulty, even I can work out that percentage. Follow the words of Gordon Brown, "Take a long hard look" . Dont be caught out.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   jewc_inc888 0 Votes
Be very cautious of Chinavasion. I would recommend anyone that even thinks about establishing a business relationship with Chinavasion to stay away from them. I started purchasing from them 3 weeks ago. Bought over 20 items so far and was thinking about purchasing until about 1 1/2 week ago. Their tiering system is complete bullshit! I've spend over $1, 000 already over 10 days ago to reach their level 1 tiering. And for 10 days they did not upgrade my tier level, the reason provided was they need to "wait until the system updates. The way they describe is their system automatically updates the tier once the product is shipped out with a tracking number." Well it takes them 10 days in order to package the product and ship out the item and get the tracking number. I told them I have clients waiting so I need to purchase so I asked to to upgrade me. Always receive the answer that they can not do it manually and have to wait for the sytem to do that. I was a little concern because does not make sence because if their tiering is base on how much you purchase, then the system should update your discount to tier 1 pricing at the time the product is purchased not at the time the product is packed and shipped with a tracking number. Finally today I found out that the system updated, but low and behold something else comes up. Yes, they've updated the system and show me as at their tier 1 discount...the funny thing is the price for products shows the "exact" same cost for regular pricing as for the tier 1 pricing. So these guys are a bunch of unprofessional thieves. Customer and management alike are very unprofessional and does not understand how business is done. Also this is just a big scam, I should have taken my business elsewhere but because I've reached tier 1 and some of the products I was not able to source elsewhere I kind of have to purchase it from them. Also another thing is 1/2 of the items they show on their product list, they do not have. So you will have people buying when you go to purchase from them you will find out that they have discontinued them. Overall my recommendation is to stay away from these guys. They are a bunch of crooks. I have many friends in this business and one thing for sure they rep is down the drain now. There are much better and much professional china wholesaler/drop shipper to do business with than China Vasion.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   IRISH GUY 0 Votes
hello i bought the quad phone from chinavasion and first thoughts it looked ok ! delivered reasonably quick but after 2 weeks things started going seriously wrong.! THE ON/OFF SWITCH DOESNT WORK, I CANT SEND OR SECIEVE PICTURE TXTS OR GO ON LINE WITH MY SERVICE PROVIDER. OK THAT REALLY ISNT THAT BAD BUT WHAT IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING IS EITHER THE BIGGEST SCAM IVE EVER HEARD OR JUST SIMPKY A HUGE BLUNDER FROM CHINAVASION.I FEEL LIKE GETTING A FLIGHT OVER TO CHINA AND KICKING SOME SERIOUS ASS.RIGHT HERE GOES EVERY 20 MINUTES I AM BEING CHARGED .25€ FROM MY PHONE BALANCE FOR INTERNATIONAL TEXTS SENT FROM MY PHONE TO THIS NUMBER 106633552 .IVE NO IDEA WHO THIS NUMBER BELONGS TO BUT MY SERVICE PROVIDER ASSURED ME THAT IT IS MY CHINAVASION THUNDER PHONE. THE EXPENSE SO FAR TO ME IS OVER 60€ AND RISING.I`VE GOT MY PHONE OFF NEARLY ALL THE TIME. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT BUT I FEEL ITS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK.I CANNOT BARR THE NUBMER OR SEEM TO STOP THIS AND ITS COSTING ME A FORTUNE AND IM NOT EXACTLY A RICH GUY.I NEED HELP

Rising Prices to Hit US Consumers