logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
CheapOAir
Dirty dealing, lying and fraud
2. (1 mins ago)

Posted:    simbah

mildew

Soothsoft
Tennessee
I purchased a Chillow and within three months it began smelling like mildew. I was told by the company to wash it with vinegar and water and then with dish detergent. Also, to fill it with a combination of clorox and water. It continues to smell. They will not replace the product even after telling me that they receive a lot of complaints regarding this issue. A customer rep hung up on me after I requested to speak to a supervisor. I made several calls and they refused to connect me with a supervisor.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Sep, 2009 by   ConradP 0 Votes
Hi there,

The way you can keep your Chillow free from mildew is to keep it from touching any surface that does not absorb water when it is not in use. This is due to the Chillows temperature is now being higher than the surrounding air temperature. This will cause condensation to occur until it releases it's heat back into the air. Moisture and heat will naturally cause mildew if there is any bacteria present. We humans are covered in the stuff and will transfer it to the surface of the Chillow and presto.

Do not leave it folded over on it's self and store it flat on a clean dish towel when not in use.

Hope this helps!
 25th of Aug, 2013 by   vickie lago 0 Votes
To anyone to do with the chillow,

The first night in using the pillow, it was about 2:00 am that I realize that my pillows, and myself was very wet from the chillow. I had to put a towel down and get some dried pillows, Why didn't change my bed at this time was because my husband was sleep. I thought this produce will help me with chonic pain, but all get is wet.
 22nd of Dec, 2013 by   AmandaHart 0 Votes
Mine didn't last long enough to smell like mildew, because it quickly lost its shape and bunched together while also separating as if the cooling pad inside was disintegrating. I only had it maybe two nights before it bunched enough to be more of a hassle and a disappointment, having to try to keep it from sliding everywhere. And more annoyingly, on top of all that, it felt as if I was sleeping with a whoopy cushion!! It did atleast stay cool enough to deal with the disappointment until it decided to get a hole in it!! It's quite depressing how much of a let down it was after being so excited to think I would finally be able to sleep in my room again...
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   michelley 0 Votes
I ordered a chillow and got billed twice. they kept saying they cant find the order, now I said to cancel the whole thing and they say its on the way, bunch of bullshit, horrible customer service, stay away from this company!!!
 14th of Jan, 2014 by   idiotforbuying 0 Votes
This pillow is the biggest waste of money since the product Sensa was introduced. I ordered two and ended up, after all the junk fees paying more than they were advertised for. When I received them and realized that you had to fill them up with water and go through a process to make them work I decided to send them back. None of the details of how to make them work are included in the advertisements. I was told I could send them back at my own expense which would have been almost the same as what I paid for them so basically after paying for postage to send them back I would have been out the money I paid for them. I decided to give the process a shot. Low and behold there was a tiny hole in the rubber casing which meant that the water leaked out all over the table. Please take this junk off the market and quit pushing items on consumers that are of -0- quality. Stand up Americans and quit buying this type of crap that is made in CHINA.

Consumer Tips: Secure Personal Information