Chevrolet 2500 hd

6.6 Duramax Fuel injectors

4.45
General motors
California
I have a 2003 Chevrolet 2500 HD pickup with the 6.6 Duramax diesel engine. At 35, 000 mi the fuel injectors went bad and they were replaced under warrenty. The injectors carry a 7yr 200, 000 mi warrenty. At 81, 000 and 6 yrs, only 46, 000 from the first replacement, the injectors went bad again. I took the vehicle to a dealer and they charged me $190 to inspect and tell me what was wrong. They stated my injectors were bad but not covered under the warrenty??? They stated that cleaning the injectors needed to be done. I paid the $300 to clean the injectors, but the injectors were still bad. The dealer stated that GM would not replace the injectors under warrenty because they were not bad, but the truck still wasn't running correct. I ask if my injectors were bad and they stated yes but not under warrenty?? They said it would cost $5000 to fix, I said NO! I came home and called GM customer care, issues with warrenty, and told them my story. They in there wisdom called the dealer to find out the story and only took there side. They told me that they would not cover my bad injectors because the dealer said so, no second opinion or anything, just no. I still don't understand why they won't replace my injectors but are giving fair warning to everyone else out there that this has to do with $$ and if you are thinking about a new vehicle it would be wise to get away from any GM product as they are sure to go under with the way they treat there customers. I for one am switching to Ford and will never purchase a GM product again.
Complaint comments Comments (30) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

20th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
2003 2500 Duramax Crewcab 4x4 91, 000 miles, and white/gray smoke from exhaust at idle. Dealer told me 5 injectors sticking, and $3000.00 to replace these five, as they are not covered under the extended injector warranty.

Time for a new P/U, and it WILL NOT ever be another GM Product. You see, I also have a 1996 Dodge 2500 ex-cab, 4x4 Diesel, 209, 000 miles and still going strong, despite driving it like I stole it.

Why would anyone buy a GM Duramax if they won't sytand behind their product?
 27th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
i would say time to find a new dealer and dont go ford i had a 2003 f-250 had 16 injectors 4egr valves and and numerous updates that everytime hurt the performance on the vehicle in warranty total of 16 injectors out of warranty a high pressure oil pump 4 more egr valves inline fuel pump radiator injector wiring harness turbo cleaning and last but not least an ipr and icp valve work done in warranty worth $7200 in two years in the one year out of warranty grand total 12, 350 dollar +- a couple bucks now i have a 2003 duramax 155k miles no problems just a lot of oil changes dont do a ford it will be your biggest regret
 12th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
20o5 duramax diesel lly w/(78900) miles injector issues with moisture contamination ???????.

The problem I'm having is the warranty (GM) will not cover injectors due to moisture for a prolonged time that has rusted the hard lines going to the injectors. A Question I had given to the gm costumer assistance people is why do the install an item that would be potential to rusting and no real explanation to that was given but that I have moisture or have had moisture.
I have talked to a diesel fuel quality assurance person for shell oil and was told the caricaturists of diesel would have moisture in it and is inevitable. That is why they put water separators in diesel run products and diesel is a low refined product and still meets quality standards.

R&R of fuel tank steam clean tank replace all hard lines with new, fuel rail's injectors (NEW) will not install re manufactured.

This repair through the dealer is costing me $6700.00
This is to get even for the recall for the earlier models the(GM) had accrued.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
The injectors on my 2003 HD failed at 60, 000, they were replaced under warranty. At 96, 000 they have failed again. This time the dealer says I am liable. Apparently the 100, 000 mile power train warranty doesn't cover second time repairs which are only warranted for 12, 000 miles or 12 months.
Has anyone started a group law suit?
 25th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
2003 Chevy 3500. Number set of injectors. 260, 000 miles. Dealer said I was using dirty fuel. Bull!!! Last set lasted 75, 000 miles. they assurded me that that is the life of a set. Bull! Going to look at a Dodge. I have brought my last GM product. If a law suit gets started, I'll be in line for that.
 27th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
2003 Chev Duramax, injectors replaced by Chevrolet at 70, 000 miles, 4 years later (140, 00 miles) they went bad again, seems they are only good for 70, 000 miles. Even though I was told the first replacement set was warrantied for 100, 000 miles it was only for 3 years, $4, 000.00 out of my pocket repaired the problem, they did discount the repair by 20%. This, combined with a new transfer case, $2, 000.00, (pump rub if you are not familure with the problem) has convinced me to not buy another GM truck.
 7th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
03 gmc 3500 duramax inj done at 65000 128000 2 bad again gm didnt do crap im x gm tech @ service writer i know when thier blowing more smoke than my truck so i did them my self # 2 4 6 8 found little bits of metal some rusty in top of injectors none in tubing at all must of came from injector pump i replaced it too runs great pump came from gm reman injectors came from advance auto new gm only offers reman same price or cheaper it does take a injector tool gm will take our tax bail but know help for us thanks james in florida
 7th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
Just to let you all know and thank you. We are looking for a truck. After reading this site and a few others, the Chevy is out. We can deal with any make having "lemons" or a few with certain problems, but we can't deal with a manufacturer who doesn't stand behind their product. Thanks to all of you for the warning.
 12th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

Chevrolet - Slick salesmen
Chevrolet

Hanner chevy BAIRD TEXAS SOLD ME A CHEVY 2500 P/U WITH 88, 000 MILES. NOW i FIND OUT it has blown head gaskets. The salesman[Justin] said he knew the man who owned it, boy they must be good friends.I drove it for a mile to try it out and they say it was ok when I drove it. Now another chevy dealer, [a good one] says the gaskets are blown, and I will have to pay 3, 500 dollars.They said they have been blown for a lon time. Hanner don't care. They won't help me at all.please gosome where else to buy your vehicle, so you won't get ripped off.
 9th of May, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I'm going through the same problem, I paid for the 6 yeAr warranty, , why I have no idea, I bought the truck to haul my toybox so now with low miles well 48k low for 8 years old now I have the injector problem and now I got to pay out the ass for a problem that GM new about so instead of keeping there customers happy they are trying to rape me to fix it, I did take it in for one recall the tailgate cables, and what really pissed me off they could have had enough decency to take the made in china stickers off the cables so when I open my tailgate I didn't have to stare at the made in china on my chevy truck, sad situation when USA can't even make a little stupid cable.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have an 01' with 88, 280 miles on it. Blowing black smoke going up hills and when I accelerate. Service engine light comes and goes off on its own. GM dealership said I am on my own out of warranty. GM help line says they will see if they can help. We will see.
 4th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I've got an 04 and thus far have had no problem until at 151, 000 miles I am getting a cylinder 4 misfire. I'm trying to up the additives and see if it'll go back to normal. Was thinking of having dealer do an ijector cleaning. Any thoughts?
 7th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

Chevrolet - Bad Product
Chevrolet India
India

I purchased a Chevrolet Beat 1.2 LT on July 15, 2011. Upon usage of the car I
realized that the same had inherent problems from day one:

There a prominent banging noise coming out from the rear of the car.
The Mileage of the car is very poor 8 kms (approx.) per liter of petrol.

The Senior Sales Manager at the Dealership confirmed that the mileage at 8 km
per litre initially is alright and same will improve to around 12 later. The mileage
of 18 km mentioned in the brochure is never achieved and is only as per test
conditions of ARAI. One of their sales representative mentioned that the resale
value of the car would be Rs. 3.50 Lac, a loss of more than 1.50 Lac in one month
and 700 km!! The dealers kept the car for a long time confirming my opinion that
the car came with inherent defects and my requests of refund have fallen on deaf
ears.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes

Chevrolet - Lemon/ Poorly built vehicle/motor/parts
General Motors
Merriam
Kansas

I purchased a 2005 Chevy Equinox in May 2006 with just under 26k miles on it. It was the only used Equinox on the lot that did not come "certified" I should have know right then something was wrong. I also should have wondered why the vehicle was almost five grand less than all other comparable vehicles. I assumed I was just in the right place at the right time and signed on the dotted line. That was my first mistake. The problems began immediately, with the suspension, the sounds, the cooling system, the list goes on and on. The real problem has been the engine. In 2008 with less than 50k miles on it the head gasket blew. GM refused to do anything, because of course my warranty was over and it was not a certified used car with the extended warranty they were not liable. So I paid over two grand and had it repaired. A year later with 80ish thousand miles head gasket blew again, I called GM again, of course to be told there is nothing they can or will do, paid another two grand and had the vehicle repaired again. Yesterday 1/4/2012 while driving down the highway with my three daughters in the car, my car started smoking out the tailpipe so bad I couldn't see anything behind me, my car eventually died in the middle of the highway. I have since learned my head gasket has again blown. I of course called GM, to speak to a foreign person in another country and be told, GM has no recourse and there is no recall involving my VIN. I have read and read and read about the consumer complaints on this vehicle, it is clear I purchased a lemon, quite honestly after everything I have read I'm not sure if the problem is the motor, the coolant, the gaskets or what, but I am sure that this vehicle was manufactured by General Motors Corporation and they refuse to stand behind their product. I have spent over ten thousand dollars on repairing this vehicle and read about hundreds of other people in the same situation with the same vehicle. It is not fair that GM takes no responsibility for the faulty equipment/motor/gaskets what ever it is in this model of vehicle. I have been a loyal GM customer, as family has as well, and I will never purchase another GM product again.
 20th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have 2003 GMC 2500 HD Duramax and have the same issue. All 8 Injectors were replaced at 114 k. My truck has 162 k and now dealership says 6 injectors are bad. Just started the process seems like they don't want to pay for the repair.Will give updates
Thanks Kevin (If there is a lawsuit I'm on the bandwagon)
 27th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have a 2007 Chevy 3500 4x4 4dr with a Bradford Built flatbed, use it for hauling a horse trailer and at 30, 000 miles had alot of problems with the "Reduced Power" light coming on (reduced power means 25 mph regardless of where you are) after 6 trips to the dealership no recall was done and according to GM Service Techs an after market air intake would fix the problem...it did but had to pay for it out of my pocket!!!
At 84, 000 miles I started to blow black smoke on acceleration and going up hills, truck has been in the shop 3 times in the past 5 weeks... first time they reprogrammed computer and added updates, 2nd time they changed turbo sensor, this third time they changed EGR valve, still same problem. I went from 12mpg to 6 mpg, truck is going back to the shop for the 4th and last time for new injectors (covered under warranty as I verified with GM Powertrain Warranty this morning) if not fixed this time I will get the Lawyers involved. I understand that things break but I also understand that it is GM responsibility to fix it and fix it correctly. I have been a die hard Chevy guy for 20 years (this is my 4th Chevy truck in the past 20 years) I can also promise you it will be my LAST one.
 27th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
This is a Diesel 6.6 l (LMM) engine...in 84, 000 miles i have also went through 4 u joints and both the front and rear slip yokes...DODGE, here I come!!!
 16th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
reading all of these horror chevy stories, has pissed me off, I have a 06 2500 diesel. if I knew back in 07 when I started to replace my fuel filters, I would have researched this issue. GM never said anything about a possible fuel injector problem to me. this last year my truck has 60, 000 miles and my fuel injector valve is failing., It seems so weird you can only get the part from GM for around 1, 000 and 13 hrs of labor to replace a part that only comes from GM. so they want $3, 000 from me to fix my truck, who in their right mind thought GM was looking to rape me and my family out of this much cash to fix a problem they should have fixed or gave us a heads up about the problem! GM sucks, i'll never buy a GM product or recommend a gm truck to anyone! T Munz in Las vegas!!!
 21st of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

Chevrolet - injectors
GM
North Carolina

We purchased a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado for over 45, 000 new. We have had to have the injectors replaced three times. Once in Jan 2007, July 2010 and now...Nov 2012. The first two times were covered under warranty. My problem is that for this to be a problem again that apparently one of two things happened. That would be A - not installed correctly or B- design defect. Either way it is not something that I caused. Yet Chevrolet will not back up this last repair. I have contacted them and they have told me that they will not back it up even though the repair service told me they have seen this many times in this truck. I am very upset and from this point on have decided to never purchase a GM product again. I now have in my driveway two Silverados, Uplander, and a new style Camaro. I can promise that another chevrolet will never be bought by a person in my household again!
 29th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes

Chevrolet - Malibu LS
General Motors Corporation
168 lakescene rd
Kingston
Tennessee
Phone: 865-332-7679

I hit a deer head on hood damage grill damage ect. going 45 miles per hour with seatbelts on and my airbags didn't deploy This is apparently a big problem that GMC is doing nothing about. I could have been killed. I was under the impression this car had very good saftey features, but if they don't work what good are they. The Insurance adjuster was telling me today that the air bags should have deployed and he's still working on whether my car is totaled or not. I don't have a photo but I have been given a rental to drive until they decide whether to fix my car or make me find another one. If anyone else is having this problem let them know, maybe if they get enough complaints they will do something about it.

Chevrolet  Logo Chevrolet