logo

Scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Chet Holmes International Complaints & Reviews - False Claims To Charge Card with a promise that you can cancel at anytime berfore or after the training

Chet Holmes International Contacts & Informations

Chet Holmes International

Posted:    D Wall

Chet Holmes International
I heard a commercial for Chet Holmes Internaional for sales people/organizations that are looking to increase sales. I called them to ask some questions, the call was answered by a call center, and I stupidly gave them my contact infomration. I immediatley began to receive numerouis phone calls from the sales people for the company trying to get me to agree to a phone session whereby they "would evaluate if their company could assist me in achieving my goals" After many many calls, I succomed and agreed to speak with them, they are very slick, very scripted and now I understand with one goal to get you to agree to attend an online sesson for a discounted price of $199.00. They ask for your charge card to "Hold" your place, you are told that you are in now way committed and that you cancel at any time and get a full refund. I had intended to try the program and I gave them my charge card which they immediateoy charge.

As the date approached for the "Online Class" I realized that I had a business conflict and was therfore unable to attend. I immediately called to cancel and surpise, only got a Voice Message with a Voice Mail opiton. I left a message canceling my attendance and requsting a refund. The day came and went and I did not hear from them. At that point, I had my assistance start trying to reach them, she tried to contact them via their on line site, the phone number etc without success.

It has been over two weeks and we have not received any communication either by phone or in writing from Chet Holmes International. As such, I now am quite sure that this company is a fraudulent company using these tactics to get people to pay knowing that they never intend to refund or cancel the charge as promised. I have now disuputed the charge with Visa asking them to consider it fraud.
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Mar, 2009 by   Ted Miller 0 Votes
This is the very first complaint that I have ever seen about CHI and even though this is a first it is disturbing to me. My Name is Ted Miller III, I am Chet Holmes Vice President and after working here for 7 years that is a first. So let me go on the record as saying we have great procedures to never charge anyone unless they fail to show up or if they thought their experience was not excellent. After hosting this event for 19, 000 entrepreneurs in 23 different countries I image we could have made a mistake but even then we error on the caution. I question the validity of these comments because if this person could find this website to complain why couldn’t they find 1 of our 48 different websites to e-mail us or call us. Plus this alluded to being charged immediately…that doesn’t happen until after the event. If this get sent to the person who posts this please feel free to contact our headquarters. We are open 16 hours a day 6 days a week and yes we have voicemail after hours. We are committed to serving all people well and I personally assure they get treated properly. You won’t need to, but feel free to mention me by name to assure you have this dealt with swiftly. To greater success, Ted
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   vticeman 0 Votes
I too had a poor experience with Chet Holmes. I actually attended a webinar Jan 5, 2009 with Ted Miller and requested a refund.
I thought the webinar was reasonable, but it went much longer than advertised and I could not received the full webinar. I was not worried as it was carefully explained to me my card would not be charged until after the webinar. I would be contacted after the webinar to be certain I was fully satisfied, and then and only then would my card be charged. I had planned to explain at that point the issue and attempt to reschedule in a few weeks when I would return to the office.
The problem is that you are requesting a refund from another organization; across america. I dealt with Debbie Hodges. They probably are on a commission. Every time I requested a refund, the reply was always 'see cancellation policy'. I understand the cancellation policy. I attended. Everyone agrees to that. I continue to request refund and am continually told cancellation violation. It is certainly less than candid. In hind sight, I should have been cautious as the individual who signed me, Michael Rubin, up had a yahoo email address, not a Chet Holmes account. I do believe if anyone in the Chet Holmes company knew of the poor treatment I have received from across america, they would be mortified. Chet Holmes is in the business of consultation, a non-tangible product, your honesty and integrity are your most important assets. At this point it is purely the principal, not the $199.

I bought the book and liked it so much I bought several more for all my salespeople to read. I then bought the audio book. I was considering future consulting efforts with Chet Holmes, but after this ordeal, I'm not sure. Ted, if you can help please submit a phone number and direct extension and perhaps a contact at Chet Holmes. In hindsight perhaps I should have contacted you first.
 11th of Apr, 2009 by   Dr. Drew 0 Votes
vticeman -

I actually don't know who Chet holmes is or Ted Miller but I came across this complaint looking up info on Local Ad Link - I have to tell you - it's one thing to not show and call because of a conflict - and not receive your money back, its another to attend and ask for your money back because you had to leave. Most people complain because they feel cheated out of their money for not getting enough information or the same old information (like Brian Tracey) I'd say you don't have a case in this instance. I don't blame them for not wanting to give you your money back sir.
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   vticeman 0 Votes
Unless of course they boast "Money back guarantee, no questions asked".
And Dr. Drew, The webinar went an 1.5 hours longer than the scheduled 2.5 hours.
Say Hi to Ted for me.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   steves 0 Votes
I responded to a home improvement sales position and got pitched on their coaching business for $300 plus shipping. Sounds fishy to me.
 15th of Jul, 2009 by   Tregg Holbrook 0 Votes
I called in the same way you did and was invited to attend the online seminar. I admit I noticed that they were very "slick" in the way that they directed me into agreeing to the seminar. Like you, I was asked to give them my credit card to secure my spot for the seminar. It was made very clear to me that if I did not feel that the seminar was outstanding and a huge benefit, then I would not be charged. It was also made clear to me once I secured my spot in the seminar then the only way that I would not be charged is if I actually attended the seminar, paid attention to it, then made it clear to the presenter that I did not feel that it was beneficial. You cannot expect them to hold a spot for you, then not show up, and expect them to return your money. I can tell you that I am extremely grateful that the person on the phone was "slick" enough to convince me to sign up for the online seminar and took my card. Because once I knew that I had agreed to pay $199.00 then it became a priority to me and I made sure to attend. I actually had a conflict come up before my original scheduled seminar, I contacted them and they were great to work with me and reschedule a new time. Since attending the seminar (which is worth way more than $199.00) I have gone on to purchase several thousands of dollars worth of material from CHI and the benefits that have come to my business as a result have been far more valuable than the amount I have paid. Chet Holmes understands how to help businesses grow and improve as much or more than anyone I have come across in the past 12 years of owning and operating successful businesses. I tell my freinds and colleagues every chance I get to check out this company. Chet Holmes has always over-delivered for our business everyone I know that I have sent to them has thanked me and told me the same.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   Crusoefire 0 Votes
Oh man, can this last guy be anymore transparently CHI employee or what? I have been in business 25 years and NEVER, EVER, NEVER heard of these guys! I am totally fed up with crap like this, if it is such great groundbreaking material why is it you dont see it in mainstream media other than the scamnet?

Your web site, (I guess one of the 48) is so hokey I swear you must be some of those "we need a person to transfer funds" idiots. Ok not really, its just that I got an email on that then the next one down is this. Which by the way was sent as if they wanted to respond to my resume online.

I have decided to start lambasting every shyster that wings stuff my way under false pretenses and has the audacity to think most of us are complete idiots. NEWSFLASH!!! there are some out there, keep trying and you will find them and fleece them of their 199.00. To the one that complained why did you not contact your credit card company and dispute the charges???
I want to sympathize with you but have a hard time when you demonstrate such a lack of common sense!

Sorry I dont want to make fun of you but please pay attention.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   CAMOORE100 0 Votes
Hey Chet - you have but one chance to make me a customer, and that is send me the free report you advertised without pimping me for my credit card number. I asked for the free report, declined to buy the webinars, and guess what? NO FREE REPORT.

This tells me one thing - you want my credit card number. End of story. I've never hear of you - and so let the buyer beware. You will not see a free report.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   P.Wiseman 0 Votes
Crusoefire: "I have been in business 25 years and NEVER, EVER, NEVER heard of these guys! " The reason you're whining on this website and not enjoying the money from your increased sales is BECAUSE you haven't head of CHI. Look up who Chet Holmes is, bud. Do you know who Warren Buffet is? Charlie Munger? Your ignorance is quite obvious. Do some research, old man.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   dot2871 0 Votes
I took the webinar about a month ago. I liked it and thought it was worth the $199. I didn't like how they tell you to get off the line if you want your money back but stay on the line for more help. Then try and sell you a $3, 000 CD package. Oh well, I still thought it was worth the 199. Now they call every couple of weeks and email the hell out of me. They are always polite. They are just doing what everyone's sales team should be doing. As long as you know that you can talk to them and not be intimidated. It is at the end of the seminar they give you a different # to call to reverse or not chrge your card.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   Steve5555 0 Votes
Ha ha. I too called for the free report, commisioned slick talking phone dude tried 5 or 6 times to sign me up for a webinar with lines like "so why don't we get you signed up" and " don't you think your business could benefit from this etc"

I declined and was persistent. In the end, commisioned phone dude got irate and told me he would be sending my free report.

I never got my free report.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   ChetAdkins 0 Votes
It is sad that Sirius XM radio, CNN, Foxnews, etc., cant get very many "real" ads, instead they get a lot of scammer ads like this company. The radio ad clearly states to just call and we will give you free information, you wont believe what we give you for free! Well, it is not free if you are giving your credit card up front for them to charge as they please. Aren't we getting tired of all these scammers, from the credit planners, teeth whiteners, google advertisers, and "free" credit reports?? The worst part is that they are everywhere, Foxnews, CNN, etc.! Money talks, maybe I should make up an ad for some outrageous lie, take credit cards and have a policy written that hides and protects their scammer rules. But I guess they go by the old saying "there's a sucker born every minute". Just beware people... and if Chet ever shuts down, he can always try timeshares or teeth whitening!
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   alevy4406 0 Votes
Chet's new radio Ad is for thier ingenious Internet Marketing and SEO Search optimization techniques... so one question... if he's so great at SEO advertising, why does he only give out his phone number? Wouldn't he want to persons to go to his website or search for him online if that's what he's selling?

I guess because his name is associated w/ scams is the third thing that comes up when you search for him... he doesn't want persons to search online for him. Even though that's what he's selling...
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   Silverton 0 Votes
I just heard the ad for Chet Holmes..it sounded good as in it made logical sense of the 12 things done over and over as long as the 12 things are effective in your business. So I decided to give a call just to see what the "Deal" is! I got a woman on the phone that was very informative in the beginning, then I noticed a pattern of Name dropping such Tony Robbins and Jay abrahm and so fourth! Then she was hell bent on scheduling and getting my credit card info for a webinar of which is 100% refundable so she says! At this point I smell something fishy...Real fishy to me..at that point I told her I had to have some email information and she would have to call me back later! Too bad I did my research, I'll stick to my industry news letters to give me an edge in the Bar Nite Club Industry! I'm not bitting and I suggest you not bite either! Sorry Charlie! I mean Chet!
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Ed T 0 Votes
I heard Chet Holmes' advertisement on the radio, called the toll-free phone number, left a message with my e-mail address and requested a free report concerning five steps to Internet marketing success. Even though I did not leave my phone number in the message, the company got my number through Caller ID. As a result, I soon received multiple phone calls from very rude and pushy salesmen who tried to get my credit card information and as much money out of me as they possibly could.

Because I did not take the bait, I NEVER received the free report the company promises in their advertisements. However, I obtained a copy of the report from a friend. Not surprisingly, the report is 100 percent sales propaganda that offers absolutely no useful information whatsoever. For example, Step One literally is entitled, "Get on the First Page of Google." Duh? Imagine that. Unfortunately, there is no useful information concerning this Step--or any other Step--you can use to accomplish the task. In a nutshell, the report is merely a sales pitch for the company's expensive consulting services.

Hopefully the U.S. Federal Trade Commission will get the word and crack down on this firm.
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   cduesolie 0 Votes
Dear Mr. Ted Miller III, Chet Holmes Vice President and host of the event for 19, 000 entrepreneurs in 23 different countries, let me encourage you to promote your credibilty by proof reading your online responses to user complaints before publishing them. I would have thought that after hosting the event for 19, 000 entrepreneurs in 23 different countries, one of those 19, 000 entrepreneurs might have pointed out your spelling errors sooner and encouraged you not to make them with any more entrepreneurs in any more countries thereby presumably helping you sell more events to more entrepreneurs in more countries.

If not, let me be the first. Incredulity about the Chet Holmes claims is only exacerbated by such a lack of attention to detail and in any professional circle is considered unprofessional.

That will be $199.00 please, Mr. Miller.
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   STL 0 Votes
I attended an event with Chet and Tony last April where I paid over $1000 for the DVD program that was supposed to be shipped to us within a couple months. It is now almost February nearly a year later, and still not CD. I do however continue to get emails saying that we can expect to see the DVD shortly. He has placed the blame on Tony Robbins shoulders saying that Tony is a perfectionist and the DVD's will now not be available for another 2 months. I just want to know if this is even legal? Can they take your money, charge your card and promise you a deliverable and then never deliver? Just curious.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   Dr. R 0 Votes
I looked this site up because of the very same experiences I had with the Chet Holmes scam. One of the interesting things I noticed while I read this board were those who supposedly "did not work for Chet Holmes" and expressed condescending comments to those who wrote about problems with this scam. One even to speak about the age difference in a very negative way. This tells me that people at the Chet Holmes scam incorporated are attempting to disspell any and all alagations with regards to just how deep this scam is.

After getting pressured by their sales rep, I decided that I needed to do a little more research on this scam. Many state attorney generals have received complaints against this scam and are either in the process of creating a case against this scam or have settled "out of court" to date. This speaks volumes about this scam and I am glad that I did not fall for it. Even though like many others on this forum, I attempted to get them to send me the so called free 12 reports and like everyone else have not received them nor do I expect to ever see them.

As many of us have been told most of our lives is "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." and of course "Buyer beware." Both of these statements apply directly to this scam being spread across America via all of the venues it can place it's scamming advertisement.

As for the "younger" so called respondents "who do not work for Chet Holmes", grow up if you can, because when you have been in the business world 20+ years hopefully someone else will not disrespect you as you have done those who expressed their concerns on this forum.

Dr. R
Paladin Research
Phoenix, AZ
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   Entelechy 0 Votes
My experience: I signed up for the Webinar, giving my credit card number to confirm a space. The two hour presentation was impressive, so I signed up for the BGM home study course (DVDs, CDs and manual). The cost was around $3,800 if I recall correctly.

About two weeks after I received the program, I got an email from the Chet Holmes Company (to an email address different from the one I had used to sign up for the webinar) offering an “end of year” discount on the BGM for HALF-OFF the normal price. Here they sold me the program for full price, then just two weeks later they offered the BGM home study for half-off. I contacted the salesperson and asked why he didn’t offer the same half-off price to me? He tried to talk his way out of it, saying the discounted program was a “stripped down” version, not the same one I had bought. I asked him if the half-price version contained all of the DVDs. He said yes. I asked him if it contained the same CDs. He said yes. I asked him if it included the same manual. He said yes. So I asked him, just what IS the difference between the full price version and the half-price version? “Coaching calls” he said. Right. Coaching calls, I presume, with a commissioned sales person who is going to try to sell me more products and services.

I told the salesperson I did not want to do business with an organization I did not trust, and asked where to return the BGM home study course for a refund. After multiple attempts to try and talk me out of returning the program, he told me I needed to first get a “Return Authorization” from a different dept. He gave a number which I called, and spoke with the “Operations Manager” who was just another sales person who tried to talk me out of returning the program. I held firm, got the authorization to return, and sent the BGM program back.

Ultimately, they did refund my payment in full. But as a consumer, I found the over-all experience distasteful and would not do business with this company again.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   vticeman 0 Votes
So here's the carefully orchestrated scam. Find a bunch of folks that really could care less about loosing $199. Get them to give you their credit card. Make all sorts of promises on how your card will not be charged unless you are 100% satisfied. The only way you are charged is a no show. You can reschedule anytime. 1a) call to reschedule...oops, no live person, so leave a message. Eventually they will let you reschedule but you'll never get your money back. 1b) attend webinar. 2.5 hour webinar goes 4 hours. You need to listen to the very end to get the secret 800# to be sure your card is not charged. Fat chance. 2) Contest your credit card. NOPE, no refund here - even if it is 'no questions asked refund'. CHI has exploited some credit card loophole policy in reference to refunds. Case closed! Why bother. 19, 000 x $199.00 not bad.

Foreclosure - Options to Pursue, Scams to Avoid