Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

No refund

Chemistry.com
Tennessee
www.chemistry.com
I joined chemistry.com, signing up for their 3 month service for $99.97. Within 72 hours I changed my mind and notified chemistry.com that I did not wish to continue. Although chemistry.com rendered no services, they refused to refund any money. At best, I flipped through an automated 10 profiles. I only hope my credit card company will join my fight to recover my losses to this fraudulent, greedy site. I would not recommend anyone using this service to find a mate.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I also joined Chemistry.com, and within 3 days wrote to cancel my membeship, and requesting a refund. I got a letter from a customer service rep called Denise S explaining they did not refund money. I wrote back stating that I would do what I could to stop the payment, and would do all I could to inform others of their unethical practice. I filled out a customer service survey and asked to reach some upper management.
 26th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Eventually, to their credit, they did write to me saying they were issuing a refund. This may have followed my response to their survey.

See below:

Notification of Issue Change

Description:

Entered on 08/26/2008 at 14:58:33 by Gary S.:

Dear serendib3,

Thank you for contacting Chemistry.com.

Your account has been issued a refund of $99.96.

We are sorry to see you go and appreciate the time that you spent on Chemistry.com.

To view Chemistry success stories, please click on the following link: http://www.chemistry.com/success/successStories.aspx

For any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best of luck in your search for someone special,
Gary S

Entered on 08/20/2008 at 15:59:29 by sinclair@stanyangroup.com:
**This Issue is a copy of Issue #93320 of project Chemistry**
 15th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree. I cancelled after a month of receiving profiles with no responses. I cancelled on 11/27 and my account was debited on 11/30. When I called to question this and ask for a refund or credit back into my account I was told that I had to cancel on 11/26 in order to not be charged. The operator then wanted to help me with my profile and give me a deal so that I would stay. I told her I wasn't interested and then she tried to sell me "another deal". After talking with her I checked my chemistry.com account (since I was debited for another month) and I couldn't log in. Thank goodness I learned my lesson early. Now we know how they make their money!

Contact Us