logo

engine n parts Ltd,
Faulty Car
3. (20 mins ago)
enutra-101
receiving pills in the mail that i did NOT order
4. (31 mins ago)
ATT
Rebate scam/Deceptive Practices
5. (34 mins ago)
Ryan Smith
I think Ryan Smith tries to cheat out of my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Linda Kendall

fraud , misrepresentation

chemistry.com
chemistry.com
Some months ago I agreed to only a trial use for a month on chemistry.com. They charged my credit card $159. I tried calling them and emailing them many times with very little success. Finally I was credited $100. I have just noticed today on 7/24/08 they have charged my card again $159, when obviously I had declined their misrepresented bad service months ago when they tried over charging me.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Nov, 2008 by   Jennifer 0 Votes
The same thing is happening to me. I signed up for this website six months ago, for a six month only membership. The day my membership was to end, I noticed they'd charged $159 to my account. I deactivated my account and wrote them an e-mail asking them to remove the charge since I has not asked for 6 more months, nor had they notified me that they would be automatically charging my card. They wrote back that they don't offer any refunds - sorry for the inconvenience. I wrote them two emails back demanding that they refund me. I'm going to call them on Monday and if they continue to refuse, I'm going to report the charge as fraudulent to my bank account. I'm completely livid.
 2nd of Apr, 2009 by   grangoat 0 Votes
Thanx for the warning about the automatic subscription renewal. I called them and apparently they have an opt out policy. If you don't call them and tell them not to renew your subscription they will assume you want them to. They said they aren't going to renew my subscription now that I specificly asked them not to. I hope they keep their word on that.

I subscribed to chemistry a month ago and clicked yes to about 100 matches. So far I haven't gotten a single response not one of them has accepted or declined. Its probably because of this

"I have not paid for all the things you can do on this site, so if I don't get back to you, it's not that I don't like you...I just can't see your profile!! :)"

It seems that most if not all of my matches have been people who haven't subscribed or recently canceled their subscriptions. If this wasn't the case then someone would have clicked not interested. These people cannot communicate with me in any way. The best explanation I can think of is that I am being used as an advertising tool. When someone lets their subscription expire they send me their profile so that they will think about renewing it. Honestly they should be paying me for this not charging me $50 a month.
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   LEE_bochap 0 Votes
Pls report to this website they will take legal action against this company chemistry.com. Let the fraud stop !

What is econsumer.gov?
econsumer.gov is a portal for you as a consumer to report complaints about online and related transactions with foreign companies.
econsumer.gov is an initiative of the International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network (ICPEN). ICPEN is a network of governmental organizations involved in the enforcement of fair trade practice laws and other consumer protection activities. Learn more at www.icpen.org >

Website Questions or Feedback? econsumerwb@ftc.gov
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   LEE_bochap 0 Votes
seem like WWW.BBB.ORG (Better Business Bereau) are another better channel of getting this fraud company expose and your refund back

Ebay Paypal Scam, Seller Beware!

Latest Groups