logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
imt credit rpts ma
taking money out of my account
2. (46 mins ago)
nacons builders
nacons builders complaints
3. (46 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fraud - deducted money without permission
4. (46 mins ago)
No payment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CheapTrips.com Complaints & Reviews - Cheap Trips is a Scam!

CheapTrips.com Contacts & Informations

CheapTrips.com

Posted:    Tysun McMullan

Cheap Trips is a Scam!

Cheap trips is a scam. First they coerced me into a membership through false promises of another product. I think it was an I pod or something (I know I'm an idiot). Then they make you wait for a package for your password. Once I got the password I logged on discovered they really just forward you to reputable sites like orbitz for there good fares. I then tried to cancel and was told I had to do it by mail. I called the "customer support line" 10 times and got nothing but a busy signal. This company is a scam and they know it. That is why they make it so hard for you to cancel. This company makes money by keeping you in the dark about their lack of service long enough to milk you of a few bucks and move on to the next sucker.

Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2007 by   LWozencroft 0 Votes
You're not the only idiot. Not only did I buy a membership, I also fell for the misrepresented 'Vacation Club' package. I on the other hand cannot reach them by phone because they're toll free numbers are not available in my area (Canada), which makes it impossible for me to book they're services by phone.

Following is they're refund policy.....

"30 Day No Questions Asked Refund Policy: CheapTrips is a membership travel organization. You have 30 days from enrollment to request a refund for all services purchased. If for any reason, you are not satisfied within 30 days of enrolling, simply return all of your membership materials along with a letter of cancellation via return-receipt certified mail, referencing your International Membership ID number, and stating the reason you wish to cancel to: ACA/CheapTrips, PO Box 2036, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. A refund will not be issued until all materials are returned. Absolutely no refund can be given after 30 days from the date of enrollment."

The last line is the killer --- as they take so long to get you you're package that it is impossible to return the materials back to them in time even by return-receipt certified mail.
 21st of May, 2007 by   lydia spears 0 Votes
SINCE MAY/JUNE 2006, I am still waiting on my refund as of yesterday. Also Cheap Trips/ THIEVES, double charged my credit card. I reported this information to my credit card company, they will do all the investigation and proper actions will be taken... What's in your wallet? Also, never received membership package. They ripped me off, and took little over three hundred dollars and it makes me angry that Americans steal, abuse, and dishonesty from each other... Which makes it sad to be proud of your "freedom" country... Where everything is free including your identity.

SAD: STEALING, ABUSING, DISHONESTY. I guess this our country's new logo replacing: BASEBALL, HOTDOGS, APPLE PIE...

Cheap Trip Victim,
L.Spears
 24th of Sep, 2007 by   Brenda 0 Votes
CHEAPTRICK!!!

CHEAPTRIP.COM = EXPEDIA.COM
 24th of Sep, 2007 by   Lisa 0 Votes
CHEAPTRIP.COM change all the time the name of the "company",beware everybody!! CHEAPTRIP.COM is in Sun Valley, Idaho and you can try to talk with the office manager of this "business". (208)7268469,726-2212.
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   J.L. McLaughlin 0 Votes
I've been waiting for my package. No sign as of yet. Judging from the comments it is a long time coming. I feel so duped! I can't find info. on how to reach them at this point. Anyone have a phone number?
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   Diana Boatright 0 Votes
I could go on and on; but, I would only be repeating what has already been said. I will say though that I tried to reply to one of their e-mails titled Top Travel Deals. My e-mail was returned indicating "all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts". Shame on me for not doing my research prior to joining this bogus "organization".
 26th of Dec, 2007 by   Jason Adnerson 0 Votes
If you google this name it is also associated with another "Rippoff Report" issue. Her family must be proud...
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   Jason Adnerson 0 Votes
Does one have to have a graduate degree from a institute of higher learning in order to gain employment @ Cheaptrips.com? Her mother must be a gem.
 30th of Mar, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
Cheaptrips= Cheaptricks
CHEAPTRIPS.COM IS A SCAM, A FRAUD!
Cheaptrips location is in Sun Valley area in Idaho (p.o box 4500 Sun Valley 83353), but they are moving back to New Jersey, and change the name of the company, like this is easy to scam more persons.

If you need your refund call (208) 7268462 maybe you can.That is the manager person of the "business". BEWARE! THEY GOING BACKTO N.J.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Connie Lou Schultz 0 Votes
I regret that i hadn't checked the internet for scam reports. I was solicited by phone and given all these numbers etc and i did call the next day and cancel but to date I haven't received a packet in the mail to mail back. It has been about a week. I have learned not to do any transactions by phone especially if i am solicited. Well lesson learned. I any one have any information or phone numbers I can call and try to get my money back or addresses where I can write etc. I would appreciate you passing it on.

Thanks
 10th of Apr, 2008 by   Lillia 0 Votes
I wish I would have done more research about Cheap Trips before I agreed to purchase a membership. I have been doing research online trying to find a good deal on airline tickets for my family and me to take a summer vacation, I am always giving out my e-mail & possibly a cell # the next day I began to recieve phone calls, 5-7 calls a day some within minutes apart, Cheap trips is very persistant, for about a week, I finally took one of their calls quite late at night 9pm, spoke with someone named Drue, he offered me 4 free airline tickets, told me i would save 70- 80% on airlines, cruises, hotels, we like to vacation, it sounded like a great deal, He promised if i was not completely satisfied i could cancel within 30 days. The next morning I decided to access the website to find out this is a fraud, I immediately called the company to cancel, also notified my credit card co. Charges already went through so I reported it as a fraudulant charge, I hope I get my money back.
 14th of May, 2008 by   Brian 0 Votes
I am actually a telemarketer FOR cheap trips. And I work with Drew. DREW. D- R- E- W. For those coming across this page for the first time, please note that all of these people who felt like they have been scammed, are not spelling anything correctly, and might be too dumb to jump through a few frickin' hoops to get where they WANT to go.. FOR FREE. Of course, it's free. The way the tickets work: You put down a fifty dollar refundable deposit on the tickets, so that if you don't hold up your end of the deal, and confirm your reservation at the hotel, (which no matter how many times I tell the people who buy it about this function, they always call back and complain..) In other words, they are just not getting it. In other words, a smart buyer would realize first of all that cheap trips only takes the four major credit cards BECAUSE of their buyer's protection. Double charges are usually an accident, on behalf of the shitty telemarketer, not because we wanted to charge you twice, in fact, the computer system we work on, will not allow it. Even for another product. "this card has already been used to buy a product from this location today" is what is says when I had done it once trying to upgrade a person in the same day. Any time a person thinks it's a scam is usually because the telemarketer did not represent our services properly, usually because they're new. (or they're drew) And I don't think cheap trips can be blamed for it. (customer service #: 1 800 211 5119 )
 15th of May, 2008 by   barry reaves 0 Votes
I have tried to call your 1-800 number and have got no response. My question is how in the world can a company that sales airline tickets and hotel reservations be closed? So if is not a scam then why can't I login with the password and user ID that you gave me, also I have tried to reach you by phone repeatly and a recording comes on and said no one is available at this time. This is no way to run a company, therefore I am lodging a complaint against your company, because you are stealing people's hard earned money and you should be put under the jail house.
 21st of May, 2008 by   Jason Adnerson 0 Votes
I'm just curious as to why a Telemarketer is attempting to reinforce the integrity of a company who bills itself as "Cheaptrips"? Back to school you go & I would bet a dollar you might find your life a tad-bit more enjoyable making more than 50, 000 a year. Loser
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   Lisa 0 Votes
Call JOHN FERRY his phone number is (208) 726-8462 or Tiona Chistensen the lady than lie all the time, they are stealing people's money, they should be behind bars!
 25th of Jun, 2008 by   Fred Casden 0 Votes
I've been a member of cheaptrips.com for a few years, and I've never had a problem with their services. Getting through on their customer service line is easy depending on what time of day you're calling (I alway call before noon EST) and not one person at that company mislead me on explaining how to use certain features. In addition, they were nice enough to send me a new certificate for the 4 Free Tickets deal even though I didn't use it when I was suppoosed to.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by   livnlif 0 Votes
They claimed that I would receive a $100 gas card and free hotel stays. No gas card came and the free hotel stays had underlying charges that were more expensive than the hotel nights themselves. FALSE CLAIMS
 26th of Aug, 2008 by   r.m. 0 Votes
My complaint with cheaptrips is this, for over a week I have received numerous phone calls asking for someone named Cherise. After the first couple of calls I politely told the man on the phone he had the wrong number, AGAIN, and I wanted to stop receiving calls for this unknown Cherise. He assured me my number would be removed from his list.

I thought it must be a credit company trying to hound this woman. I also thought that would be the end of it.

However the number of calls has increased. I tell every caller they have the wrong number. I don't know Cherise. She cannot be reached at my number.

Earlier today I got another call, this time identifying the caller as being from CheapTrip. I didn't even bother to speak, just hung up.

A few minutes ago the phone rang again and a man again asked for Cherise. I asked him who he represented and he said CheapTrip. I explained that I had been receiving calls for this Cherise person for at least a week and I was tired of it. I wanted them to stop calling my number.

The man then proceeded to argue with me that I was wrong, that it must be someone else who has been calling for Cherise, and that CheapTrip had never called my number. As though Cherise is such a common name that he and ALL the other callers, unconnected with Cheaptrip according to him, had coincidentally called MY number looking for someone with her name. Yea, right.

What I want to do now is to contact someone in their corporate office, if there is such a thing, so that I can register a complaint about this particular salesman. You don't call total strangers and then accuse them of lying because they ask you not to call their number again. I'm fed up with trying to be polite with these people. I want to know how to get my number off their stupid list AND who I can complain to about this .

Can anyone help me with the current address/phone number. Or better yet is there an agency that handles consumer complaints like this?

Thanks.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by   f b 0 Votes
report them to fcc. they should follow do not call laws
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Gloria Dahlgren 0 Votes
I was called & agreed to get the package. Two days later I called to cancel the package & they said it was already sent. I told them that I needed the money for medical reasons. They told me when the package came, do not open & send it back to them. I would get the refund within a month. The supervisor told me just today, I did not qualify for refund because aI did not send them a letter. How can I get my $75.95 back. They sure are a ripoff.

Voting Against the Recently-Passed U.S. Health Care Reform