logo

1. (2 mins ago)
Kafaa
riverwood university
2. (8 mins ago)
incredible health remedies.com sciatica relief
money taken no goods received
3. (46 mins ago)

Posted:    step2ane@Yahoo.com

Cancellation Fees

Cheapoair
Washington
Watch out for Cheapoair. I booked airline tickets and decided to add car rental. Found out I don't need car rental as my company will pick us up and cancelled only to find out there is a $25.00 cancellation fee for supposedly the car rental place holding car for us!! This was week before we left, they don't hold cars for anyone. I travel for business and pleasure every month and have never paid fee for car rental or hotel. Also a few days after we booked the price of the airlines tickets went down by $500.00, I notice we won't get that rate, but if rate goes up some people have been charges. Watch out for this!!!
Comments United States Travel Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Sep, 2009 by   B Mian 0 Votes
You are crazy if you do business with this company. No service, do not respond too email, can't reach a live person unless you can wait for up to one hour. Information provided is not correct. If you have a problem with the airline canceling a flight, they just tell you it is your problem.
Used for one booking, never again.
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   Rcustsupport 0 Votes
Dear Step2ane, I do apologize for your inconvenience, I am assuming that you did not see in the Terms and Conditions prior to booking that a service fee can be applicable to all bookings and cancellations. We do display this information, however, the cancellation fee is waivable. If you have been charged to cancel the car, please contact me and I will see that your fee is returned to you.

As for the airfare, the airlines can reduce the cost of the ticket at any time, however, I think a savings of $500.00 is quite excessive! I can see 25.00-100.00 savings, but 500.00 that is something that really needs to be looked into. But all the tickets are non refundable once purchased and usually the airline does not allow refunds on already purchased ticketws. I do apologize that you planned ahead and the airlines yield management decided that they needed to reduce the cost of a few seats in order to fill the plane. Sometimes it doesn't pay to plan ahead, I should know, it has happened to me as well.

If you would like me to look into your concern further, you must contact me and provide me with the 7 digit booking confirmation, if you have been charged for the cancellation of the car, I will see that you are refunded. I do apologize for your inconvenience, and your satisfaction is our priority.

Regards,
randrews@cheapoair.com
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   step2ane@Yahoo.com 0 Votes
Thank you to Cheapo Air, they refunded the $25.00 charge for canceling the car rental. We are going to travel again in February and will see if they have good rates for plane tickets. Thanks!

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups