Scam and stealing

Cheap Discount Software For You
I searched for Windows Xp software online through comparison shopping on prices. I came across the website cdsfu.com, which is Cheap Discount Software for You. I ordered the CD and product key and they charged me a total of $63.48, including shipping and handling.

The CD came in the mail about a week later and everything seemed fine. They even send you a confirmation e-mail with a confirmation number and I printed it all out for future reference. Whenever you e-mail them, you always receive an auto-response email stating, ' Hello, Your email has been received. We work very hard to answer each and every email as fast as possible. All email is answered within 24-36 hrs. if you have not received a reply by then please check your spam folder. We do not ignore anyone. You must check your spam folder if you have not heard from us within 24-36 hrs. We are open 24 hrs for orders but answer email Monday thru Friday only. If you email over the weekend we will reply on Monday. You may check the status of your order 24 hrs a day by going to www.cdsfu.com, enter your user name and password you created when you registered Thank You for choosing CdsFu.com '

Well, a few weeks later when I decided I didn't need the windows xp software CD they sent me, I e-mailed a request for return address information and procedures and placed my request according to their 30 day policy. I received the auto-reply and then I waited. Two days later, no response, and none in my Junk mail either. So I sent two more e-mails including copy with date and time stamp of original e-mail requesting to return my software.

Waited until next day, still nothing. Then I started to feel taken. I started researching through google and other site what i could find out about this company and if there was a return address listed somewhere. Of course, there was hardly any information available, but then I located about 4 different websites reporting them for scamming them and also for being very suspicious. Additionally, when I ran whois cdsfu.com online, the site information comes up with different location in Malaysia and even a listing for a 'Jenine in the U.K.', but wouldn't give a physical address.

Then I looked at my credit card statement I received today and the listing is 'www.only-software.com' location:Riga. When I googled, 'Riga' it came up as a province of Latvia. What the 'f*^%!' man!

So now I have no way of returning this CD and product key, because they completely are ignoring my requests and probably other people too. Someone commented their credit card was charged and they never received any software. Another person said their copy was an illegal version of Windows XP software and even though it works it has a lot of complications.

What can I do other than to offer a warning for others to avoid these websites and straight up thoroughly investigate information on these online vendors. Have complete phone numbers, addresses and contact info. And check them out before ordering to ensure they're valid and you can reach them if necessary. Avoid the Soft4download to. Sounds suspicious and is located at the same spot my company comes from. All very scandalous!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful?

12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Cheap Discount Software For You - Awful experience
Cheap Discount Software For You

I placed an order with company for a Microsoft product on October 16th that was shipped out on Monday, October 20th. In my Invoice, the company specifically stated to expect my order to arrive in three to seven business days. When it didn't and I sent email after email and even tried calling them (they would just hang up within seconds every time!), I asked them to honor their 30-day guarantee and cancel my order to issue me a full refund of $63.48 USD.

Well, the company called my request for my order to canceled and refund to be given to me 'nasty.' That's a good one, especially when I received an additional email after my Invoice stating now that it could take up to 14 business days to arrive.

I told the company that they were operating like a fraud or scam to me and ripping me off for my money. They still refused to cooperate, cancel my order, and give me my money back. Their claim of '30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE FOR ANY REASON' (I copied and pasted it exactly how it is stated on their site, excuse the caps) doesn't mean anything.

This company should be avoided at all costs, in my opinion. As of this date, I still don't have my refund. Don't let them rip you off, too.
 4th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I submitted an order for Microsoft Operating System on 11/28. Never have received a return call or E-mail, and all attempts to call 1-866 number results in no one answering, day or night, weekend or weekdays. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. I SURE SHOULD HAVE!
 25th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Ordered the same XP pro. Never received the product. Six weeks and six emails later...no reply at all. Save your money.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Warning!!! This company is a huge scam. I too ordered a windows xp pro edition. There is no return address on the package.There are no phone numbers to contact only a message box. BEWARE. This company doesn't even respond to any emails. I will have the credit card company search for their location and the proper authorities look into this as well as the Attorney General. I say DEMAND answers .
 10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I placed an order for Windows XP, 1/15/09 received a cd in a week via UPS. I used contact method on their site to communicate that software id flawed. It does not install the Operating System. No response to 5 messages I left over 2 weeks . The software arrive via UPS. No return address and no paperwork. I am uable to find an address or phone number for cdsfu. Hence I have so returnh address. I will now request my credit card company to reverse the charge that cdsfu made to my account.
 12th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Everything that this article explains happened to me down to the exact same amount charged to my VISA ($63.48). DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE CDSFU SITE!!!
 10th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
thanks to you guys I didn't buy it. I knew I should have looked up background info before placing the payment. Thanks soo much guys lol. Fucking hate scammers..
 24th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thank you you guys.

I almost order WIN XP Pro on this site for $54.99 plus S/H $8.49:

Let everybody knows to avoid.
 7th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I ordered a cd from microsoft cheap discount software and iam looking for a # i can call i have not received the cd yet could u please help thank u
 6th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
If you still have the cd and reg key. I'll buy the copy you don't want anymore.
 13th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Placed an order for MS XP Pro with with SP3. Was offered a Cd as well as online download. Paid for CD. Received the CD but it is not a genuine MS CD. Loaded XP Pro on a system that I had rebuilt. Boots up & operates OK. After logging on to verfiy MS genuine Software you get a message that the Product Key was not issued by Microsoft and that the software is possibly counterfeit. No matter what background you set the background always is BLACK when you reboot. Microsoft offers to update and certify the OS for a measly $149.00 which includes correcting and / or providing any corrupted, altered or missing files. This also includes a registered product key. All attempts to contact CDSFU have been to no avail.

Contact Us