logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
2. (17 mins ago)

Posted:    Vicky

Scam and stealing

Cheap Discount Software For You
cdsfu.com
I searched for Windows Xp software online through comparison shopping on prices. I came across the website cdsfu.com, which is Cheap Discount Software for You. I ordered the CD and product key and they charged me a total of $63.48, including shipping and handling.

The CD came in the mail about a week later and everything seemed fine. They even send you a confirmation e-mail with a confirmation number and I printed it all out for future reference. Whenever you e-mail them, you always receive an auto-response email stating, ' Hello, Your email has been received. We work very hard to answer each and every email as fast as possible. All email is answered within 24-36 hrs. if you have not received a reply by then please check your spam folder. We do not ignore anyone. You must check your spam folder if you have not heard from us within 24-36 hrs. We are open 24 hrs for orders but answer email Monday thru Friday only. If you email over the weekend we will reply on Monday. You may check the status of your order 24 hrs a day by going to www.cdsfu.com, enter your user name and password you created when you registered Thank You for choosing CdsFu.com '

Well, a few weeks later when I decided I didn't need the windows xp software CD they sent me, I e-mailed a request for return address information and procedures and placed my request according to their 30 day policy. I received the auto-reply and then I waited. Two days later, no response, and none in my Junk mail either. So I sent two more e-mails including copy with date and time stamp of original e-mail requesting to return my software.

Waited until next day, still nothing. Then I started to feel taken. I started researching through google and other site what i could find out about this company and if there was a return address listed somewhere. Of course, there was hardly any information available, but then I located about 4 different websites reporting them for scamming them and also for being very suspicious. Additionally, when I ran whois cdsfu.com online, the site information comes up with different location in Malaysia and even a listing for a 'Jenine in the U.K.', but wouldn't give a physical address.

Then I looked at my credit card statement I received today and the listing is 'www.only-software.com' location:Riga. When I googled, 'Riga' it came up as a province of Latvia. What the 'f*^%!' man!

So now I have no way of returning this CD and product key, because they completely are ignoring my requests and probably other people too. Someone commented their credit card was charged and they never received any software. Another person said their copy was an illegal version of Windows XP software and even though it works it has a lot of complications.

What can I do other than to offer a warning for others to avoid these websites and straight up thoroughly investigate information on these online vendors. Have complete phone numbers, addresses and contact info. And check them out before ordering to ensure they're valid and you can reach them if necessary. Avoid the Soft4download to. Sounds suspicious and is located at the same spot my company comes from. All very scandalous!
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Cheap Discount Software For You complaints
Cheap Discount Software For You - Awful experience

Comments

25th of Jan, 2009 by   BucknDaOdds 0 Votes
Ordered the same XP pro. Never received the product. Six weeks and six emails later...no reply at all. Save your money.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   PSM 0 Votes
Warning!!! This company is a huge scam. I too ordered a windows xp pro edition. There is no return address on the package.There are no phone numbers to contact only a message box. BEWARE. This company doesn't even respond to any emails. I will have the credit card company search for their location and the proper authorities look into this as well as the Attorney General. I say DEMAND answers .
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   clg01 0 Votes
Everything that this article explains happened to me down to the exact same amount charged to my VISA ($63.48). DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE CDSFU SITE!!!
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   ohanselo 0 Votes
thanks to you guys I didn't buy it. I knew I should have looked up background info before placing the payment. Thanks soo much guys lol. Fucking hate scammers..
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Peter Nguyen 0 Votes
Thank you you guys.

I almost order WIN XP Pro on this site for $54.99 plus S/H $8.49:

This is DANGEROUS SCAM!!
Let everybody knows to avoid.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   Twanger88 0 Votes
If you still have the cd and reg key. I'll buy the copy you don't want anymore.

5 Reports Tracking You