logo

Dillards
Mistreatment of employees
2. (10 mins ago)
TroysFlorist.com
They have never made a delivery
3. (10 mins ago)
Indeed.com
This website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website
4. (14 mins ago)
Windsor Blue Superkings
now only 19 cigaretts in a pack instead of 20 why?
5. (30 mins ago)
DramaFever.com
$99.99 charge

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Care, Portland, Maine Complaints & Reviews - Automatic Shipments Won't Stop!

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Care Contacts & Informations

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Care

Posted:    Fooled Once 365

Automatic Shipments Won't Stop!

Chaz Dean sold by Guthy Renker
Portland, Maine
I saw this on tv. It was totally unlike me to order something off an infomercial, but I decided to try it. I liked the product. I let my friends try it and they liked it. It was totally something I would have bought more of. On my own terms.
When I received a second package, and saw my card being charged again, I called to cancel the autoshipment that I apparently signed up for. (I recall being very careful when I filled out my initial order form because I didn't want to get sucked into this very situation.) I believed the issue was closed.
My card was charged a full three times after that for products I had cancelled. When I called Chaz Dean again to plead my case and beg him to stop robbing me, the person on the other end of the "customer service line" was cold and almost taunting, informing me that I had signed up for this.
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall of the board room where Chaz Dean's financial advisors sold him this business model. In the end, this was a product I liked and would have continued to purchase if Chaz Dean and Guthy Renker had been up-front, honest, and customer-focused. I take comfort in the satisfaction I get when I tell my friends, family, clients, the world wide web, and anyone else who'll listen that it's not a product worth trying.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2010 by   SisterGenny 0 Votes
You can buy it directly from Chaz Dean or from QVC one at a time when you want it no enrollment and no auto monthly charges. Do NOT NOT NOT buy it from Gunthey Ranker. They suck. But I also really like the Wen. It makes my hair really nice. I get mine from QVC as they sometimes have pagage deals. Be careful however becaue some of the QVC offers are again auto enrollment in the "club" and auto charges to your credit card. Buy only the single products choices from either QVC or the Chaz Dean salonn. Blessings, SisterGenny
 18th of Jul, 2011 by   Cranky Old Lady 0 Votes
You did sign up for this shipment program thru Guthy Renker, You did so when you chose to pick up your phone, dial their number placing your order by giving them your name, address & credit card information, Chaz Dean is Not the only product they sell on their infomercials they sell other products as well & all of those are on a shipment program as well.Guthy Renker did not call you, you called them.So might I suggest that instead of trashing Products that you said you liked & would buy on your own terms as well as trashing Chaz Deans good name that you go to QVC.COM They have a complete line of Chaz Dean Products that you can buy on your own terms, You can do so with One-Time Only Shipment Or you can go on Auto Delivery & you can skip Or Delay a shipment Or cancel the auto delivery program whenever you want.There's No Fees Or membership Dues & they have Excellent Customer Service Professionals that will treat you right If you should have a Question, Problem, Concern Or you want to manage your Auto- Delivery.Dont Trash Chaz Or his Products because you made the poor choice of calling Guthy Renker instead of calling QVC.I swear by Chaz Deans Cleasing Products & I only buy them from QVC.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   Me and Me too 0 Votes
I have same problem with Wen Hair Products! I have continually told them I am not interested in their product anymore, DO NOT SEND ANYMORE PRODUCTS TO ME. They are screwing up my checking account and credit!
AND YES IT STINKS AND I FELT LIKE I HADN'T SHOWERED FOR A WEEK. IT DID NOT EVEN GIVE ONE DAY OF HAIR LOOKING GOOD.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   Cranky Old Lady 0 Votes
Theres a proper way of using these products and dont understand why people do not watch the DVD that comes with them as far as not being able to stop your shipments for the products. Are you getting them from Guthy Renker? If So and it's being billed to a Debit Card Or Checking Account then maybe you should Not have the funds available for them to billyour Debit Card OrChecking Account You could also tell your Bank you lost your Debit Card Or maybe you just need to empty your Bank Account and Use those Funds to Open a new Account so that your credit wont be ruined, They will get the point and stop sending you the products.Have you called Customer Service and told them you dont want anymore shipments?You could always send the shipment back after you open it and write on the Invoice Cancel Membership?
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   CHESTER STOCKFISH 0 Votes
IT HARD TO ORDER THIS PRODUCTS WHEN YOU DID NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD I DID AND I HAVE NO PRODUCT IT BEING OVER A MONTH THIS IS LAST TIME I WILL THIS PRODUCT I'M MAD I CAN NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT OUT I GOT THIS OFF THE COMPUTER THERE IS NOTHING ON COMPUTER IF YOU USE A CHECK IT HARD TO ODER THIS MY CHECK I WANT MY PRODUCT
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   KIM CARBARY 0 Votes
i love it and orered it off tv which i have never done. even paid shipping to receive the product sooner and i am still waiting for the product. Where in the world is it. If your not sending it then credit my card NOW !!!
 21st of Nov, 2011 by   Margret333 0 Votes
Guthy Renker has been an absolute nightmare. I ordered a introductory pack and quickly decided I didn't want to receive any more products. So I phoned them to cancel about 6 months ago. Last week to my surprise they charged my credit card over $40 without permission. So I phoned Guthy Renker and spoke to two different people who were both very rude and constantly talked over me while I tried to explain the situation. They insisted that my account was not cancelled but only suspended even though I clearly instructed them that I did not want to receive any more products when I phoned 6 months ago. They now expect me to pay all the postage - that's over $20 including return postage for a product that I clearly told them I don't want to receive. I've got a life threatening medical condition and can no longer afford these extra costs. They are stealing peoples money and show no respect! I refuse to pay for the postage, so I have to wait and see if my bank can do a credit card chargeback. I'll never buy anything from Guthy Renker ever again.
 15th of Jan, 2012 by   RFlowers 0 Votes
I order my WEN products from QVC and have never had a problem other than when an item is sold out and I have to go one wait-list (an excellent reason to go on auto-delivery).
I have found Chaz to be an ethical, moral, sensitive, and caring business person. When he appears on QVC he goes into great detail about how to use his products and beyond that he sends a DVD with many of his products.
I have been using his products for about 2 years and I can honestly say that my hair has become so much healthier. In addition, I had a double chemical treatment last year and used the products the stylist recommended. My hair broke off so badly that I seriously thought I was going to end up bald. I went back to my WEN products and little by little my hair came back. I just kept it trimmed and used my WEN products.
Thank you Chaz Dean for the Love you put into your work. R Flowers from QVC.
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   TSP-KMA 0 Votes
I, too, got accidentally sucked into the auto ship. When the 2nd package arrived and I called to cancel the account, I was not told that this 2nd package was actually $95 (not the $29.95 that I paid for the 1st shipment) and that I would be billed in 3 installments for this. So even though I had cancelled the account and sent the 2nd package back (which has not been credited yet), they went ahead and charged my account for the 2nd installment of that 2nd package. When I called over this latest charge they assured me that as soon as my return was processed I would be credited for everything except shipping & handling. "So you're going to charge me S&H for something I didn't order, didn't want and didn't (knowlingly) authorize?!" That appears to be their plan. I'm letting my credit card company assist at this point. I will say that I LIKED the Wen product. I thought it was a little expensive for as much as they tell you to use, but as others have observed, if you use less product and don't wash your hair as often, that will bring down the overall cost nicely. Bottom line for me, however, is that if this whole shipping thing is Guthy Renker (not Chaz Dean) then my advice is for Chaz to stop going through Guthy Renker, period. This has been such a poor experience for me (and it's not over yet), that my feeling is to NEVER buy the Wen line again even though it seems to be a good product.
 8th of Aug, 2012 by   Jacks-Girl 0 Votes
My mom was buying ProActive for my daughter (Guthy Renker). She called me this morning wanting to know if I had maybe added some make-up and Wen shampoo to her account. I did not. So she called ProActive to find out what was going on and there was a slew of product companies all linked together that drained her account and left the account $1200 overdrawn. They believe it was an employee who got a hold of my moms information. The police department said they are seeing an increase of complaints like this. The shipping address had been changed on my mom's account. But the Guthy Renker policy will not allow anyone to get the information off their OWN account. So she had to cancel her card, file a police report and wait for the money to be refunded to her. I think the ProActive product is fabulous, but DO NOT GET IT THREW MAIL ORDER! GO to the mall! This is a VERY CROOKED COMPANY!
 24th of Sep, 2012 by   kimct 0 Votes
I would NEVER order this again. This company is unethical. The continued to bill my credit card after I had canceled. I had to block their ability to bill further in order to stop it. My credit card company is now researching there erroneous charges. The product is not that great -- do yourself a favor and buy products from companies that treat customers right!

Tips How to Avoid and Report Consumer Fraud