logo

Nulexa
scam
5. (18 mins ago)
Bethea Jenner
Astrology and psychic rip off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Care Complaints & Reviews - Never Buy!!!!

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Care Contacts & Informations

Chaz Dean Wen Hair Care

Posted:    souldough

Never Buy!!!!

Complaint Rating:  83 % with 1926 votes
Chaz Dean
PLEASE NEVER BUY THE CHAZ DEAN WEN HAIR CARE SYSTEM OR ANY OF THE THEIR LINE. 1ST OF ALL I SAW THE AD ON TV SO I THOUGHT IT SEEMED WONDERFUL SO I GOT ONLINE AND BOUGHT THE SYSTEM B/C THE PRICE WAS VERY FAIR. WELL THE PRODUCT DID NOTHING FOR ME MY HAIR FELT OILY AND WEIGHED DOWN AND PRETTY MUCH DID NOT CLEAN WORTH A CRAP...BUT HO KNOWS MAYBE I USED IT WRONG SINCE THERE WAS LIKE NO PROPER INSTRUCTIONS JUST OH HERE IS SOME TIPS ANYWAY TO MY SURPRISE I WAS PUT ON A MEMBERSHIP LIST WHICH HAS MAILED ME A THREE MONTH AND LISTEN TO THIS IT TAKES 29.95 OUT OF YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT EACH MONTH, SO I IMMEDIATELY CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE THAT WAS ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND I TALK TO A MAN ON THE PHONE WHO TELLS ME HE CANCELED THE MEMBERSHIP AND I CAN JUST SEND BACK THE PRODUCT AND ONCE IT IS RECEIVED I WILL GET MY REFUND...SO I WAS LIKE OK THAT, S NO PROBLEM ILL SEND IT OFF TODAY. SINCE THE PACKAGE WAS NEVER OPENED THE MAIL PERSON ADVISED ME TO JUST SEND IT BACK BY REFUSAL SO I DID ( THIS WAS A MONTH AGO) WELL APPARENTLY EVEN WITH THEM KNOWING I HAD RETURNED IT AND CANCELED THE MEMEBERSHIP THEY STILL ARE TAKING 29.95 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT EACH MONTH AND TODAY WAS THE THIRD MONTH WELL I CALL AGAIN AND I SPOKE WITH A WOMAN WHO PRETTY MUCH TOLD ME IM SCREWED UNLESS THE PRODUCT GETS THERE WHICH CAN TAKE 8 WEEKS ANYWAYS WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS THAT SHE STATED THAT IF THE PRODUCT NEVER GETS THERE THEN I WILL NEVER GET MY REFUND...WTF I MEAN SO THEY COULD BE SCREWING ME OVER AS WE SPEAK WHAT IF THEY ACT LIKE I NEVER RETURNED IT AND NEVER RETURN MY 97.80 WHICH I WAS SCAMMED OUT OF THIS JUST SUCK AND NO ONE ELSE SHOULD GO THROUGH THIS I ADVISE YOU GUYS TO NEVER BUY HIS PRODUCTS B/C I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO AFTER THIS I AM SOO NEVER BUYING ANYTHING OFF THE LATE NIGHT TV CRAP...ANY WAYS SOOOO JUST WANTED TO INFORM EVERYONE.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Sep, 2009 by   Stacey Hurn 0 Votes
WEN is a great product. Used correctly, it does what it says. Do not Auto Order from Gunthy- Renker. buy thru QVC, and I assure you you will have NO problem. I love it, and its no more expensive than all of the other tons of crap I've tried!

Stacey Hurn
Alabama
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   Gisele Colletti 0 Votes
I bought the lavender cleanser/conditioner on Ebay to try it. I have had problems also in the past trying to stop auto shipments of other products. I do not ever want to auto ship anything for that reason. I have fine, color treated hair that gets dry at the ends. Even though I use shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair my ends still frizz. I LOVE the way Wen makes my hair feel after I rinse it out, nice and soft, even better than when I use shampoo for colore treated hair. I cannot use the cleanser/conditioner as a conditioner as they say. It dosen't work for me so I was going to purchase the system from the infomercial but after reading all the complaints of autoship scam even if you did not want autoship I decided to go with QVC. I never have a problem with QVC or HSN so I t rust them. I will post again after I try the other products in the line.

So it's not really a problem with the product itself but the company Guthy Renker that promotes and sell it. The product line has more choices for different types of hair that I did not see at the Wen website. Perhaps the people that are unhappy with the produt did not get the one that suites their hair type or did not follow instructiones.
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   Malou-La-Croix 0 Votes
I have very, very thick hair prone to frizz and dryness. My Mom ordered Wen on QVC and gave me the Aloe & Cucumber and the Fig to try. In my 39 years I have never used a more miraculous product and BELIEVE ME I have tried them all. My hair is shiny--something it has not been in years! Amazing stuff. Pricey, yes, but to me worth it. I won't do the auto pay, I will purchase on eBay or something.

I think Wen products are a serious breakthrough in hair product and we'll start seeing other companies copying the formula (like they did with the whole Mineral Makeup thing).
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   aceash11 0 Votes
my comment is to GREU. it's one thing to read the directions and follow them but it's another when you do all that and your still not satisfied with the product and then try to return it in the alloted time and you are told it's taken care of and you are continuing to be charged. it is frustrating and makes you feel helpless. if a customer wants to cancel and they do so properly what should happen to the company when they don't fulfill their end? should they be allowed to just disregaurd the customers request? what happens if we didn't have money to pay the contract that we agreed to? could we just ignore them and continue not paying? no, they would stop the shipment of the product and ding our credit and send the debt to collections. what are we the consumer to do when they don't hold up their end?
To all others that had a problem with this company and are still trying to get their money back please let me know my business helps people with these kind of problems. i put the power back in the consumers hands, email me. thank you all and have a great day!!!
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   Jeniffur 0 Votes
I did not have any trouble with money being taken out of my acount. I read the information provided to me on the commercial and in the box with the product. I called and cancelled in the time designated. The product is a bit pricey and I wanted to say it doesnt work, but since I went back to my old hair care products I really see a difference. I would continue to use it if the price was a bit lower.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   ActressMFR 0 Votes
WEN WORKED GREAT for my 4a texture!!!

My friend told me to try this product for my naturally coarse, dry, and tightly coiled hair. I loooooooooved it!! DO YOU HEAR ME??? ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! Not everyone can use every product on their hair. IF it doesn't work for you, then MOVE ON! Don't bash a product just because you're using it incorrectly OR it's not for your type of hair. WEN is NOT CRAP!! It is WONDERFUL for those who need extra conditioning and choose not to wash their hair with shampoos that contain so much detergrent that it strips the hair to a crispy nightmare!! With 4a hair texture, you constantly struggle for moisture and WEN gives it to you.

Now I don't know a THING about Gunthy because my friend gave me some of this to try. Furthermore, I don't order from these infomercials; I have been looking for it online to purchase. THANKS to those who've suggested QVC. I will RUN to that site to order this product. Anyone want to see pics of my WEN HAIR, email actressmfr@gmail.com - would love to give you my horror stories BEFORE WEN. CHAZ, if you're looking for another spokesmodel give me a call, LOL!!!
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   Shoppinjunkie +1 Votes
To you people who agree to auto-ship an item you’ve never used or order something from an infomercial – do you do it just to have something to bitch about OR are you one of those “special” people that needs a keeper? Seriously – you give a sales company your BANK ACCOUNT information, then complain they use it? And then to slam the product because of your ignorance or because the Post Office has rules about what they will ship back for free, just makes you look EXTRA special stupid. This is the biggest problem in our country today – people don’t take responsibility for their own actions and always want to blame someone else.

RE: WEN products - they are okay for some, fabulous for others. My daughter (age 22) has to wash her hair every day because of a really oily scalp, but that dries out the rest of her hair severely. The first time she used it, she DID NOT FOLLOW instructions and – as a result – her hair dried with a greasy look to it. After some discussion, she tried again and it was better. She washes her hair first with a different cleanser, then applies the Conditioning Treatment, taking care not to get much on the top/front part of her scalp – then rinse, rinse, rinse – at minimum 3 minutes. If she is in a hurry, she doesn't use it at all, because it is critical you rinse thoroughly. She found this works best for her and the end result – silky, shiny, long flowing hair with no split ends.

I’m 52, menopausal, with baby fine, thinning, board-straight hair that is VERY difficult to hold any style; my hair is getting dryer every year; very dull, no shine. I was using so much styling product and hairspray just to get a little volume & hold that it was drying out my hair even more. Now I use WEN every time I wash my hair (twice a week) and have had co-workers and friends ask me if I changed hairdressers and what hair color am I using because my hair looks so great. NOTE: I DON’T USE A HAIR COLOR AT ALL. My ashy brown hair is now very healthy, shiny, with a little natural bounce – the silver gray hair coming in is not as noticeable because of the incredible amount of shine. I spray on the new WEN lavender volumizer WHILE blow-drying my hair to add volume and it is FAR superior to the other styling products I have tried. I take it with me to my hairdresser, for her to use on my hair. Yes, I like it that much.

WEN products are not for everyone – it is expensive; it does take extra time & effort because the cleanser does NOT lather, which throws a lot of people off on how much to use & how long to leave it on; you use about 3 times as much product as regular shampoo, but you don't need an additional conditioner; if you have extra oily hair, you will need to experiment with it and still may not like it – but we love the results. We both prefer the Lavender products, for the fragrance & the slight tingle it gives the scalp. Don’t order off the Infomercial – it CLEARLY states you will be signed up for a regular auto-ship membership when you do. Check QVC for specials & package deals – they usually have good prices.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   1Lena G +1 Votes
I am sure that this issue is not lost on Guthrey Renker, Chaz or Melissa Gilbert. There must be changes made in the payment system to allow for immediate cancellations with product in hand or not. If not, why don't all of you nice people get together for a nice little Class Action Suit. I'll bet you will be listened to then.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   GREU 0 Votes
They do cancel when someone calls, but if you (the customer) has a package in your hands, we are not going to stop billing you for that package until you return it. if YOU are not capable enough to return it and get proof that you have returned it, then maybe you should not be ordering the stuff in the first place. You wouldn't call Wal-mart up and say I'm going to return this item in 3 days, give me a credit now. They would laugh so hard at your request and tell you where to stick it before slamming the phone on you. Guthy Renker is not the only company who does installment billing, but they do have a pretty fair policy on it. If you place an order online for the Chaz Dean Wen, it does give you a policy box you have to agree to. It's up to the consumer to read the terms and agree to it. If you say no you don't agree, then the order will not be placed. SO why can't everyone admit they are just lazy and didn't read everything they were supposed to?

And as far as a class action suit, you know what, Guthy Renker tells you and informs you. No lawyer is going to take this on when they see how much info is inclosed. It's not GR's fault you are too stupid to read information when it's handed to you.
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   kureous2know 0 Votes
Was going to order this, so glad I didn't. I looked up the "KEY" ingredients. ALCOHOL is the 3rd and 4th ingredient in the conditioner, and the 2nd ingredient in the re-moist intensive hair mask. How is alcohol any good for your hair? I was taught that it is very damaging and drying to your hair. Just curious. Glad for any "response".
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   mbjutah 0 Votes
I have been a Wen user since 2007 - and I cannot see myself using any other shampoo/conditioner ever again on my hair except Wen. I am a bleached blonde, have had trouble with dry and split ends for years. Wen completely transformed my hair. It's soft, shiny, full of body, and luxurious. Chaz Dean is a hair care genius!

Oh yeah, I also read the instructions thoroughly, before using the product. Duuuuuuh!
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   Confused_Help 0 Votes
Okay so im really confused. I asked my mom to order it for me and she said yes. We havent ordered it yet. But everyone is complaining about how much it sucks. And then some people, including a proffesional hairdresser, is saying that they love it..What? I want to know if there is anyway to avoid the billing of every month because i know that my mom would hate that..cuz i really want it but i dont want to pay for it every month when im not ordering it every month.. <.<""
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   mammypammy 0 Votes
I ordered my product with a prepaid card from walmart, havent gotten my shampoo yet. It's been 3 weeks. If they try to take money for a monthly membership then they will not get it, they will only get the money that I paid for just the one time. I will never ever give out my bank account number so that' s why I got the prepaid visa card.
We'll see how the product it when I get it. Who know's...
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   Paliki 0 Votes
I have been using the WEN hair care system for over a year now, my hair is super thin and i can iron curl it in an instant, but the iron curler can also fry my hair.I started with the Almond, but after about 3 rounds of that I changed it to the Aloe cucumber, it has a minty finish...ssssssssooooooooooo awesome smell!! The WEN products have made my hair super shiny and a little but thicker over time because it conditions the scalp as well. I have Psoriasis and taking IV treatments to control it, but my scalp was never completely controlled, i still would have breakouts here and there randomly. But with the WEN products it not only conditions my scalp, because when you rinse it off, it smooths over the skin too. so no more dandruff, no more boughts of challenging psoriasis breakouts. EVERYONE MISSES THE DETAILS!!! Thats why your hair is weighd down, you need to rinse with warm water all the oils and crap out of your hair before you apply the WEN. comb it in and leave it on. final rinse with warm, COMPLETELY!! everyone whats to leave a little in, but this is the "dirty" stuff in your hair. RINSE it out and final finish WITH as COLD as you can stand... now the CONDITIONER in the round TUB, use that less than a dime, according to your lengh, smooth it IN YOUR HAND first. then put your hands on the ends then work your way up. when you towel dry, it leaves the perfect amound of conditioner in your hair with out it weighing down. maybe 3 to 4 times a month i would use regular shampoo because i am in a total rush, but everyone at work can realy tell i did not use the WEN products because my hair is all fly away and no body, and just has no direction when i use regular shampoo. I LOVE the WEN PRODUCTS. and if your hair is messed up thats because you are not using it correctly. ALOHA from Hawaii, Sylvia
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   xraytech 0 Votes
THIS SERVICE IS A TOTAL SCAM. Do not order this product PERIOD. I asked right up front how much shipping would be and the operator answered $5.95. Since that seemed reasonable, I went ahead and provided the information to order. After providing the information, including the fact that the order would automatically renew for over $100 beginning 30 days after placing the order. However, I was then told (after having provided all my credit card information) that the $5.95 shipping would take approximately THREE WEEKS. I clarified that meant I may or may not even receive the product within the 30 day "trial period" and before the $100 automatic charges began accruing. The operator answered that was correct but for an additional $7.95 shipping charge, I would get the product within a week. So, the bottom line is this, unless you pay almost 50% of the total cost of the product for shipping, you will likely not even receive it before they begin charging you over $100 for the second (automatic) shipment. When I told her that was ludicrous and to cancel my order, she hung up on me. I then called back, asked to speak to a supervisor (it's been 20 minutes at this point), and the supervisor told me they are a subcontractor answering service (Convergys) with call centers all over the U.S. and there was no way for them to track back whether my cancellation went through or not. Just to add insult to injury she reported it was my fault she couldn't look into it because I didn't obtain the operator's name. I pointed out to her that she hung up on me before I could do so. I was then directed to the Wen company and spoke to a woman who seemed very nice, who balked at the idea that I would have to pay an additional shipping charge to ensure the product got to me before the automatic shipments began. I pointed out to her that it was obvious the first operator was following a script and that the supervisor confirmed the script. I find it difficult to believe this company is not aware of the heavy handed tactics used by its call center.

Bottom line - unless you want to waste your time tracking down this ripoff and stopping significant automatic renewal charges of over $100, DO NOT CALL 1-800-987-3600. THIS IS A TOTAL BAIT AND SWITCH.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   sad hair 0 Votes
i also loved the product... but. i called to ask a question about dying my hair. thats when i found out i was being billed another 65$ on dec 17th. well i said i didnt want that, to cancel. then i was told i could do it in 3 "easy" payments, so i thought that would be doable.! WRONG they took the 65$ on the 17th and canceled my shipment! so after 6 phone calls 3 supervisers. i still dont know where my money is. i am heart broken beceuse i loved the product. i live in the south and i have naturally curly hair. i feel bad for Chaz Dean having his name on the same page as Guthy Renker, because i well never buy it again
 2nd of Jan, 2010 by   ProductReviews 0 Votes
Anyone with problems with Guthy-Renker products should immediately call Guthy-Renker Corporate Offices.

Guthy-Renker, LLC.
41-550 Eclectic St., Suite# 200
Palm Desert, CA 92260
(800) 274-2910 or (760) 773-9022 ext# 5001 for Customer Relations
www.guthy-renker.com

Hours: 9am-5pm Pacific Time Weekdays.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   dtscrusin03 0 Votes
I'm just adding to the pile.

I ordered a hair-care product from thier website - paid $40 or so and received the product I ordered! SATISFIED
Then a couple months later, I receive a package twice the size and billing for more than twice the price! -automatically charged to my debit card, of course.
I call "customer service" (they don't know the meaning of those words) and a supervisor continued to stand by the company that they had done nothing wrong, and that I had actually agreed to this "club membership" when I placed the order. "Information was provided to you on the website and in the literature with your first order"
HOW FINE COULD THAT PRINT HAVE BEEN!

If I had actually asked to be a member of a "club" and wanted to recieve this product and pay this price every month, WHY AM I CALLING? WHY AM I SO ANGRY?

I was placing my first order after seeing an infomercial!
Why!??! How?!?!? WHY WOULD I AGREE TO PURCHASE, AND PAY FOR, TWO MORE BOTTLES, IN THE FUTURE, OF A PRODUCT I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED YET!!!

I agree, from a dishonest direct marketing persepective, this is a BRILLIANT income-generating tactic. But it's theft. Enjoy it while you can, Chaz...

A company gets repeat sales from the quality, appeal, effectiveness and demand of its product. Not because they MAKE people buy it.

Now, it doesn't matter whether I like the product or not. The BRAND has been DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR.
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   Adrialla 0 Votes
I am SO glad I check out reviews of products before I buy from infomercials, even those endorsed by celebrities. Thanks to all of you who contributed to this board on the Wen hair products. Letting the rest of us know of your concerns with this product has definitely helped me avoid the same pitfalls. I won't be ordering this product thanks to your insights.
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   natural junkie +1 Votes
I just saw this infomercial and thought, hey could this be better than what I'm using now? It's made to sound so incredible so what's the deal? Well, I looked up their web site and found their pitch about skipping shampoo and use Wen cleansing conditioner instead. Well anyone can skip shampoo and use conditioner to pretend to 'cleanse' and get heavy weighed-down hair - this is nothing new. Sure my hair won't be dry or frizzy because there's no real cleansing happening. Shampoo is about cleansing the scalp and removing sebum build up and flakes and then using conditioner to make hair look good once your scalp is clean. I don't see anything in Wen that will keep my scalp healthy, only make my hair look shiny and frizz-free (which is good but not enough). And as soon as any silicone or related 'cones' are in the product (Wen has Amodimethicone) it will attract pollution from the environment to coat and weigh down hair even more so you must wash it again the next day. Wen also contains Dimethylamine and according to the ewg.org 'Skin Deep' database, Dimethylamine is carcinogenic. So it looks like I'm skipping Wen and staying with the natural shampoo and conditioner that I've been using.

Houses: Rent or Own?