logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Youth weekly Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
2. (6 mins ago)
star-loans.co.uk
Scammed me for £49.50
3. (19 mins ago)
sify mail id
mail id is not accessible
4. (24 mins ago)
ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
5. (29 mins ago)
Freebingo.com
I would recommend anyone thinking of joining and playing not to do so

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Chase - Marriott Visa Credit Card, Palatine, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Cheats customer with wrong and bogus information

Chase - Marriott Visa Credit Card Contacts & Informations

Chase - Marriott Visa Credit Card

Posted:    Valerie

Cheats customer with wrong and bogus information

Chase - Marriott Visa Credit Card
PO BOX 94014
Palatine, Illinois
www.chase.com/marriott
Chase Marriott Visa Credit Card provided 0% APR on balance transfer to me for 6 months. I borrowed $20,000 on 11/2007, and I paid minimum payment afterwards monthly. I paid on 1/23 for Jan's payment which was 4 days' late due to my travel.

1) My first call to customer service:

On 1/23, Right after I made the late minimum payment, I called the customer service to explain the late reason and asked to restore my 0% back. I was told that he would submit a request for me and there should not be any problem to restore my 0% APR back. However, he told me to call back after 1/28/08 to make sure it would still be 0% APR.

2) My 2nd phone call:

After 1/28 (forgot the actual date), I made call again, I was told there is no previous request to restore my 0% APR, but she submit the request now and there should be no problem to restore 0% APR.

3) On 2/12, chase cardmember service wrote me a letter, I did not read it till 3/2/08

In the letter, it says:

The promotional balance is still active. However, in accordance with the term associated with your account, you may lose the promotional APR as of the first day of the billing cycle in which a default occurs. If this is the case, your next billing statement will indicate that your promotional APR has changed to your standard APR.

---------------

On 02/2008 's statement, they do charge me over $260 finance charge and $39 late fee.

---------------

If I was told that I would lost my promotional APR earlier, I would pay my full balance in Jan, 2008 to avoid furture finance change, but I just know it for sure now. I just paid my balance in full since I was told the interest is 15.99% and accumulate daily.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Jan, 2009 by   Terry -1 Votes
I totally agree that this is cheating the customer.
I have religiously paid my installment everymonth on time for 3 years. I closed my account to keep the interest rate from rising.
This month I forgot to pay and was late by 4 days.
I pleaded with them to retract the fee and reduce the amount of APR but they refused.
It went up from 14.99% to 28.99% just for one late payment in all this time.
I wish someone would create a class action suite against these people.
No other credit card does this to you.
I still think American Express is the best.
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   teacupmama -1 Votes
Love Marriott/Hate Chase..I had problems with Chase before so I am closing my account...When I received my first bill they tacked on $31.oo in finances charges this was my first statement from them. It seems they charge $23.40 to balance transfer and finance charges tacked on to that no usual grace period but this was not disclosed online where I applied in the first place. I was not even informed that was accepted or if the balance transfer went through and there was no way to contact them to close the account or change the balance transfer.

I also had a bad experience when I had a no hassle airline points card from Chase. They kept changing the rules so I could not claim my reward flight miles. It was a nightmare and very much of a hassle. I will never use Chase again for any of my credit card or banking needs.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   8644 +1 Votes
What don't you understand about the meaning of "late"??

ATM Skimming