logo

$37

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Certegy Check Services, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Payroll check denied!

Certegy Check Services Contacts & Informations

Certegy Check Services

Posted:    shopgirl

Payroll check denied!

Certegy Check Services
Tennessee
I have tried twice with my payroll check. The first time they said that my payroll check "could" be put in a category that could be used in identify theft. This time they said that they don't have proper information on my company. Two months ago they cashed the payroll check. These people need to go out of business.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jul, 2008 by   Eric C 0 Votes
I agree certegy is a garbage company. I work for country mutual and obvoiusly there payroll check is good. Went to the local wal-mart that (i did not realize)uses certegy. Had a giant cart full of groceries and was just going to use my payroll to pay and get the rest back in cash like I had done a few times in the past. Needless to say check was declined by certegy for a suspicious routing # similar to those used in fraudulant checks. The kicker was an hour later I went to the my bank and cashed the check - no problem. Perhaps if consumers look for the certegy logo at stores and do not shop at those stores for using there check services...we could send the "get bent" message certegy truly needs to hear.
 18th of Jul, 2008 by   M. W. 0 Votes
I totally agree! This is absolutely absurd! I attempted to case a Wal Mart Stock check at Wal Mart, no less and was DECLINED! I was given a toll free number to call and spoke with none other than a rep from Certegy. The time spent on the phone trying to understand why a check from Wal Mart (stocks sells) were declined was a total waste of time. To additional insult, I attempted to cash a check from American Express (AND WE ALL KNOW OF AMEX) and that check was declined, again courtesy of Certegy! I asked for a written report of my file (if one existed) as to why I keep getting declined. This met with negative results! I am fed up with Certegy!
 18th of Jul, 2008 by   M. W. 0 Votes
I totally agree! This is absolutely absurd! I attempted to cash a Wal Mart Stock check at Wal Mart, no less and was DECLINED! I was given a toll free number to call and spoke with none other than a rep from Certegy. The time spent on the phone trying to understand why a check from Wal Mart (stocks sells) was declined was a total waste of time. To add additional insult, I attempted to cash a check from American Express (AND WE ALL KNOW OF AMEX) and that check was declined, again courtesy of Certegy! I asked for a written report of my file (if one existed) as to why I keep getting declined. This met with negative results! I am fed up with Certegy!
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   mo-money 0 Votes
One (one) alternative to your check being evaluated for potential fraud by the dispassionate computer program that embodies years of expertise and works the same way every time for everyone that Certegy employs is to have some merchant's minimum-wage, drop-out, shift-working, short-term employee eyeball you and your ID and deciding for themselves based on whatever criteria enters their mind if you and your check look credible. Is that what you'd prefer?

Unfortunately, fraudsters create realistic looking checks and IDs that closely mimic the real thing. No one, and no computer program will always get it right all the time. This is a given. Even calling the check issuer or a bank is unreliable because you cannot always know who you are calling, it doesn't make financial sense (why take a check, in that case) and money can be withdrawn from a bank before the check gets paid.

Ideally, we'd all know our merchants personally, and they us, we would always treat each other fairly and with respect, and we'd never try to get over on anyone, but the reality, I am afraid, is otherwise.

Health Care Without Insurance - Medishare