logo

Certegy Check Services Contacts & Informations

Certegy Check Services

Posted:    Mea

Poor customer service

My husband travels. He occasionally writes a check from his check book. He obviously has a different check book than I do. We can't share the same set of checks when we are not in the same town. We happened to be together today shopping at Walgreens. I wrote a check to pay for our purchase which was declined. I stood at the register and called Certegy because I have funds in my account and have never bounced a check. I could not for the life of me imagine why my check was declined. It was because my husband wrote a check from his book earlier this week and our checks were out of sequence. Have you ever grabbed the wrong check book - not to mention couples who may operate out of two check books. This ques the Certegy system to decline your check. Although my husband was with me, we had both check books with both sequences with us, we both had multiple forms of ID, we have very high check numbers from an account that has been open for over 20 years and we had a deposit slip showing funds of over $5000 available as of yesterday - there was no exception to the rule. Centergy refused to make any kind of exception. They also informed me that if either of us attempted to write a check at ANY store in the Centergy system, it would be declined for the next three days. I discussed this with the manager of Walgreens and he is at the mercy of the Centergy system. I have worked in the collection and check recovery business for over twenty years. I helped develop and impliment an electronic check solution. Our solution allowed our client to use the system to alert them of red flags but also to make sure they could provide good customer service in a case like mine. My entire family uses Walgreens for prescriptions, personal items and household items. We may spend an average of $500 per month, easily. I will opt NOT to shop at Walgreens and I will attempt to find a non-Centergy contracted store to make my purchases, even if I have to pay more at a local, family owned, pharmacy in my area. This system bullies consumers. Stores that buy in to the philosephy that the need that kind of service to protect themselves are foolish. There is another pharmacy down the street from almost every Walgreens in the United States. When you are in a competitive market like that, you need to think just as much about customer service as protecting yourself from fraud.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jun, 2008 by   Gena 0 Votes
I couldn't agree with you more. I also had my checks out of sequence as I had grabbed another book of checks on a prior day and used one at another store while I was in a hurry. I also had plenty of money in the bank, no bad check writing history not to mention overdraft protection through my savings account as well. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and not shop Walgreens!!
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   mrs sassy 0 Votes
MAYBE THIS IS FOR THE BEST. ANYBODY THAT SHOP @ WALGREENS FOR EVERYTHING SHOULD BE GLAD THEY REFUSED THEIR CHECK. WALGREENS IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I HAVE MONEY TOO BUT WOULDN'T DARE SPEND IT ON THAT EXPENSIVE MESS.
 16th of Aug, 2008 by   mariareynolds 0 Votes
Certegy is the enemy for me, they wrote their own checks with my name and deposited in my checking to get paid $ 20 each on 2 checks that where returned one month ago it was for inssuficient funds but they did not have a right to get then selves paid like that, and also I am excluded to write check at Target, Walmart, and many more .
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   D***S*** 0 Votes
I could not agree with you more!!! I cash my checks at wal mart, and I work with bank of america, so i cash my checks get money orders, pay bills and by grocieries, 1 day they decline my (WORK CHECK MIND YOU) said they could not cash it and it is because it falls with in the 24 policies they have, i was like are you serious you cash them all the time and you cant today!! was like are you freaking kidding me, but they told me if i come back tomorrow i can try and it will probably go thru! i ask why they ay the policy will change!! I FEEL SAFE WITH THEM!!! DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY HAVE YOUR SS# NUMBER, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBERS, ROUTING NUMBERS, DRIVERS LICIENCE NUMBERS, ASK YOUR SELF HOW SAFE DO YOU FEEL NOW!!! WAL-MART USES CERTERGY I WILL NOT GO THERE NO MORE AND NOW I CAN TAKE WALGREENS OFF NOW!!!
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   Azara 0 Votes
There is many stores that go through Certegy. I too, am going to try to find other stores that do not go through them...I hate them. I feel victimized by them. They are cocky with their lame, "sorry for the inconvenience" bullcrap. And they wouldn't even give me a reason why I was declined.
I filed a complaint with the BBB and am going to write some angry letters. I am planning on letting the stores know and realize there are people being judged wrongly by the system they have allowed to rule over them.
Maybe I will write to Chris Matthews...maybe someone should check them out. Obviously they are hurting the business's perhaps more than helping them. I know I am not shopping at Walmart anymore for me and my family.
If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Credit Report Ripoff?