logo

Ross Dress For Less
Dont EVER work here!!!
3. (0 mins ago)
Direct General Auto Insurance
customer dis satisfied of insurance coverage not legit
4. (9 mins ago)
Fox TV Sports
Score box off the screen
5. (11 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-12-11 by    Road750

Bogus Pricing

CenturyLink
Colorado
Ad featured on "Complaints Board"" site offers a 5-year price guarantee of $19.95 for high speed internet service. But when you actually shop on their site, the $19.95 price is only for 1.5 Mbps service. (not exactly high speed!) You discover that actual 12 Mbps high speed service rockets up to $34.95 unless it's bundled with other high dollar services. So there is really no savings at all over cable services! What a rip-off!
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Dec, 2011 by   @CenturyLinkHelp 0 Votes
Hi there, Road750!

We may have some different options to look into for you. If you send us your account information we'll be able to see if there are any additional promotions you qualify for. We're here to help! :)

TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Thanks!
 15th of Jan, 2012 by   SNRockyMtns 0 Votes
As a new customer I was under the impression that I was getting the DVR service and also On Demand capabilities. I went through 5 calls prior to ordering and stated what I was looking for and what I had with Comcast. I won't even go through all of the conflicting information I received via those 5 calls. When my receiver was delivered it was a standard receiver - which I had agreed to because I thought that meant it was NOT HD (since I had been asked if I had HDTV about 20 times). The installer called in to his office when he arrived at my house to ask about my DVR and was told that "the promo code entered for the order had expired" and that I should call and someone would be able to bring me the DVR for no additional charge. (I heard that being said to him via his mobile and it was, in fact, what he told me when he hung up). I called Century Link (was re-routed there from Directv) and after 3 hours on the phone was told by a supervisor that I was wrong and I would have to pay to have someone come out with the DVR receiver. - there was nothing they could or would do for me and there was no such thing as a promo code for the DVR receiver.

I literally just now realized that I also do not have On Demand capability without that receiver (which was something I had expressed was important to me since I had On Demand with Comcast) so I called Directv. I spoke with Mario who told me that since I was within the 90 day window I should absolutely be able to get the DVR receiver I had anticipated without an additional charge - but I would need to call Century Link. I am not sure why I had to spend 3 hours post delivery with Century Link only to be treated so rudely and told that I was out of luck. Naturally I was frustrated by the end of that 3 hour call. I had been with Comcast for 15 years and only switched over due to what I was told I could receive via the 5 calls prior to my official order and sadly the experience I have had with Century Link is now affecting my feelings about Directv. In a time when loyal customers are tough to come by and retention rates are of utmost importance you would think that Century Link would be cognizant of the fact that they have the opportunity to retain a person who had been with Comcast for 15 years.

So, I am going to attempt the nerve racking effort of calling - again- to try to receive the DVR receiver I thought I was getting from the start. I will mention what Directv has told me about the 90 day window and that there should be no issues with someone swapping out my receiver for no additional charge and if I am treated with the same awful attitude, I'll just have to report Century Link to the BBB, I guess.
 16th of Jan, 2012 by   @CenturyLinkHelp 0 Votes
SNRockyMtns,

We would be happy to look into this for you. Would you mind emailing a copy of your complaint to our team's inbox?
TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Also include your account information so we'll have all of the records up to best assist you.

Thank you!

17th of Jan, 2012 by   SNRockyMtns 0 Votes
Hi Doug:

Thanks so much for the reply back. I called Directv the other day and they were actually happy to help me out, in all of two seconds, via the phone. I think if people are in areas (like Colorado) where Century Link is a Directv re-seller it would be not only helpful but beneficial for Century Link customer service to just re-direct inquiries like mine back to Directv (ie: just let the customer know at the start of the call that Directv would be the one to help them directly) vs running the person around in circles for 2 hours only to come back and tell them that they are wrong and will be charged to have a new receiver brought out to them.

AND, if Century Link is going to be a re-seller, especially at the point of sale for a new customer, it would help if all of your sales folks and customer service people had the same information. Clearly they do not because I was never given consistent info on anything -from pricing to packages to explanation of services. Even during my most recent call with Directv about the DVR receiver swap out (just the other day) I was given insight into their OnDemand product that was never explained to me during any of my calls with Century Link during my investigation phase or at the point of sale.

Just some food for thought for Century Link

Thanks so much
 17th of Jan, 2012 by   @CenturyLinkHelp 0 Votes
Hello.

Thank you for the feedback. I know how frustrating it can be to transfer from one agent to another and each seems to have different information. I'll be sure to forward your feedback up the chain. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Take care!