Century Link

Century Link
Gilbert, Arizona
At the moment I have to go through Century Link for my internet. They lied about how much my services would cost and bundled me into a contract. I'm paying twice as much as I was for internet before I bundled, and to be honest I didn't see this one coming at all. I've never done business with any entity that said here's your total cost, locks you into contract, and charges you something totally different they claim you agreed to. Shame on Century Link for their horrible ethics and morals. I hope the supreme court will hear out a case similar to mine against Century Link so that a class action lawsuit can be applied. They're not going to stop doing this without the help of the courts.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful?

31st of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was told that they would send a modem. They charged me three months internet, without a modem, and now they tell me it is my fault.
 2nd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I worked for Centurylink in customer care for almost 2 years it’s truly a terrible company. Centurylink does not have a dedicated customer care department it’s a sales department. Centurylink looks at the calls to customer care as $$$$ signs. They looked the other way when top sales associates slam accounts with products and services. If you weren’t top in sales you are treaded like dirt and always threatened to be fired if you didn’t meet sales quota. People would get fired on a weekly basis and the training classes which we called our replacements were constantly churning out new agents. I’m shocked they don’t get giant fines for over billing. To give a couple examples for the state of Florida during the full year of 2011 when a customer went on vacation mode they didn’t get the discount unless the customer called in every month for it and when they came back from vacation the system would charge them a $53.00 connection fee. Another example when a customer calls in to add a call feature the system auto charge the account a $53.00 connection fee as if it is new service. Centurylink was aware of these over billing problems and never fixed them. I would give thousands of dollars a month in credits because of the dishonest over billing. These are just a couple examples of many! You know you work for a bad company if you won’t even subscribe to their service. I started to look for a better job when I received my first write-up for falling short meeting quota I had 89.10% and I need 90.00% to goal to meet quota. I’m happy to report I no longer work for Centurylink as they are paying for me to look for another job via unemployment. Two weeks after being fired Centurylink is downsizing because sales are bad and the call center I worked at in Altamonte Springs Florida is closing on June 1 2012 and everyone is being fired. I can’t say I feel bad for the supervisors! You should stay away from this company at all cost!
 4th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I was charged 150.00 for 1 month's internet.I wrote them that I thought this was outragious!!! Did no good.They lied to me and told me my internet would be 60.00, what can you do? They already sent my bill to a collection agency.I have to pay it so they don't ruin my credit!!! I hope they get sued for their crooked business practices!

Contact Us