logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
QSL-Tenders.co.uk
They are crooks, plain and simple
2. (0 mins ago)
Source Marketing Direct
SCAM door to door selling, only commission
3. (26 mins ago)

Century Link

Posted: 2011-12-23 by    Moore

$150 Gift Card Lies

Century Link
I signed up with Century Link bundle package in August of 2011. Was promised a $150.00 gift card. After waiting a month, I called was told I wold have to wait 2 billing cycles. I did in November I called again was told I was supposed to have gone on line to register and request the card, I did. After doing so the form stated I wold receive this card by December 1, 2011. Today is Dec. 19th nothing yet. I just had a lovely on line chat with an agent who claims I was never offered this card and that there is no record of me every requesting it. Are they serious how do they just blatantly lie like this.

After doing some research on line, I’m just another of thousands this has happened to. Guess I’m switching to someone, anyone else.!! I am currently a CenturyLink customer, for 5 years. When I moved I was being billed at my old address and new address, someone forgot to change it in there computer? I was not aware of this till I got my first bill at my new address. I was scheduled for tv service, which just this year was available in my area, I waited 4 hours, no show. I call CenturyLink only to be told no order excisted. Funny how there are no week-end office hours, for me to call and ask where is the tech.

And I am being over charged, more than once, sounds like crooked employees. Wonder if they do back ground checks?
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2011 by   @CenturyLinkHelp -1 Votes
Hello,

I understand how frustrating this situation is for you and would like to help. Please send an email to talktous@centurylink.com with the account number and a good contact number to reach you.
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   M.S. Egan 0 Votes
I am trying to sign up for my giftcard. Is there a problem???
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   M.S. Egan 0 Votes
Just want to know about my $150 gift card. I am reading its a scam, I hope not???
please answer
 6th of May, 2012 by   Forture 0 Votes

7th of Dec, 2012 by   Dissapointed in Des Moines +1 Votes
I could'nt believe it when I called again to see where my gift card was." Oh, you didn't qualify for it" Are you serious?? I was told it would take 4 months. Originally, I recieved a flyer in the mail that offered a $150 dollar gift card with a bundle of Direct TV, Internet and home phone with a bundle and a 3 yr price lock. So I did. After an agent telling me "nothing I can do at this point" I asked to talk to someone else. The agent could only offer me a $50 discount on my bill and an address in Denver for the complaint dept. I never expected any dishonesty from Century Link, as Qwest used to be a reputable company. WTF? This was a marketing scam and I was totally shocked that I was treated like I was trying to scam them? Any body else have this happen to them also?
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   How Could They 0 Votes
Well it looks like I have been scammed as well, I got the same fly-er in the mail, offering bundling with century link, and the offer was that if I signed up for TV, Internet and i already had the home phone, they would give me a 150.00 gift card a visa that i could use any way that i like, and a lock in price for 3 yrs. Well i signed in Aug.2012 and here it is Feb.2013 and still have no gift card. When i signed up all I had to agree to was to keep the service for 8 wk, I have and I started making phone calls to them wanting to know where the card was, and i got a fake website and a fake tracking number, that was the first time i called and the other time no one could give me any answers, Oh another time i got a answer, that i did not register for it, I wasn't told i had to do anything like that. Something needs to be done, i have been with this company for almost 8 yrs, and all this time i been thinking that they are trustworthy and true to their customers, and a how could they do this to their customers
 3rd of Apr, 2013 by   Bhall32 0 Votes
I am going through the same thing. I signed up in December 2012 and the agent offered me a $100 gift card. She told me it would take 8-12 weeks for me to receive it. I called to check on it today 4/3/2013 and they told me I was suppose to register for the gift card within 30 days of my purchase and am no longer eligible for it. This is such a scam. I can't believe I fell for it. I think they just want to get you through the first 30 days of the contract when you can cancel with no fees because after that they can charge you all these extra fees if you cancel. Such BS!
 28th of May, 2013 by   Tickedoffandtellin 0 Votes
Don't worry that you didn't receive the $150 gift card / prepaid Visa issued by MetaBank for the Liars at CenturyLink - Because it is a scam!!! Even if you are fortunate enough to actually receive it! The card and the card company website state "use it wherever you would a credit card" but every store credit card machine reads "DECLINED" wherever I have tried to used it! We followed EVERY instruction for activating the card and we are well within the expiration date. When I call the phone number on the card for account balance - I am told the available balance on the card is 150.00... And wouldn't you know... There is no person to take my call for this worthless piece of plastic? This SCAM has CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT written all over it! Watch out CenturyLink AND MetaBank... Justice is right around the bend!
 20th of Dec, 2013 by   Sam Wesaw 0 Votes
I am finding the same problems. I was just told to get on the internet to get my $100 refund plus just received a $230 bill? If I would have know this I would not have gone with this company.

Nigerian Scammers on Skype