Posted:

Unauthorized charges

centralcoastnutra.net
I ordered Green Tea Extreme $1.00 Offer plus $4.95 shipping, Oct 14, 2008. When order arrived it also contained Hodiburst Gum $9.95 and Hoodiawater $29.95. I immediately tried to call them to say I didn't order the extra items and wated to cancel and return the items. I ended up getting a recording saying I cold cancel my order and receive no more shipments. I left all the information on the answering devise.

Then on Nov.4 th, 2008 I noticed on my checking account I had been charged $38.95 by this company. I tried to call them and was on hold for 30 min. the first time and 45 minutes the next time. I have tried repeatedly but the hold times were terrible and I finally gave up.

Their invoice also staes you can not refuse shipments and and you can not return anything without anRMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) What can I do to get my money back. I have had to cancel my debit card, because I am afraid they will charge it again!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Charged my credit card $42.85 should have been $2.95, scam products!
 18th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered a $1.00 trial offer . I also had to pay shipping. The bottle came in an envelope with a $4.50 postal charge on it. I was charged $16.50 for shipping. This screams SCAM.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Ordered a $1.00 trial plus $5.95 shipping. Arrived with a stamp that said only about $2.00 shipping.

Automatically charged $38.95 after 20 days, to which if you want to return it, they take off a 15%.

I had also accidentally forgot to uncheck one of their many pre-checked promotional offers below the form, so I was charged an additional $29.95 for a bottle of HoodiaStar I definitely did not want.

There was no order confirmation page to make sure my order was correct.

So once everything was returned and sorted out, I lost about $15.

Read the Terms & Services page of everything you order before hand. Hope this helps anyone.
 18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Colopure company will rip you off!
60 E. Rio Salado Pkwy Suite 900
Tempe
Arizona
Phone: 888-692-8362
www.colopure.com

This company is out to get people's money. They promise things they never deliver and are unwilling to back up their claims, as they include "fine print" terms and conditions that rip you off! They never delivered the product and continued to charge my account for it, when I finally contacted them they assured me they would refund my account when I sent the product back. When the product was returned (mind you unopened) they only refunded me 40% of the total amount they had charged my account. They stated part was a "restocking fee" and part was that they received the return "too late" and were unable to refund me money for it! No matter who I spoke with, they were unwavering in basically telling me it was my fault for not returning it sooner and they could not do anything. Except for keep $50 of my dollars!!!

This company needs to be taken off the market, they are rude, often have the customer service line go to an answering machine, and do everything so that you can't get a hold of them. When you finally do, they say it is past the 30 day refund policy! It is outrageous that they continue to take people's money!!
 7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS? IT IS A REBUTTAL ON ANOTHER SITE FROM A SUPPOSED EMPLOYEE.../URL removed/#289079

TEXT:

I am an employee and yes, this company is scamming customers
All of the comments on this web site and others are VERY true. Customer care Supervisor 'Roger' is actually the owner, his name his Graham..The biggest scam he uses is the 'upsells' on the green tea website. They are pre selected for you with the hopes that you do not notice them and no where on the confirmation email or on the web page itself does it 'remind you' that they where purchased. you only notice it when you receive your order in the mail. You thought you spent 5.95, when you actually got billed 45.90. when you call customer care, if you can get through, we are told to act surprised that this happened and then shift the blame on the customer.If we actually allow you to return the items, don't forget about 15% restocking fee for the product you never ever ordered.

Our one biggest fear is credit card disputes. If you want your money back, make sure that is the 1st thing you say when talking to a rep, we will get a manger to refund the card instantly.The company is unable to keep employees, the turn over rate is unbelievable. All employees that are not 'supervisors' are strictly there for a pay check, but all do feel really bad for the consumers.You are all being scammed.It is hard to listen day after day to elderly people or single mothers tell there stories about how the company has now made their bank accts over drawn because they were unaware of the upsells or monthly withdraws.

The company makes its money hoping that customers will not be aware of the trial period terms and conditions or the return policy, which is very hard to understand.We treat all customers as liars and scammers, but this is how we are trained by management.The owner is very proud of himself that he has found this loop hole on the internet. He is a very cocky man that likes to brag about his business and flaunt his 'success' about the offices. Make sure when you see him driving around Tempe or Scottsdale Az in his $100, 000 mercedes, you say hello..
 7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
This was on "rip off report" and it is a rebuttal from a supposed employee of the company...check it out...

/URL removed/#289079

12399 Belcher Road South
Largo
Florida
Phone: 1-888-692-8352

Lead you to believe you are getting a trial sample for $1 plus shipping, send you other things you did not order and charge you outrageous amounts for them.. If you don't return the $1 trial sample, they charge you an additional $38.95. The product doesn't even work! Total scam company.
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
The company that I am having problem with is Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc. I order a product from them online. Thr Green Tea Extreme $1.00 Trail offer. On the same order they sent me a order of Hoodiawater, for 29.95. I call them and they said that I order this product. I ddi not but I was told that I could return this for a full refund amout but I had to pay for the shipping and a restocking fee. This company is not right. Then my account was charge 38.95 for the green tree extreme . Said that I had 20 day to return this product if I did not like it. Well I did not read that in the rule on this product. But my main complaint about this company is the customer service department manager Jason Thomas. I am a customer and to talk to me like this is not correct. He was very much out of place the way he talk to me. I will not wish this on an other customer that order from this company. I was told that my money had been put back in my account and it is still not there that it would take 48 hours and I that was done on 5/6/08 and still no retun. I have also return that green tree and show it back to the comapny and he told me that I had to wait 3 days for them to check to see if I have return there green tree and not someone else items. what is this . I just feel this company is not what it say it is . You need to read and as question from these company before you start ording from online. Company like this make you not want to order from company on line.
 9th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
THIS COMPANY IS SUCH A RIP OFF... their Green Tea Extreme is not so "extreme" ...the only thing extreme about them is the way they STEAL your money! After I ordered my first bottle I called them and told them specifically that I did not want anymore, and they can not charge my account. After couple of months, I came back from a long vacation to find a package from them in the mail. I called them up and told them I dont need it, I never ordered it... they simply told me to mail it back and that I would get my refund. I mailed the package back...and started waiting to get my refund. Almost two m onths have passed now, and no refund. When I called them today I was told my money has been refunded, went and checked my acct., NO refund. Called them back again, had to put up with their RUDEEEEEEEEE reps. and then got hung up on, called again, talked to another rep., then got transfered to a "manager" Jason, who told me I would not get my money back because I didnt send it in a certain amount of time. I told them I was never told to send it back a certain way. Jason said, the paper in the envolope tells you to send it back with in 30 days...I told him again, that because you guys sent me another bottle even when u were told not to, I was not expecting it and i NEVER OPENED THE PACKAGE AT ALL. I simply took it to the post office and mailed it back, I told him I should have been told to mail it back a certain way when I called..and I asked for him to pull up the phone call, and if I'm wrong, I will gladly hang up and let you keep my money. He told me that he can not do that becuase MY PROBLEM WAS NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH, he said, "WE CAN NOT REFUND YOU THE MONEY BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY"! ha!, and I'm a millionaire? They refused to pull up the phone call, this guy told me he was going to transfer me to his manager's voicemail...but he put me on hold for 47 minutes, I knew I wasnt getting transfered so I called again and got transfered to some RUDE IDIOT, who kept trying to act like he knew something, anyways, got hung up on, called again and told them I would dispute the charge, and they hung up on me again, I called them again, and asked them names of people who I had spoken with, and their MANAGER TREATENED TO PROSECUTE ME! (are you KIDDING ME)...I told him, "i just want to know that I will dispute this, good bye"... THIS GUY CALLED ME BACK !!! HE CALLED MY HOUSE!!! and said, "yes this is the person you rudely hung up on! I was like, why are you calling me?!! I didnt ask to get called! .

Seriously, is that even legal? Thats like Harrassment! Anyway, I hung up on him because I was so furious by this time specially since hes calling MY house and telling me "WELL YOU CALLED US FOUR TIMES TODAY" when i told him why are you calling me. How is that even proffessional! what kind of company does that?

PLEASE I WANT SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF I SHOULD DO SOMETHING! Im so upset, I work so hard to make ends meet, and because I had to wait for them to refund my money, becuase they KEPT me waiting... I cant even disput this with my bank because now it has been over 60 days since the transaction went through. I feel very upset and helpless, there has to be a way where these kinds of companies pay for how they deal with their customers. They got their product back, and aslo kept my $50.00!!! plus I paid postage to mail it back... HOW UNFAIR IS THAT!

THE RUDEST "CUSTOMER CARE REPS" I EVER SPOKE THIS IN MY LIFE: IAN, TRICIA, JOSEPH, JASON! Hope god puts you in the exact same kind of misery you put other people in!
( I have never wished bad for someone but I'm furious cuz' I just got off the phone with these THIEVESS )
 19th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was was charged for green tea caps. I was over charged and did not receive the product.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
This a rip-off that people should be made aware of. They offer a trial offer of 1-month for 1.00 plus shipping and handling $4.95 for Green Tea Extreme. When you receive the product you figure you only paid $5.95 for it for a trial offer. When your credit card bill comes you are being charged an additional $38.95 for this! When you try to find out what's going on you are told it is for the product. No where did I see this in their ordering form - I wouldn't have ordered it if I had known this. You have to cancel this automatic shipment of $38.95/mo. for this membership. Then good luck, you'll never get that money back, even if you return the original product (which I did). The customer service people are the rudest and will hang up on you. The credit card customer service could get no where so you are stuck being charged this money.
 10th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - scam
1200dorseyav lot38
Morgantown
West Virginia
Phone: 304-381-2313

I did not order the products that you collected money for from my checking account. Causing my bank account to be overdrawn. I do not want anything from you but my money returned to my bank account... 77.90. Thank you.
 12th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hey everyone just watch out for the green card claiming to give you a 25, 000 grant.
 18th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Ordered a "trial offer" of green tea extract for $1. Was charged $45.85 on my credit card for Hoodiburst gum($9.95) and Hoodiawater($29.95) plus a "membership". Then when I complained and demanded a refund, they were rude on the phone, and I am being charged a 15% "restocking fee" for returning the unopened items that I didn't even know I ordered! Stay Away from this rip-off company!!
 31st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Good Morning Everyone:

This comment is for those who have been ripped off by CCNNUTRA and my road to resolution I hope this will assist those that have been affected by this practice. If you haven't already contact the agency referenced which I just did. You will receive an email confirmation once you've completed your complaint submission.

Complaint Forwarded to: EConsumer.gov
Website: www.econsumer.gov

Saturday, 8/30/08 I placed an order for a Free Trial of Pomegranate Clear promotion. The promotion clearly stated the product was Free / NO CHARGE and that ONLY a shipping charge of $4.95 would be charged.

Sunday, 8/31/08 I checked my bank account and found out that this company noted on my account as CCNNUTRA charged my account in the amount of $44.85. I immediately contacted my bank to inform them that I didn't authorize this charge and to credit my account. I asked my bank did they have a number for this company and I've noted that above. I also left a message with the company to inform them to immediately credit back this charge and that they ARE NOT AUTHORIZED for this amount or any amount & to fully CANCEL this order since there practice is fraudulent.

In addition I ran a Google search on this company and found the following website with several complaints about this company: http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/central-coast-nutraceuticals-inc-a29634/bydate.html --- Google search results: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=central+coast+nutra+or+ccnnutra.&aq=f&oq=
 31st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Complaint Forwarded to: EConsumer.gov
Website: www.econsumer.gov

2nd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too was charged $44.95 for a "free trial offer." What a scam.
 5th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Put charges on my credit card on products i did not order
Largo
Florida
Phone: 1 (888) 692-8352
www.centralcoastnutra.net

I went on line and request a free trial size bottle of acai pure and only be charged 4.95 for shipping when the order came they had sent me hoodiburst gum and hoodiwater total charge on my card $44.85. Tried calling them they have a recording that they will call you back but they don't and you can'y return merchandise without a number code from customer service and you can not reach them to get the number.

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Scam and fraud
2375 East Camelback Rd. 5th floor
Phoenix
Arizona
Phone: 888-692-8352
www.centralcoastnutra.net

The spam email stated that it was a FREE trial offer, only to charge $4.95 for shipping and handling. on the right side of the page it had two other options marked, i believe they were called upgrades in which you would be charged more for those. i UNCHECKED them and proceeded to submit my order. An hour later i looked at my account online and it showed that i had been charged $44.85 instead. I immediately called and left a message with my name, phone # and order # which i had from an email confirming my order. i said 'cancel my order please.' i was very nice on this message. i continued to call and kept getting a message saying all agents were busy and to leave a message. i did, 3 total, and sent an email, all saying the same thing. i finally got a hold of someone today and he said my order had already been sent. i asked about my messages, why had no one listened to them, or called me back, or my email, i asked to speak to his supervisor, he said no, i asked why, he said because i was talking to him. then i got upset and proceeded to scream. when the order comes i can send it back, AT MY EXPENSE and then the funds will be returned to my account. he also said that the reason i was charged so much was because i didn't uncheck the other boxes. I KNOW i unchecked the boxes and he just kept saying 'no you didn't ' 'no you didn't' like a two yr. old. THEN he tells me i should have read the terms and conditions, which i did read some of but not carefully enough evidently, because there, it says that your card will be charged $ 44.95 no matter what. so its a scam from the get-go. is there anything else i can do to keep these creeps from continuing to do this? after i went thru my spam, i noticed that i had been sent this same email about 20 times, and that was the one time it got thru. How stupid of me, i should trust my computer when it says its spam.

Thank you!
 5th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Sent items I did not want or need & charged my credit card
www.centralcoastnutra.net

Ordered free trial 1 month supply no where on form did it say they were sending me other items and charging my credit card. ($44.85) CAN NOT GET THEM ON THE PHONE. I NEED THEIR RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION # THAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR THEY HAVE A (MESSAGE MACHINE).

Contact Us