logo

Central Coast Nutraceuticals Contacts & Informations

Posted:

Unauthorized charges

centralcoastnutra.net
I ordered Green Tea Extreme $1.00 Offer plus $4.95 shipping, Oct 14, 2008. When order arrived it also contained Hodiburst Gum $9.95 and Hoodiawater $29.95. I immediately tried to call them to say I didn't order the extra items and wated to cancel and return the items. I ended up getting a recording saying I cold cancel my order and receive no more shipments. I left all the information on the answering devise.

Then on Nov.4 th, 2008 I noticed on my checking account I had been charged $38.95 by this company. I tried to call them and was on hold for 30 min. the first time and 45 minutes the next time. I have tried repeatedly but the hold times were terrible and I finally gave up.

Their invoice also staes you can not refuse shipments and and you can not return anything without anRMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) What can I do to get my money back. I have had to cancel my debit card, because I am afraid they will charge it again!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Charged my credit card $42.85 should have been $2.95, scam products!
 18th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered a $1.00 trial offer . I also had to pay shipping. The bottle came in an envelope with a $4.50 postal charge on it. I was charged $16.50 for shipping. This screams SCAM.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Ordered a $1.00 trial plus $5.95 shipping. Arrived with a stamp that said only about $2.00 shipping.

Automatically charged $38.95 after 20 days, to which if you want to return it, they take off a 15%.

I had also accidentally forgot to uncheck one of their many pre-checked promotional offers below the form, so I was charged an additional $29.95 for a bottle of HoodiaStar I definitely did not want.

There was no order confirmation page to make sure my order was correct.

So once everything was returned and sorted out, I lost about $15.

Read the Terms & Services page of everything you order before hand. Hope this helps anyone.
 7th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
This was on "rip off report" and it is a rebuttal from a supposed employee of the company...check it out...

/URL removed/#289079

TEXT:

I am an employee and yes, this company is scamming customers
All of the comments on this web site and others are VERY true. Customer care Supervisor 'Roger' is actually the owner, his name his Graham..The biggest scam he uses is the 'upsells' on the green tea website. They are pre selected for you with the hopes that you do not notice them and no where on the confirmation email or on the web page itself does it 'remind you' that they where purchased. you only notice it when you receive your order in the mail. You thought you spent 5.95, when you actually got billed 45.90. when you call customer care, if you can get through, we are told to act surprised that this happened and then shift the blame on the customer.If we actually allow you to return the items, don't forget about 15% restocking fee for the product you never ever ordered.

Our one biggest fear is credit card disputes. If you want your money back, make sure that is the 1st thing you say when talking to a rep, we will get a manger to refund the card instantly.The company is unable to keep employees, the turn over rate is unbelievable. All employees that are not 'supervisors' are strictly there for a pay check, but all do feel really bad for the consumers.You are all being scammed.It is hard to listen day after day to elderly people or single mothers tell there stories about how the company has now made their bank accts over drawn because they were unaware of the upsells or monthly withdraws.

The company makes its money hoping that customers will not be aware of the trial period terms and conditions or the return policy, which is very hard to understand.We treat all customers as liars and scammers, but this is how we are trained by management.The owner is very proud of himself that he has found this loop hole on the internet. He is a very cocky man that likes to brag about his business and flaunt his 'success' about the offices. Make sure when you see him driving around Tempe or Scottsdale Az in his $100, 000 mercedes, you say hello..
 5th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - scam
12399 Belcher Road South
Phone: 1-888-692-8352

Lead you to believe you are getting a trial sample for $1 plus shipping, send you other things you did not order and charge you outrageous amounts for them.. If you don't return the $1 trial sample, they charge you an additional $38.95. The product doesn't even work! Total scam company.
 19th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was was charged for green tea caps. I was over charged and did not receive the product.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
This a rip-off that people should be made aware of. They offer a trial offer of 1-month for 1.00 plus shipping and handling $4.95 for Green Tea Extreme. When you receive the product you figure you only paid $5.95 for it for a trial offer. When your credit card bill comes you are being charged an additional $38.95 for this! When you try to find out what's going on you are told it is for the product. No where did I see this in their ordering form - I wouldn't have ordered it if I had known this. You have to cancel this automatic shipment of $38.95/mo. for this membership. Then good luck, you'll never get that money back, even if you return the original product (which I did). The customer service people are the rudest and will hang up on you. The credit card customer service could get no where so you are stuck being charged this money.
 10th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - scam
1200dorseyav lot38
Morgantown
West Virginia
Phone: 304-381-2313

I did not order the products that you collected money for from my checking account. Causing my bank account to be overdrawn. I do not want anything from you but my money returned to my bank account... 77.90. Thank you.
 18th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Ordered a "trial offer" of green tea extract for $1. Was charged $45.85 on my credit card for Hoodiburst gum($9.95) and Hoodiawater($29.95) plus a "membership". Then when I complained and demanded a refund, they were rude on the phone, and I am being charged a 15% "restocking fee" for returning the unopened items that I didn't even know I ordered! Stay Away from this rip-off company!!
 31st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
Good Morning Everyone:

This comment is for those who have been ripped off by CCNNUTRA and my road to resolution I hope this will assist those that have been affected by this practice. If you haven't already contact the agency referenced which I just did. You will receive an email confirmation once you've completed your complaint submission.

Complaint Forwarded to: EConsumer.gov
Website: www.econsumer.gov

Saturday, 8/30/08 I placed an order for a Free Trial of Pomegranate Clear promotion. The promotion clearly stated the product was Free / NO CHARGE and that ONLY a shipping charge of $4.95 would be charged.

Sunday, 8/31/08 I checked my bank account and found out that this company noted on my account as CCNNUTRA charged my account in the amount of $44.85. I immediately contacted my bank to inform them that I didn't authorize this charge and to credit my account. I asked my bank did they have a number for this company and I've noted that above. I also left a message with the company to inform them to immediately credit back this charge and that they ARE NOT AUTHORIZED for this amount or any amount & to fully CANCEL this order since there practice is fraudulent.

In addition I ran a Google search on this company and found the following website with several complaints about this company: http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/central-coast-nutraceuticals-inc-a29634/bydate.html --- Google search results: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=central+coast+nutra+or+ccnnutra.&aq=f&oq=
 31st of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Complaint Forwarded to: EConsumer.gov
Website: www.econsumer.gov

2nd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too was charged $44.95 for a "free trial offer." What a scam.
 5th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Put charges on my credit card on products i did not order
Phone: 1 (888) 692-8352
www.centralcoastnutra.net

I went on line and request a free trial size bottle of acai pure and only be charged 4.95 for shipping when the order came they had sent me hoodiburst gum and hoodiwater total charge on my card $44.85. Tried calling them they have a recording that they will call you back but they don't and you can'y return merchandise without a number code from customer service and you can not reach them to get the number.
 5th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Sent items I did not want or need & charged my credit card
www.centralcoastnutra.net

Ordered free trial 1 month supply no where on form did it say they were sending me other items and charging my credit card. ($44.85) CAN NOT GET THEM ON THE PHONE. I NEED THEIR RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION # THAT THEY ARE ASKING FOR THEY HAVE A (MESSAGE MACHINE).
 6th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Sent items I did not request
6123 Loretto Avenue
Pennsylvania
Phone: 215-831-9396
www.centralcoastnutra.net

I ordered a free trial of the acai Pure for the amount of 4.95. I was charged for two other items that I did not order and was charged $44.85. This is not what I agreed to, when trying to return it no one is available to give a confirmation number. This is a complete rip-off. I will never order anything again.
 8th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
hi my name is sylvia pirson i order a product on 9-4-08 for $4.95 you took $44.95 off my card so could you refund my money to my card
 8th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Central Coast Nutraceuticals - Billed for things not ordered
12399 Belcher Rd. South
www.centralcoastnutra.ne

I ordered a sample bottle of accia tea for shipping only $1.95. When i received it, there was hoodiburst gum andhoodiawater, for$41.85----This is a total scam and rip off. Get them out of business!
 16th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too ordered a trial size bottle of acaipure. I initially changed my mind and then the next screen offered $1.95 shipping and handling. I orderd it and then found out they charges my credit card $41.85. They will answer the first time you call only. After that they will not answer your call and you cannot leave a voicemail. The guy on the phone said that I did not UNCHECK two boxes on the screen. That is where he is totally wrong. I did UNCHECK both additional items they were offering. He told me I had to pay the S & H to send it back when it arrives or he will turn me into collections. TOTAL SCAM. I will never order off-line again from this type of ad. Too bad we cannot get Oprah involved, since they use her name as an endorsement. She would take care of it. I have not yet received the merchandise that I did not order, but I am sure that they make it impossible to return so that I have to pay for it. Surprise, I will not. The credit card company has been very helpful and I did make them aware of the web address to the complaint site. Again, BUYER BEWARE. There are deceitful individuals preying on all of us.
 16th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
looking for my credit return on my american express, got the
statement today and haven't seen the credit yet. how long does
it take. mailed it to you 9/2/08 please notify approximate
date you will credit the return. thanks
 17th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
yes i went online and ordered the green tea extreme for $1.99 and ow my credit card is being charged $44.90 i need that to be removed right away thank you.

Email Fraud