logo

Cenlar

Posted:    JadY6

Bad business practice

Cenlar
My loan was taken over by Cenlar from Taylor, Bean, and Whittaker. They sent me a letter telling me that and said they had included a temporary coupon to make my payment. No coupon was in the envelope. I made a payment to the payment address with the new account number on it and after two weeks it has not been cashed. I have tried to reach them by phone for over a week and all I get is a busy signal. This is a very frustrating situation! I fear they will soon say I did not make a payement and injur my credit rating!! What a lousy way of doing business!!!
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Sep, 2009 by   JessicaC. 0 Votes
CENLAR is horrible! What legitmate company removes all contact informationf from their website? Not only has their contact information been removed from their website, they send a letter intoducing themselves as your new lender with a contact number that rings busy! The government needs to investigate this sorry excuse for a business!
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   jostby 0 Votes
copy and paste this into your browser...
It has all the contact info for Cenlar you will ever need! I am pasting this contact info on every discussion board that I can for people just like you. If nothing else it makes me feel better because I am in the same boat as you. We are being held hostage and everyone needs to e-mail these jokers and let them know how we feel. Good Luck.
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Mary Roth 0 Votes
I called the number in my welcome letter and got through within 5 minutes. They told me there are 3 numbers to reach them.

877-680-5583, 866-305-6949, 866-430-9689

They told me there were problems with getting enough phone lines into their building to take the influx of calls at first but has been much better within the past week or two. Anyone who needs to contact them THESE ARE GOOD NUMBERS!

Hope this helps.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   Redin714 0 Votes
Here is where I see a scam from Cenlar. I am one of the TB&W transfers.

So I get a letter saying my check for August was never used and they are cashing the check for my August payment in 3 days and sorry for the inconvienience. 3 days is a little more than an inconvienience to tell me im making two mortgage payments within a month.

I called the bank and the payment was made in August. I called Cenlar and the assclowns tell me "sorry sir we will take care of it." What scares me is how many people have fallen for this screwup/scam, will they get their money back, and was my credit hit for a 3 month late payment?

They sucker enough people and even if they give the money back at the end of the year they made a nice chunk of interest.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   Lancy 0 Votes
I am as your guys, one of the TB&W transfers, I found out another lender and paid off my loan last month, however Cenlar hold my Escrow around $4000 and didn't refund back, Per their website, they refund the check to me 10/15, unfortunately I didn't receive anything so far, no way can call them to find out what's going on for my Escrow money.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   CenlarWolbs 0 Votes
Cenlar took over my mortgage from TB&W also. This happened in September. As of NOVEMBER 17, 2009, I have not received a payment book and I have not seen one detailed statement concerning my account from Cenlar!!! No payment book and NO STATEMENTS!!!

IT HAS BEEN FOUR MONTHS!!!

All of my calls go unanswered as do my emails.

Cenlar is the most disgraceful business I have ever encountered! They are incompetent on all levels.

We need to start a class action lawsuit NOW!
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   Paperc 0 Votes
I am in the same predicament as all of you - a TBW transfer (I never had a problem with TBW) and multiple screw ups with Cenlar-unable to reach them, not cashinig checks when sent (I made a stop payment after they had not cashed the check after 15 days - I could go on forever.
The latest screw up is the escrow account. All of my taxes, insurance, etc is due between October and December. NOTHING requires payment until October of 2010. However, Cenlar is now RAISING my mortgage payment $86 PER MONTH because, in their words, "your escrow balance is low" - Ok, but nothing will need to come out of it until Oct and my taxes in the city only increase by $34 per year. Frankly, I see them hogging the escrow money to gain interest and try to make more money on their part at my expense. I have already contacted my mortgage broker to find me another loan with a different company.
Frankly, I think Cenlar is the most unprofessional, unethical and likely illegal mortgage company out there and we were thrown to them by the SEC (who shut down TBW). I enourage every one of you to contact your attorney general in your state and file a formal complaint - until the masses are heard, this company will continue its illegal and immoral business practices
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   generic 0 Votes
I just saw my auto withdrawl from the bank and was charged 300 more than my normal payment. On the phone now to see what is going on. My insurance was cancelled and had to be re-instated. Can something be done about about this company?
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   absurd 0 Votes
It took them a month to answer my emails.

I called 866-305-6949 today and got a CSR in INDIA!!! After receiving a notification by mail that my ACH automatic payment was set up, I waited to see when it would withdraw from my bank account, but it never did and now it's 6 days past the due date. So I called them today only to find out that that confirmation letter I got last month doesn't mean a thing! It just means they received your paperwork. Even if it states the auto-payment will begin on so-and-so date...DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!! They now tell me I have to fill out another form and send in another canceled check! Are you kidding me?! I had to make yet another payment by phone. I hope this isn't having an affect on my account. What a joke!!!
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   R Pogue 0 Votes
I refinanced two (2) loans with TB&W just before they went BK. Then my paid off account loans including escrows was sent to Cenlar. They first tried to collect from me and when I sent them paper work after paper work to show it was a bad loan they had received, they don't try to collect anymore but won't release my escrows and I have had to pay my own insurance and taxes at the end of 2009. I have two (2) Deeds of Trust on each property recorded at the country recorders office. The first ones have not be released. Isn't this unlawful? I couldn't sell my home if I wanted to because the liens against my homes are twice the value of them. I have called and called and they do answer at (866) 305-6949 but can't help me stating they can't get anything from TB&W that is now controlled by some govenment agency and TB&W doesn't have any way of contacting them. How long do we have to wait for this kind of thing to get fixed? Can anyone tell me how to complain higher up to get something done?
 23rd of May, 2010 by   mjjmerritt 0 Votes
Once again CENLAR has failed to pay our property taxes resulting in yet another threatening notification from our City Tax Office that they intend to sell our brand new home for an outstanding tax obligation due to CENLAR having failed in their fiduciary responsibility to pay our taxes in a timely manner.

Our attorney will be contacting CENLAR to release us from escrow and afford us the opportunity to pay our taxes on our own, and no longer suffer from CENLAR's malicious negligence that has caused undue stress by having failed to comply with their obligations to pay the taxes on time, and without the need for faxes to be sent by the homeowner reminding them of their duty.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, as well as NY city media to look into CENLAR's failures to properly manage the accounts of their clients.

Sincerely,
Michael Merritt
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   LightninJack +1 Votes
Hey everybody!...i figured out what is going on with CENLAR. I don't know all of it, but i do know a few things which i will tell you here. First of all, when TBW(TAYLOR BEAN & WHITTAKER) was forced by the courts to cease and desist, they were taken over by CENLAR(central loan administration). CENLAR is a company of rich goones from India, that also has part to do with their government over there. What happened here is, all the loans from Taylor Bean & Whittaker were federally insured loans here in America, that our government gave to India secretivley because we owe India a butt load of money. We are talking in the BILLIONS!!! I had a loan with TBW, and it went to CENLAR too when TBW went belly up. After 3 months, i applied for a loan modification and i didn't hear nothing back from CENLAR so i called them. A week went by and i got a letter in the mail that said they were transferring the servicing of my loan to OCWEN...a fricken debt collection agency!!! I never missed a payment or was late, but immediately OCWEN started adding on ficticious charges on my account, and tried to say they had not received my mortgage payments, they said i didn't have enough money in escrow, my insurance wasn't good enough, and all kind of other crap too!!! There is a class action law suit going on against them, OH!, and by the way CENLAR, OCWEN, and i forget the other's names right now, are all related to each other!!... So on with my point, our new landlords don't give a donkey's aarse about us, and they in fact are trying to make us fail because that will weaken a whole bunch of land owning Americans one by one so they can take control of our country. That is why they are screwing with our mortgages in every way possible, because they know that if you falter on your loan then they can sell the property, get their money's back twice from our goverment, and take all your equity away with it!! There is a whole bunch of company's out there right now that are owned now by the rich goones from India that loaned our government all that money from back when Bush was president. He borrowed Billions from them to help pay for his dam wars.
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   gogirlgo 0 Votes
I too am a victim of Cenlar. Mine is my home owner's insurance. I switched companies because of it being $800 a year less with a different company. I faxed Cenlar the information as they requested but they never responded. I called them several times & they asked for the same information repeatedly & still they are not switching me to my new insurance company. Two days ago I received a cancellation letter from the new insurance company because Cenlar is too incompetent to switch my insurance companies that I spent hours trying to find with a lower rate. They lied & said everything would be taken care of. Something needs to be done with them. Maybe they are the ones that should have gone under.
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   mortgageknowledge101 0 Votes
Well a few thing most of the comments on here are not true and the accusations are unfounded. Firstoff, the government seized and shut down Taylor Bean & Whitaker for illegal practices and much much more. The investor (owner of these loans) is Freddie Mac. Theya placed TBW Customers with Cenlar, Bank of America, and Saxon Mortgage companies. Cenlar is based out of Trenton, NJ. They also have an offshore site located in India.

If you get a representataive in Idia, you may request to be transferred to a US representative and they will gladly transfer your call.

In addition. Cenlar HAS not increased anyones mortgage payment just for the sake of it. If your mortgage payment increased it's becasue TB& was not collecting enough from you to begin with. Cenlar is a legitimate company that is trying to clean up the mess that TB&W created.

If your interest in a loan modification just know it takes between 6-9 months. If foreclosure is imminent, then contact the Homeowners Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program in your state.
When you feel you've hit a brick wall with a company and they are NOT resolving your issues, then follow the folling steps:
File a complaint with YOUR STATES Attorney General Office, Banking Commissioner, Better Business Bureaum and the OTS Office of Thriift Supervision. THIS WILL GET ACTION & RESULTS GUARANTEEED. File your complain with all four at the same time and retain a copy for your self and include a copy of the complaint to your mortgage company
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   hyper7900 0 Votes
mortgageknowdlegde made some great point! Let me also add for those who are not familar with RESAP:

It will be best for everyone who has had issues to really look at RESPA (Real Estate Protection Act). It will take time to resolve disputes with a stubborn company. But if the persistence is there and your facts are correct. Getting that big check from cenlar will be well worth it.

please do not take this as if I am telling everyone they don't know how to manage escrow. However it is important to realize that one should never depend on the bank to manage Escrow accounts. I am sure most would agree that proper handling of a checking account requires to reconcile and put items in your register that have been paid or quickens or whatever one uses.

The same is true with escrow. Estimate what your YEARLY expenditures will be (Hazard Insurance (Flood if required) Home Insurance, taxes, etc) Take the total divide by 12. It is important to understand a few things with escrows: As per the RESPA section 10 the servicer (Cenlar, or other institution) is prohibited from charging excessive amount for the escrow account. The lender CAN NOT charge any more then 1/12 of the total of ALL disbursements per month payable during the year..They CAN add any amount that was short from the year before. They CAN at their desecration add a cushion NOT to EXCEED 1/6 of the total disbursements for the year. Knowing this and knowing that as part of the RESPA the lender must perfom an escrow account analysis once during the year and notify borrowers of any shortage.. any EXCESS of $50 of more MUST be RETURNED to the borrower. (They can not hold it) Picture it like a BIG savings account----At the end of the year you will get BIG check from them if they are indeed charging outrageous amounts...

If they do not do this, then you will need to write a complaint letter to them FIRST, (Certify mailing) and they must ack the letter withing 20 business days. After which another 60 days from them to resolve or provide a valid reason for their position. If still they are violating any laws of the act then you may file a complaint with HUD (Housing and Urban Development. After which HUD, a state Attorney General or State Insurance commissioner may bring an injunctive action to enforce violations of Sections 6, 8 or 9 ( I have provided short info on section 6 which is relevant to most all complaints on this board)...

Keep in mind that Under section 10 which is Limits on Escrow accounts (1/6 and 1/12 talk)HUD as the authority to impose a civil penalty on loan servicers who do not submit inial or annual escrow account statements to borrowers.

Read up on RESPA and know where to file complaints... They will get addressed much faster then if you just phone or write a general office such as State Attorney General office. Go smaller before bigger.

Also, keep track ALWAYS (even if company is good) of what you are putting into escrow... Get copies of checks, and file them for your records. Checks are proof of payments...

This will get action trust, no company (That has been around since 1984) will take to well of a possible Lawsuit from Both HUD and Yourself.. EVERYONE HAS RIGHTS KNOW HOW TO ACT ON THEM FIRST!
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   hyper7900 0 Votes
For those who say the cenlar forgot to pay City Taxes and then the city is giving you threatening letters. What kind?

the foreclosure process on delinquent taxes take a few years. They will not just send you a letter that threatens any action on your or your home. Thats the last thing that happens and is usually from a district court. Not City.. In fact in most cases the city will send its taxes (Delinquent) to the county Treasures office.

I have been delinquent for a year now on my City taxes which I will be paying off this year. Not once have a received any letter from the city or county. Just statements that say I owe this much in this month and next month, etc.

Sounds like a lot of people here are just complaining and not understanding what actions need to be done.
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   kimberlyd1120 0 Votes
I filed a complaint with the BBB today regarding CENLAR. We refinanced our home and paid them off last August 2009. They are still showing that our mortgage is open and past due. We have faxed them and mailed them about 20 copies of the wire transfer showing that they were paid off. In March of this year they finally acknowledged that they received our payment but we are stilling getting the run around as far as them providing us and the credit reporting agencies that our loan is paid off. We are still waiting for confirmation in writing.

Although Cenlar is not listed with the BBB, the BBB has been taking complaints regarding them and trying to get them resolved. I filed mine today to the following:

The complaint is being handled by the BBB listed below. Please contact them with any questions.

BBB of New Jersey (Trenton, NJ)
1700 Whitehorse Hamilton Sq. Rd St D-5
Trenton, NJ 08690-3596
Phone: (609)588-0808
Fax: (609)588-0546
Email: info@trenton.bbb.org
Web: http://www.trenton.bbb.org
 15th of Oct, 2010 by   ashbran613v 0 Votes
I feel the same pain many ex TB&W customers have. I am just recently having problems with Cenlar but they are making up for missed time. I have been dealing with them since Aug. 2010 and I still have not resolved anything. They claim they have not recieved multiple payments since Aug. 2009. Ayear ago! I have sent proof of payments for every month over the last year and I am still recieving the phone calls. I am being called nightly at 9 pm! Horrible customer service only adds to the frustration. This has to be the worst company ever.
 29th of Oct, 2010 by   just-little-ole-me 0 Votes
Cenlar just received my loan. The city tax information is incorrect and probably won't be paid on time. The homeowners insurance information is incorrect and probably won't be paid on time. They lost my first payment, but have since found it. And, on top of that, they have lost $1200 in escrow payments that were paid at the time of closing. Not an impressive first start, I will say that much.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   sheblindedme 0 Votes
Previous TB&W customer here. Now with Cenlar as of spring 2009. Looking to further investigate the issue of Cenlar not reporting account information to the credit bureaus, I found on their website that it is simply a matter of making the request to them by phone, which I did today. Requesting by phone, they only offered to begin reporting from the 12th of this month forward. I was told that a request to report prior account activity has to be submitted in writing which I plan to do now. And with no offense to the Indian CSR's employed by Cenlar, it is possible to request an American CSR. Worked for me. Gonna try the same thing next time I call Dell customer support!!

Health Care Without Insurance - Medishare