logo

Worst Customer Service

Celcom
Malaysia
celcom.com.my
I made complains every month for 4 months over their online payment service portal that I could not pay by my credit card since 4 months ago, message shown that it was not a valid bank card issuer. It was ok before this.

What furious me is, the customer service staff don't seem to be able to answer my query and no feedback from them after and no resolution to the portal. In their complain site it shows that my complain is 'resolved'.

I called the same careline again and demand to speak to the manager/superior but the staff keep me on hold for more than 10 min.

Is there a complaint department at celcom at all? This is a crap company.

Comments Malaysia Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2009 by   hastings 0 Votes
I not blamed for Celcom CS for that problem. I likely to issue this matter to Celcom management or branding and product dept not their CSE. I quite pity with their CSE that always been blamed caused their management give a bad service.
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   pbbhoge 0 Votes
I m using celcom, i m having the plan of 384 kb/s but its service is very poor, max of times whenever i try to open any site, it redirects http://www.wsearch.net/, i m so fed of this service, i dont understand what to do, people whoever are reading this blog please dont buy the celcom service ..
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   akiwan 0 Votes
i have the same prob..i`m using maxis b4 this...i paid my bill with my credit card.but when i use MNP to convert to celcom..the same credit card invalid..eventhough i try to pay at bluecube, tm point via phone the result still the same..if for example my card problem and i cant use 4 normal transaction fine...but what about via phone? i just need to know y
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   PCK 0 Votes
Dear Mr PCK We have tried to contact you on 17 August 2009 and 18 August 2009 but unreachable. In clarifying your situation, our record unveils that the volume of your Broadband Advance usage for the month of July09 is 7.73GB. On that note, your Broadband service has been throttled on 24 July 2009, which resulting the average speed obtained during the throttling period is 128kbps. Nevertheless, on the first day of the next billing cycle, the speed reduction will be removed and you will enjoy the subscribed speed again until they breach the 5GB data volume. For further details on FUP policy, please click http://www.celcom.com.my/cep/xresources/CelcomCORP/broadband/html/need_more.html It is a pleasure serving you and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and contribution to Celcom. Best Regards Customer Correspondence Management Customer Interaction Management

THEY ALL CHEATING I NV USE TILL 7.73GB I DON'T DOWNLOAD MOVIE OR OTHER STUFF I ONLY CHAT AND SURF... AND MY PAKAGE IS RM 98 BUT THE SPEED IS DAMMM SLOW NO USE I KEEP COMPLANING THEY WILL FIND EXUSES... F**K THEM FEW MONTHS TO GO TILL MY CONTRACT WILL FINISH. GO TO HELL CELCOM...
 13th of Sep, 2009 by   Wilfr 0 Votes
CELCOM 3G blocking of certain local website especially with (.edu.my) and yet they still promoting to university student.
CELCOM should do monitoring on area too, DO CELCOM HAS ANY STAFF GRADUATE IN OPERATION RESEARCH??? CELCOM should do research on how much market share they going to gain and how much bandwidth should be increase over time. They won't change the old fashion way of business (Get more customer first then only upgrade facility when got complain), they know Malaysian won't complain much as Malaysia Consumer Association do not have any authority to file a case on them. Dear Consumer of Malaysia, it is time to wake up, if such service is so bad, unite together and stop using them, if they gain 30% of market share in 1 year, let them loss it in one day. Posting negative comment in forum seem won't get their attention.

MALAYSIA Service Sector should look into "Quality and Reliability". If your current worker can't do Operation research properly, its time to hire new fresh graduate. those old and outdated is time to improve skill and knowledge.
 27th of Sep, 2009 by   xpaxuser 0 Votes
I'm not surprised with all the complaint about celcom.I have recently acquired celcom broadband and having problem with the celcom broadband sim card. The celcom assured me that the sim card will be activated in a week time. Every day, i keep calling the CS for the update of my sim card. After 1 week, no activation done to the sim card. And guess what the problem??The sim card itself is the problem!!! They gave the wrong sim card to me and activate the other sim card. I've gone berserk over this problem because they ask me to go to the centre and collect the sim card itself. They 'buat tahi' with customer and then they ask the customer to clean it themselves. It makes me very angry with their style of solving the problem.It was so hard to get through the CS and solved this problem. After many many angry call, i finally get the sim card posted to me which is after 2 weeks i registered the line.

And personally i think the celcom service is bad, but actually we don't have many choices, RITE???
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   wHITE 08 0 Votes
what's wrong with your CMT!! What happen. What a stupid song that you all given to your customer. Where all the greats song that you've given to us last last last time!!! We are very very veryyy up-sad. Where is the nostalgian, the popular songs, where is P. Ramlee, Saloma, Acha Septriasa, Rossa, Siti Nurhaliza, Ziana Zain... OR what so ever... the popular indonesian group kerispatih...ungu... where all the songsssss... I've already call to the celcom... and the customer service informed me that the CMT on the way upgrading the services...and they said the cmt will be ok soon (on mei 09).. but till now the library of the cmt all the same and what a stupid script and the stupid funny to us (customer) to buy!!! When we try to search and find the song that we want... there is no song available!!! Dont have at all. Please...please...please... make a formerly back...!!
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   yusri6900 +1 Votes
Celcom is very good in driving me crazy just to get my problem fully resolved. With numerous calls and complaints made to its Care Line, it just like pouring water in the sand...almost nothing happen.

When I asked for their top mgt contacts...my request was turned down...I just want to talk to someone with authority!!! Not the pathetic 'robotic-CSE'

Now, I don't know where to turn to and who is responsible in resolving my problem

I wish that 'Celcom' can restore my confidence like early stage when I signed in...

My report no : c090910-16647717

Help me CELCOM...
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Unsatisfied customer of celcom 0 Votes
I keep receive msg from celcom asking me to pay the bill. BUT, my bill is auto debit to my credit card every month. When i call CELCOM CUSTOMER SERVICE, they say that i have problem with my credit card. When i call the bank, they say that there is no problem with my card and the nice customer service of EONBANK is saying that no transaction is made by CELCOM to my credit card. How can that stupid customer service of CELCOM saying that my card is problem? and also...they just end the call when i ask him to speak louder...
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   WTF55 0 Votes
To summarise the level of customer service at Celcom in a few words..."it's totally, utterly, absolutely crap!"

My 'unpleasant' experience with Celcom is with my mobile contract termination. In a nutshell, I terminated my line in September 2007 and guess what, I am still in pursuit of getting back by deposit! After a good 25 months! At times, I am really amazed with how things are done in our Bolehland.

Everytime when I called, they wouldn't be able to provide any concrete answers and always said they would return my call LATER, of which of course did not happen in every occasion. When I wrote to them, it would normally take them 1 month, if not 2, to reply! Geez, I didn't know it actually takes THAT LONG to send and receive emails in the 21st century.

Actually I have almost given up on the amount of money but what pisses me off, big time, is their attitude and 'efficiency' in handling 'valued' customer's complaints.

Does anyone have alternative email contact of Celcom apart from their generic careline email address? I would really love to email their CEO or head of customer service department, only if they care.

I welcome any sort of discussion. Reach me at jason.eng@kbr.com

Cheers, Jason
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   aki sabit 0 Votes
I just registered my phone with exe50 plan last week and now i have a problem with this "pirate company" stealing my money through their stupid download services which provide url for me to download some funny things, the bad part is that they charge me RM 4.00 for every smses which was irritating me so much for the whole week, and due to that i've made a complain to celcom centre today and then went to their agent to argue on that matter.. i am suspecting that somebody had registered my no. to that pirate company! most probably their agent (phone dealer)since they had lying to me when i asked whether the smses will cause me RM 4 or not, and they said.."No!" which is so make me doubtful until i made the complaint to celcom centre today of which they said.."It will be charged to your bill" and cannot be refunded... Just imagine RM 4 per sms and you will receive 1 to 2 smses perday??? per month will easily cost you RM 120 to RM 240... Though it is small money for a well-off person out there.. I won't let this pirate has a single chance to steal our money.. Just imagine if there are100 person from all over malaysia are having this problem..How much customer money will be involved...

Nevertheless, I am waiting for an sms from celcom centre to rectify this matter or if they are late to react.. I will cut off this sim card by tomorrow before the pirate conned me another RM4.00 per day for another 2o days

Celcom really disappointing me..
 17th of Jan, 2010 by   msHch 0 Votes
y such a big company like celcom didnt provide any complaint column in their website for customer?? same things happened to me, about 3+1. at first, there was UNLIMITED FREE VOICE CALL, after 3-4 months, y it turn to LIMITED 20 HOURS??? such a stupid promotion. then, when their system got problem in reminding customer about the usage and in checking the bills, the charged me for their mistakes. now, i need to pay them RM268!!! oh shit!! do they think the money fall down from the sky??? i referred to CS, but the said they can make a complaint for me, but still i need to pay that amount. then, whats d point i go to CS if the result still the same???? CELCOM such a stupid, a shit company!
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   Jaychan 0 Votes
csf@celcom.com.my - Chew Su Fong - VP Customer Service
 20th of Jan, 2010 by   Jaychan 0 Votes
Anyone out there got very slow broadband even though the signal is full bar? Damn, I paid RM 499 for my modem. Dunno whether they will upgrade or will upgrade the service? Got no choice as got no P1, Digi or Amax Mobile BB in my area. So benggang...only get faster line after 12 midnight or Sunday mornings.
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   NRNH 0 Votes
Worst costumer service & co. ever. Never want to take responsibility. Always customer fault. Very frustrating.
I submitted proper registration fraud complaint (after going through their troublesome requests...police report, letter of oath etc), & yet they have the guts to tell me it will take about 4 months to a year to resolve my problems. And till then, my account will remain blacklisted! We are guilty till they find us innocent! Oh my gosh!Now I am stuck with them!
My second complaint regarding sms fraud is still the same. Customer's fault! Have to pay full amount even I've never ever subscribe to any! Never one to listen to customer's explanation.
I've submitted both complaints to MCMC & they did respond to the first complaint. Waiting for their next course of action.
Someone please tell me what to do next.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by   Celcom Dismayed SMS Receiver 0 Votes
Mr NRNH
I am Celcom Dismayed SMS Receiver
I am also a receiver from 33886 EVERWORKS with charges up to RM76 (to plus another 4 in upcoming bill will total to RM92)
I have sent to MCMC / SKMM. Now sent to NCCC, The Star, Sin Chew. To ask to resolve.
Worst I sent c.c. to Celcom when sending to SKMM, and received sms from Celcom on the 4th day to say that it is mandatory to settle the RM76 within 5 days of receipt of the SMS, and this is within 15days of SKMM, ...
So, CELCOM KNOWS THE LOOPHOLE OF GOVERNMENT!!!
What is this !!!
CELCOM IS THE PIRATE OF THE COMMUNICATION SECTOR IN MALAYSIA!!!
Why not you do the same to send to the followings:-
myaduan@nccc.org.my
info@sinchew-i.com
editor@thestar.com.my
And let us see if anyone of these media or Government sector personnel could assist us!
Hopefully there is a glimpse of hope from these e-media
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   worldcitizen 0 Votes
from Maxis i swiched to celcom
form day one i had reception problems in my area sg besi 7 1/2 mile
for the next 6 month numerous complaint over the phone
and two walk in to centre

technicians will call if i am bussy with work or did not hear the h/p ring or due to celcom line they will not bother to make attempts to try a few times

then they will report " no problem with line, checked"

then i made another report
sometimes report NO. is given but they will not have record
there was even a time where a report no. given by one customer service rep, and another rep told " ini bukan report no encik, they don't even know waht they are doing

last one person from technical side called and told me " memang kawasan you ada problem sebab tak da tower, only cadang to erect one 2011 or 2012

so did the technician came and checked ?
why was i not told about this when i registered for a line

feed up
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   Frustrated Celcom User +1 Votes
Disappointed...
Very disappointed...
I applied Celcom 3G Broadband - RM98 per month... and this is the speed i got (attached picture)...
Called to service center, they always said: "We are upgrading our system..."
What can I say? *speechless*
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   Frustrated Celcom User +1 Votes
attached picture

4th of Mar, 2010 by   Azureen 0 Votes
On 4th March 2010, I got a text from Celcom saying that my bill of RM58.85 will be due in 5 days. Later on that night, I discovered that my line has been barred. I called Celcom Careline 1111 to know the amount that I have to pay, and the "robot" said Rm 58.85. After making payment via Maybank2u at 12.41am, I called Celcom Careline to give my reference number so that my line can be activated. To my surprise, the operator said my line cannot be activated because I have not paid another RM 290. I had no idea of that RM 290 because I was only told to pay RM 58.85, and that was it. So on 12.56 am, I maid another payment of RM290. Once payment had been made, every thing was fine at first. When I wanted to send a message at about 1+ pm, I discovered my line has been barred again. So I phone Celcom Careline at about 1.30-1.40 pm and the moody operator said there is nothing Celcom can do because the system is like that, I'll just have to wait. I got pissed off upon hearing it. Two seconds after the conversation with the moody operator ended, my inbox was flooded withAN messages from Celcom ' WELCOME TO CELCOM 3G! bla bla bla' and I RECEIVED MORE THAN 120 SMS...OF THE SAME MESSAGE. Even if Celcom Careline is really annoyed with the customers, who give you the right to show disrespect to your customers by spamming their inbox? WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE IS THIS? I had to switch off my phone for a while because I kept on receiving the same SMS non-stop. So I called Celcom Careline again, asking them to activate my line and stop spamming my inbox. The operator did admit that she saw the incoming sms, and just like the moody operator, she cannot do anything.

I had a meeting at Tangkak at 4.30, and I had to rush to my office to phone the Celcom Headquarters to activate my because there is no way I will go to Tangkak with my line being barred. At 2.20 I tried to contact the headquarters but to no avail, this had been going on for 15 minutes, when a lady finally picked up the phone. When I said I would like to talk to the manager/boss, she said "hold on" and at the end, the line got engaged. I called Celcom Careline again at about 2.45 pm, and the operator told me to fax the receipts as proof of payment to this particular number, and she asked me to call Celcom Careline again to inform them that I've faxed it. I agreed to her request and at the same time persuaded her to jot down my reference numbers as proof of payment BUT SHE REFUSED.

I was rushing. I needed to go by 3 pm otherwise I will be late for the meeting. So I asked my staff to fax it and I straight away drove to Tangkak. 10 minutes later my staff called me saying that he had faxed the receipts. So as instructed, I called Celcom Careline to inform them that I have faxed it. Suddenly the operator said, I MUST GIVE THE FAX NUMBER. If I was told that they might need the fax number in the future, I might have saved it in my phone before I left the office. But NO, Celcom only told me to phone them to inform them that I have faxed the receipts. Now I was driving to Tangkak, and AGAIN CELCOM COULD NOT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE CELCOM DID NOT KNOW THE FAX NUMBER. AND THE BEST PART, THE CONVERSATION ENDED OUT OF SUDDEN!

After the meeting, and once I got back home, at about 8.10 I called Celcom Careline asking, begging, them to activate my line, , and the operator transferred me to the department which could release the line, but the conversation never happened, and I had to call back 1111 and started all over again, AND THIS OCCURED FOR MORE THAN FIVE TIMES.

And FINALLY, I managed to talk to the operator in the 'release department' and she said my line will be released/activated within 3 hours. And when I asked how to lodge a complain, she suggested me to mail to careline@celcom.com.my, and when I said I have sent a mail at midnight and still got no reply, she said she will transfer me to another 'department' and as expected, the conversation never happened.

I got so frustrated, pissed off, and annoyed with Celcom because
1) I was not told of the exact amount that I have to pay. At first I had to pay RM58, then later only I was told to pay RM290. I could have just paid at one-go and THIS SHITTY INCIDENT WILL NOT HAPPEN IF I WAS INFORMED OF THE EXACT AMOUNT THAT I HAVE TO PAY.
2) Dear operator, just because you are moody and you think the customer is annoying, that is not a valid reason to SPAM MY INBOX with the stupid Celcom SMS. The operator said it was the system that sent the sms non-stop, BUT WHO OPERATES THE SYSTEM, IF NOT YOUR BRAINLESS PEOPLE?
3) I did pay, I did insist to give the reference numbers, instead YOU WANT ME TO FAX THEM, which I did, and later you told me you need the fax number so that you can know whether you have received the fax or not. I did not save the number in my phone because I did not expect them to make such stupid request, and when they did request, I was already driving, how can I call my staff to get the number if my line was barred? PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THIS GUINEA PIG TREATMENT TO THE CUSTOMERS, WE CUSTOMERS DO NOT DESERVE THIS!
4) And even after all these nonsense and shitty things have happened, I still had to call the Careline for more than 5 times to be able to speak to those in the 'release department'

AND IN LESS THAN 1 MINUTE, MY LINE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.

I have been your customer since donkey years and my monthly bills will definitely be more than RM300, and I pay my bills without fail, and CELCOM still give me this guinea pig treatment?

Celcom is full of brainless people who are demotivated to work and are so very IT-illiterate. They only know to blame the system. I think Celcom should just remove the Customer Service from one of its services as it is useless and hopeless. I guess the people in Celcom, FROM TO BOTTOM, they just DO NOT CARE of their customers. Losing a customer like me will not make them go bankrupt, they will still earn more and more money every day. But God is fair, ONE DAY YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.

CELCOM WILL DEFINITELY GET BACK ITS OWN MEDICINE.

Does Medications Help?