logo

Nulexa
scam
5. (18 mins ago)
Bethea Jenner
Astrology and psychic rip off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

CDM Institute

Posted:    SamF54

Scam

CDM Institute
Consumer pays $5, 285 to become a medical biller/coder. Course outline said we would have hospital billing - we did not. Teacher can't teach Microsoft Word, Excel and Medical Manager like the outline said we would have. School has no contacts with doctor's offices, hospitals to help place you in a job. Teacher said that health insurance changes yearly so there's nothing to teach. School is not an accredited school you will not be certified. School has 8 complaints against them at the Better Business Bureau. Teacher, Nancy Wilhelm, talks about her divorce, her dogs, and how hot she is and that's why she got the job. Course hours per the outline are 332.50 - we only had 90 hours of class work. This school is a certificate mill. Coming out of this school - you will not have the right credentials to get any kind of job. Its just a scam. They want your money - they don't care about the person.
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Aug, 2010 by   slp314 0 Votes
I have recently graduated from CDM institute in Jersey city. My educator taught us everything we needed to know about medical billing and coding plus more. We even learned about Microsoft and all the assets to it. I have been able to score an amazing career at a chiropractors office because of CDM institute. I am NHA certified in Medical billing and coding with administration. My career advisor is amazing and has thousands of contacts that are useful towards getting a job. I don't know what you are talking about because this school gave me something i never had before. Oh, and i didn't have to pay for it either!
 14th of Aug, 2010 by   moneydown the drain 0 Votes
CDM is a scam. The sales rep, 'career advisor' is only out to get your money. They promise job placement and sell you on a career making $22 per hour out the door. They say you'll be qualified to open your own company and the sky's the limit. I fell for this scam as did most people in my class. The course is a joke and does not prepare you for a career. They push the NHA certification (which is seperate) but the cert does nothing. Doctors in New Jersey do not want a certified inexperienced biller; the want experience and they really don't care if you're certified. Jobs pay far less than what CDM sells you. If you can get in the door as a receptionist making $10. per hour you're lucky. It takes years to earn $22.00. And as far as paying for it, the only reason why it was free for above poster is because tax payers footed her bill. Those unemployed were able to go to this school and have it paid up until the money ran out. There were people in my class that didn't have to pay for it, either. I paid $5, 000.00 of my heard eanred money- down the toilette. People who graduated from my class are now working at Bed Bath and Beyond or filing medical charts for $9.00 per hour. Wow, like anyone needed to be NHA certified to do that. And, don't expect help from the NHA. That's a scam, too. Their job placement is a person who sits at a desk and goes through the want ads. You can do that on your own. Save your money.
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   Celeste2010 0 Votes
All of the above it's true. I too graduated from CDM last year and was told that the Bookkeeping etc. training would involve more word & excel training and in reality we only had 2 weeks out of the 6.. I'm still looking for work and the so called "diploma" does nothing for you. There was no certification tests as we were told. We were also told that 3 weeks before graduating we would be going out on interviews. The "counselor" would come in in the middle of the class, interrupt to go over how we were supposed to dress, talk, behave during interviews and would post job openings that were old. The interviews never came to pass and I never even got my "final" interview with the counselor.. Guess I fell through the cracks.. No internship available either. Save your money, go to a respectable college. I could of had a better course at a community college for less money.. Live an learn
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Guccilover 0 Votes
This school is not a school of what it says it is. Rudy Rangel that works here is a professional scam artist. It's non refundable because that's all they want from you us your money. They pretend to hook you up with Sallie Mae to get a loan but never heard from them and of course never saw my $230.00. Whoever the one stated above said got anion an didn't pat for any schooling is a big liar and um sure it is one if these people. My friend "finished" from this institute which I really wouldn't call it that 3 years ago and was NEVER placed for a job. Go with other schools
That are accredited and licenced . Anthony this short is a scam an never shell out any money until anything is for sure. Bottomline don't go with CDM INSTITUTE!!!
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   Guccilover 0 Votes
This school is not a school of what it says it is. Rudy Rangel that works here is a professional scam artist. It's non refundable because that's all they want from you is your money. They pretend to hook you up with Sallie Mae to get a loan but never heard from them and of course never saw my $230.00 back. Whoever the one stated above said got a loan an didn't pay for any schooling is a big liar and am sure it is one if these people who work for CDM Institute. My friend "finished" from this institute which I really wouldn't call it that 3 years ago and was NEVER placed for a job. Never until now no Job placement done by CDM Institue. Go with other schools
That are accredited and licensed . CDM is a Certification Mill as one said is true, a scam and never shell out any money until anything is for sure. Bottomline don't go with CDM INSTITUTE!!!
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   WHAT A DISGRACE! 0 Votes
I ALSO WENT FOR MEDICAL BILLING/CODING IN VINELAND, NJ AND I MUST AGREE THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE. VERY UNPROSFESSIONAL. HAD TO SIT AND LISTEN TO THE INSTRUCTOR ABOUT HIS GAY RELATIONSHIP, ALWAYS BROKE NEVER HAD MONEY ALWAYS WANTED STUDENTS TO TREAT HIM FOR LUNCH. TEACHING WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION! TAUGHT SELF! WAS NOT ORGANIZED IN THIS SCHOOL OR DUMP! DOES NOT HELP WITH JOB PLACEMENT.BOOKS GIVEN WERE WHAT SO CALLED INSTRUCTORS MADE UP NOT STATE PUBLISHED. SCAM IS THE WORD THAT WAS CORRECT!!!
 27th of Oct, 2010 by   usedso 0 Votes
Hi guys,

After reading all this, i am thinking if i should really join this cdm, i went for the admission with this institute, i am planning for medical billing and coding, and need NHA cert, if not this institute do you know any other good institute for the same, pls let me know, i am in a pickle right now... need help
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   Past Student 0 Votes
CDM Institute in Vineland does not run like that. Admissions is beyond helpful. The director there cares and she helps you in whatever you need. Career Services is also very helpful. The billing teacher that is mentioned above is no longer with the company and the new teacher is outstanding! I am a current student and absolutely LOVE my instructor and the other teachers too!
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   fearr 0 Votes
BUYER BEWARE!!! The people who run CDM, have no morals
and take advantage of people paying cash.
They charge more for cash paying students and claim to give an extra class that is not offered to funded students. After you pay, you find out that it is a scam. Everyone learns the same thing. CDM takes peoples hard earned money with a clear mind. Shame on the people in charge of running CDM!
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   Disgruntled Grad 0 Votes
I agree completely. I found out afterwards that the real certification in the field is the CPC through the AAPC. Of course I now know that I could have gotten that certification through another school. I also now realize I needed HCPCS coding training, which wasn't even mentioned, let alone taught. Now I sit here unable to get a job and don't even have the skills that entry-level jobs require. Stay away from CDM!!!
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   Cdmmarlton 0 Votes
Hey guys,

I went to CDM in Marlton, NJ for some info on attending their school. My whole session was 20 minutes. I was never even given a tour of the school. A week later I contacted the person whom I spoke to for an additional appointment for some last details and I was told she could assist me on the phone. I found the information to be conflicting from what I was told when I had went there in person. This only confirms to me that there is no truth in what is said by counselor of the school. Not to say that I felt that I was not important enough to come in again for information. I was totally against attending that school. What a turn off. Thank god that I had this experience before it was to late.
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   CONCERNED89 0 Votes
I ALSO AGREE Graduated earlier this year, all I have to say is that CDM in Jersey City JSQ IS BIG WASTE OF MONEY. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE IN MY WHOLE LIFE. I went for CAD/SOLIDWORKS. They promise you job placement and promote the $20 an hour. Its a shame really you can tell these jokers are out for just money alone trying to sell the school to make an extra buck. I'm now paying off a loan for a field I'm not even working in. Half way through the year the replaced a representative who was supposed to help us get a job. I would've been better off going to a more accredited school. Anyone considering going here take into account there is no parking you will be paying $5 every time if you cant find a spot on the street(which is hard to find). That adds up if your doing an 8 month course. The loan interest is about 15%!!!, this school is definitely not even worth it. Computers majority of the time had problems which caused classes to lag. No syllabus at all, if anything your better off attending HUDSON COUNTY SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY in downtown jersey city (post secondary) FOR WAY LESS AND BETTER EDUCATION. I would never recommend this school to anyone stay away from CDM.
 9th of May, 2012 by   cdm hater 0 Votes
Oh, I don't even know where to start!!! Alberta Mc Coy is the laziest, dishonest, unprofessional ( I could go on forever) instructor I have ever experienced . I went to class at night, the class times were supposed to be from 6:00pm to 10:00pm . It was very rare that Alberta was on time .I complained and then she started having the other teachers sign in for her so that her boss could no longer track her lateness. We Never stayed until 10:00pm, what a joke. Broken equipment, leaking ceiling, broken computers and an incompetent instructor. I am one of the unlucky people who took a loan from my 401k plan to attend this scam school. No one knows what goes on there at night! The people that were on unemployment took this course for free, lucky them but they hardly ever showed up. I had to go in to complain because the instructor did't teach all of the curriculum. They thought of me as a troublemaker because I wanted what I paid for. Alberta even brought her disruptive child to class. This class was soooo ridiculous that I just wanted to take the exam and be done. Good thing I got a study guide from another teacher and gave it to our class because I don't think we would have passed. I studied the morning of the exam and passed not because of Alberta but because of the other teacher.Alot more happened it the 5 months I was there but i'm going on too long. In closing i'd like to know what "LIFETIME CAREER PLACEMENT" MEANS! ! MORE THING, ALBERTA IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU SUCK AND YOU ARE A LIAR!!!

Online Pharmacy Scams